Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Albin0 Rhin0
    • Jan 2011

Rocky and Bullwinkle scores

ugh.... Zen... why??? That was my best score out of all the tables too... spent hours trying to get 180m..
  • gazuk
    • Mar 2011

I agree took me ages to get 130m i also lost 2,000 wizard score

Comment

• rapierdwit
      • Jan 2011

Now that they fixed the scoring on it, anyone want to do a table guide

Comment

• Solitude
        KickBeaten Down
        • Mar 2010

As you may have noticed (and as I hinted earlier), the Rocky and Bullwinkle leaderboard was reset, and changes were made to the table rules.

The official statement:

"Dear Pinball FX2 owners, we’ve discovered an error in how the Rocky & Bullwinkle table awards points, a problem that has resulted in some astronomically inflated scores and had a disproportionate effect on Superscores. As part of the update to fix the problem, we must reset the Rocky & Bullwinkle leaderboards. We apologize to all the players who have put time and effort into improving their score. All other leaderboards will be unaffected; this should be the last time we have to do a reset."

Comment

• IndyRC_Racer
          • Mar 2011

I fully support that the Rocky & Bullwinkle high score leaderboard was reset (even though I had around 4 billion). However, if you reset the scores on this one game you MUST reset the Superscore leaderboard. I would also like a reset on the Wizard score leaderboard as well. I would prefer that the Superscore leaderboard represent the current rules of Pinball FX2, and not reflect a previous "broken" scoring system from Rocky & Bullwinkle.

A huge part of the replay factor of this game was trying to improve on all of my scores. Now that there is a 4000 point difference (4 billion actual) between my new adjusted Superscore and the Superscore leaderboard, I find it highly unlikely that I will improve on all of the remaining tables to recoop what I lost from Rocky & Bullwinkle. While I certainly could devote more time to becoming a better player on various tables, this level of dedication would remove the fun factor for me and ultimately become a disincentive to replayability.

I respectfully request that Zen reset the Superscore leaderboard to reflect everyone's current Superscore.

Thanks for providing & supporting a great product.

Comment

• oldson
            • Feb 2011

The amount of time it took me to get 140 odd million and you destroy it in 1 second, yeah thanks.

Its been my most unfavoured table since purchase, I talked a friend into buying fx2 and he dominated that particular table.
            So just when I kick his sorry butt, along comes zen

not best pleased!!!!!!

Comment

• Cloda
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2010

Jeez people - get over it! There are some good reasons why the score has been reset. If I was you I would anyways forget about this and the other FX 1 tables and spend the time I have on the much better FX2 core and Marvel tables - Oh wait.... I am doing that. That is apart from Earth Defense and Excalibur.
              XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• oldson
                • Feb 2011

Getting over it mmmmmmmmm, don't think so.

Which table is going to be next?

"Oh sorry, you're not supposed to get that high a score, reset".
                Why was this exploit or whatever its being called in the finished/hopefully tested, game?

I know sometimes things get overlooked and accept that. (Gears2)
                But to just wipe it all clean the day after I get 140m+, made me feel like *delete*delete*

Comment

• Womble
                  • Nov 2010

For the record, Zen signalled some time ago that R&B's scoring would be fixed and that people shouldn't get comfortable with their existing scores.

Comment

• X DrLobo
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Dec 2010

It messes with the superscore leaderboard now though :/ since our superscore is updated after a game of R&B but the superscore leaderboard hasn't been wiped !

Comment

• Flynn74
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Solitude
                      As you may have noticed (and as I hinted earlier), the Rocky and Bullwinkle leaderboard was reset, and changes were made to the table rules.

The official statement:

"Dear Pinball FX2 owners, we’ve discovered an error in how the Rocky & Bullwinkle table awards points, a problem that has resulted in some astronomically inflated scores and had a disproportionate effect on Superscores. As part of the update to fix the problem, we must reset the Rocky & Bullwinkle leaderboards. We apologize to all the players who have put time and effort into improving their score. All other leaderboards will be unaffected; this should be the last time we have to do a reset."
                      It would be nice if you could apply the reverse for the Extreme table. I spent a good 30mins (at least) on that table and only got a measly score of 14million. This table has vastly deflated scores. Shame, because i quite like that table but have no motivation to play it to try and improve my superscore.

For the record, I hate Rocky & Bullwinkle. I would like to get a real life table made of this and then smash it to pieces. Frustrating beyond belief. Good job on all the rest though. Looking forward to Mars and Paranormal. I've got them both for the PS3 but Zen Pinball just doesn't have the same nice feel as FX2. Any chance of converting the Tesla table too?

Comment

• Liverslapper
                        • Dec 2010

Oldson, I believe you need to fill this out.

Anyway. I am glad the change was made. Thanks for the updates.
                        My Guides: Nightmare Mansion

XBL Gamertag - XLiverslapperX

Comment

• The Albin0 Rhin0
                          • Jan 2011

i must say to you guys, i apologize for not knowing Zen was going to reset the scores.

First thing i did was download the update, then all of a sudden my score disappeared, without a explanation i looked up on the forums, couldn't find nothing about it, made a thread to learn whats going on. Then Solitude posted, i learn what happened, and i am as cheerful as ever. Besides, it means more play time on R&B. =D

i mean no harm or anything.

Comment

• Solitude
                            KickBeaten Down
                            • Mar 2010

I think that the people complaining have every right to be upset, so please don't mock them. We try to avoid doing something like this if possible, but in this particular case, it would have been worse to leave it alone, especially since the new table rules make it much harder for people who play in the future to compete with the inflated scores of the past. This way, there is a level playing field.

Comment

• oldson
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Liverslapper
                              Oldson, I believe you need to fill this out.

Anyway. I am glad the change was made. Thanks for the updates.
                              LOL old son, splendid form.

It's a shame that it wasn't fill in-able, yes I tried.......

Sorry, I haven't introduced myself, hi guys n gals I'm oldson and I'm from sunny Bournemouth, £ngland.

Comment

Working...