Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal Goal - 100m on every table=Doable?

Does Earth Defense even have a wizard mode? I've played through all 10 medals, but I pretty much lost my ball within 10 shots afterwards. I didn't notice anything happening at all.... (PS3 version)

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    Does Earth Defense even have a wizard mode? I've played through all 10 medals, but I pretty much lost my ball within 10 shots afterwards. I didn't notice anything happening at all.... (PS3 version)

Confirmed to have Wizard Mode:

Wolverine
    Spiderman
    Iron Man
    Blade
    Mars
    Fantastic Four
    Captain America
    Secrets of the Deep
    Biolab
    Pasha
    Speed Machine
    Agents
    Buccaneer
    Nightmare Mansion
    Street Fighter II
    Earth Defense
    Excalibur

Confirmed to NOT have Wizard Mode/Frenzy Mode:
    Extreme
    Rocky & Bullwinkle (Rocky and Bullwinkle mission is the Wizard Mode)
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 08-27-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Nevermind wizard mode. Did you get your 100M on Xtreme or not? :-p

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    Nevermind wizard mode. Did you get your 100M on Xtreme or not? :-p
    This is for you UranusIsBroken...
    102M actually....I pretty much quit after 100m, that my friends was a test of pure endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    102M actually....I pretty much quit after 100m, that my friends was a test of pure endurance.
    And so you did it? I bow to your determination!

Thumbs up

LOL I just got your notification via Xbox Live. I knew there was zero chance that by the time I logged on here, you hadn't already updated this post. How long did it take? Christ. Talk about inception. That had to have been SO agonizing. Like being stuck in the dream world for 50 years, and finding out only 5 minutes had passed. Good work...freak. LOL Now hurry up and bury the hatchet in Speed Machine...because I want to see your revised goal structure going forward. :-p

LOL I just got your notification via Xbox Live. I knew there was zero chance that by the time I logged on here, you hadn't already updated this post. How long did it take? Christ. Talk about inception. That had to have been SO agonizing. Like being stuck in the dream world for 50 years, and finding out only 5 minutes had passed. Good work...freak. LOL Now hurry up and bury the hatchet in Speed Machine...because I want to see your revised goal structure going forward. :-p
    Took about three hours last night to get sixty. Left it on all night then about two hours this morning.

Took about three hours last night to get sixty. Left it on all night then about two hours this morning.
    LMAO. I figured as much. I was on last night and it said you were "away" but playing Xtreme. That's when I sent you the message "LOL". I KNEW you were taking a break...because it doesn't have the save feature. That's way too funny. 5 f'in hours. What hell.

Wow..i had forgotten that old tables haven't the save feature...That makes it even more impressive!

Please....get help.

www.pinballmasochism.org

LNow hurry up and bury the hatchet in Speed Machine...because I want to see your revised goal structure going forward. :-p
    My revised goal structure will be to reclaim any table that OMGITSSOHUGE has a better score than me on Honestly, I will prolly try to pick up a few achievements I am lacking: I need two on Pasha, so I most likely start there, then work on Biolab and maybe revisit Iron Man before I lose my edge on it but I can usually only stand one Wizard Mode run per sitting on Iron Man, it takes too much patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic_FTW View Post
    Please....get help.

www.pinballmasochism.org
    I admit it, I clicked it

My revised goal structure will be to reclaim any table that OMGITSSOHUGE has a better score than me on Honestly, I will prolly try to pick up a few achievements I am lacking: I need two on Pasha, so I most likely start there, then work on Biolab and maybe revisit Iron Man before I lose my edge on it but I can usually only stand one Wizard Mode run per sitting on Iron Man, it takes too much patience.
    LOL Yeah. It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't fire up the 360 and find a "1" next to the lil mail envelope on the dashboard stating that you just beat my all-time score. It shouldn't take you long to thumb my Biolab or Pasha scores, as they're pretty pedestrian. Excalibur's gonna be some work though, son. :-p

I admit it, I clicked it
    Yeah...I clicked it too. LOL

Excalibur's gonna be some work though, son. :-p
    And Wolverine! Honestly, I really, REALLY want to know if there is a Excalibur Wizard mode, its on my bucket list

And Wolverine! Honestly, I really, REALLY want to know if there is a Excalibur Wizard mode, its on my bucket list
    Honestly, I believe it must...and I think it pays out a ton. I simply believe it has to. There's no way the top scores on that table, absent of the saving mechanism, came without the joys of a wizard mode. It took me forever just to put up 297M. I can't imagine what it took those guys to amass BILLIONS.

On my high score run, I went through all the levels of the joust, all the levels of the damsel in distress, completed all of the Knight's Tales except Sir Percival, did the Questing the Beast and Holy Grail quests multiple times, defeated the Robber Knights.... I mean...I did damn near everything you could...and still ended up with 297. I took down the castle at LEAST 4 times.

I wish they'd build in a feature like what's on Pac-Man DX...which automatically records the top games for replay on demand. Granted, none of those games take longer than 10 minutes. LOL That would be my ultimate feature on FX2. To be able to watch a replay of the top game played on any table.

I wish they'd build in a feature like what's on Pac-Man DX...which automatically records the top games for replay on demand. Granted, none of those games take longer than 10 minutes. LOL That would be my ultimate feature on FX2. To be able to watch a replay of the top game played on any table.
    I love you and want to have your children.

I'm quite confident you can beat my Wolverine score. Seriously. I've gotten over 500M at least a half dozen times now. Like any run, it takes patience...but there's a definitive, repeatable approach that can be taken that yields a ton of points with relatively low risk, and doesn't necessitate spamming any one thing in particular.

Pretty much, once you can hit the two saucers on demand...the table is yours. Those are the keystone shots.

You guys are amazing. I'm just in disbelief reading these scores...

Quote Originally Posted by darc View Post
    You guys are amazing. I'm just in disbelief reading these scores...
    Some of these guys are amazing...yes.

The 100M mark some of these tables is a relative walk in the park, for anyone who's been playing for a decent amount of time. Anyone that's truthful will admit such. :-p That being said, some of these tables are absolutely frigid when it comes to scoring, and 100M is indeed a major chore, and one hell of an accomplishment. Some of the original FX tables in particular are real grinches when it comes to scoring. Of the new tables (FX2), only Ironman is particularly tough to score 100M on....although I'm personally having difficulty with SoTD and Rome.
    Last edited by UranusIsBroken; 07-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.

I agree the scores are amazing.

However how can it be that with the amount of skilful players on here no-one knows if Excalibur has a wizard mode!

LOL Excalibur is one tough table. I have the 22nd best score on it, but I still can't tell you if there's a wizard mode. However, the top few scores are in the billions, and unless they went the same route I did, 10x over in one game, then I'm certain one of them knows. However, pinball appears to be quite the international game these days, and a lot of the guys up top aren't of the English speaking variety...so I haven't been able to ask them what the deal is. LOL

Yeah thats what I was thinking - why not message one of the top guys!

Ive spent a bit of time on the table and can appreciate that doing all of the knights tales in one game must be difficult. In particular Arthurs quest and the one where you have to chase the beast - I forget its name now.

King Arthur, and Sir Kay. Both involve making shots to Excalibur. Sir Kay can be particularly maddening when you accidentally hit Excalibur instead of the captive ball to switch routes. Personally, I'm fine with both of those. I have fits with Percival, however.

Ug Arthur drives me nuts. I've beaten it a few times but never when it matters. I guess wizard mode on Excal just isn't that important scoring wise (as far as i know) The knight missions don't yield thatmany points or free balls. The way to score on that table is jousting, siege (free ball and like 15M~) and spamming the renown mission. (ok thats debateable i know but if you can do it quickly its an easy 6M + EOB bonus) The MB is ok too for scores if you can manage to light them up (hit merlins ramp during the MB after all JP's are cleared)

Anyway, it's 5 difficult missions... The only semi-"easy" one is Gawaine. I suppose if you just went for those Wizard mode (or lack there of) is possible but pts per minute is gona suffer alot.

Also lol at the pinball degenerates who clicked that link...

Pinball degenerate. I like the sound of that. A lot. Too bad it's just a little bit too long to be made into a gamertag, or I'd be on it like white on rice.

Fact is, I can't see why every table on FX would have wizard mode EXCEPT Excalibur and Earth Defense. SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING!

Information hoarding should be illegal in pinball.
    Last edited by UranusIsBroken; 07-06-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Pinball degenerate. I like the sound of that. A lot. Too bad it's just a little bit too long to be made into a gamertag, or I'd be on it like white on rice.

Fact is, I can't see why every table on FX would have wizard mode EXCEPT Excalibur and Earth Defense. SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING!

Information hoarding should be illegal in pinball.
    Well, extreme does NOT have a wizard mode, so it is possible ED and Excalibur do not too.

Whats the char length for the GT's? PinballDegen maby? IDK. 12StepPnBll?

Ok, I guess I'm just gona have to focus on beating all those knight missions on Excal now to find out. I like that table alot anyway, but it's gona be a grind. I have been playing SotD but that crane mission is driving me nuts. I thought it was 4 balls you had to release but its 5! I finnaly got 4 and was like phew finnaly... Wait WhAt??!!?? I could use a break from it I guess.

Any way if I can figure it out I'll update. Still trying to devise a plan. Should I go for the FB first or just straight into the missions? I'll figure it out...

Whats the char length for the GT's? PinballDegen maby? IDK. 12StepPnBll?

Ok, I guess I'm just gona have to focus on beating all those knight missions on Excal now to find out. I like that table alot anyway, but it's gona be a grind. I have been playing SotD but that crane mission is driving me nuts. I thought it was 4 balls you had to release but its 5! I finnaly got 4 and was like phew finnaly... Wait WhAt??!!?? I could use a break from it I guess.

Any way if I can figure it out I'll update. Still trying to devise a plan. Should I go for the FB first or just straight into the missions? I'll figure it out...
    Gamertag length is limited to 15 characters, I believe. If I'm wrong, then I'm certain it's 14.

FB=free ball ??? If you're talking about Excalibur, I would strongly recommend completing the Marching to Battle sequence to earn a quick extra ball, before going after the Knight's Tales. I would also attempt the tales that give you the most difficulty first. If you're going to fail, fail fast and spare yourself the time.

Gamertag length is limited to 15 characters, I believe. If I'm wrong, then I'm certain it's 14.

FB=free ball ??? If you're talking about Excalibur, I would strongly recommend completing the Marching to Battle sequence to earn a quick extra ball, before going after the Knight's Tales. I would also attempt the tales that give you the most difficulty first. If you're going to fail, fail fast and spare yourself the time.

Yes FB = Free Ball

IDK though I think the jousting would be quicker FB and more points to boot. Siege you have to hit the green lane three times then do the whole ramp thing 9 times (3 ramp, 3 hole, 3 castle) Jousting you just hit the orbits a few times then play a quick minigame... IDK, you do have to joust 3 times but I bet it's close time wise. Plus if you fail a jousting mission it dosen't reset and you can just reactivate it with some more orbit shots... just my 2 cents.

I agree with doing the tougher missions first, I'm thinking this order

1.Arthur (cause I drain from missed excal shots....)

2.Can't remember name... Quest beast one, choose right path (so easy to accsidently fail)

3.Percival (not terrible but it can be a pain)

4.Gawiane (due to my days of joust practice orbit shots are pretty easy for me, I normally get this one first try)

5.Lancelot (it's basicly the holy grail mission, easy)

So we'll see how it goes, I'll have some time tonight and mabey sunday to really give it a shot. If I don't go out this weekend (unsure atm) saturday night as well. Wish me luck.

Updated that I beat Speed Machine's Wizard Mode for a whopping reward of 10m...whoop de friggin do.

Updated that I beat Speed Machine's Wizard Mode for a whopping reward of 10m...whoop de friggin do.
    Not quite 62m per orbit then

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Not quite 62m per orbit then
    LOL Not quite....and it is TIMED and expires/kicks you out if you lose the Multiball. Who came up with this, the guy who designed Iron Man Ultimo mode? At least Ultimo gives you 1m per hit and 10m for success.

Rapier: You should be in 7th place on Extreme. I looked at all the people above you, and the below names are the only ones that I can truthfully believe ascertained their score in a legitimate manner. The rest of the people are ranked in the top 10 in Extreme, but in the THOUSANDS on infinitely easier tables. As if they have all the tables and Extreme is their favorite, AND the table their skills are best suited for. LOL As if. It's a shame the leaderboards aren't an accurate reflection of where one truly ranks on a table. Total farce.

malabouille
    HeathenSauce
    mallraider75
    DRAGON THUG Xx
    fesia
    Denis Boon

On a good note, I just got over 100M on SoTD, although I still rank 786th. LOL Baby steps. That was my 9th table at 100M+ . Bumped my Superscore up pretty decent too. Got up to 166th.

Rapier: You should be in 7th place on Extreme.
    On a good note, I just got over 100M on SoTD, although I still rank 786th. LOL Baby steps. That was my 9th table at 100M+ . Bumped my Superscore up pretty decent too. Got up to 166th.
    That is why I picked a static goal. I know what I am shooting for and I do it by beating my own score. Yes, Leader boards are nice but there are very few in Xbox360 history that are actually accurate.

As for SoTD, best score chance (and they way to double that 100m score) is spam the hell out of the mine ramp and activate the multi-ball a few dozen times. Yea, I know it is not your style but just saying

Edit- Just to keep everyone updated (like anyone cares LOL), got up to 80 Million on Speed Machine. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...or wait...those are headlights?!?!!? (Crash...Dead End).
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 07-09-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Yeah...SoTD is a massive multiball table. It's never ending. The Mine Chaos multiball is a snap to activate. Anytime the ball is on the bottom left flipper, I take shots at loading up for Abyss multiball. Periodically up top the Shark Attack multiball kicks in.

There are three missions I go out of my way NOT to activate, however. The Dive mission blows. having to hit the center, then hit an orbit before the lamps die out just isn't my bag. I also absolutely positively NEVER go out of my way to dick around with the Kraken. That is a serious waste of time. What's that mofo pay out if you actually take him down anyway? The last thing I don't go out of my way to activate is the Mine Probe multiball. If I get to the point where I need it for wizard mode, I will. But I'll already have to have beaten the Dive mission to bother.

Still...can someone please explain to me what it means when Escape is lit on the bottom left? I am absolutely CLUELESS about how to use the left plunger, or how to hit anything when I actually get to use it (which has been like, 3 times in a year). I'm positive I can get really good scores on this if I ever get ANY kind of multiplier. A video showing how to do this would be awesome.

Default That's a wrap.

Finally...The Rock has Come Back...no, wait. Sorry. Finally, Speed Machine has fallen. Threw up at 100m score on my sixth ball. Finished with 104m, after a 5 hour marathon of Playing the table, I was burnt to a crisp.

Up next? Prolly try to pick up a few achievements I have missed and beat a few wizard modes I have not managed to so yet. So, static goal complete...and No, I am NOT going for 1 Billion on every table

Congratulations! Hope u was having a lot of fun in the progress.. Can imagine it would get quite frustrating. Have fun on trying excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by jop87 View Post
    Congratulations! Hope u was having a lot of fun in the progress.. Can imagine it would get quite frustrating. Have fun on trying excalibur
    Thank you! Actually, it was more frustrating than "normal" playing. I am ready to kick back and hopefully just let things flow for awhile

Thank you! Actually, it was more frustrating than "normal" playing. I am ready to kick back and hopefully just let things flow for awhile
    Shut up. You are not. You're a tactician and a chronic overthinker when it comes to pinball. You can no more start a game of pinball and just whack the ball around wherever it may go, than I'm able to refrain from looking at good looking, scantily clad women. LOL

Shut up. You are not. You're a tactician and a chronic overthinker when it comes to pinball. You can no more start a game of pinball and just whack the ball around wherever it may go, than I'm able to refrain from looking at good looking, scantily clad women. LOL
    I'm a tactician and a chronic overthinker when it comes to good looking, scantily clad women, too.

I'm a tactician and a chronic overthinker when it comes to good looking, scantily clad women, too.
    LMAO You too, eh?

How about a Playboy or Hustler table? Talk about multi-ball. LOL Maybe light up "JUGS" for the kickbacks? LOL

This is all your fault. I'm just sayin' it now.

There are three missions I go out of my way NOT to activate, however. The Dive mission blows. having to hit the center, then hit an orbit before the lamps die out just isn't my bag. I also absolutely positively NEVER go out of my way to dick around with the Kraken. That is a serious waste of time. What's that mofo pay out if you actually take him down anyway? The last thing I don't go out of my way to activate is the Mine Probe multiball. If I get to the point where I need it for wizard mode, I will. But I'll already have to have beaten the Dive mission to bother.

Still...can someone please explain to me what it means when Escape is lit on the bottom left? I am absolutely CLUELESS about how to use the left plunger, or how to hit anything when I actually get to use it (which has been like, 3 times in a year). I'm positive I can get really good scores on this if I ever get ANY kind of multiplier. A video showing how to do this would be awesome.

Ok first off yes the dive mission is not fun but if you go more than 30 Meters you light free ball so...theres that..

Kraken fury (or whatever it's called) is not a mission it's a punishment. The reward for taking him down is ending the mode.

Escape. This is to avoid Kraken fury. After hitting the left ramp a few times (IDK 5-6 maby) escape will light. (escape route revealed) The next time you hit that ramp, as the ball is coming up to the escape route (right where the light is at) hit the A button. This will divert the ball from the left ramp to the right saucer thing and you get 100K points and reset the kraken fury punishment mission.

left plunger- You have to hit those little sea creatures on the right first, then the targets kind of pop in and out. You hit one of the moving targets and it "Activates" the left plunger. I have yet to find to find a reliable way to get the ball to the left plunger, you basicly have to drain down the left far outlane. Then it's a total crapshoot IMO to launch the ball horizontally acros the table and hit the correct sea creature (the one thats lit) to up the multiplier. I never do this....

Sotd seems to be one of the few tables with punishment missions and it really bothers me. I consider Rome to do this as well... The janus head mission - it rewards points I guess but everything else is turned off while it's active. Also pasha and "The carvan is under attack"...who cares let them die, I just want to steal pasha's lamp and get some treasure while I'm at it. Mabey kill a giant snake and make some boots.

Whats you're GT now BTW? OMGITSHUGE is unactive, I mssged cloda to find out also but if you read this first PM me.
    Last edited by Logic_FTW; 07-11-2011 at 06:38 PM.

LMAO You too, eh?

How about a Playboy or Hustler table? Talk about multi-ball. LOL Maybe light up "JUGS" for the kickbacks? LOL

blue balls multiball?

blue balls multiball?
    LMAO

BTW, I sent you a PM with my GT. I'm an idiot. I forgot there are spaces in there.

Also...thanks for the info on the Kraken! Usually I just trap the ball and wait for the mode to time out. I wish preventing an invasion in ED was as simple.

LMAO You too, eh?

Wouldn't they be called Bouncebacks rather than kickbacks

Once I quit talking to Uranus, I was able to beat wizard mode on Pasha last night and get that cheevo. So, two birds with one stone (Wiz and Achievment).

Updated the scores on my earlier post (http://forum.zenstudios.com/showpost...1&postcount=95)

I improved on a few scores this week. Glad I did because Cloda is closing in on my Superscore. He also beat my Rome score this week

Oh, I just want to note I have totally lost my groove on the Bandits Mini-game. I went 1/10 on beating that stupid thing when going for wizard mode...and it didn't get any better the more I played I guess I will keep plugging at it until I get that silly beat all the bandits cheevo. It downright embarrassing that I have not gotten that one. It is the only Non-Wizard Cheevo I have not gotten...Oh, wait, there is that Spiderman/Doc Ock one. All of Uranus's talk of other tables made it hard to focus on playing Pasha, which I need to do to up my score on it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn74 View Post
    One of my mates got a score of 520M on this table and he was only playing for 6-7mins. Something to do with multipliers, or being blessed, and completing Romulus mulitball (Only once though). How did he get that score? Glitch or luck or what?
    I recently took on Rome again, fully with the intention of playing through the campaign and completing the Wizard mode. I have achieved it once after obsessing over the table for about a month solid. My high score was 132 million and I was pretty chaffed with it.... that effort also kicked off my confidence on other tables and I'm still making steady progress.

Yesterday, by chance I activated the Romulus multiball and low and behold before I knew it I had 88 million... it was such a surprise that I completely tensed up and buggered up the rest of the game (I knew about it, but have never been able to complete it). I then decided that I must give it a shot to see if I can get it again... before I knew it I had completed it twice more and my new score is now 150million+ and that's unfortunately it for me ever playing the table properly again... I'll most probably try from time to time to increase my score by doing the Romulus Multiball but it just don't feel worth it to go through the considerable effort and patience required again to get to the Wizard mode if you can double your score in a couple of minutes through another means.

Once I quit talking to Uranus, I was able to beat wizard mode on Pasha last night and get that cheevo. So, two birds with one stone (Wiz and Achievment).
    Oh. I see. So...you told me you had to call it a night, stayed up playing pinball, and just...turned your online status to invisible???

I'm crushed. </3

Oh, I just want to note I have totally lost my groove on the Bandits Mini-game. I went 1/10 on beating that stupid thing when going for wizard mode...and it didn't get any better the more I played I guess I will keep plugging at it until I get that silly beat all the bandits cheevo. It downright embarrassing that I have not gotten that one. It is the only Non-Wizard Cheevo I have not gotten...Oh, wait, there is that Spiderman/Doc Ock one. All of Uranus's talk of other tables made it hard to focus on playing Pasha, which I need to do to up my score on it LOL
    Stop blaming me for your ineptitude, *****. I can't help it that you can't do something as simple as talk, and keep a pinball alive. Talk about downright embarrassing.

Stop blaming me for your ineptitude, *****. I can't help it that you can't do something as simple as talk, and keep a pinball alive. Talk about downright embarrassing.
    You should have seen it the other day, I tried to walk and chew bubblegum. Oh, the Horror!

You should have seen it the other day, I tried to walk and chew bubblegum. Oh, the Horror!
    No kidding. You can barely do either one. Ambitious cuss.

Sat down tonight with the goal to get the Spiderman Clever Fighter Achievement. Must say that was challenging! Laughed at myself for being ticked for setting off other missions over and over. So, decided to add AAA to my table list for All Achievements Acquired

Sat down tonight with the goal to get the Spiderman Clever Fighter Achievement. Must say that was challenging! Laughed at myself for being ticked for setting off other missions over and over. So, decided to add AAA to my table list for All Achievements Acquired
    Well done rapierdwit... I take my hat of for your for beating 100mil on all the tables.... that is something I am pretty sure I'm never going to achieve. I'm confident that you will be able to get all the remaining achievements if you set your mind to it... I see you left yourself a few difficult ones (Ultimo, Dracula and Rome!!!) but you have done some other difficult ones already e.g. Ancient Martian map. Strange to see that you have not been awarded the Defeating the Guards mini-game achievement in Pasha even though you have completed all the tales in Pasha... I guess you have to do it outside of the Storybook mode.

I'll see if I can also go for it this weekend, I only have a few ones left; Speed Machine - Rampage, Earth Defence - Decorated Veteran and Rocky and Bullwinkle - Counterfeit Box Tops. I think the last one is going to give me the most problems because I really don't like the table and you have to finish it (no 10 friends to beat short-cut). The other two I'll just plug away as I would like to beat both table's Wizard modes - I might get both achievements before that though because if you beat 10 friends you also get it.

I'm also closing in on your Superscore.. but alas... since the announcement of the latest tournament that is suddenly not really going to mean anything any more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Strange to see that you have not been awarded the Defeating the Guards mini-game achievement in Pasha even though you have completed all the tales in Pasha... I guess you have to do it outside of the Storybook mode.

I'll see if I can also go for it this weekend, I only have a few ones left; Speed Machine - Rampage, Earth Defence - Decorated Veteran and Rocky and Bullwinkle - Counterfeit Box Tops.
    As for as I know, the Guards achievement is for defeating ALL the guards while doing the mini-game, not just beating the mini-game (which I have done dozens of times). So, instead of just trying to beat the minigame (clearing a path and hitting the ball out the top), I need to clear every guard on the playfield. I will prolly stick with Pasha until I get this one done. I usually play 2-3 hours at a time three times a week, so goodness knows when I will get back to the game.

Yea, the first two achievements shouldn't take you any time at all, Either the "proper" way or via beating 10 scores. Rampage is just a super combo, Decorated Veteran is more likely gotten via beating ten scores. The Rocky and Bullwinkle one is really for simply beating one Mission, the Boris and Natasha one. Not "Easy" by any means but it's not a Wizard Achievement. You have most of the hard ones out of the way, these should be CAKE (Oh, look a Rocky and Bullwinkle joke!).

Here is a link to my post on how to beat Boris & Natasha on R&B(http://forum.zenstudios.com/showpost...8&postcount=15)

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
    Here is a link to my post on how to beat Boris & Natasha on R&B(http://forum.zenstudios.com/showpost...8&postcount=15)
    Thanks!!! The less time I have to spend on this table the better.

As for as I know, the Guards achievement is for defeating ALL the guards while doing the mini-game, not just beating the mini-game (which I have done dozens of times). So, instead of just trying to beat the minigame (clearing a path and hitting the ball out the top), I need to clear every guard on the playfield. I will prolly stick with Pasha until I get this one done. I usually play 2-3 hours at a time three times a week, so goodness knows when I will get back to the game.

Yea, the first two achievements shouldn't take you any time at all, Either the "proper" way or via beating 10 scores. Rampage is just a super combo, Decorated Veteran is more likely gotten via beating ten scores. The Rocky and Bullwinkle one is really for simply beating one Mission, the Boris and Natasha one. Not "Easy" by any means but it's not a Wizard Achievement. You have most of the hard ones out of the way, these should be CAKE (Oh, look a Rocky and Bullwinkle joke!).
    Yes... sorry, forgot that you had to get all of the guards. Good luck with that.

PS: I have been able with Indy's advice to the get the Boris and Natasha achievement and I got the Speed Machine Achievement as well. Now I just need the Earth Defense achievement!!!
    Last edited by Cloda; 07-15-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added PS

Congrats on getting the first two! I wish they would let you pick which of the two target goals you wish to try for on the achievement (10 people beat OR wizard mode). Oh well ten people is usually a heck of a lot easier

Congrats on getting the first two! I wish they would let you pick which of the two target goals you wish to try for on the achievement (10 people beat OR wizard mode). Oh well ten people is usually a heck of a lot easier
    Got Earth Defence as well so now I'm done with the achievements I wish that as well... I wouldn't even mind if Zen resets all the achievements that had the 10 times friends criteria. For both Speed Machine and Earth Defence... without me even knowing what it is actually calculated on I got the achievement. I can just assume that it is for beating 10 friends highest score during that game... I always though I had to beat 10 friends that are higher than my high score because on neither of the tables I got close to it during this attempt. Ah well... its done.... I wish though Ultimo was my last achievement because I really had to suffer to get that one

Finally got the "All Guards Defeated" Achievement. Now, I just have to quit trying to hit them all, which, by the way, gives you 2 million points. Honestly, I think the Guard Mission hampers this table from being better.

I currently have a few goals on PBFX2:
    1 - Score 100m+ on every table
    2 - Score/rank in the top 100 on every table.
    3 - Superscore above 10000 points.
    4 - Get to Wizard Mode on a table (denoted by 1 *)
    5 - Defeat Wizard Mode on a table (denoted by 2 **)

Here is my progress to date: (7/27/11 - improved on Buccaneer, Pasha, R&B)

Score (Rank) - Table
    ----------------------
    633m (37) - Wolverine**
    2,511m (30) - Spiderman**
    121m (39) - Iron Man**
    486m (34) - Blade**
    734m (58) - Mars**
    592m (101) - Fantastic Four** (no scoring glitch)
    486m (53) - Captain America**
    257m (151) - Secrets of the Deep
    277m (77) - Biolab**
    307m (65) - Pasha**
    156m (134) - Rome**
    94m (89) - Speed Machine**
    37m (101) - Extreme**
    195m (16) - Agents**
    319m (03) - Buccaneer**
    365m (17) - Rocky & Bullwinkle** (took advantage of 'stuck' multi-ball)
    215m (79) - Earth Defense
    234m (38) - Excalibur
    321m (30) - Nightmare Mansion**
    209m (44) - Street Fighter II*

9109 (39) - Superscore

----------

I'm pretty close on my scoring goals with the exception of Extreme. I really haven't figured out a good way to score big points on this table.

It should be noted that on some tables (Iron Man, Speed Machine, Agents, Buccaneer, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Extreme), that a score of 100m+ should guarantee a good ranking.

As far as Wizard Modes go, I've been focusing on R&B. I finally beat the first 4 missions, but am now stuck at the Rocky & Bullwinkle mission. I have no idea how to finish it.
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 08-10-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Completed Wizard Mode on R&B and Rome!!!

I really need a focused static goal >.<...

I am bouncing around the tables at the moment trying to find one I feel like grinding for a little while but none of them are overly grabbing me.

I am back into the game however. I might set a static goal of 30mil as a start and try to get my weaker tables up to at least that. That would mean I have:

Blade 14k
    Wolverine 24k
    SotD 16k
    Rome 12k
    Biolab 28k
    Excalibur 14k

(this is for PBFX2 tables and ones released since then - the older ones I like to mess about on from time to time; but rarely play with any seriousness).

Wish I was better - I play a fair bit but just don't seem to improve >.<

I currently have a few goals on PBFX2:
    1 - Score over 100m on every table (Need Extreme)
    2 - Score over 1 billion on Earth Defense. (Scores over 1 billion)
    3 - Rank top 100 on every table. (Rank top 25)
    4 - Get to Wizard Mode on a table (denoted by 1 *)
    5 - Defeat Wizard Mode on a table (denoted by 2 **)

Pinball FX2 Tables
    Here is my progress to date: (Dec 18, 2012)

Score (Rank) - Table
    ----------------------
    -5334m (10) - Wolverine**
    -5221m (52) - Spiderman**
    ...233m (14) - Iron Man**
    ...540m (44) - Blade**
    -1024m (39) - Mars**
    28622m (38) - Paranormal** (28 billion)
    ...796m (161) - Fantastic Four** (no scoring glitch)
    -1806m (11) - Captain America**
    -1745m (71) - Ms. Splosion Man**
    -2675m (31) - Sorcerer's Lair**
    -4942m (23) - Epic Quest**
    -1742m (20) - Thor**
    ...414m (58) - Moon Knight**
    -3411m (28) - Ghost Rider**
    -1262m (11) - X-Men**
    -3084m (16) - Marvel's The Avengers**
    -2122m (07) - Fear Itself**
    ...922m (20) - The Infinity Gauntlet**
    -1881m (17) - World War Hulk**
    ...792m (62) - Plants VS. Zombies**
    -1787m (12) - Civil War**
    -0000m (xx) - Shaman
    -0000m (xx) - El Dorado
    -0000m (xx) - Tesla
    -0000m (xx) - V12
    -2022m (15) - Secrets of the Deep (best - DE*P - failed Probe multi-ball)
    ...679m (33) - Biolab**
    -1234m (22) - Pasha**
    ...341m (72) - Rome**
    ...148m (32) - Speed Machine**
    .---63m (71) - Extreme**
    ...296m (14) - Agents**
    ...319m (06) - Buccaneer**
    ...535m (10) - Rocky & Bullwinkle** (took advantage of 'stuck' multi-ball)
    ...989m (06) - Earth Defense (best - 9/10 medals - failed Salvation - 6 of 10 civilians)
    ..-619m (14) - Excalibur (best - 4/5 knights)
    -1404m (07) - Nightmare Mansion**
    ...499m (11) - Street Fighter II* (failed M. Bison 2x in one game)

84,462 (40) - Superscore (34 of 38 tables)
    4,942 - Best Tournament Score (Epic Quest)

----------

Pinball FX1 Tables
    Here is my progress to date: (Aug 15, 2012)

Score (Rank) - Table
    ----------------------
    -1825m (0687) - Speed Machine**
    -0493m (0356) - Extreme**
    -2114m (0290) - Agents**
    -0626m (1783) - Buccaneer**
    -0127m (0140) - Nightmare Mansion
    -8321m (0074) - Rocky & Bullwinkle**
    -0063m (0033) - Excalibur

----------

Pinball Arcade
    Here is my progress to date: (Oct 07, 2012)

Score (Rank) - Table
    ----------------------
    -0071m (0271) - Fun House
    -0140m (0542) - Tales of the Arabian Nights
    -0265m (0267) - Medieval Madness
    -1056m (1174) - Bride of Pinbot
    -0318m (0191) - Ripley's Believe It or Not!
    -0001m (0553) - Black Hole (1,803,860)
    -6208m (0283) - Theatre of Magic
    -0080m (0516) - Cirqus Voltaire
    -1826m (0121) - Monster Bash
    -0000m (0283) - Gorgar (874,560)
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 12-19-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: updating score(s)

I know in some instances, the easiest way to achieve a high score isn't necessarily completing all of the missions. It's finding the highest scoring segment of the table and beating it to death with a ball-peen hammer.
    I hate this. Some of the tables could definitely use more balance between the mode rewards, combos, and mutli-ball jackpots.

100m+ on all tables is certainly impressive.
    Last edited by Big White Mint; 08-17-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Sorry, have not been on in awhile, have not had any time to play really. I put a few Spiderman scores up for the tourney and that was about it. However, thanks to StevieJ, we do have a definitive list of Wizard Modes for all the Zen Tables!

Confirmed to have Wizard Mode:

Wolverine
    Spiderman
    Iron Man
    Blade
    Mars
    Fantastic Four
    Captain America
    Secrets of the Deep
    Biolab
    Pasha
    Speed Machine
    Agents
    Buccaneer
    Nightmare Mansion
    Street Fighter II
    Earth Defense (A fight against the giant robot is the last mission - No More Robots)
    Excalibur (100m reward for beating all the knight missions)

Confirmed to NOT have Wizard Mode/Frenzy Mode:
    Extreme
    Rocky & Bullwinkle (Rocky and Bullwinkle mission is the Wizard Mode)

1st Game, 1st Ball, have not read the rule sheet, broke 100m, all Achievements achieved before the end of the game. So, errr, umm, Done!
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 09-01-2011 at 04:37 AM.

I was over 100M on Mars too inside of my first hour playing, but Mars as a whole was much more difficult for me. I don't care about my score on this though, this table is pure entertainment. This was the kind of offering I've been looking for when CA and F4 came out.

A score of 100 million is a nice round number and a good starting goal for Pinball FX2 players. On some tables 100 million can be reached in a few minutes, while others might take several hours. So where does a score of 100 million rank as of Oct 5, 2011?

Here is the list (of the first score above 100 million):

Score (Rank) - Table
    ----------------------
    100,012,100 (1173) - Wolverine
    100,000,702 (6736) - Spiderman
    101,167,746 (0092) - Iron Man
    100,150,400 (0310) - Blade
    100,000,000 (4751) - Mars
    100,002,000 (2947) - Fantastic Four
    100,009,863 (3115) - Captain America
    100,001,003 (7280) - Ms. Splosion Man
    100,120,040 (3003) - Sorcerer's Lair (added score 10/25/2011)
    100,072,800 (1090) - Secrets of the Deep
    100,031,004 (1084) - Biolab
    100,001,000 (1291) - Pasha
    100,025,500 (0739) - Rome
    100,664,905 (0081) - Speed Machine
    100,604,300 (0031) - Extreme
    100,004,443 (0180) - Agents
    100,343,901 (0069) - Buccaneer
    100,329,000 (0167) - Rocky & Bullwinkle
    100,022,549 (1084) - Earth Defense
    100,003,500 (0306) - Excalibur
    100,071,800 (0488) - Nightmare Mansion
    100,059,589 (0418) - Street Fighter II

----------

The same numbers and statistics can be used to argue both sides of a point. I have highlighted the rank on Buccaneer, Extreme, Rome, & Speed Machine. A score of 100 million on those tables will rank in the top 100. Some might argue that those tables have lower scores because they aren't played as often as the newer tables. Others might say that it takes longer/is harder to get big scores on those tables. Both arguments might be true.

What is obvious from this chart is that many more players can score over 100 million on tables such as Ms. Splosion Man/Spiderman.

PS: Did the person who got 100 million exactly on Mars plan to get that score (tilt to null out EOBB) or was it coincidental?
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 10-25-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Formating

ranked 400 on Nightmare Mansion.. 108 million. Only highlight.

Sorcerer's Lair is done. Took longer than Ms. 'Splosion

Sorcerer's Lair is done. Took longer than Ms. 'Splosion
    Can't say for sure, but i believe the challenge for your goal is over, after Extreme and( maybe ) iron man. From now on i guess it will be way too easy to get 100 mil... Is it time for a new goal?

The average player could have 2 scoring goals for Pinball FX2 at this point - 100 million for many of the tables
    - 1 billion for some of the newer tables

The average player could have 2 scoring goals for Pinball FX2 at this point - 100 million for many of the tables
    - 1 billion for some of the newer tables
    Very True. However, my PBFX2 time has been completely reduced. I have managed to play two full games of Ms. 'SplosionMan since it came out (and still well worth the price!). Good news is that I got in 4 full games of SL! Double my pinball time in one day LOL.

Updated scores.

Agents: 46M
    Biolab: 220M
    Blade: 36M
    Buccaneer: 68M
    Captain America: 211M
    Earth Defense: 130M
    Excalibur: 127M
    Extreme: 12M
    Fantastic Four: 176M
    Iron Man: 86M
    Mars: 177M
    Ms Spolsion Man: 553M
    Nightmare Mansion: 57M
    Pasha: 185M
    Rocky & Bullwinkle: 27M
    Rome: 101M
    Secrets of the Deep: 177M
    Socerer's Lair: 2,232M
    Speed Machine: 36M
    Spider-man: 3,186M
    Streetfighter II: 43M
    Wolverine: 278M

Looks like I need to put some time into the older tables, Blade and Iron Man. Damn, I find these tables somewhat frustrating.
    Last edited by Flynn74; 10-30-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: updated scores

My personal goal was to get all the achievements and i finally did. Now i have 2 goals: be in the top 50 in the tables i like ( i simply can't make myself play tables like rome, R&B and the classic pack...i already did it for the cheevos and it's enough...for now, at least)and want to be the first on every table in the italian pinball forum i'm part of. Since we are mostly average players,i think the second won't be too hard...

Yes, my goal is a bit outdated but at least it took me a bit to break 100m on Paranormal. Tons of stuff to do on the table and you can't zone out, takes a bit of thinking (and lots of nudging) at all times.

Made some progress on my personal best scores and updated my earlier post. I'm really tempted to start a new thread called - Personal Goal - 1 billion on as many tables as possible

I finally thought of a personal goal. Since I've been locked down playing Spiderman for 3 weeks, I'd like to hit 5 billion. I know its not that hard for some, but for some reason I often suffer from a lapse of concentration during the wizard mode and make some stupid mistake, and don't get as many points as it seems I should have gotten. I get so Pissed.
    Do you guys initiate clone chaos or just stick with one ball and hit orbits?
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Made some progress on my personal best scores and updated my earlier post. I'm really tempted to start a new thread called - Personal Goal - 1 billion on as many tables as possible

Well, if it is your personal goal, I would say go for it

Hope you're going to leave Extreme out of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Bababooeyville View Post
    Do you guys initiate clone chaos or just stick with one ball and hit orbits?
    Personally, when i was playing Spiderman, I'd just stick with the one ball and hit the left orbit if the ball's on the right flipper. If the ball's on the left flipper, I'd hit the Goblin ramp, then catch the ball with the right flipper, setting up a left orbit shot. I always found the right orbit risky to hit, so I avoided it.

After grinding the orbits for awhile, my mind drifts and i miss a shot. Probably why i dont play Spidy much anymore.
    Last edited by SwitchBlade; 11-23-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
    Personally, when i was playing Spiderman, I'd just stick with the one ball and hit the left orbit if the ball's on the right flipper. If the ball's on the left flipper, I'd hit the Goblin ramp, then catch the ball with the right flipper, setting up a left orbit shot. I always found the right orbit risky to hit, so I avoided it.

After grinding the orbits for awhile, my mind drifts and i miss a shot. Probably why i dont play Spidy much anymore.
    Yeah that's exactly what I do, the right orbit is so much harder to hit consistently, though after grinding JJ, I can hit it fairly well. But there's always a chance of it trickling into the right outlane. I got 1.5 billion(approximate, can't remember the actual score) today was like the 113 score!
    ouch not even top 100.
    I'm gonna grind GG tomorrow, as I hit that ramp quite often. I just hate when there's 2 bombs. I always F up. And of course my JJ villain score could use a boost as well.
    Everytime I say I'm just gonna grind for villain scores I always just end up playing normally. I guess I'm impatient.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuprichy View Post
    Hope you're going to leave Extreme out of this...

I tried improving my Extreme score this week, but choked with around 1 million to go. After playing for about 2 hours and 7 balls, I could only score 63 million. Eventually I will get 100 million on that table.

I tried improving my Extreme score this week, but choked with around 1 million to go. After playing for about 2 hours and 7 balls, I could only score 63 million. Eventually I will get 100 million on that table.
    I'm sure you will. Mine was just a little joke about the "billion thing" which is impossible to get here...without the stuck ball glitch,i mean, and without leaving the xbox on for a couple of days.

Finally managed to get over 100 million all the new tables. Still need to improve my ranks. How is everyone else doing?

Finally managed to get over 100 million all the new tables. Still need to improve my ranks. How is everyone else doing?
    I plan on buying vengeance and virtue soon

Interesting goal. I am in.
    My Guides: Nightmare Mansion

XBL Gamertag - XLiverslapperX

Quote Originally Posted by Liverslapper View Post
    Interesting goal. I am in.
    Actually,as i said before, it was a challenge with the older tables.Now achieving a billion is easy enough in most of the tables. In the V&V pack requires some effort with 2 tables, but a billion in GR and Thor is surely not much... I'm not for a static goal, i'd say a nice one is being in he top 20 of the leaderboards in each table...but you have to check often, since after a while you may have dropped down!
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

I plan on buying vengeance and virtue soon
    After walking away from FX2 for a loooong time (I went OCD on Gears 3 Insane Horde Mode), I started playing the newer tables last week (I said I walked away, doesn't mean I didn't buy all the tables ). So, once I settle on a new table to play, I will prolly update this tread with my normal static goal. It gives me a jumping on spot and will let me gauge how long it takes me to get my "chops" back. Not sure if I will ever get to that "zen" place I was when I went after the tables the first time around.

Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thank you Barbie! I started with Epic Quest and, while breaking 100m, I was still one battle away from getting Wizard Mode. Still, it is a nice "Reintro" into the last few tables, not too complex and easy enough to follow.

Edit : Reached Wizard Mode a few times now, now just need to beat it LOL
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 05-17-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Banged around on Epic Quest a bit more and then played X-men. I *think* I like the table, broke 100m on it (115m) looks like it will be a patience table, we will have to see.

228m on Moon Knight, I got stuck on the Wizard Mode with no clue why I was failing, guess I will have to look into that

228m on Moon Knight, I got stuck on the Wizard Mode with no clue why I was failing, guess I will have to look into that
    Chances are, you are failing where you have to get the ball into the side mission hole about 5 times. It's a tad tricky, but I have good luck with the right flipper on that shot. Refer to ShoryukenToTheChin's Guide if you need more help:

http://marvelpinball.com/table_guide...nToTheChin.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Chances are, you are failing where you have to get the ball into the side mission hole about 5 times. It's a tad tricky, but I have good luck with the right flipper on that shot.
    4 times actually! The shot can be a bit tricky, but I figured out a trick shot. It's very hard to explain it in text though. If I ever get a digital recorder, I'll definitely make a video of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    4 times actually! The shot can be a bit tricky, but I figured out a trick shot. It's very hard to explain it in text though. If I ever get a digital recorder, I'll definitely make a video of it.
    Ah, thanks for the correction. NOW GET THAT RECORDER

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Chances are, you are failing where you have to get the ball into the side mission hole about 5 times. It's a tad tricky, but I have good luck with the right flipper on that shot.
    Yes, that was the part I was stuck on, it seemed like I needed to hit the Side Mission hole a ton of times! I try to avoid guides until I have a fair grasp of the table and, honestly, I was using Moon Knight to warm up to continue my Epic Quest game I had saved...kind of backfired because I was burnt out after a couple of hours on Moon Knight. You know it is a bad sign when you lose your last ball on Epic Quest and are like" Thank Goodness, I was getting tired of that!" LOL (682m). I do really like Moon Knight now, I am glad it lacks the fatal flaws of the other tables by the same designer (Blade, Biolab), both tables that I love in general but hate one specific part of it.

Welcome to the Billionaires Club. Guess I might still have some chops after all, broke a billion on Epic Quest today, think I will keep at this table until I hit Level 100 (OCD and all that), think I just hit 50 level wise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast