Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 201 to 216 of 216

Thread: Personal Goal - 100m on every table=Doable?

  1. #201
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Welcome to the Billionaires Club. Guess I might still have some chops after all, broke a billion on Epic Quest today, think I will keep at this table until I hit Level 100 (OCD and all that), think I just hit 50 level wise.
    Congrats!

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks! Say what you will about tables like Spiderman or Epic Quest with a carry over "Leveling system" but they do give you that much sought after replay incentive. Without the knowledge that the Jackpots and Super Jackpots will be slowly increasing as I level up, I would be "done" with this table and have moved on. I was checking my number of plays on some of the other tables recently released (Paranormal, Sorcerers Lair, Ms. Spolsion) and I have less that 5 complete games of each but, I moved on from them because I hit my "goal" and received all of the Achievements. Yes, more than likely I will go back to them but it will be with another personal goal (Prolly try to break a Billion.)

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    In an effort to see if SuperScore is indeed working correctly (which it seems to be), I played Ghost Rider and managed to break 100m (236m), so only Thor currently remains on my 100m list. Prolly go back to Epic Quest and try to reach level 100 before moving on to Thor.

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Well, I was having a horrible pinball day, missing all of my shots and blew a one billion(ball 1b) save on Epic Quest by not even breaking 1.3 billion, so I figured, screw it, I will play a table I don't even know the shots on so I won't feel bad missing them. I reached (and, of course, lost to) Loki on Thor and Broke 100m (151m). So, just in time for the new tables, I have at least 100m on every table.
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 06-17-2012 at 06:25 PM.

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Jumping around from table to table on the new Avengers Chronicles pack but managed to break 100m on World War Hulk and Infinity Gauntlet and reached the Thanos Frenzy Mode of IG. Took me a bit to get everything to click on Infinity Gauntlet but now I must say it really is fun, gotta love the stackable multiball modes! Edit - Also Broke 100m on Avengers, the less said about that table the better.
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 06-24-2012 at 10:16 PM.

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Took a break from the new tables to make another run at Moon Knight and Beat the Wizard Mode and reached it a second time (draining on the "main" multiball part of the mode almost at once LOL).

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    P vs. Z is interesting! It seems the easiest to get 100m on but a challenge to break 1b. Top 4500 for 100m and Top 12 for 1b. Cool balance!

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Well, whoever said that Plant vs. Zombies spits out the Ice/Fire ball you "need" in the Final Showdown is mistaken LOL. I never had the game out anything besides the ball type I had just lost. I always have to manually change type. I reached the final showdown at least a half dozen times, reaching the final shot twice only to fail. Found it rather annoying and fired up Fear Itself instead and broke 100m on it. So, all current tables have been conquered.

  9. #209
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Well, whoever said that Plant vs. Zombies spits out the Ice/Fire ball you "need" in the Final Showdown is mistaken LOL.
    Then can you please explain to me how I did it then?

    I didn't hit the flowerpot once in the wizard mode and I still beat the wizard mode. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I'm not the only one that has experienced this (a few members backed up my claim) and I have experienced this more than once now. Perhaps it occurs if you don't buy anything from Crazy Dave's store, because that's when they occurred for me. Recently, I've been taking advantage of the double scoring and I've notice that the plant will no longer spit out the correct ball.
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-27-2012 at 09:13 PM.

  10. #210
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Yeah, it happened to me to when I beat the wizard mode for the first time. It does shoot out both types.

  11. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Then can you please explain to me how I did it then?

    I didn't hit the flowerpot once in the wizard mode and I still beat the wizard mode.
    Were you playing on PS3? (I am playing on Xbox360) Just asking because you have the PS3 link in your sig? How about you Snakeman07? It could be another Xbox exclusive glitch like the multiplier glitch?
    I am just saying it has never happened to me, and I have had the Fireball "walk" right in from of the Plant spitting out the new ball and have had 3 or 4 balls in a row, always the same color (Fireball), hit and be evaporated by the Fireball. I could see a run of bad luck but I have NEVER had a different ball shoot out in all my games.

  12. #212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I play on the Xbox 360 and I've had it work both ways. Sometimes it spits out the ball I need and sometimes it spits out the same ball I already had. I have no idea what causes it.

  13. #213
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Were you playing on PS3? (I am playing on Xbox360) Just asking because you have the PS3 link in your sig? How about you Snakeman07? It could be another Xbox exclusive glitch like the multiplier glitch?
    I am just saying it has never happened to me, and I have had the Fireball "walk" right in from of the Plant spitting out the new ball and have had 3 or 4 balls in a row, always the same color (Fireball), hit and be evaporated by the Fireball. I could see a run of bad luck but I have NEVER had a different ball shoot out in all my games.
    I play on the PS3, but STTC confirmed it on the Xbox 360. He said it happened to him about 50% of the time in one game. We are trying to figure out what triggers it. I think it's triggered if you don't buy anything from Crazy Dave's (or whatever its called). The two times it happened to me, I didn't once shopped at his place/car.

  14. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I play on the PS3, but STTC confirmed it on the Xbox 360. He said it happened to him about 50% of the time in one game. We are trying to figure out what triggers it. I think it's triggered if you don't buy anything from Crazy Dave's (or whatever its called). The two times it happened to me, I didn't once shopped at his place/car.
    Ah, Okay. Thanks for clearing that up I still have to wonder if it is intentional or a glitch? Maybe a planned bump in difficulty for getting the Gatling Pea power-up for double scores? I think I will avoid Crazy Dave next time and see how it works out. Thanks for the info!

  15. #215
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    I still have to wonder if it is intentional or a glitch? Maybe a planned bump in difficulty for getting the Gatling Pea power-up for double scores?
    I want to believe that it is intentional, since the game increases the difficulty over time on everything else. It wouldn't surprise me if it dumbed down the difficulty, if people are having trouble with the table.

  16. #216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I want to believe that it is intentional, since the game increases the difficulty over time on everything else. It wouldn't surprise me if it dumbed down the difficulty, if people are having trouble with the table.
    Went thru a game without doing Crazy Dave and, yes, I was able to get different ball types on the final boss (and beat Wizard Mode rather easily). It was, however, a bit disappointing since I wasn't able to beat my previous score. 520m (Had a second boss primed when I drained the last ball) but my previous best was 540m with using the gatling pea and various other Crazy Dave stuff. Reminds me of Nightmare Mansion where your best scoring bet is to just avoid the Missions/Wizard Mode.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •