Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX2 MARS Table

Talking Pinball FX2 MARS Table

Hello ZEN Studios Forum Members,

I am happy to confirm that MARS will be releasing for Pinball FX2 on April 20, 2011!!! We know it has been quite some time since a new table release, but we have been making important improvements to the overall infrastructure of Pinball FX2 so that it is a sustainable platform for a long time to come.

Starting this month, you can expect regular table releases, hopefully each month. You all have to understand that creating these tables is no walk in the park, even with all of the experience our studio has. We pledge to only release product when it is ready to go - with the right amount of polish and attention to detail.

Thanks for your patience through all of this. Currently, there are only 2 of us on the MARS leaderboard - suffice to say, life is lonely on MARS! We will be giving codes away to forum members before release. Feel free to add me to your friends list - crackervizzo.

Best,

Mel Kirk
    ZEN Studios
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent. Really looking forward to playing this.

Second time I'm buying this table then :P

Yay!!! I can't wait to give it a shot!
    Taking over The World, one E-bortion at a time.
    Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike: Yun, Ken, Hugo, Akuma
    Street Fighter II: Super Turbo: Fei Long, Ken, Ryu, Zangief, Balrog, Chun-Li
    Super Street Fighter 4: Abel, Akuma, Zangief, Balrog
    King of Fighters 2k2: Shermie, Ramon, Orochi Chris, Iori
    Guilty Gear Accent Core: Slayer
    Hokuto No Ken: Raoh stabs you in the toe and breaks your face.

Damn... looks like i am getting Mars first on the PS3 than 360. Since i get my PS3 on the 18th. =/ oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Damn... looks like i am getting Mars first on the PS3 than 360. Since i get my PS3 on the 18th. =/ oh well..
    Take it as training

I loved it on the PS3 but I like the triggers on the 360 controller better. I do like the sticks on the PS3 controller better though but it really doesn't matter in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Take it as training

I loved it on the PS3 but I like the triggers on the 360 controller better. I do like the sticks on the PS3 controller better though but it really doesn't matter in this game.
    The PS3 sticks are terrible for First person shoot em ups.

Mars was a boring table, for me. I got an xbox last week and was sad to hear that tables I have already on the PS3 will be the only new ones for now on the xbox. Would have hoped for just a brand new table altogether.

Default great!

New tables! Thank you so much.

MARS is just the first in the lineup for the year. I was in the studio last week, played 8 BRAND NEW tables (i.e. MARS and Paranormal do not count as new).

I promise you will be happy!

Mel

crackervizzo,

How will the code giveaway work for the forum members? Random code drop or PM?

Private message, and I have been sending them out in the last hour or so.

O.O

THANK YOU crackervizzo!

WOOHOO! time to have fun on MARS!

Great news

Hope to score an early code... if not, then on 4/20 Mars will be mine.

crackervizzo, I shot you a friend request.

Quote Originally Posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
    Great news

Hope to score an early code... if not, then on 4/20 Mars will be mine.

crackervizzo, I shot you a friend request.
    Are you sure you want to see "Conquests the ramps on Mars" a week before you get your hands on it?

Thumbs up Thankyou Zen

Thanks for the news crackervizzo, its great now its concrete.

I've been visting these forums since Marvel Pinball hoping for more tables and now... happy days.

Just wanted to finally join up and say a big thanks to Zen for creating an awesome pinball game (and great tables). Making the system easy to add more tables was a stroke of genious. Its a great way to spend hours on end trying to rack up a big score.

P.S Please don't jack up the prices like a lot of XBLA games these days because I'm sure there are heaps of people like me that want to collect them all.

I can't wait for April 20th! This is very good news! It's nice to have a date to look forward to finally! I would love to have a code if they aren't all gone
    Fools are among us...stupid people shouldn't breed

Awesome, very very excited. Thanks for the news update!!! Played Mars briefly on Zen Pinball on the PS3 excited to play it for Pinball FX2

I too would LOVE a code if possible, but just to play it now!!! I'd still like to buy the table to support ZEN.

Also you said 8 new tables, could you share how many of those 8 tables are licensed tables not ZEN originals, that are NOT Marvel licenses? I'd love to try and speculate if we're getting any real tables =)
    Last edited by gasfoodmurder; 04-11-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Oh boy I can't wait to start playing these new tables. I'd like a code for a table if possible but if not I'll try to scrape together some MS points in the next week or two. When shall we expect to hear about some of the other new tables coming out? Most of us are expecting Mars, Paranormal and Sorceror as well as the Captain America and Ghost Rider tables. Is there any info you can share about the other releases that are in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    MARS is just the first in the lineup for the year. I was in the studio last week, played 8 BRAND NEW tables (i.e. MARS and Paranormal do not count as new).

Mel
    This is awesome news!! I got the impression originally that the Mars and Paranormal tables where 2 of the 8 new tables. And i was excited enough about that. This just makes it even better but now makes me wonder what the additional 2 tables will be? Tho im sure they'll be great no matter what they are!

Awesome news ^_^ I look forward to it.

I look forward to giving MARS a real good thrashing, since I rarely game on my Blu Ray machine (aka PS3 :P).

Will happily rebuy MARS for the 360, but a code would be nice (hint hint LOL). It is also great news, with 8 tables in the pipelines. I'm sure I am not the only one here who'll buy all tables, as more pinball is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Canuck View Post
    I look forward to giving MARS a real good thrashing, since I rarely game on my Blu Ray machine (aka PS3 :P).

Will happily rebuy MARS for the 360, but a code would be nice (hint hint LOL). It is also great news, with 8 tables in the pipelines. I'm sure I am not the only one here who'll buy all tables, as more pinball is awesome
    From first word to last word i quote you cos i'm exactly feeling the same

And then the countdown started with 10 days (or is it 9.... please let it be 9) to go

Here is a link to a very decent guide for Mars for those of you that want to study up and prepare for the table before you actually lay your hands on it. Many thanks to Steviej:

http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?t=2471

Here is a second, more basic, guide (French originally), that have some images as well:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...1fOeWW8p4HCRyA

And here is a top-down image captured from the Zen pinball web-site
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cloda; 04-11-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added link and image

<james cameron>I am #2 in the world!</>

Big thanks to Mel and the Zen team for the opportunity to play this table early. I was going to buy it within picoseconds of release on XBLA, but it's great to see a company like Zen be so cool with its fans.

Played 1 game so far. Took 45 mins, got 117 million.

Instantly found the DMD very hard to read (it's a dark lilac on black), so changed it to lime green in the Operator's Menu. Much better!!

From what I've seen on YouTube, the PS3 version has (or had?) a Special Event appear every 300 secs, come what may (akin to Earth Defense's Invasion Mode.) Thankfully, the 360 version has it every 600 seconds, and it appears to be delayed if you're in some (all?) modes. There may be other changes.

The top of the right slingshot is a killer: hitting it is an almost automatic right outlane drain. Fortunately, lighting the kickbacks is very easy. (And your special little friend CyberSpider will do the kick-backing. It's pretty cute, even if he does get in the way at times.)

The hidden middle ramp shot is tricky. You need to hit the left loop (which is a reasonably easy shot), then the right upper flipper in to the ramp. Most shots seem to hit the sinkhole instead.

Ball saver is a random affair; appears to be activated for a short time when you hit 5 (?) ramp posts. Can't see myself deliberately targeting it.

Really liking the table. Love the theme, and there's lots to do. And I like the CyberSpider.

Thanks Zen. Love you long time.

no code in my inbox

going to have to wait till the 20th

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    <james cameron>I am #2 in the world!</>

Big thanks to Mel and the Zen team for the opportunity to play this table early. I was going to buy it within picoseconds of release on XBLA, but it's great to see a company like Zen be so cool with its fans.

Played 1 game so far. Took 45 mins, got 117 million.

Instantly found the DMD very hard to read (it's a dark lilac on black), so changed it to lime green in the Operator's Menu. Much better!!

From what I've seen on YouTube, the PS3 version has (or had?) a Special Event appear every 300 secs, come what may (akin to Earth Defense's Invasion Mode.) Thankfully, the 360 version has it every 600 seconds, and it appears to be delayed if you're in some (all?) modes. There may be other changes.

The top of the right slingshot is a killer: hitting it is an almost automatic right outlane drain. Fortunately, lighting the kickbacks is very easy. (And your special little friend CyberSpider will do the kick-backing. It's pretty cute, even if he does get in the way at times.)

The hidden middle ramp shot is tricky. You need to hit the left loop (which is a reasonably easy shot), then the right upper flipper in to the ramp. Most shots seem to hit the sinkhole instead.

Ball saver is a random affair; appears to be activated for a short time when you hit 5 (?) ramp posts. Can't see myself deliberately targeting it.

Really liking the table. Love the theme, and there's lots to do. And I like the CyberSpider.

Thanks Zen. Love you long time.
    Woah!!!! I only clicked now that the code is for playing the table straight away and not having to wait for the 20th. Thanks Mel and ZEN - really appreciate it!!!! Now I must just figure out how am I going to make it to the end of my workday!!!!

They give away codes to the best ppl just so we have to call in sick at work just to catch up?

Can't wait for these tables to start and release, Absolutely love this game. Normally lurking on pbfx2's xbox.com forum but saw a link posted to here. Good job guys

Would love to have a code, but if not then I'll be okay with it, but would be nice to not have to use my remaining MSP this time round.

Still, very nice of you guys to give stuff out free when you don't have to.

Glad to see new tables finally hit! I'll definitely pick this up day one!

Now that new tables are going to be released, I wonder if tournaments are going to start back up again. It's been a while...

Thanks for the news Mel! I can't wait to see what you guys cook up for the 8 new tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Would love to have a code, but if not then I'll be okay with it, but would be nice to not have to use my remaining MSP this time round.

Still, very nice of you guys to give stuff out free when you don't have to.
    Seriously? Like you have something better to spend your points on? LOL

And it is indeed awesome to see a company share the fruits of their labor on the house from time to time, with their hardcore fans.

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    Seriously? Like you have something better to spend your points on? LOL

And it is indeed awesome to see a company share the fruits of their labor on the house from time to time, with their hardcore fans.
    Yeah, the next two tables that come out after Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Yeah, the next two tables that come out after Mars
    Oh? Is that a slight on Zen?

"I can't spend my points on the Mars table, because I'm saving them for the ones after that."

You don't even know what the next tables ARE. I hope they come out with one that has one flipper, and a single ramp that's the width of your flatscreen. LOL

Thanks so much for new tables!

Awesome, I'm been jealous of that Mars table ever since it was put out on the PS3.

I'll take a code if there are any left! Thanks!

Just looked at some videos for this on Youtube. Looks like a cool table, really looking forward to it. Definite Day 1 purchase.

I love leaderboards before release, you can tell which reviewers actually play it

I am happy to confirm that MARS will be releasing for Pinball FX2 on April 20...
    Yay, my birthday! Sure would be nice to get a birthday present from Zen. (hint, hint).

But seriously, great to see a new release and I look forward to playing it!

Red face mixed emotions

that completely sucks... i thought it was coming out TOMORROW!!!

haha but seriously this is great! i obviously can't wait. 4/20... Mars... tweak-ville...

Thank you Mel ! My birthday is April 21, and your gift makes me very happy. Incredible to be able to play Mars more than 1 week before release !

Love you Zen !!

Thanks for the info, Mel.

Welcome to the forum.

You all have to understand that creating these tables is no walk in the park, even with all of the experience our studio has. We pledge to only release product when it is ready to go - with the right amount of polish and attention to detail.
    I'd much rather wait than play a buggy, unfinished version. The amount of polish on the FX2 and Marvel tables is more than evident.

Only nine more days until Mars!
    Last edited by blue; 04-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

I whole heartedly agree with you Blue. Getting a new table or seeing a new table on it's way towards a release is like Christmas morning for me, but I'd much rather wait to know that the table is as perfect as can be.

When Pinball FX1 came out I thought I was so happy and amazed, then came more tables, then came Zen Pinball on PS3, then Pinball FX2, for pinball junkies like us, it really doesn't get much better. For as a grown as a man as I am, I feel like a happy little kid

look awesome. loaded my xbox up with points ready.

Why did xbox.com post the achievements if the table doesn't come out til next week?

great news looking forward to adding ALL the new tables to my collection

Quote Originally Posted by Napes420 View Post
    Why did xbox.com post the achievements if the table doesn't come out til next week?
    They often do that, besides, reviewers and other people already have it.

Not to be hoity-toity but I did near 170 millions for my 1st Mars game, cool !

A new table coming!!? Cool roll on the 20th!

Awesome! I've lurked long enough I had to sign up for this.

Got to say hats off I've been a fan since FX1, keep em comin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Not to be hoity-toity but I did near 170 millions for my 1st Mars game, cool !
    Man, I thought I had a good first run (3'd game) of 160 mil. Pyramid main mission is driving me crazy already!!! Really love the table, flows very well and feels like all the missions are within reach even though I haven't been able to complete them yet... only a matter of time. If I can just get past that pesky Pyramid mission....

cant wait for this new table!!!

i was gonna get this on the PS3, but i've been having so many flipper lag problems, im thrilled to get in on the 360.

Awesome! Looking forward to this (and the other new) tables!

Default Friends

Need friends for my score. Right now I have only two who play.
    Tag: David070983

Default 2 different release dates

On Facebook you guys posted that the release of Mars would be April 20th but on the website it stands the 13th???Which one is it??I hope the 13th ofcourse.....

For sure, the pyramid mission is a killer. I just finished a game where I went for it straight away as quickly as possible (avoided any other missions) and I kid you not, I tried it 7 times, once even getting to where I could lock the balls, and eventually lost all my ball without finishing it (after about 45min). Beginning to feel like Ultimo on Ironman. Well, tomorrow I'll give it another shot.

At least I know I can get to that mission without any problems and getting a score of 100 million is automatic if you go through the different main missions.

I just finished up my second game and managed to finish the pyramid mission (after five tries!). Spelling M-A-R-S is a pain in the ass. Fortunately the pyramid ramp gets easier to hit with practice, and the mission can be restarted immediately after failing.

This is an awesome table that incorporates a variety of features from other Zen hits. The only downsides so far are a couple bugs with the sample crane and being forced to do missions. It's easy to get stuck if you're having trouble with specific shots.

Man, I can't wait to play this table! Watched some videos of the ps3 version and it looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I just finished up my second game and managed to finish the pyramid mission (after five tries!). Spelling M-A-R-S is a pain in the ass. Fortunately the pyramid ramp gets easier to hit with practice, and the mission can be restarted immediately after failing.

This is an awesome table that incorporates a variety of features from other Zen hits. The only downsides so far are a couple bugs with the sample crane and being forced to do missions. It's easy to get stuck if you're having trouble with specific shots.
    Well done!!! At least I know my multi-ball skills will improve if I keep on taking on that pyramid mission. One guys opinion on the Zen pinball forum (I think StevieJ) on this is that even though he prides himself on his skill and practice to beat a table, he had to admit that some luck is required to finish this pyramid mission. I hope my luck turns tomorrow or my skill levels increases stupendously

Really I had no idea what I was doing, just tried to hit as many blinking ramps as possible, but I need time to understand the table... The shuttle flying right towards your face is a very nice effect. The low-gravity multiball phases are quite strange !!

My wife and I can't bloody wait for this!

A well timed release, and it looks like a cracking table

This is so awesome. And I love to hear that the quality of the tables will not suffer from the close release times. Not that I was worried or anything

I really enjoy the table too. I share your sentiment on the forced mission progression. It didn't take too long before I realized that there certainly was nothing random about the mission structure. I will say this, it's going to be a VERY high scoring table. If someone like ME can post 60M on my first game, the sky's the limit for someone that can actually play pinball.

Really I had no idea what I was doing, just tried to hit as many blinking ramps as possible, but I need time to understand the table... The shuttle flying right towards your face is a very nice effect. The low-gravity multiball phases are quite strange !!
    That's pretty much what I've done, although I have yet to encounter a multiball sequence yet. I figured the mission where the shuttle was loading itself up with the balls you shoot into the targets was building towards a multiball, but I guess not.

I've found four different multiball modes thus far:

Zero-G (3) - Hit the slingshots 20 times.
    Pyramid (3) - Level up the pyramid, then begin the main mission.
    Satellite (4) - Scan, Recharge, and Dock the satellite (multiball will begin)
    Wizard (3+1) - Complete Sunstorm, Pyramid, Satellite, and Reful to start the Final Mission. Collect 1 of the 6 artifacts and hit the ball into the mission hole.

From StevieJ's guide:

There is only one "generally" reliable shot that will end up with a caught ball, the left ramp (but only if hit from the right flipper).... Almost all of the time if you hit the left ramp from the right flipper it will end up caught on the left flipper.
    I haven't been able to replicate this on the 360 version. A left ramp shot from the right flipper always ends up travelling too fast from the inlane to be caught, even with last-second flipper trapping.

(I can no longer nudge, as Geometry Wars 2 has destroyed my controller. Time for a new one.)

FWIW, the left ramp can be easily backhanded from the left flipper. Trap, let it roll slightly, hit.

The Lift hole (a sinkhole that teleports the ball up, and then to either the left or right inlane) is a pretty reliable shot from a trapped right flipper. Very good for stocking up on kickbacks. Gotta watch out for the top of that nasty right slingshot though.

Been trying to get a bead on the pyramid ramp. The mini-orbit isn't a terribly hard shot from the left flipper, but the ball comes down to the upper right flipper at speed, making the pyramid shot a bit of a crap shoot. The mini-orbit can also be hit from the right flipper, but seems harder to nail. When you do hit it, the resulting ball return can be slower, which is helpful for the pyramid ramp shot.

Still trying to work out the skillshot; seems like there's a random element there. Pulling back the plunger, and then backing off 2 notches will often hit the left-most rollover. 3 notches will do the centre rollover. Backing off 4 notches will do the right-most rollover. But, not always. Sometimes, 4 notches doesn't even get you to the rollovers, and other times backing off 3 notches will get you the right-most rollover.
    Last edited by Womble; 04-12-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Got my left and right confused.

I am really enjoying the table so far. I had the #1 spot for about an hour this morning until blue decided to crush it by about 50 million, lol.

I have had some really killer games on it so far. I can complete 3 of the 4 missions now with confidence... All but the dreaded Pyramid mission... That one is still a toss up. Hitting the Mars lights on the left are tricky. I was one mission away from the Wizard Mode in my last game, then something I haven't seen before came up and it was like green shields were blocking all the ramps and it caused me to drain

I have a feeling the Wizard achievement is going to be a chore on this one. I love a challenge though. Bring it on!

I don't have a PS3 so I haven't had a chance to play this table before FX2, but I have seen a couple PS3 videos and the table looks a lot nicer in FX2. I love how the machine is basically built out of plexiglass which gives a really neat see-thru effect with space in the background.

The spider correctly activates the kickback twice when 2 balls drain over there at the same time in the multiball modes. Nice touch.

My hat is tipped you Zen. You have once again impressed me. You guys did a fantastic job in porting this table over to FX2. I can't wait to get a crack at Paranormal now and see the various updates you've done to that one as well.

Keep up the great work.

-Spence
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 04-12-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    A left ramp shot from the right flipper always ends up travelling too fast from the inlane to be caught, even with last-second flipper trapping.

Been trying to get a bead on the pyramid ramp. The mini-orbit isn't a terribly hard shot from the left flipper, but the ball comes down to the upper right flipper at speed, making the pyramid shot a bit of a crap shoot. The mini-orbit can also be hit from the right flipper, but seems harder to nail. When you do hit it, the resulting ball return can be slower, which is helpful for the pyramid ramp shot.

Still trying to work out the skillshot; seems like there's a random element there. Pulling back the plunger, and then backing off 2 notches will often hit the right-most rollover. 3 notches will do the centre rollover. Backing off 4 notches will do the left-most rollover. But, not always. Sometimes, 4 notches doesn't even get you to the rollovers, and other times backing off 3 notches will get you the left-most rollover.
    I use the left ramp return to juggle the ball over and trap it with the right flipper.

I've had the best luck hitting the pyramid ramp with the tip of the upper flipper. Changing your point of view should help.

This is what I use for the skillshot:

Right rollover: 3 empty bars
    Center rollover: 2 empty bars
    Left rollover: 2 empty bars (nudge as it approaches the center rollover)

The ball's velocity will vary, but this method works 80% of the time.

I was one mission away from the Wizard Mode in my last game, then something I haven't seen before came up and it was like green shields were blocking all the ramps and it caused me to drain
    You may have inadvertently completed the fourth mission. Immediately afterwards, the glowing green artifact targets appear for the Final Mission.
    Last edited by blue; 04-12-2011 at 12:28 AM.

You may have inadvertently completed the fourth mission. Immediately afterwards, the glowing green artifact targets appear for the Final Mission.
    I was hoping that wasn't the case lol. Kinda mad now. I was in between switching views when it happened and I hit a green shield and the ball basically rocketed down the drain instantly.

Time to try again

Double Post
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 04-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Wow, did everyone on the forums get codes or something? Hey crackervizzo, I'll send you a code for 400msp if you'll send me a Mars code, and next month one for Paranormal It's kinda like pre-ordering only the bonus is getting to play the table early!

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was jealous of you guys getting to play the table early. Guess I'll be waiting till the 20th. Keep up the good work though. I can't wait to take a crack at your scores once I get the table!

Default Cant wait

Cant wait for this one, I have been saving up my Microsoft Points that I have been getting from Bing Rewards just to buy new tables as they come out. Good to hear they they will be rolling out on a regular basis, I will be purchasing them as they release. Been getting hard to hold on to those points!

Well I found out what those green shield things are... Apparently they are teleporters and are very fast and hard to judge. It's not part of the wizard mode. I think it activated when I completed the Mars lights during standard play (not in a mission).

That mode seems a lot like Wolverine's Fastball Special where it wise to just trap the ball and wait for it to end to not risk losing it.

Mel
    superb! thx for the hard work

I was so keen to play this title, I fired up the dusty PS3, did a horribly annoying PS3 update, and played a few games of MARS on zen pinball. could only play a few games before my hand started aching due to the poorly designed dual shock controller.

I'm also looking forward to the Paranormal release on 360

They are giving away 5 codes for the Mars table on 1UP.com http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?publ...omment-9623525

Gave the table a shot again first thing this morning. My mission is still to get to the Pyramid Final mission as fast as possible so that I can plug away at it. I must have attempted the mission now at least 20 times since yesterday and am not getting any closer to completing it... in fact, it feels like I am achieving less and less. Anyways, I HAVE to first be able to complete it before I will try to play the table to Wizard mode.

@Blue: Any tips on how to approach the pyramid mission, especially the MARS targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Noggle View Post
    Wow, did everyone on the forums get codes or something?
    Of course not you silly

I did not do an actual comparison, but it seems like ZEN put quite a bit more thought into the visual side of the in-game rule sheet for Mars including some split images etc. giving you real good indication of what they are describing in a particular section. Thanks for that ZEN, it really helps.

totally jealous of the people playing this now.

add me to your FL - peloquin17

8 more sleeps to go. Damn, I wish I had it already!

second post and hopeing for a code ....
    hope my badass Eddie avatar does the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Gave the table a shot again first thing this morning. My mission is still to get to the Pyramid Final mission as fast as possible so that I can plug away at it. I must have attempted the mission now at least 20 times since yesterday and am not getting any closer to completing it... in fact, it feels like I am achieving less and less. Anyways, I HAVE to first be able to complete it before I will try to play the table to Wizard mode.

@Blue: Any tips on how to approach the pyramid mission, especially the MARS targets?
    It appears as though the Mars targets are best suited to be hit with the upper right flipper after a left orbit shot. This is not a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination, but is the only way I've found to approach the targets.

I envy all of u who got a code. Lucky guys . Guess ill be spending MS points again

Yes, me = jealous as well!!! Maybe I'll get a code for Paranormal instead!

Thanks to the above posters for the table information, tips are welcomed. Come on April 20th!

I can't complete this bloody Pyramid mission ! I'm hitting all the blinking ramps but it's not enough, there is something more to do... no idea what.

Don't ...
    Have...
    Table ...

Sorry...

I can't wait - this is exciting! Table looks great!

Well I found out what those green shield things are... Apparently they are teleporters and are very fast and hard to judge. It's not part of the wizard mode. I think it activated when I completed the Mars lights during standard play (not in a mission).
    Ah, that's the Portal mission. There's about ten shots you have to hit directly within a very short window. As you mentioned, it isn't worth the risk.

Any tips on how to approach the pyramid mission, especially the MARS targets?
    Go for the MARS standup targets first. They're easier to hit via collisions when three balls are on the table. The only direct shots are with the extreme tips of the upper and right flippers, which are difficult to see in the overhead view.

Be sure to practice hitting the pyramid ramp so you can complete the mission. The most reliable method seems to be using weak shots on the right orbit. The ball will glide back down to the upper flipper for an easy shot.

I can't complete this bloody Pyramid mission ! I'm hitting all the blinking ramps but it's not enough, there is something more to do... no idea what.
    After hitting six ramp shots and lighting the six standup targets (MARS + 2 under the right flipper), lock at least one ball via the pyramid ramp.

The Pyramid Defense mission is pissing me off... i KNOW i am hitting them, but its not enough D=

Go for the MARS standup targets first. They're easier to hit via collisions when three balls are on the table. The only direct shots are with the extreme tips of the upper and right flippers, which are difficult to see in the overhead view.

Be sure to practice hitting the pyramid ramp so you can complete the mission. The most reliable method seems to be using weak shots on the right orbit. The ball will glide back down to the upper flipper for an easy shot.
    Thanks Blue. I finally managed to complete it. Now hopefully it will get easier now that I know I can do. Next up - on to the final mission.... it seems that it is also not going to be a straight forward conclusion

Thanks Blue. I finally managed to complete it. Now hopefully it will get easier now that I know I can do. Next up - on to the final mission.... it seems that it is also not going to be a straight forward conclusion
    It doesn't get any easier lol. At least not yet. Why can't all the missions be like the spider one? I can complete that one blindfolded

I have been so close to the wizard mode about 3 times now, still haven't managed to activate it. I think this is one of those achievements that most people wont be able to get. Just like Ultimo.

I am going to give it some more playtime tonight. I haven't checked my stats but if I had to guess I have put a solid 4 hours into MARS, maybe more.

I came up short of the #1 spot held by blue by 3 million! I couldn't believe it lol. 287M to 284M... so close yet so far

Thumbs up

Do you have any more codes available for the Mars table on 360?
    If not that's ok, I still love Pinball FX 2 and look forward to the new tables; especially Paranormal now that I've seen some footage of that table in action.

After hitting six ramp shots and lighting the six standup targets (MARS + 2 under the right flipper)
    Yeah, that's the problem, I can't reach those targets ! They remind me of Secrets of the Deep, the targets you need to reach in order to activate the left plunger and get multipliers...

Ok, so, I've played nothing but this table since I was fortunate enough to DL it. It is more than evident that I'm simply not as skilled as some of the others already playing. There's a handful of shots on nearly every table that I just can NOT make, that prevents me from progressing. I always get to 3rd base, but can never quite get home. Thank god it's only a metaphor for pinball. LOL

Default yippii!

great News!

cant wait to see a new Table =)

Is there a possibility to get an early code still? I have been adding you as friends on XBOX Live.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast