Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX2 MARS Table

Quote Originally Posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
    I came up short of the #1 spot held by blue by 3 million! I couldn't believe it lol. 287M to 284M... so close yet so far
    Don't worry, you will be relieved in two days (cause by that time Blue should be 10 billions ahead lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Don't worry, you will be relieved in two days (cause by that time Blue should be 10 billions ahead lol)
    Maybe he could give cracker some training too. I don't see his score on Mars as I don't have it but he could use some cpr on the other tables. He's a Zen guy after all
    Last edited by MultiForce; 04-13-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Default yes!!!

I CANNOT wait for this. I was starting to lose a little faith in you guys (and gals). ZEN STUDIOS ROCKS!!!!

P.S. Would love to get a code for MARS table. I got excited just to see the Achievements listed already!!!

I put up 704 million on MARS last night with a lengthy game. I finally made it to the wizard mode but I choked (and got pretty unlucky) with 3 shots to go. Still no achievement Gonna see if I can snag that sucker tonight.

My score was #1 by a little over 100 million at the time. I haven't been on today to see if its held up.

I still got to give him a run for the money, lol I know he is WAY better than me. It is nice to know I have him beat on a couple of the tables though. Don't think I will ever be touching that Biolab score though... Or Secrets of the Deep for that matter. I still have yet to score over a billion on any table. Come close though with a couple of my scores in the 700+ mil range. Come to think of it, if I had completed the wizard mode on MARS last night I might have cracked 1 billion.
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 04-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.

I put up 704 million on MARS last night with a lengthy game.
    Ouch, I hate you long time.

Ever since my first game (117 million) I've pretty much gone backwards on this table. In particular, I keep choking on the Sunstorm mission. Though I am getting better on the Pyramid ramp shot.

Having lots of fun though.

Memo to self: do not start M-A-R-S teleport game during a regular game.

BTW, from the guide:

The first nudge will display the word "DANGER" all in CAPS and the second nudge will display the word "danger" in bigger font, but all in lowercase...lol You will also hear a voice saying "Watch Out!" the second time.
    This appears to be fixed in the 360 version. You get a small "danger" and then a big "DANGER".

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post

Ever since my first game (117 million) I've pretty much gone backwards on this table. In particular, I keep choking on the Sunstorm mission. Though I am getting better on the Pyramid ramp shot.

Having lots of fun though.

Memo to self: do not start M-A-R-S teleport game during a regular game.

BTW, from the guide:

This appears to be fixed in the 360 version. You get a small "danger" and then a big "DANGER".
    That's what my high score is too. LOL I haven't been able to get close to it either. I had a great game going today with the anti-gravity multiball. I hit all the ramps including the pyramid. All I had to do was sink a ball in the GD mission hole in the dead center of the table, and I drained one of the balls in the process. So disheartening.

I put up 704 million on MARS last night with a lengthy game. I finally made it to the wizard mode but I choked (and got pretty unlucky) with 3 shots to go. Still no achievement Gonna see if I can snag that sucker tonight.
    The Final Mission pays out 100 million plus change. 700 million without completing it is impressive!

That's going to be fairly time consuming. It's difficult to stack bonuses, combos are capped at four, the multiball modes take too long to activate, and the wizard mode is a pain to repeat.

Fortunately it's a gorgeous table with a stellar soundtrack. Zen has come a long way from Xtreme (*gag*).
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Wow... you guys are already scoring hundreds of millions of points!? A few others I play against online showed up playing this table yesterday and are already well ahead.

I really cannot wait to get this table... I feel like the race has started and I'm still stuck at regestration

Ah, well. Patience, I guess. I AM glad to hear it is amazing, although I think I would still get it even if it was bad

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    The Final Mission pays out 100 million plus change. 700 million without completing it is impressive!
    Thank you, sir Your score of 1.2 billion is more impressive though That's going to be a tough one to top. Well played. I gotta say, I love the competition. PURPLE VOMIT got his hands on this table early too. I expect a killer game from him within the next few days. He put up over 500 million the first time I saw him on the leaderboards.

The shot I seem to have the most trouble hitting when I need to is the satellite hole. That little guy can be tricky. I have missed out on a couple wizard modes due to that shot Just need to practice it a bit more.

I am impressed by a large majority of the people on here. It is amazing the high scores of so many people. My best score on any table is 50mil and on most of the tables I am sub 25mil rofl

I can't wait to get the Mars table. Even if I am terrible(which I know I am haha) I will still have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxSe7eN View Post
    I am impressed by a large majority of the people on here. It is amazing the high scores of so many people. My best score on any table is 50mil and on most of the tables I am sub 25mil rofl

I can't wait to get the Mars table. Even if I am terrible(which I know I am haha) I will still have a blast.
    Don't worry, when you get Mars you'll stand a very good change of breaking your first 100 million score. The table flows very nicely with long ball time and by completing the two relatively easy missions (solar flare on left ramp and refuel on right ramp) of the four missions should get you close to a 100 million...

Just keep on going, when I first started playing, for the first two months at least, I could not get close to a 100 million on any of the tables. As I started learning some of the tricks of the trade (first activating kickbacks, know how to get extra balls consistently) and getting to know the table rules it slowly started clicking. The first table I broke a 100 million on was Rome (or Spiderman where it is much easier to do it on) and just by taking on that challenge (think it took me 20 hours plus) my skills improved tremendously. Now I have the confidence to know that I can do 100 million on most tables (Ironman ), it is just a case of practising, persisting and perspiring. I joined xbox live gold now, so my new challenge for myself will be to get into the top 500 for each table I play, irrespective of what score is required (e.g. Spiderman it is much high than 100 million - can't remember exactly now). Anyways - good luck!!!!

I'm going backwards on this table. Now that I'm concentrating on particular shots, I seem to be choking more.

The Sunstorm main mission in particular is giving me grief. I just can't trap the ball reliably enough to have it in a ready position for the next phase. Instead, the ball ends up in a sinkhole, sucking up precious time.

What camera angles are people using? I'm on 1W, but I can barely see the multiplier lanes from there. Might try 6, which gives a good overview at the expense of actually enjoying the details of the table.

I'm going backwards on this table. Now that I'm concentrating on particular shots, I seem to be choking more.

The Sunstorm main mission in particular is giving me grief. I just can't trap the ball reliably enough to have it in a ready position for the next phase. Instead, the ball ends up in a sinkhole, sucking up precious time.

What camera angles are people using? I'm on 1W, but I can barely see the multiplier lanes from there. Might try 6, which gives a good overview at the expense of actually enjoying the details of the table.
    I know the feeling, when I just went for it I put on a score of 170 million by just going through the motions but now that I am going for the sinkhole - the choke has started creeping up on me. Over the weekend I'll have more time and then I will give it my best shot.

I use camera angle 4 as I have always done (except for SotD where I use 5 because of the busy upper playing field) as I feel it gives me a good overall view of the table but with a focus on the flippers. I can't do 1 (feels like am standing way behind the table or 6 feels like I'm sitting on a cabinet looking down on the table.
    Last edited by Cloda; 04-14-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling

The Sunstorm mission is a tough one. The time requirements are very strict and it doesn't seem to matter if you hit more than 1 shot per phase.

I usually use view 3 but with MARS I have to use view 6 to see the multiplier lights since they are so important.

Anyone figure out another way to earn extra balls other than advancing the multiplier?

Had another go at the wizard mode and finally conquered it. I improved my score a little too but I am still trailing blue with his billion plus score

It's truly amazing what's been done on this table in a matter of days. Already a score of 1.2B, one with in striking distance of 1B, and still a couple more over 1/2B. Good work by all.

So...who's putting together the guide for this? Some of you that have reached wizard mode and defeated it already should be able to put one together before the table even officially launches. LOL

I"ve been playing the FX2 suite for months now. I'm better on some tables than others, mostly because I enjoy them more. However, my scores have slowly crept up on most of them. It takes time to learn tricks. Each table has its own. Then there are the basic skills, and once you learn those, they carry over to pretty much every table. I've only cracked 100M on a a few tables (Biolab, Excalibur, Earth Defense, and MARS). But, I have fun, and I AM getting better. I'm never likely to be the same caliber player as some people on here, but that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Don't worry, when you get Mars you'll stand a very good change of breaking your first 100 million score.
    Thanks for all the advice. That would be great to break 100 million on Mars. New table and new record for myself. That would be a great week ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    It takes time to learn tricks. Each table has its own. Then there are the basic skills, and once you learn those, they carry over to pretty much every table.
    Thanks I am going to check out the tutorials on here. I wont ever be the best but that doesn't mean I can't learn from the best.

There will be an 'official' community guide of sorts coming a few days following release. I've got a few guys from the community working on it. If anyone else is interested in an ongoing effort, just ping me.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    There will be an 'official' community guide of sorts coming a few days following release. I've got a few guys from the community working on it. If anyone else is interested in an ongoing effort, just ping me.
    Excellent!!!! That is great!!! Hopefully this will now be done for all tables in future.

Excellent!!!! That is great!!! Hopefully this will now be done for all tables in future.
    That's the plan.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Yeh the guide will help alot of people out who are having problems on missions etc, I was able to work on some of it myself. The good thing is because MARS was orginally only on ZP there was alot of tips floating about and thus made the info in the guide really flushed out.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

That's the plan.
    I really hope that Blue is part of that plan, because he rocks at making guides !

Well, now I know why there's a cheevo ("Archaeologist") for defeating the Pyramid round.

At least 9 attempts in the one game (I lost count), and I still didn't nail it. Came oh so close many times.

Still haven't grabbed an extra ball either. Best I've done is x8. Gonna have to change my camera angle.

For those who haven't seen it, here's Hypno74's (PS3) run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sByN6Lhzqo

He makes some good use of the left-orbit to deflect the ball to M-A-R-S from the upper right flipper.

(Unfortunately, you can no longer trap the ball on the left flipper from the inlane as he does; ball is too fast.)

Amusingly (i.e. terrifyingly) he manages to outlane his last ball on the last lock without a kickback in place, only to pick up the kickback from the rollover, then goes on to complete the round. Death defying!
    Last edited by Womble; 04-15-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Well, now I know why there's a cheevo ("Archaeologist") for defeating the Pyramid round.

At least 9 attempts in the one game (I lost count), and I still didn't nail it. Came oh so close many times.

Still haven't grabbed an extra ball either. Best I've done is x8. Gonna have to change my camera angle.

For those who haven't seen it, here's Hypno74's (PS3) run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sByN6Lhzqo

He makes some good use of the left-orbit to deflect the ball to M-A-R-S from the upper right flipper.

(Unfortunately, you can no longer trap the ball on the left flipper from the inlane as he does; ball is too fast.)

Amusingly (i.e. terrifyingly) he manages to outlane his last ball on the last lock without a kickback in place, only to pick up the kickback from the rollover, then goes on to complete the round. Death defying!
    Two things I noticed while playing now that might help a bit:

- Going for the pyramid mission - each phase of the decoding allows you to build up your multiplier as it stops the ball right above the middle bumper lane. Going for that mission first now when I play and when I achieve it (with one ball) my multipliers are usually above 6x already. Usually the freeze ball stage also starts in between my many attempts at finishing that mission and it also stops the ball above. If you loose a ball in between, then it just ends up being mostly luck to get the multipliers (but you can still repeat the pyramid decoding missions and the freeze balls comes up every now and then).
    - I have been able to finish the pyramid mission now about 4 times (in about 50 tries LOL). What I found recently started working for me is to concentrate intensely on my flippers, never to look away and to focus on shooting the balls on the tips of either flipper - either directly then or through ricochets I seem to be hitting the MARS and other two buttons much more consistently. No singe yet, but appears to be working better.

PS: Made it to the final mode... now know what it feels like to be on top of the world one moment and nowhere the next!!!
    Last edited by Cloda; 04-15-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Spelling and addition

A game of firsts:

- beat the pyramid round, got the cheevo (yay!),

(played well over a dozen rounds in the one game to get there)

- got the extra ball

- got over half a billion (yes, gloating now)

- got to the final mission. And failed with 1 symbol left. Argh. So sad.

Heh, the physics in that final mission are interesting! Music is weird (in a cool way) too. And the music really is outstanding on this table; some of Zen's best.
    Last edited by Womble; 04-15-2011 at 09:14 AM.

between this, portal 2, and MK dropping next week, i dont know what im gonna play more of.

::nerdgasm::

Hello ZEN Studios Forum Members,

I am happy to confirm that MARS will be releasing for Pinball FX2 on April 20, 2011!!! We know it has been quite some time since a new table release, but we have been making important improvements to the overall infrastructure of Pinball FX2 so that it is a sustainable platform for a long time to come.

Starting this month, you can expect regular table releases, hopefully each month. You all have to understand that creating these tables is no walk in the park, even with all of the experience our studio has. We pledge to only release product when it is ready to go - with the right amount of polish and attention to detail.

Thanks for your patience through all of this. Currently, there are only 2 of us on the MARS leaderboard - suffice to say, life is lonely on MARS! We will be giving codes away to forum members before release. Feel free to add me to your friends list - crackervizzo.

Best,

Mel Kirk
    ZEN Studios
    Just curious??? no mention of price??? 400 ms??? my be free for those who download on 4/20???

240 MSP. A fair price since Mars is compatible with the Pinball FX 2 enhancements.

240 MSP. A fair price since Mars is compatible with the Pinball FX 2 enhancements.
    More than fair. I've clocked in about 10 hours on Mars so far. So gaming hour to dollar ratio is extremely high with these tables

I hope they stick to the 4-pack with the Marvel tables though. I doubt they will from what I have read, but 4 tables for $10 is just too sweet

wow...blue you just made my day......too bad you cant buy 40 ms pt's.....i got 1600, gonna cop section 8 prejudice and will have 400 to blow....was mars a pbx game???
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAFURIOUS; 04-16-2011 at 12:29 AM.

I would kill for -1 Microsoft points because that is just what it showed up for when I logged on just now LOL. No, it wont let me download it or the trial ;(

-1 points

I am a few points shy
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 04-16-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Yeah, I tried to download the trial also. i think it said i needed about $4 trillion more MS points.

Edit: just noticed your screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    It would appear that XBL runs on 32bit!

I would kill for -1 Microsoft points because that is just what it showed up for when I logged on just now LOL. No, it wont let me download it or the trial ;(

-1 points

I am a few points shy
    interesting.......what region are you in???

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAFURIOUS View Post
    interesting.......what region are you in???
    U.S.

I guess if zen even sells one at that price, they could cover costs for bit LOL

Quote Originally Posted by peloquin17 View Post
    between this, portal 2, and MK dropping next week, i dont know what im gonna play more of.

::nerdgasm::
    Gears of War 3 beta....???lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phiveball View Post
    Yeah, I tried to download the trial also. i think it said i needed about $4 trillion more MS points.

Edit: just noticed your screenshot.
    Yep, that's the price for a trip to the red planet on 4/20. LOL. All will be back to normal on release day, confirmed price is 240 MSP's.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Maybe he could give cracker some training too. I don't see his score on Mars as I don't have it but he could use some cpr on the other tables. He's a Zen guy after all
    I often uninstall / reinstall to test updates, etc. Give me a break on the scores! I spent some time last night to make it more respectable!

I often uninstall / reinstall to test updates, etc. Give me a break on the scores! I spent some time last night to make it more respectable!
    Nooo, I was thinking hey I am pretty bad at this but at least the guy from Zen isn't way way better. Now I will have nothing to make myself feel better. :P

I just love seeing these M.A.R.S. scores that are twice the combined total of all 17 tables that I play

LOL! Can't wait for this....daughter ran to me last night...dad do you know Mars is there? What Download... Yea well if you don't have the code it costs ya a million points...LOL! Thought something was wrong until I read the forums.....

Look forward to playing Mars and the rest and glad I found a community that has a love for pinball...

Talking

I finally got all achievements in MARS, got a nice score as well. Im 4th in the world as of when I posted this. See the picture below -

http://wurl.ca/?r=6jb

Nothing beats the feeling when you have beaten the table, now its time to try and get more points to try for that NO1 spot.

Who else has beaten MARS here?
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 04-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

confirmed price is 240 MSP's.
    Why 240 rather than 200? Is Mars 40msp better than the other tables?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    I finally got all achievements in MARS, got a nice score as well. Im 4th in the world as of when I posted this. See the picture below -

Nothing beats the feeling when you have beaten the table, now its time to try and get more points to try for that NO1 spot.

BEATEN THE TABLE......looks like your job here is done....lol hows about throwing out another code Z.E.N........

I can see the Mars table on my title screen now but if I try to buy it it says -1MS points and when you try to confirm it says "Required balance: 4294967295 points", haha. This is really weird.

Just googled the number and found this on Urban Dictionary "(4294967295) The highest number you can get using 32 bits (BInary digiTS)" Which makes me understand why Womble said
    It would appear that XBL runs on 32bit!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post

Congrats! Much less impressive is the number of people with scores on the High Score list that look like they played one game and then turned it off. Seriously, I could have used that code.

Default -1 point

I too am getting the perches price of 4294967295 for MARS. Just phone my friend who is a big Pinball FX 2 fan and he is having the same problem. We are both on Xbox GOLD family live. I don't know if that's the problem.

We live in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Royernater View Post
    I too am getting the perches price of 4294967295 for MARS. Just phone my friend who is a big Pinball FX 2 fan and he is having the same problem. We are both on Xbox GOLD family live. I don't know if that's the problem.

We live in the UK.
    The table releases on the 20th. The price will be fixed to 240 points on that date.

Thought so KGSoloman8000. I just seen all the scores in game and thought it was out early. Must be the beta/random code testers

Quote Originally Posted by Noggle View Post
    The price is raised just a little bit because tables on PFX2 get all the cool social integrations, Superscore, Wizard Score, etc. It was a long discussion but we felt it was a fair price.

Earth Defense premiered at 240 MSP.

Mars offers the Pinball FX 2 enhancements, unlike the upgraded versions of the Pinball FX tables.

Congrats! Much less impressive is the number of people with scores on the High Score list that look like they played one game and then turned it off.
    Not everyone plays while connected to Xbox LIVE.
    Last edited by blue; 04-17-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Lol, Mars became available early. When I try to download the trial or the full game, it says it costs -1 points and when I try to purchase it says I'm exactly 4294967295 points short

Sorry, old stuff, didn't notice..
    Last edited by MAT; 04-16-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    Lol, Mars became available early. When I try to download the trial or the full game, it says it costs -1 points and when I try to purchase it says I'm exactly 4294967295 points short

Sorry, old stuff, didn't notice..
    That spinning star is mocking me, I know it!!!

Congrats! Much less impressive is the number of people with scores on the High Score list that look like they played one game and then turned it off. :
    Video game journalists, maybe?

Regarding the price, it's more than fair. It's less than the cost of a cup of coffee...

Video game journalists, maybe?

Regarding the price, it's more than fair. It's less than the cost of a cup of coffee...
    It's the cost of about 6 goes on a physical pinball table.

The price is raised just a little bit because tables on PFX2 get all the cool social integrations, Superscore, Wizard Score, etc. It was a long discussion but we felt it was a fair price.
    Oh ok, makes sense. The price increase doesn't bother me because honestly, they're worth way more than $2.75.. its just that now I'll have this weird, small amount of leftover Microsoft Points mocking me because they aren't enough to buy anything good

Oh ok, makes sense. The price increase doesn't bother me because honestly, they're worth way more than $2.75.. its just that now I'll have this weird, small amount of leftover Microsoft Points mocking me because they aren't enough to buy anything good
    $3.00 actually. This is why MS uses space bucks. Unless you pay attention to the math, most people don't know how much they're actually spending.

That's a factor, but the main reason Microsoft switched to moon bucks is to avoid paying fees for credit card transactions. Creating their own currency also forces consumers to buy more points than they need. The average idiot will spend excess points on avatar crap and lamerpics rather than stockpiling them to buy a game on sale.

If you have 80 points leftover you can pick up one of the awesome indie games on sale for $1.

A few of my favorites:

Aban Hawkins, Apple Jack, Platformance, Vorpal, Vampire Rage, Decimation X3, Hypership Out of Control, Zombie Estate, Shoot 1UP, Crossfire, Inferno, Infinity Danger... just to name a few off the top of my head.

Apple Jack is probably the best of the bunch. I can't recommend that one enough

Another problem with Banana bucks is that the cost to buy them doesn't change with the current economic climate. The AU$ is about $1.02US right now, but it still costs the same to buy the points, as when the Aussie was $0.75US - Now that the US dollar is tanking, I want more value for my Aussie dollar

BTW, im an above average idiot when it comes to buying useless avatar gear :P

Default cost

anyone know how much the new table will cost.?

Thanks for everyone who gave me a pat on the back about getting all achievements and that score on MARS.

I think the table will set you back 240MS PTS, thats what I heard.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannical View Post
    I just love seeing these M.A.R.S. scores that are twice the combined total of all 17 tables that I play
    Don't worry, Mars is probably Zen's friendliest table.

It's got a heap of features and rules designed to keep the game alive.

e.g.

- kickbacks are very easy to get (particularly on the left).

- the kickbacks remain in place once you drain.

- some of the modes/missions are resumable if you fail them, taking up from where you left off.

- many of the modes can be restarted straight away after failing. Even failing a mode can be very lucrative...

- a long ball save, which you can use to safely restock your kickbacks

It's something of a shock to play Wolverine or Iron Man or Pasha after this table!

Default MARS table costs 4294367755 microsoft points

Default MARS table costs 4294967295 microsoft points

Quote Originally Posted by T3CHN0R0CKER View Post

You're making all those faces because your balance is 100 point, right? LOL

If you have 80 points leftover you can pick up one of the awesome indie games on sale for $1.
    I can't, indies are not available in my country Microsoft has left that market to Sony and their PSN Mini's, for some reason. I but will still _never_ use a single point on lamerpics or crapatars. For far, the only downloads for FX2 are tables, I hope it stays that way..

Don't worry, Mars is probably Zen's friendliest table.

It's got a heap of features and rules designed to keep the game alive.

e.g.

- kickbacks are very easy to get (particularly on the left).

- the kickbacks remain in place once you drain.

- some of the modes/missions are resumable if you fail them, taking up from where you left off.

- many of the modes can be restarted straight away after failing. Even failing a mode can be very lucrative...

- a long ball save, which you can use to safely restock your kickbacks

It's something of a shock to play Wolverine or Iron Man or Pasha after this table!
    Agree on Pasha and Ironman but Wolverine I find the Claw save a pretty handy feature that is relatively easily activated if you can hit the saucer.

Yeah, Wolverine can make you completely invulnrable with a left kickback, right side timed ball saver and SNIKT ball saver is permanent. If you don't drain often you can play for an absolute age, I can't see Mars being friendlier than that.

I'm so excited by this new table that I just joined the forums to say YAY! I'm usually just a wallflower, but I'm so pumped by the idea of 8 new tables... I had to register. Thanks for supporting this great product!!

Quote Originally Posted by T3CHN0R0CKER View Post
    Holy... ^^ That would be 107 374 182 EUR = 152 578 713 US-Dollar. Quite pricey!

edit: No, "just" 53 687 091 EUR. I divided with a wrong rate up there.
    Last edited by Eviron; 04-18-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Default Release time and date of MARS

Just wondering what the release time of MARS is gonna be on 20/04.

If it's gonna be 00.00hrs UTC then us Aussies will get it in approx 2.5 hrs from now.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by JandG View Post
    Just wondering what the release time of MARS is gonna be on 20/04.

If it's gonna be 00.00hrs UTC then us Aussies will get it in approx 2.5 hrs from now.

Gerard
    In the USA, new content usually shows up around 5-6 AM EST.

Quote Originally Posted by JandG View Post
    f it's gonna be 00.00hrs UTC then us Aussies will get it in approx 2.5 hrs from now.
    It's only the 19th in Australia.

Best bet: early Wednesday evening, Aussie time.

I finally beat that damned pyramid defense mission.... It took over AN HOUR for me to get it, and got up to 195M score...

Huzzah, finally beat the wizard mode, got the cheevo.

I did it on the first ball, but because I didn't get x10, let alone an Extra, I only just managed to beat my previous high score. There's something to be said for grinding some of those modes with x10 lit...

I did it on the first ball, but because I didn't get x10, let alone an Extra, I only just managed to beat my previous high score. There's something to be said for grinding some of those modes with x10 lit...
    Damn, now I must play this table tonight. I just have to get it right

I'm so jealous of the people who already got to play it and even complete it lol, ah well, 1 more day of waiting

I have this already for the PS3 but will be getting it also for the XBOX 360, it's a very good table

Sorry dude, you are not alone on this today because ... I FINALLY DID IIIIIIIIIIITTTT...... and also took your score along the way Now I think I will give this table a rest until the tournament starts as I have already played it for 17hours... give the other guys that will be getting the table tomorrow some time to catch up. I think this might just be my favorite table of all time....
    Last edited by Cloda; 04-19-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: edited it slightly

Default yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    That spinning star is mocking me, I know it!!!
    the spinning star is mocking me too

Sorry dude, you are not alone on this today because ... I FINALLY DID IIIIIIIIIIITTTT...... and also took your score along the way
    Nooooooooo!

Cheats, hax!

going to file this one with Zen as a major bug
    Last edited by Womble; 04-20-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Cool 5:00 am ?

this isn't available until 5:00 am?

Default where is it

well its 20th of april and i`m wondering where is mars as a uk resident i`ve got usa friends who have had this table for a week and i`m upset as an owner of all the tables.oh the update for rocky and bullwinkle makes it unplayable ,cake is not worth lighting up as it no longer gives you chance to light it again before its gone.fix it.i`m asking for 20 seconds extention to cake time.wheres mars .

same here ... 1st trial this noon and achieved > 100M ... however i failed at least 20 times the sunstorm mission

Hey guys, it's 9:00 AM here in California and it appears the table is live. New scores posting to the leaderboards literally every second. Happy launch day!

My 6th attempt netted me 423m which ain't bad but man, I attempted the Pyramid 22 times in that run. I realised around about my 16-17th attempt that I needed the right side targets as well but I did eventually do it.

Final Mission is a killer if you fail it, you have to do all the missions again

Wow, this table is fun and high scoring. I got 50 million on my fourth ever game without really knowing what I was doing. I love that some of the missions can be resumed.

I just need to work on my orbit shots (right one in particular) and figure out how to get bonus multipliers going.

I think my wife is going to enjoy this one as well. It's definitely going to boost superscores!

Only had time to complete one game before I had to head to work. Table looks cool and I did manage to top Cracker's score and send a taunt

I've been playing for a couple of hours today and loved every second of it!! The table looks stunning and has some really nice audio as well. At my first try without reading the rules of course I racked up 105M, promising! Ironically enough after I read the rules and started going for specific goals it took me a while to beat my initial highscore lol.

I came so close to the pyramid achievement, need to try that one again soon, some of these targets are quite tough to hit!

Cheers to Zen for yet another awesome table

Only had time to complete one game before I had to head to work. Table looks cool and I did manage to top Cracker's score and send a taunt
    Yeah. I got it. I'm terrible compared to all of you on here.

Yeah. I got it. I'm terrible compared to all of you on here.
    Practice makes perfect

Those new tablet devices that you mentioned on twitter look pretty awesome. Is that what the portable version of Sorcerer's Lair is running on?
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 04-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Good table! It's the first where I was able to score above 100 M more than once. Got three scores in the hundred-millions today, my highscore so far is 190 M and I've lost the ball on that try only because I was pretty unconcentrated. Not finished sunstorm or the pyramid mission yet, got to the last just one time and didn't know what to hit after the ramps and lanes. What annoys me a bit is that the spider (Kickback) takes so long to put the ball back in play especially during the sunstorm mission this drains more than half of the 10 seconds you have to hit the flashing targets... I might have been able to finish the mission if the kickback was quicker. Nonetheless, really enjoying this!
    Last edited by Eviron; 04-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Practice makes perfect

Those new tablet devices that you mentioned on twitter look pretty awesome. Is that what the portable version of Sorcerer's Lair is running on?
    Yep, Sorcerer's Lair is up and running on this device. We should be able to show it off to everyone in the next few weeks. Overall, I love the Xoom.

Mars is now one of my favorite tables. Thanks for another awesome experience Zen.

Default thanks

Mars is now one of my favorite tables. Thanks for another awesome experience Zen.
    Yeah. Thank You - Mars is a lot better than I thought. The gameplay is smooth and the music too.

Quote Originally Posted by _mike_ View Post
    same here ... 1st trial this noon and achieved > 100M ... however i failed at least 20 times the sunstorm mission
    That's not all bad.

Each time you hit a sequence target (e.g. a flashing ramp) in Sunstorm, you earn a cool 500,000 points.

So, by failing near the end of the mission, you can still earn around 5 million points. Then restart for another 5 million, rinse repeat. That's some serious points. (Of course, if you are near the end, then you'd probably want to complete for the 20 million. But it's not a scoring disaster if you don't.)

[edited]

The Pyramid mode gives you a paltry 100K per target, and 500K for each indicated ramp/loop (unlike the PS3 version, which only awards 100K). Te first ball lock (shoot the Pyramid Ramp) gives you 2 million, and completion (shoot the Pyramid Ramp again) gives only 1 million (bizarre!).

The various scanning/sampling modes are very profitable (and very easy), too. Resumable, with half a million a hit, plus a 5 million completion bonus, all redoable. Candy from a baby!

The anti-grav mode can be profitable (and easy) too, but only if you can quickly nail the Pyramid ramp shot. If you can't, you're just batting the ball around for 10 minutes or more for 1000 points here and there, wasting kickbacks and lane lights while you're at it.
    Last edited by Womble; 04-21-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Fixed Pyramid mode scoring

It is a pretty easy table, I played for a long time my first try and got 11 million points! I even made the space shuttle take off or something.

I really enjoy this table but the length of time it takes kickbacks to happen is really frustrating.
    Taking over The World, one E-bortion at a time.
    Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike: Yun, Ken, Hugo, Akuma
    Street Fighter II: Super Turbo: Fei Long, Ken, Ryu, Zangief, Balrog, Chun-Li
    Super Street Fighter 4: Abel, Akuma, Zangief, Balrog
    King of Fighters 2k2: Shermie, Ramon, Orochi Chris, Iori
    Guilty Gear Accent Core: Slayer
    Hokuto No Ken: Raoh stabs you in the toe and breaks your face.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast