Thread: ZEN Pinball - Sorcerer's Lair

Talking ZEN Pinball - Sorcerer's Lair

Yes, this is an official table announcement!

We are excited to announce Sorcerer's Lair for ZEN Pinball! This brand new fantasy themed table will release April 26 in North America, and April 27 in Europe.

It is hard to believe that this is our SEVENTH expansion for ZEN Pinball. We truly thank all of you for allowing us to continue working on a game we love so much (how many other games out there continue to stay alive after this much time???).

We will be giving a few codes away early to forum members so you can play the table early. We would really like your feedback. Codes will be given via private message.

Make sure to visit the PlayStation Blog today at 2:00 PM PST to get first peeks at the trailer and screenshots.

Mel

I'm really looking forward to this table. I saw some videos of the Android version and it looks really neat.

I'm quite curious on how the table will look on a full screen TV, compared to a small 4" screen from the videos that I've seen. However, I'm not too concerned. You guys have been pretty good at making ports.

One question though! Will this table have multi-track music like the Marvel Pinball tables? Or will it be like the previous Zen Pinball tables, that only have one audio track that plays continuously?
    Last edited by shogun00; 04-13-2011 at 05:20 PM.

I love what you guys are doing at Zen. Supporting two pinball games at one time. Can't wait till i get my PS3, then i'll wait for this one to come out!

Cheers.

This is the news I've been waiting for

Default Uuuuuuuuh YEAAAAH!

Caaaaan´t wait
    I bought both platforms (PS3 & Xbox360) only because of "Zen Pinball", got all Tables. I am so thankful that you guys keeping pinball alive!
    (since Pinball Dreams/Phantasies, ProPinball Series, SlamTilt, Visual Pinball...)

Rock on

Nice one, always exciting to have brand new tables to try out and get use to.

Default Trophies

And here is the trophy list for the table.

Bronze

Quick handed:
    Score a 6-way combo!

Bronze

Slingshot Master:
    Defeat all 10 spiders in the Arachnid Attack cellar mode within 20 seconds from start.

Bronze

Stockpiler:
    Enrage the ent by completing Forest Loops and beat it during the hurry up mode!

Silver

Midnight Madness:
    Complete the final mission: Midnight Madness!

Default Awesome news!

Fantastic! I am absolutely looking forward to this table. Thank you so much for making a wonderful game that I have managed to get my brother's family on their PlayStation 3 to also play. Keep up the good work and I hope that we still have many more new tables to come as well. I cannot wait to try this spectacularly cool looking new table out soon! Have a wonderful week, friends!

Love the trailer.... the mini game looks cool. The whole theme is done well. Love the table logo, too. Could just be the best table to play, yet. Have to wait and see!!

Please give me a code for this table. So jealous of the guys who are able to play Mars before the 20th. Pretty please .

Edit: Just realised I posted this from my mobile on the Zen pinball forum. I thought this was for Xbox too. Never mind, I'd still like a code as I have PS3 and XBox and both Zen Studios pinball games.
    Last edited by Flynn74; 04-13-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Here is a link to the PlayStation Blog post (trailer now live)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...usive-trailer/

I too would love to have a code for this table. I have bought all other tables as well as Marvel Pinball and have encouraged my brother to do the same on his system. I also was first to post on the Blog link! I absolutely would be willing to provide feedback as well if I have a chance to sample the table. Thanks for your time and consideration!

Looks great!

Really like the lighting effects (NiteGlo balls are sweet) and the look of the cellar/dungeon mini-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Really like the lighting effects (NiteGlo balls are sweet) and the look of the cellar/dungeon mini-game.
    Yeah! It looks similar to the Blade table. I really like those type of lighting effects.

yeah that sounds and look good! now we have to wait til 27th april! i hope the time will go fast

I'm in love.

Great news!! How do we get a free code?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    Great news!! How do we get a free code?
    I didn't get one for Mars so I'm expecting one for this

Maybe we should order cracker a pizza or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jayedge View Post
    yeah that sounds and look good! now we have to wait til 27th april! i hope the time will go fast
    I know it won't for me. I have jury duty on 4/26. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I know it won't for me. I have jury duty on 4/26. Ugh!
    yeah but i'm in germany, and i must wait til 27th april. or zen give me a code

When will the codes go out, i.e. so we know if we did not get it by a certain day if we should therefore not still have our hopes up?

I wonder how many tables total this game will have before the PlayStation 4?

If the Rome table is an Xbox exclusive, then perhaps we could get an Alexander the Great table with Greco-Egyptian-Persian theming and ramps to simulate the path of the Greco-Macedonian army around the known world? The table could include an angry war elephant somewhere on the board, snake ramps in honor of Olympia his mother, a light house for the city named for him in Egypt, maybe a Bucephalus, etc.

A Napoleon table would be cool as well, or perhaps just a table of the great conquerors (Alexander, Caesar, Napoleon, etc.?).

A dog table, especially with a basset hound and dachschund would be original.

A World War I and/or II themed table would be interesting.

Some kind of zombie table would be interesting as well. After all, there once was a Pinball of the Dead game.

Default Great!

The table looks awesome! Can't wait to play!

Yeeeeehaaaa . Thanks for the awesome news Mel!

Bring on the codes

Oh they would be so jealous on my forum if i had one

Anyway keep the new stuffs coming, these 2 upcoming weeks are gonna be a blast !

Going to start sending codes to forum members via private messages. I will need to confirm region before sending the code, so if you get a message, try and respond quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Going to start sending codes to forum members via private messages. I will need to confirm region before sending the code, so if you get a message, try and respond quickly.
    My region is: Europe

My region is USA.

BTW, it looks like Sony goofed on your latest update or my system just didn't like it.

I recently downloaded the 1.05 update (Sorcerer's Lair trophies) and I got a nasty side effect.

After the update was finished, the game tried to proceed normally with the auto save message. I clicked "OK" and then nothing. It stayed black screen for several minutes. The controller wouldn't respond and the hard drive light was off. I was able to do an emergency shutdown (hold down the power button). Everything started up fine, except that the glitch nuked my Zen Pinball save. It's not a big deal for those that play on the PSN, but I lost all of my offline scores because of it. Grr...
    Last edited by shogun00; 04-20-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Smile

Can´t wait to play an awesome new table,in the trailer the table looks really eyecandy i have all your tables and games on PS3 so thanks for support them and keep us entertrained with the best pinball games out there!

My region is USA! Thanks!

I'm french, i'm french !!!! From Europe !!!!
    France sucks BTW

i'm from europe - germany ;-)

Finland, Europe.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

I'm from Europe, Poland

Europe - Germany

Can't wait to play this, I'm located in the USA

European region (Spain)

Germany - Europe

Europe loves pinball !!!!

Send the code

United Kingdom

Ok i just checked with my doctor and the bad news is i have 3 days left to live ... i intend to spend them playing on MARS wich i just downloaded , but unfortunately i won't live long enough to play sorcerer's lair

If Only i could get a code i would die in peace ...

Will there be anymore codes given out, would love to have this early to provide feedback

Quote Originally Posted by X DrLobo View Post
    Ok i just checked with my doctor and the bad news is i have 3 days left to live ... i intend to spend them playing on MARS wich i just downloaded , but unfortunately i won't live long enough to play sorcerer's lair

If Only i could get a code i would die in peace ...
    You should spend your last days with family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by crossland007 View Post
    Germany - Europe
    France Europe
    Blog Zen pinball-Marvel pinball
    translator on the left
    http://bip-bip-72.vefblog.net
    Last edited by bip-bip-72; 04-21-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Hello i'm french and i'm finished 2nd in mars tournament but no prize

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    My region is: Europe
    I think steviej should definitely get a code. He has both games, Zen and Marvel pinball 100% on trophies and he has write Earth defence, excalibur and Mars (original) Trophy guides:
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/zen...phy-guide.html
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

You know it's really nice seeing all these new tables, love how you are really managing the future of the game.

I would not refuse an US code if it's still possible to get one

Well, with the PSN still down, I guess even if we did get a code we would not likely be able to use it until Tuesday when the table is to be released anyway, assuming the PSN is up again by then even, which I really, really hope it is, because both Zen Pinball and Rock Band 3 have new DLC I am greatly looking forward to. What scum who are responsible for this latest outage.

Anyway, Happy Easter everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by jphinesdad View Post
    What scum who are responsible for this latest outage.
    Hackers! It looks like it was a splinter cell of Anonymous.

We have been notified by Sony that PSN will be up by Tuesday's scheduled release of Sorcerer's Lair. If anything changes we will let you know.

Thank you for the update. I saw the latest news about the whole mess being that it is not yet even known if our credit card information was compromised...great...

Anyway, I do hope it is sorted out soon as the new table looks nice!

The new update is that we know nothing

Right now it looks like Sorcerer's Lair will not release tomorrow. We will let you know what is going on as soon as possible.

The day PSN is back up and running, just release it everywhere on that same day. Best option under the circumstances.

Right now it looks like Sorcerer's Lair will not release tomorrow. We will let you know what is going on as soon as possible.
    Thanks for the updates,wish the new table can be available tomorrow..

Default bummed

I was so ready to dl this table last week, i had updated my zen version as soon as it was available, but it never showed up in the store later. Now the 2011 Sony blackout wants to interfere in my way of life, SIGH. Addiitionally I should have hung out in the forums a bit longer after that announcement. SIGH#2. Well i hope the sorcerer's lair has the secret spell needed to get the PSN functioning.

Sony should've just tackeled their security issues straight away as a technical problem instead of wasting time and money on a useless lawsuit, only to enrage a large part of the people capable of doing even more damage to their system. Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the side of the hackers here, but adressing these technical issues from the corporate level and with lawsuits is just plain stupid. You don't sue talent, you hire it.

I could've been playing SL on my newly patched PS3 if it weren't for some useless corporate dumbass that's too busy spending and claiming money that could've otherwise been spent on R&D. Annoys the crap out of me
    Last edited by steviej; 04-26-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Official word from Sony is that no content will be published today. They said it is still a possibility that it could go out this week, but then they just released this:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...-and-qriocity/

So, we'll keep trying to get info and post it here.

Ordered a new CC as soon as I saw that as I don't want to risk anything.

Starting to get tired of playing SL in the dark too since I don't know what the pinball gods might have earned during the last week

I feel bad for Zen, and for all other PSN developers.

Although hacker scum are fundamentally to blame for the intrusion and theft of data, Sony have dropped the ball on this one.

Waiting this long to tell people that their account details have been stolen, and that they can't guarantee CC details are safe, is unforgivable and grossly incompetent. It's a disaster for both them and their customers.

I hope they manage to put PSN back online in some form soon, for Zen's sake. But the realist in me thinks it will be longer rather than sooner. And it could be much longer, as in many weeks (or months), until all services are restored.

Default Contingency plan IF Sony PSN down for weeks or months?

Given the long outage from Sony PSN and the possibility that account holders personal information being hacked, has Zen Studios considered what their options are to release (SELL) their products to consumers? I know that Sony will NOT tell anyone (including the companies that distribute titles from their network) what is actually going on. Only the LEGAL stuff approved from the lawyers is just now getting out to the public. Perhaps now is the time to think about having a secondary way to download (and purchase) your titles (DLC) in more than one (PSN) way. Something to give some serious thought to. Hope we get the new SL table before the end of July.

Default My last psn purchase will be this table

I'm going to buy the new table and then ask SONY to delete the account that has my card details. Two reasons for this:

1. I don't trust them to hold on to my into any more. I do realise that any online company could be hit, but SONY are to high on the list of targets for my liking.

2. I tend to agree with Anon' here. I have paid money, in the past for a sky tv box that could record stuf (the sky+ box was its name), only for sky to switch off the recording function when a few years later I didn't want to pay for loads of channels. They said the record function was part of my subscription and nothing to do with the fact that I had paid £100 for the box when one that would not record would have been free! I'm voting with my feet if any company tries this again. SONY are trying to do this with what I consider to be MY hardware.

Zen should have developed this table for the Xbox

I guess my first question should have been; does Zen Studios sell their titles for the PS3 by any other means than the Sony PSN network? I haven't seen any of your titles being offered any other way. I feel bad for all those developers who have entrusted Sony to provide the only way to sell their game titles. Those developers are losing their source of income every hour and day this outage continues. Another question would be for those of us that have a PSN account. Is it a requirement that we have a credit card number "on file" with PSN, along with the other personal information? It does seem that Sony customers and developers have been forced to put ALL THEIR EGGS in ONE basket that has failed terribly. Time for everyone to consider just what needs to be "FIXED".

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeshane View Post
    Zen should have developed this table for the Xbox
    They have.

Zen have said that the 360 will be getting this table.

So far, 360 owners have got the following to look forward to:

Paranormal
    New Marvel table(s)
    Sorcerer's Lair
    Tron *
    Star Wars table(s) **

* speculative
    ** highly speculative

Quote Originally Posted by TomOrton View Post
    Is it a requirement that we have a credit card number "on file" with PSN, along with the other personal information?
    No! You can use PSN cards that can be bought from your local B&M stores (available in $10, $20 and $50 increments). Credit card is just an option.

As for the other data. Yes, but you can be vague on it. For example, you can just use your initials for your first and middle names and your phone number is just optional IIRC.

All they need is your name, address and date of birth to create a PSN account.
    Last edited by shogun00; 04-30-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

This table looks ver good, very imaginative and animated just the way I like my tables. Bad that PSN is still down.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Will the new table be available on Tuesday?

Is sony's joke finally over ??? They really should go like nintendo and leave the real online play to microsoft seriously ... this is getting really embarrassing ...

Sorcerer's Lair is now available for download on the PS store. Looking forward to feedback from everyone!

Enjoy!

crackervizzo

Sorcerer's Lair is now available for download on the PS store. Looking forward to feedback from everyone!

Enjoy!

crackervizzo
    You shouldn't tell them. I need some more points first

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    You shouldn't tell them. I need some more points first
    I thought you were in the top 5 club already.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post
    I thought you were in the top 5 club already.
    So far but I some scary people up there.

Another fun table and I really like the lighting effects in this game.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. I've read that there are issues with PSN store (with increased traffic), but hopefully not for me. *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    So far but I some scary people up there.
    I passed you.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Grrr PSN store still gives out errors in Europe so can't get this yet. Soon hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Canuck View Post
    I'm looking forward to trying it out. I've read that there are issues with PSN store (with increased traffic), but hopefully not for me. *fingers crossed*
    I got this table from PSN without issue, and have played a few games of it. Initial impressions are great, and I cannot wait for the 360 release

Great table..the theme is awesome and it´s fun to play.
    I strongly recommend it to all ZEN pinball fans..

I got a hatrick at first attempt i lost my first ball down left lane 2nd down the right lane & 3rd ball rdtm Great table one of the best for me

Think this table had a lot of potential, but the physics are not at all that great and it is a real drain monster for sure. Fun when you are rocking it though the ball just seems to go everywhere erratically at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    Fun when you are rocking it though the ball just seems to go everywhere erratically at times.
    That's because of the ball spin issue. There's way too much of it in this game, while its been hammered out in Marvel Pinball.

That's because of the ball spin issue. There's way too much of it in this game, while its been hammered out in Marvel Pinball.
    Totally agree with you on that, wish Zen would take the Pinball FX2 cue from XBox 360 and do a complete make over for all their tables on the PS3 platform.

Very good table zen guys!
    I like the feel and athmosphere. Finally it's easy to get xtraballs (like paranormal table) and even easier to get achievements i got them all after about 30 mins of gameplay.
    Very good table layout and graphics.
    I even found the 1st glitch!
    I hit the central disc with stars just half second before the stairway and cellar building rose up trapping the ball behind it
    and the game was stuck. Hope you fix this.
    Very good music, the best in Zen pinball so far.
    Average ingame voices. Very good sound fx.
    Ball physics is improved but not as good as PinballFx2 on Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBODYALIVE View Post
    Ball physics is improved but not as good as PinballFx2 on Xbox.
    Or Marvel Pinball for the PS3. Marvel Pinball is using Pinball FX2's engine.

Omg , f*ck those so called free codes :s
    Just buy it , if u like ZEN then it's worth the money.
    If everybody gets free codes then ZEN will not make anymore tables.
    Because they need that money to make new tables.

Sorry for my maybe weird English , it's not my motherlanguage

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercore View Post
    Omg , f*ck those so called free codes :s
    Just buy it , if u like ZEN then it's worth the money.
    If everybody gets free codes then ZEN will not make anymore tables.
    Because they need that money to make new tables.

Sorry for my maybe weird English , it's not my motherlanguage
    Mmm... I don't get it.
    crackervizzo is ZEN it self.
    Why do you give free codes away then?
    Sorry guys, i am a totaly newbie.
    I bought the game on 09/11 but i like it very much!
    Just need to discover the ways of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercore View Post
    Mmm... I don't get it.
    crackervizzo is ZEN it self.
    Why do you give free codes away then?
    For promotional purposes! They get a few free codes from Sony for media purposes (reviews, impressions, previews, advertising, etc...). They always have a few left over, so they give them away to the fans through random contests.

For promotional purposes! They get a few free codes from Sony for media purposes (reviews, impressions, previews, advertising, etc...). They always have a few left over, so they give them away to the fans through random contests.
    Ow ok, because i saw so many questions of people asking for a free pass.

I strongly recommend it to all ZEN pinball fans..