Vote on your favorite in-game pinball camera!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skode
    Pinball Wizard
    • Jul 2011

I use 5 almost exclusively on all tables. As long as that remains on all future tables then ive no complaints about camera angles.

Comment

• Tap Twist Snap
      • Oct 2011

I'm in the minority. I'm a 2 user and wouldn't want any changes to it at all. Great view!

Comment

• Bababooeyville
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tap Twist Snap
        I'm in the minority. I'm a 2 user and wouldn't want any changes to it at all. Great view!
        Me too. It really makes the game come alive
        Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

• satch
          • Feb 2010

I have been using 1w for the last few games on SL and one of the new multi ball views seems to be this same view so you can play an entire game with no switching views.

Comment

• xNiCeGuYx
            • Nov 2011

I use view 4 or 7 depends if 7 is available. View 7 on every table would be great.

Comment

• lorsdky
              • Jan 2011

I alternate between 1,1w and 6 on certain tables. But give me a #6 view with a 25% close-up it would be impeccable.

TV- 42inch plasma

Comment

• Danzig
                • Nov 2011

view

Yes Zen, as others have stated, give us the option to rotate the view for us that are serious about pinball and can play on a vertical screen. It's not that big of a request as some other games have that simple option.

Comment

• Dalek Nation
                  • Dec 2010

Sorry to be negative, but this poll makes no sense. I use 3, 4, 5, and 1w for different tables. Favorite angle depends on the table.

On the subject of cameras... could we get an option to NOT go to "6" in multiball? In multi all I care about are the flippers, making "1w" an obvious choice for me. I don't care about whats going on on the ENTIRE TABLE when all I want to do is hit each ball on the sweet spot and keep them alive.

I understand why people like 6, but it is my LEAST favorite... flippers, man, FLIPPERS! Why hide the most important parts in a tiny section at the bottom of the screen?

Comment

• brighton rock
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tap Twist Snap
                    I'm really surprised at how low this view is ranking. I've tried every view and this is the one I keep coming back to. It gives you an up-close and detailed view, but still allows you to see what you're shooting at.

Comment

• Bababooeyville
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by brighton rock
                      I'm really surprised at how low this view is ranking. I've tried every view and this is the one I keep coming back to. It gives you an up-close and detailed view, but still allows you to see what you're shooting at.
                      Tell me about, its the view I use on every table. I felt like a weirdo ar first so its good to see others coming out of the closet
                      Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

• ND3G
                        • Aug 2011

Well I finally got to play Zen Pinball with a 90 degree rotated view (via my iphone) and it is fantastic!

I pretty much gave up playing FX2 on 360 because the inability to rotate the screen annoys me to no end.

Comment

• Lodan
                          • Dec 2011

Well I recently bought the Core Pack when it was on sale during Thanksgiving Week; and I have been playing mostly on View 4 as it provides (imho) the most accurate view you would have while you are actually using a pinball table. When the ball is near the flippers you are looking down at the Flippers, and when it goes further up the table, the camera tilts up in much the same way your head would. However by View 4, I am talking about the view 4 found on the Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, Pasha, and Rome Tables.
                          I have noticed while trying to demo other tables such as Sorcerer's Lair and Ms Splosion Man, that the View 4 has been replaced by a modified View 6 (or practically the same) and that View 7 seems to have the same camera physics as View 4 had. Also while trying to demo Captain America it seems that the View 4 that I came to love is virtually non-existent. While a top-down view might be ok for some, I like a bit of zoom so I can actually see more of the action on the limited 16:9 ratio screen that I'm using (I assume it would be better viewed on a 4:3 ratio Standard Definition Screen for table length viewing).
                          Everyone will have their own opinions about the best view, and I love the fact that there are multiple views to choose from.
                          Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
                          Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

• pwanus
                            • Dec 2011

I use a different view on each table but I like 5 pretty well.

I would like to vote for the Zen people to include a full table vertical view. I would buy a new TV and mount it vertically just for this view.

I'd love something like this running FX2: http://www.instructables.com/id/Digi...nball-Machine/

Comment

• HardcorePinballGamer4Life
                              • Nov 2011

View 6 for me; it's reminiscent to Full View Camera 3 on Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection. I like to look at the whole table as it looks more natural to real pinball. View 4 (on the newest tables) is similar but too far away by comparison. Views 1 and 1w are a decent second place for me since that view is easier to get ramp shots on.

The other camera views don't do it for me. With the exception of some tables on Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection, I'm not really a fan of close-up views of the tables; close-up views on the Zen Studios pinball games feel too clunky to me, especially.
                              Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 12-06-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• joyrider3774
                                Pinhead
                                • Jan 2011

It probably depends if you play on cabinet it will probably be view 2 on my desktop not sure which one i use

Comment

Working...