• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UranusIsBroken
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
    StormtrooperMX19 takes on Dracula -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GGph...&feature=feedu
    Wow. He scored over a quarter billion in wizard mode.

Comment

• Womble
      • Nov 2010

Blade

Hypno74 does the same:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

6 million per shot. Makes every other mode totally redundant. I won't be bothering wasting time with 200K shots in Hannibal Multiball anymore...

(Note the very nice use of dead flipper passes for ball control in timed situations.)

Spiderman

StormtrooperMX19 gets the (wretched) Smart Move/Clever Fighter trophy/cheevo:

Smart MoveYou can get this Trophy when a pumpkin bomb ball explodes in one of Doctor Octopus' tentacles on Spider-Man table.Visithttp://www.ps3trophies.org/C...

Wolverine

StormtrooperMX19 gets the Adamantium Bond/Adamantium Skeleton trophy/cheevo:

Adamantium BondedFind Adamantium and complete a successful bonding process on the Wolverine table!Visithttp://www.ps3trophies.org/Check The Best Trophy Guide...
      Last edited by Womble; 07-11-2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
        • Jan 2011

Maybe it's just me, but suddenly some of the top scores...don't seem as impressive. Now, I'm not taking anything away from someone that gets to wizard mode, much less completes it. However, knowing that a large percentage of their score came from a mode lasting a couple minutes, versus all the time it took to get there.... I dunno. Just takes a little off for me. *shrug*

Comment

• heathenSauce
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by UranusIsBroken
          Maybe it's just me, but suddenly some of the top scores...don't seem as impressive. Now, I'm not taking anything away from someone that gets to wizard mode, much less completes it. However, knowing that a large percentage of their score came from a mode lasting a couple minutes, versus all the time it took to get there.... I dunno. Just takes a little off for me. *shrug*
          That's kinda the whole point of wizard modes though. They provide a significant reward for progressing the table and clearing all the missions. The tables I enjoy the most are the ones where completing the missions and progressing to wizard mode and winning are a significant reward. That way I have incentive to play all the different and varied modes ZEN's tables have to offer. Without that payout for completing the missions and wizard mode, all you have is grinding out one mode, or one series of shots for the best score potential.

Yes, for some of these tables a large portion of the scores are going to come from wizard modes, and you can like it or not, I'm not going to say your opinion is invalid, but for me, table modes and mission progression are meaningless if there isn't a worthwhile payout at the end to reward completion.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by heathenSauce
            That's kinda the whole point of wizard modes though. They provide a significant reward for progressing the table and clearing all the missions. The tables I enjoy the most are the ones where completing the missions and progressing to wizard mode and winning are a significant reward. That way I have incentive to play all the different and varied modes ZEN's tables have to offer. Without that payout for completing the missions and wizard mode, all you have is grinding out one mode, or one series of shots for the best score potential.

Yes, for some of these tables a large portion of the scores are going to come from wizard modes, and you can like it or not, I'm not going to say your opinion is invalid, but for me, table modes and mission progression are meaningless if there isn't a worthwhile payout at the end to reward completion.
            I see your point. I suppose my opinion is biased based on the fact that I've only reached wizard mode four times, and two of them were in one game of Wolverine. LOL I guess all my scores are the result of grinding out the table in general. Most of the tables I play like Biolab and Captain America...really don't let you grind a mode because once you complete it, it's unavailable until you go through wizard mode. However, tables like Wolverine or SoTD will let you beat up a mode over and over again. I don't enjoy that approach, however, so it's not part of my game. I'm not a guy that's going to make hay on a table until I've spent an obscene amount of time on it. I'm just not a natural.

Comment

• Cloda
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2010

I see your point. I suppose my opinion is biased based on the fact that I've only reached wizard mode four times, and two of them were in one game of Wolverine. LOL I guess all my scores are the result of grinding out the table in general. Most of the tables I play like Biolab and Captain America...really don't let you grind a mode because once you complete it, it's unavailable until you go through wizard mode. However, tables like Wolverine or SoTD will let you beat up a mode over and over again. I don't enjoy that approach, however, so it's not part of my game. I'm not a guy that's going to make hay on a table until I've spent an obscene amount of time on it. I'm just not a natural.
              I for one really love the idea of playing through a table, reaching wizard mode and getting the big reward. No point in understating it... I absolutely hate the idea of grinding any mode and as a result all the tables that have that option tend to not be my favourites or my scores on them are never going to reach the mega Billions. I'm just glad that Zen is going to change the tournament structure away from super long games.

The risk in general is much higher playing through all the different modes to reach wizard mode because you are exposing yourself to all the different bounces and angles that the ball can come at you.... so the award for reaching and completing Wizard mode should be worth its proverbial weight in gold.

I know Wolverine has spamming opportunities but yesterday I had two really good games for me on it and I learned a valuable lesson in my second game for not playing the table to its full strategic potential. In the first game I reached Wizard mode twice and had a score of 750 mil, in the second game I reached the Wizard mode four (or even 5 times... can't remember exactly) and to my dismay my score was not as ridiculously high as I thought it was going to be, only 950 mil (which is my highest score so I am still very happy). The big difference I realised is that in my first game I went for Adamantium ball which can result in up to a 4x wizard mode boost and in the second game I didn't because I followed advise that said it is risky (which it is) because you lose your kickbacks and claw save. If you are going to spam the table e.g. Sentinel mission, well then time is going to be the factor because you can keep claw save activated indefinitely but it is definitely not as rewarding as playing through the wizard mode.

I really love Biolab, completely understands blue's brilliant strategy but just don't have the skills and am not able to have a long enough game (yet!!!) to fully make use of it. I really respect the high scores on that table because I can see anything is possible with its scoring strategy potential.

I don't believe I am a natural because I have spent obscene amounts of time on this game and none of my scores have come easily. I am constantly improving though and am finding it much easier now to do well on a new table. My goal from the beginning (after I learned what Wizard mode was) was to reach and finish all the tables wizard modes (only newer ones). I'm too scared to see how much time I have spent on each table... I am sure I have reached 30 hours on some of them

Apologies for the long post again... if you knew me in real live you would know that I suffer from a bad case of verbal diarrhoea
              Last edited by Cloda; 07-11-2011, 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling and added some points
              XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Womble
                • Nov 2010

Wolverine

StormtrooperMX19 takes on Sabretooth, gets the Healing Factor Overloaded/Mutant Beater trophy/cheevo:

Healing Factor OverloadedEngage Sabretooth in battle and defeat him on the Wolverine table! Visithttp://www.ps3trophies.org/Check The Best Trophy Guide For M...

Iron Man

StormtrooperMX19 gets the Living Legend/Tony Stark trophy/cheevo:

Tony Stark, Living LegendComplete all Tony Stark's missions on Iron Man table! Visithttp://www.ps3trophies.org/Check The Best Trophy Guide and Road Map For M...

Comment

• satch
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Cloda
                  I know Wolverine has spamming opportunities but yesterday I had two really good games for me on it and I learned a valuable lesson in my second game for not playing the table to its full strategic potential. In the first game I reached Wizard mode twice and had a score of 750 mil, in the second game I reached the Wizard mode four (or even 5 times... can't remember exactly) and to my dismay my score was not as ridiculously high as I thought it was going to be, only 950 mil (which is my highest score so I am still very happy).
                  Yeah thanks for slaughtering my hi score on this table, and the only table that i for a little while had an higher score on than you

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by satch
                    Yeah thanks for slaughtering my hi score on this table, and the only table that i for a little while had an higher score on than you
                    That's ok. I only have 2 people on this entire forum on my friends list thus far...Cloda and Rapier. I went from having the ribbon/medal on every table, to having it on ONE. The rest... I'm not even in the same ******* ballpark, the same league, I'm not even sure it's even the same ******* sport.

LOL I love Pulp Fiction. What a great table that would be. That AND Reservoir Dogs.

Comment

• Nekro Neko
                      • Oct 2010

That's ok. I only have 2 people on this entire forum on my friends list thus far...Cloda and Rapier. I went from having the ribbon/medal on every table, to having it on ONE. The rest... I'm not even in the same ******* ballpark, the same league, I'm not even sure it's even the same ******* sport.

LOL I love Pulp Fiction. What a great table that would be. That AND Reservoir Dogs.
                      You did have me on there as well before and you could have me again.

Okay, up to date.
                      Last edited by Nekro Neko; 07-12-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Cloda
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by satch
                        Sorry man... on my friends list I think I'm about 7th.

I don't even have one ribbon/medal on any of the tables. I'm more or less around 10-15 spot on my friends list and only on a couple of tables am I in the top 10. Talk about a steep challenge
                        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• steviej
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Cloda
                          I don't even have one ribbon/medal on any of the tables. I'm more or less around 10-15 spot on my friends list and only on a couple of tables am I in the top 10. Talk about a steep challenge
                          Sounds familiar. I have Hypno74 on my list... 'Everytime' (read: that one time) I get a score higher than his , I get a friendly "well played, Steviej". And 2 days later, he's tripled it
                          Trophy Guides

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by steviej
                            Sounds familiar. I have Hypno74 on my list... 'Everytime' (read: that one time) I get a score higher than his , I get a friendly "well played, Steviej". And 2 days later, he's tripled it
                            LMAO I know how THAT feels. I JUST scored 271M on Secrets of the Deep, enough to overtake Rapier and his 267M. But I forgot that I added Cloda recently, and I'm 306M shy of his mark, so....no ribbon for me. LOL
                            The only tables I'm beating Cloda at are the ones he absolutely refuses to even play. LOL

The ONLY table I have a ribbon on, is Excalibur. I have 297M on that, and it's probably safe for a brief moment or two.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Nekro Neko
                              You did have me on there as well before and you could have me again.

Okay, up to date.
                              I tried sending you a request, but it would appear you have too many friends already, and no room for me. :-p Just got 488M on SoTD. Just 89M more and I'd have had Cloda. :-p God...that game took FOREVER.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                                Writer of Guides
                                • Apr 2011

Hypno74 uploaded this earlier -

Marvel pinball : Hero of pinball ?

Guess this is the congrats screen when you do everything for the 4 core Marvel Pinball tables.
                                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Working...