X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UranusIsBroken
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by rapierdwit
    He is referring to someone who tends to play the tables, "break them" (find the best scoring chance and exploit the crap out of it), and use that to make up for his lack of skill in actual virtual pinball. Not sure if Airstrike Multiball actually gives 100m when maxed out on 360 but it is still the way to go for best points on ED.
    You know, my high score on ED is like, 117M. Today, on my first game of ED, I got the "LOCK IS LIT" for my skill shot. I started the Airstrike Multiball and trapped two balls on the left flipper. With ball on the right flipper, I beat the crap out of the left ramp repeatedly. I finished the mod with a score of 108M. Do you know I didn't top my high score?

However, the most important part is, I got over 100M on the multiball, and didn't even know it. I couldn't believe my score after that mode. It didn't feel like I had to hit that many shots to get it either.

Comment

• Womble
      • Nov 2010

UIB is a dirty fibber.

AirStrike Multiball will not give you 100 million points for 10 loop shots or so. Nor can you keep on doing this by nailing the Invasion captive ball a few times during multiball.

Don't even try it kids. It's not going to happen. Best not play Earth Defense at all.

Better go play Rocky & Bullwinkle instead. Leave Earth Defense to those of who like tiny scores.

Comment

• suikostinger
        • Jun 2011

Can't wait for a guide for this table. I have a total of 10 tables unlocked...I have all tables unlocked except 4....(you come up with how many I have unlocked because I can't remember exactly how many in total there are.) With about 10 tables unlocked I only truely know how to play 4. But I got Captain America table last night and I'm loving it. I could care less about about the other tables I have yet to play that I have unlocked. I rather play this table without knowing a thing rather than learning the other tables. I like how open the table is, and it's a "war" table. Chop chop guys get a guide together because I'm too newb to do it. So newb that I get excited about my measly 41m on Excalibur.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Womble
          UIB is a dirty fibber.

AirStrike Multiball will not give you 100 million points for 10 loop shots or so. Nor can you keep on doing this by nailing the Invasion captive ball a few times during multiball.

Don't even try it kids. It's not going to happen. Best not play Earth Defense at all.

Better go play Rocky & Bullwinkle instead. Leave Earth Defense to those of who like tiny scores.
          I am telling you right now, I played a game today where the lock was lit right off the start of the game resulting from the skill shot. I IMMEDIATELY started the Air Strike Multiball, having completed ZERO missions prior. When the mode timed out, I had over 100M. Now, my sarcasm sensor might be a little wonky at this hour, but I can tell you definitively that I socred 100M on the Airstrike Multiball this morning. As for the Invasion captive ball, I cannot speak. I never tried to hit it as I had two balls trapped on the left flipper, and since the flipper was upright, I could not attempt that shot with the right flipper with out drilling the ball into the underside of the flipper and draining it. :-p

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by suikostinger
            Can't wait for a guide for this table. I have a total of 10 tables unlocked...I have all tables unlocked except 4....(you come up with how many I have unlocked because I can't remember exactly how many in total there are.) With about 10 tables unlocked I only truely know how to play 4. But I got Captain America table last night and I'm loving it. I could care less about about the other tables I have yet to play that I have unlocked. I rather play this table without knowing a thing rather than learning the other tables. I like how open the table is, and it's a "war" table. Chop chop guys get a guide together because I'm too newb to do it. So newb that I get excited about my measly 41m on Excalibur.
            Welcome to pinball bliss. LOL You'll have all the tables soon enough. Lots to learn, but it's a fun journey. Exaclibur is one of my favorite tables. I scored 297M on it once, and haven't come close since. EVen when you finally put up a whopper...it can be tough to get back there.

Comment

• Cloda
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2010

Just read through the first impressions thread for Captain America as everything is discussed there. The tables ingame rulesheet also covers everything really well. A guide will also be posted on the Marvel pinball web-site soon I suspect so keep an eye on that.
              XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Womble
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by UranusIsBroken
                I am telling you right now, I played a game today where the lock was lit right off the start of the game resulting from the skill shot.
                I was kidding, guy.

Yes, Hypno74's tactic (or was it StevieJ's?) does work. But the scoring is slightly different from the PS3 version. You need about 10 shots on the loops to build up to 100 million.

If you get the "Hurry Up!" sound effect, then Invasion is coming. So you might as well ping away at the captive ball unless you are close to the 100 million, because Invasion will interrupt you anyway. It's much easier to stop Invasion during multiball, than to try and restart multiball through that horrendous Flyover ramp shot. (The goal here is to repeatedly score 100mil in the same multiball.)

Hypno74 spams the right ramp, but I find that shot a bit tricky on the move, preferring the left ramp. And sometimes I'll just let the third ball drain; it's easier that way.

If you aren't awarded Lock Lit from the the skillshot, you can earn it easily enough:

1. Hit the left ramp, then right ramp (or vice versa).

2. Hit the flashing mission shot. (If the mission shot is the Flyover ramp, good luck. I never bother going for that shot.)

3. Hit the left ramp and the right ramp again (or vice versa). Lock will now be lit.

(There are no time limits for any of the above. And if you flub a ramp shot, just do it again.)
                Last edited by Womble; 07-09-2011, 09:37 AM. Reason: ramps, not orbits.

Comment

• Nekro Neko
                  • Oct 2010

I could care less
                  And just how much less could you care for it then?

Sorry pet peeve.

Comment

• rapierdwit
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Womble
                    I was kidding, guy.

Yes, Hypno74's tactic (or was it StevieJ's?) does work. But the scoring is slightly different from the PS3 version. You need about 10 shots on the loops to build up to 100 million.

If you get the "Hurry Up!" sound effect, then Invasion is coming. So you might as well ping away at the captive ball unless you are close to the 100 million, because Invasion will interrupt you anyway. It's much easier to stop Invasion during multiball, than to try and restart multiball through that horrendous Flyover ramp shot. (The goal here is to repeatedly score 100mil in the same multiball.)

Hypno74 spams the right ramp, but I find that shot a bit tricky on the move, preferring the left ramp. And sometimes I'll just let the third ball drain; it's easier that way.

If you aren't awarded Lock Lit from the the skillshot, you can earn it easily enough:

1. Hit the left ramp, then right ramp (or vice versa).

2. Hit the flashing mission shot. (If the mission shot is the Flyover ramp, good luck. I never bother going for that shot.)

3. Hit the left ramp and the right ramp again (or vice versa). Lock will now be lit.

(There are no time limits for any of the above. And if you flub a ramp shot, just do it again.)
                    Geez, just tell them how to restart Airstrike Multi-ball if they lose the multiball while you are at it I can't belive the king of sarcasm UIB missed your sarcasm in your original post

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by rapierdwit
                      Geez, just tell them how to restart Airstrike Multi-ball if they lose the multiball while you are at it I can't belive the king of sarcasm UIB missed your sarcasm in your original post
                      It was late, dammit!

And I don't know what you're talking about. What's....sar....sar....sarcasm? Sar-casm. Is that related to "orgasm?"

Comment

• Nekro Neko
                        • Oct 2010

Uranus you arse, I alphabetise the list and you don't say a word, jeez, and you were so grumpy about it too. Man, the thanks you get from these ingrates these days...

I R Serious

Comment

• Womble
                          • Nov 2010

Iron Man

StormtrooperMX19 takes on Ultimo and prevails:

UltimoDestroy Ultimo on Iron Man table!Visithttp://www.ps3trophies.org/Check The Best Trophy Guide and Road Map For Marvel Pinball made it by Vyrastashttp://...

Complete with Benny Hill soundtrack. (No buxom, scantily clad nurses though, more's the pity.)

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Nekro Neko
                            Uranus you arse, I alphabetise the list and you don't say a word, jeez, and you were so grumpy about it too. Man, the thanks you get from these ingrates these days...

I R Serious
                            LOL If you change your GT to "I R Serious," I'll apologize.

P.S. I did notice. But it was so worth not saying anything to be called an arse. LOL It looks exactly the way it should have to begin with. :-p

P.S.S I wasn't really grumpy. Just givin' you a rough ride. I'm far from an ingrate. I appreciate the time you put into stuff like this...even if only a little. :-p
                            Last edited by UranusIsBroken; 07-10-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                              • Jan 2011

By the way, since Cloda did the table guide for SoTD, I think he should do the video guide too. I mean....Ironman....that's cool and all but... SoTD! Or even Earth Defense! LOL

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                                Writer of Guides
                                • Apr 2011

StormtrooperMX19 takes on Dracula -

Glorious SunshineComplete all stages of the Final Mission and defeat Dracula on Blade.Visithttp://www.ps3trophies.org/Check The Best Trophy Guide For Marvel ...
                                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Working...