X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nekro Neko
    • Oct 2010

Various Videos, Hints and Tips

Here is the list of videos for each table. Please only use Youtube as a video host, this is for consistancy.

AGENTS
    Achievement: Reliable - PhantomAudio83
    Achievement: Teamwork - PhantomAudio83
    Achievement: Sniper - PhantomAudio83

BIOLAB
    Mission: Reflex Upgrade - PhantomAudio83
    Mission: Wisdom Upgrade - PhantomAudio83

BLADE
    Wizard Mode - StormtrooperMX19
    Wizard Mode - Hypno74

BUCCANEER

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    Gameplay: Start to Finish - OzV1
    Wizard Mode - Hypno74
    Achievements - StormtrooperMx19
    Starting A Mission - StormtrooperMx19
    Super Skillshot: Saving Bucky - StormtrooperMx19
    Extra Ball: Supply Drop - StormtrooperMx19

EARTH DEFENSE
    Table Exploit: Airstrike Multiball - Hypno74*

Epic Quest

EXCALIBUR
    Achievement: Renowned Knight - PhantomAudio83
    Mission: Questing Beast Mode - Hypno74*

EXTREME
    Achievement: Street Artist - PhantomAudio83
    Achievement: King of the Playground - PhantomAudio83
    Achievement: Skybencher - PhantomAudio83

FANTASTIC FOUR
    Start to Finish - Cloda
    Trophies/Achievements - StormtrooperMx19*
    Gameplay + 40x Bonus Exploit - Hypno74*

GHOST RIDER
    Gameplay: Start to Finish - Hypno74*

IRON MAN
    Gameplay: Start to Finish |Pt 1|Pt 2|Pt 3| - Cloda
    Achievement: Tony Stark - StOrMtRoOpErMx19
    Wizard Mode - StormtrooperMX19
    Wizard Mode - OzV1

MARS
    Achievement: Archeologist - PhantomAudio83
    Mission: Pyramid - Hypno74*
    Wizard Mode - Hypno74*

Moon Knight
    Gameplay: Scoring Big - Hypno74*

NIGHTMARE MANSION

PARANORMAL
    Trophies/Achievements? - Hypno74*
    Mission: Haunted House - Hypno74*

PASHA
    Gameplay: Start to Finish - Nekro Neko
    Extra Ball, Elixer method - Paranoid User
    Achievement: Desert Explorer - PhantomAudio83
    Achievement: Legendary Swordsman - PhantomAudio83
    Achievement: Story Teller - PhantomAudio83
    Table Feature: Magnet Minigame (Controller View) - PhantomAudio83

ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE

ROME
    Gameplay: Start to Finish |Pt 1|Pt 2| - OzV1

SECRETS OF THE DEEP

SORCERER'S LAIR
    Gameplay - Hypno74*

SPEED MACHINE

SPIDER-MAN
    Achievement: Clever Fighter - StormtrooperMX19
    Achievement: Clone Chaos - StormtrooperMX19
    Table Exploit, 62m orbits - Hypno74*

STREET FIGHTER II TRIBUTE
    Achievement: World Warrior - StormtrooperMX19
    Bison Fight + Extra Ball - Hypno74*

THOR
    Gameplay: Start to Finish - Hypno74*
    Gameplay: High Scoring Strategy - TommyCyBeRRoy
    Table Feature: Lightning Combo - Hypno74*

WOLVERINE
    Achievement: Mutant Beater - PhantomAudio83
    Achievement: Mutant Beater - StOrMtRoOpErMx19
    Achievement: Adamantium Skeleton - PhantomAudio83
    Table Feature: SNIKT - Cloda

X-MEN
    Wizard Mode: Phoenix - Hypno74*
    Wizard Mode: Sentinel - Hypno74*

Tips
    Basic pinball skills - OzV1
    Flynn's Kickbacks, Multipliers, Ball Saves and Extra Balls Thread

General Reviews
    Classic Game Room - |Pt 1| Pt 2|

Thanks to, Paranoid User, Cloda and Womble for their input.

*Score made on Zen Pinball, physics can be significantly different.
    Last edited by Nekro Neko; 03-10-2012, 01:28 PM. Reason: Added a few extra bits
  • Nekro Neko
    • Oct 2010

booking this space incase I may need it

Comment

• Nekro Neko
      • Oct 2010

and a final space, just to be safe

Comment

• Nekro Neko
        • Oct 2010

I'm making a call out for anyone to provide some video guides either to get high scores, start to finish playing all modes, or just doing special shots and showing how to do certain techniques like the back handers or a Bang back.

I'll probably add some myself.

Comment

• Womble
          • Nov 2010

Captain America - wizard mode by Hypno74

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Captain America - Trophies by StormtrooperMx19

Sorcerer's Lair - by Hypno74

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mars - Pyramid mission by Hypno74

Excalibur - 5 Million by Hypno74

Note: PS3 version. Physics are different on 360, you probably won't be able to trap the ball like Hypno does. The basic concept remains the same, though.

Street Fighter II - Bison Fight and Extra Ball, by Hypno74

Earth Defense - high scoring by Hypno74

Note: PS3 version. The subway skillshot is not available in Pinball FX 2 so you'll have to light Air Strike Multiball Ball Locks the long way (by hitting alternating ramp shots).

Paranormal - Trophies by Hypno74

Paranormal - Haunted House by Hypno74

Fantastic Four - Missions and Trophies by StormtrooperMx19

Speed Machine - 306 million by MightySquirrel

Biolab - Reflex Upgrade by PhantomAudio83

Biolab - Wisdom Upgrade by PhantomAudio83

Agents - Reliable Cheevo by PhantomAudio83

Agents - Teamwork Cheevo by PhantomAudio83

Agents - Sniper Mission by PhantomAudio83

Extreme - Street Artist Cheevo by PhantomAudio83

Extreme - King of the Playground Cheevo by PhantomAudio83

Extreme - Skybencher Cheevo by PhantomAudio83

PAPA real life pinball tutorials and tournament plays:

Hosts of the World Pinball Championships and Pinburgh Match-Play Championship.

Chris Bucci - "The Pinball Collector" real life pinball reviews

This channel is dedicated to TurboGrafx-16 / TurboDuo reviews and Pinball machine overviews with a dose of nostalgia, history and memories! Thanks for viewing my videos and I hope you enjoy them! I will continue making "review" and "quickie" videos for stuff in my gameroom and for the ongoing series "TURBOVIEWS" (where every U.S. TurboGrafx game will eventually be covered!). Make sure to subscribe! Thanks all!
          Last edited by Womble; 07-04-2011, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
            • Jan 2011

I don't understand the reasoning behind identical tables playing differently on FX2 versus Zen Pinball. It makes ZERO sense. It makes any kinds of comparisons from a scoring perspective completely irrelevant between the two. I really have to scratch my head at why the two suites are different in terms of playability. You DEFINITELY cannot trap the ball coming out of the mission hole on Excalibur in the 360 version. It comes down with entirely too much heat. Something as simply as that VASTLY changes how the game plays.

My recommendation, for the purposes of this thread, is to only permit videos where what is shown, is possible on the 360 version. That is...if you're going to use a video from the PS3's Zen Pinball, make sure the technique illustrated is feasible on the corresponding FX2 table. Unless of course, you simply want to show the general process.

Oh, and for the record, the Earth Defense exploit, is gay.

Awesome thread, however, Has a ton of potential.
            Last edited by UranusIsBroken; 07-04-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Womble
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by UranusIsBroken
              I don't understand the reasoning behind identical tables playing differently on FX2 versus Zen Pinball.
              It appears the underlying engines have changed over time. Or at the very least, their usage has changed in individual tables.

Potted history and pre-history:

2007 - Pinball FX released. Features some spotty physics and a ping-pong ball. Flipper trapping is unconvincing. UI is rather basic and unappealing. Tables are a good first try, but rudimentary.

2009 - Zen Pinball released. Ping-pong physics and flipper trapping remain, but the included tables are noticeably superior to Pinball FX's initial offerings. UI, overall presentation and feature set is far beyond Pinball FX's. The ball displays noticeable (and unrealistic) spin. 360 users feel a little jealous.

2010 - Pinball FX 2 released. Appears to use a new or modified physics engine. Included tables are generally superior to previous efforts. Flipper trapping feels much more realistic, the ball's spin is more accurate, and the UI has been greatly overhauled. Many features added. Original Pinball FX 1 tables modified slightly, can be re-downloaded. PS3 users feel a little jealous.

Late 2010 - Marvel Pinball released for PS3 as a standalone app, and as tables for Pinball FX 2. Appears to use the same physics engine on both consoles. (i.e. uses the same engine as Pinball FX 2.)

[rampant speculation ahead]

2012 - "convergence" of Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball to be released for PS3. Let's call it Zen Pinball 2 for now. Huzzah. Presumably will use (at least) the physics engine from Marvel/Pinball FX 2. Guess: original Zen Pinball tables may be upgraded to suit, as Pinball FX 1 tables were.

2012 - Pinball FX 2.5 released. At this point, Pinball FX and Zen Pinball are probably functionally similar, using the same physics engine, featuring much the same content (apart from platform exclusives).

Early 2012 - Zen Pinball 2 (or some platform like it) to be released for PC. To paraphrase Michelasso:

... as soon as it hits the PC market there will be millions of players and dozens of buyers...
              Editorial: PC users will complain about having to pay $2.99 for DLC "when it should have been included in the purchase price", will complain about "console-itis" and "being dumbed down", have problems maintaining 60fps on their 8 year old PC and thus will blame "lazy developers", and will use all this as a justification for pirating it.

Early to mid 2012 - ZP2 to be released for PS Vita.

Late 2012 - ZP2 to be released for Wii U.

Oh, and for the record, the Earth Defense exploit, is gay.
              Probably why they removed it in the 360 version.

However, the basic concept is still there. It's just that you have to work harder to start Air Strike Multiball.

And, it is a risk-reward thing: you can build up your Jackpot value, but you only score when you hit the Jackpot itself. And you have to ensure that you do this quickly enough so that Invasion doesn't interrupt the festivities.

I'm not entirely sure the Jackpot values in the 360 version are accurate. I'm almost certain it's been telling me my Jackpot values are far higher than what is being awarded. They seem to be out by an extra digit...

Another problem with Earth Defense is being awarded Locks as the skillshot. That really does make it worthwhile to simply restart the game until you get Locks, which is not something I want in a pinball.

(Maybe this could be fixed with a credits-unlocking system, like Pinball Hall of Fame's?)
              Last edited by Womble; 07-04-2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                • Jan 2011

I love Earth Defense, but the Invasion deal is quite annoying. If you hit the captive ball when everything's going swimmingly, it brings the invasion closer. If you hit it again...it brings it CLOSER. In fact the only way to really prevent it, is hitting it within a very small window. My score on ED is decent, but mostly because I don't spam the daylights out of the Airstrike Multiball like a certain individual whose name I won't mention. :-p

Comment

• Nekro Neko
                  • Oct 2010

I love Earth Defense, but the Invasion deal is quite annoying. If you hit the captive ball when everything's going swimmingly, it brings the invasion closer. If you hit it again...it brings it CLOSER. In fact the only way to really prevent it, is hitting it within a very small window. My score on ED is decent, but mostly because I don't spam the daylights out of the Airstrike Multiball like a certain individual whose name I won't mention. :-p
                  South African by any chance?

I'll update this at some point tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                    • Jan 2011

South African? No. Quarter each German, Polish, Irish, and Scottish. That means I'm an American. LOL

Comment

• Womble
                      • Nov 2010

Death Kitty was referring to Cloda, a known score hacker, South African and ramp grinder.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Womble
                        Death Kitty was referring to Cloda, a known score hacker, South African and ramp grinder.
                        LOL i see.

Comment

• rapierdwit
                          • Jan 2011

My score on ED is decent, but mostly because I don't spam the daylights out of the Airstrike Multiball like a certain individual whose name I won't mention. :-p
                          He is referring to someone who tends to play the tables, "break them" (find the best scoring chance and exploit the crap out of it), and use that to make up for his lack of skill in actual virtual pinball. Not sure if Airstrike Multiball actually gives 100m when maxed out on 360 but it is still the way to go for best points on ED.

Comment

• rapierdwit
                            • Jan 2011

There is a video of Purple Vomit taking it to Speed Machine on Youtube. It is pre-PFX2 and some of the nauances have been changed (the kick from the mission hole, for one) but it is still a great video.

Comment

• heathenSauce
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rapierdwit
                              He is referring to someone who tends to play the tables, "break them" (find the best scoring chance and exploit the crap out of it), and use that to make up for his lack of skill in actual virtual pinball. Not sure if Airstrike Multiball actually gives 100m when maxed out on 360 but it is still the way to go for best points on ED.
                              Airstrike Multiball does pay out 100M on the 360 version using the same method of doubling the jackpot via the ramps.

Comment

Working...