Thread: Captain America [merged]

Default Captain America [merged]

The Captain America trailer and images are up on Kotaku.

I have to say on first impression it looks extremely disappointing. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Here's the link
    http://uk.kotaku.com/5812031/when-ca...nball/gallery/
    Last edited by kimkom; 06-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I for one love the way the table looks. I just hope it plays well and is not another Iron Man... everyone knows what I mean by that.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Here's a link to the article and trailer.

http://kotaku.com/5812031

Looks great to me... Can't wait to give it whirl

I absolutely love the WWII theme.

Looks like there is plenty going on, on the table. I'm sure that it will be great to play because it looks really good. The movement of the characters seems to be even better than on the existing tables. Now we'll just have to wait till the 29th.... don't know why ZEN torture us like that

Nice, table 20 will be here soon, we should celebrate this anniversary by having a pinball tournament!

Be warned... you shouldn't.... stare.... at... his.... tight.... pants!!! It WILL hurt your eyes... shame on you ZEN!!! What about the poor children that have to play this game...

Anyways, I'm sure we'll all be able to look past it once the action starts on the 29th

The story and characters don't say anything to me. Next release, please be an original non-Marvel table (Sorcerer's Lair or Paranormal ASAP, please).

To balance Captain America and other American superheroes some Soviet or even Nazi stuff would be great Ok, Nazi stuff would be immediately banned at least in Germany. But something with a lighter/sarcastic nature, like Iron Sky

Talking Captain America

We are happy to unveil the Captain America table! Kotaku has a great overview of the table including trailers and description, check it out!

http://kotaku.com/buckyballs/5812031

crackervizzo

Lightbulb Marvel Guides By ShoryukenToTheChin Available on MarvelPinball.com

Just thought I would let you guys know that my Marvel Guides for the 5 released Tables - Spiderman, Wolverine, Blade, Iron Man & Fantastic Four

They are available on MarvelPinball.com Its in the News Section titled June 14th, 2011. This is where you can download the guide etc.

Direct Links -
    Fantastic Four Table Guide By ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Blade Table Guide By ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Iron Man Table Guide By ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Spiderman Table Guide By ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Wolverine Table Guide By ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 06-17-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Fixed Link

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I am looking forward to it

Day 1 purchase for me (unless I can find someway to win an early code)

That is one SEXY looking table. Damn. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    The Captain America trailer and images are up on Kotaku.

I have to say on first impression it looks extremely disappointing. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Here's the link
    http://uk.kotaku.com/5812031/when-ca...nball/gallery/
    I'm going to have to say emphatically that I do not share your opinion. Feel free to not purchase the table. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    The story and characters don't say anything to me. Next release, please be an original non-Marvel table (Sorcerer's Lair or Paranormal ASAP, please).

To balance Captain America and other American superheroes some Soviet or even Nazi stuff would be great Ok, Nazi stuff would be immediately banned at least in Germany. But something with a lighter/sarcastic nature, like Iron Sky
    American superheroes and comics go hand in hand. And in case you didn't know, this has German influence. Always remember. Superheroes=Americans. Everyone else=villains. It's just the way it works. LOL

It looks good! I'm a little concerned on that Red Skull ramp though. It looks like it's going to be a hard shot to make.

Looks interesting.

Spell out B-U-C-K-Y? Heh. But, at least we can see the letters this time, so that's a big plus. ;-)

Q. Who is the fruity guy with the golden crown and purple hair?

Want to see what Mel looks like?

(Warning! To witness Mel's good looks, you first have to suffer through a terrible 37 second intro/ad. And the interview itself is noisy, short and contains little new info.)

http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/201...arvel-pinball/

- there doesn't appear to be hidden rollover lanes. Hooray!

- the trompe l'oeil in the upper left looks like a cool backdrop for a mini-game. (The perspective doesn't fit in with the overall table, but that's a quibble.)

- captive ball in upper mid is interesting.

- liquids (toxic goo?) that slow the ball down.

Hmm

- Yet another upper flipper for cross-table shots. Getting a bit tired of this design...

- Also getting a bit tired of super-heroes and villain 3D models that just stand around on the table. Would prefer to see artwork integrated in to the tables rather than just (animated) toys plonked on top of the table.

I was never in to Capn America as a kid, and don't know any of the characters, but this is a day 1 pickup for me.
    Last edited by Womble; 06-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Awesome table! it looks great, although one thing stands out to me, how the ramps were designed look exactly how MARS is. ShoryukenToTheChin, amazing guides man, well typed and liked the picture figures. Hoping you make one for the Captain as well.

Default Duplicate?

Does anyone else see a similarity to this and the "Sorcerer's Lair" table?

If I can give my honest opinion; I am not really feeling this table at the moment. I didn't buy F4 either though.

I think I am waiting for a non-superhero table at the moment - an original theme maybe?

I might pick it up and I am sure it will be fun if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Awesome table! it looks great, although one thing stands out to me, how the ramps were designed look exactly how MARS is. ShoryukenToTheChin, amazing guides man, well typed and liked the picture figures. Hoping you make one for the Captain as well.
    Thank you so much m8, Im glad you liked the pictures which I used as I tried to link the guide to the picture. So the reader knew where the feature I was talking about was located.

Yes will defo be doing a Cap guide.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Thank you so much m8, Im glad you liked the pictures which I used as I tried to link the guide to the picture. So the reader knew where the feature I was talking about was located.

Yes will defo be doing a Cap guide.
    Also, in your post where you linked your guides, you mistaken your Spiderman link with the Ironman guide.

That table looks amazing

Wow. Love the look of this table. Cant wait to give it a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post

Hmm

- Yet another upper flipper for cross-table shots. Getting a bit tired of this design...

- Also getting a bit tired of super-heroes and villain 3D models that just stand around on the table. Would prefer to see artwork integrated in to the tables rather than just (animated) toys plonked on top of the table.

I was never in to Capn America as a kid, and don't know any of the characters, but this is a day 1 pickup for me.
    I will buy this day 1 but IMO after capt we need a break from Marvel, layouts do seem to be repeating though i guess theres only so much that you can do on a pinball table, also all the Marvel tables are along the lines of about 3 villains to beat followed by the hero's arch enemy in wizard mode. I don't know how but i think ZEN needs to try and bring a fresh approach to at least one of the later Marvel tables.
    But still good work ZEN and keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    I'm going to have to say emphatically that I do not share your opinion. Feel free to not purchase the table. :-p
    I'll certainly be using the trial option for the first time. We'll see how it goes but every other PFX2 table has been an automatic purchase for me. Sadly not this time.

I fear this may be another Iron Man.

Thumbs up

Thanks zen! Looks good imo and dont care about all tables having an upper flipper. The shots u make with those flippers all feel different to me. Like oasis, torch ramp and rooftops shot, they all have different timings and feels in my opinion. But there is no accounting for taste
    Ot: like the wooden look on the ramps. Dont know captain america at all, but Will probably buy this none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I fear this may be another Iron Man.
    Am I the only one that kinda likes iron man? (except for ultimo being so hard)

Cool

But! Im really tired of Marvel now. Watch out for Captain Overkill!

Want to see what Mel looks like?

(Warning! To witness Mel's good looks, you first have to suffer through a terrible 37 second intro/ad. And the interview itself is noisy, short and contains little new info.)

http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/201...arvel-pinball/

haha. remember, that is Thursday morning of E3 so be fair!

More interviews will be posting soon - podcast, written, video, etc so keep on the lookout. I think we are doing a good job of making pinball cool with the video game crowd, it's nice to have the phone ringing asking for interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by jop87 View Post
    Iron Man is one of my favorite tables. A little more linear with the missions than I would like, but I appreciate the challenge it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by jop87 View Post
    Iron Man has the single best innovation to video pinball that Zen has introduced so far: The way the Ramps light up/flash when you need to hit them. Zen needs to replicate this is future releases. They way you can know which ramp to hit at a glance is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Iron Man has the single best innovation to video pinball that Zen has introduced so far: The way the Ramps light up/flash when you need to hit them. Zen needs to replicate this is future releases. They way you can know which ramp to hit at a glance is perfect.
    About the only thing I like about that game. LOL I guess I'm a sucker for minigames, and things like knocking down targets in F4 & Earth Defense. Yeah, I know there are drop targets in front of Tony Stark on the Iron Man table...but still. I just...hate the goddam table. LOL

At any rate, I'm looking forward to this table for the time being. I do agree with others though, I could use a break from Marvel tables. I like the originals by Zen best. I think, when you have a table with a pre-existing story behind it, as all the Marvel characters do, the table becomes much more structured. I'd like to see them take an approach on a table similar to that of miniature golf, if you know what I mean. Would love to see some really outside the box thinking.

I always feel bad when I have criticisms for the tables, like I don't appreciate the hard work put into them, or that I don't enjoy them. Neither is the case. I just get a little disheartened by a lot of reoccurring layouts, and some of the bugs. Little things, really. I love pinball, and Zen's the best in the business. They have my support now and going forward...but I'll always be prone to layin' the hammer down when something's worthy of being hit by it.

Hey cracker (LOL), do you think there's any chance we can merge the two identically named Captain America threads?

Default Game and Leader board breaking glitches

Zen, I really really hope that you have given this table a proper beta test. I am very disappointed in the fact that Fantastic 4 was released with a game breaking glitch as well as a leader-board breaking glitch. I haven't played the table in about two weeks and I would so love to play it but until we actually know if you are going to wipe the leader-board or not and when the glitches are going to be fixed I just can't get myself to put an effort into it.

Please do your best to make sure that this table doesn't follow the same path.

Smile Forewarning?

well the last time i got excited for a new pinball table PSN ditched the scene for a month, hopefully that doesnt happen again. If there are free codes for anyone to try out the table b4 regualr release I would be ALL interested in participating in that

Thumbs up originals by Zen

Yeah please don't stop originals by Zen
    I like the Marvel tables too, just not as much

I agree. I don't enjoy *any* of the Marvel tables as much as I enjoy Zen's original tables. The originals just feel more like pinball to me.

I can't wait for this table to be released, I don't think Zen ever said they would strictly only be doing Marvel Themes. So orginal themes are coming.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I'm just not really a Marvel fan. Much more of a DC fan myself. I would take Green Lantern, Batman, The Flash and Wonder Woman over any Marvel character, but I do share the opinion that I much prefer the Zen originals.

Wait, aren't Green Lantern and The Flash part of the Marvel universe

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Pretty sure they're both DC properties.

I don't understand all the hate against the Marvel tables...

I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them... (Spider-man being the only Marvel table I rarely play and dislike... it's way too repetitive, spam this ramp, spam that ramp OVER and OVER)

I consider Blade Zen's current masterpiece. Iron Man and Wolverine are amazing as well. Yes, they are harder than Pasha/Biolab/SotD. I happen to enjoy the harder tables since they take more strategy and aim in shots rather than spamming a single (or two) ramp(s).

Fantastic Four is the closest thing we have to an actual 90's pinball machine complete with better sounds and a more realistic feel than previous offerings. 4 of the 5 Marvel tables are the fastest tables in FX2's library... which makes them really fun to play. Increased challenge is always welcome. I expect Captain America to be just as fast and unpredictable as FF.

Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to Paranormal and Sorcerer's Lair... they both look great. I love Zen's original tables. And no, I am not some sort of Marvel fanboy... I am just saying that I am not disappointed in another Marvel table release as it seems so many of you guys are. Remember... we are so fortunate to be on a monthly schedule for new releases. If this months offering doesn't strike you as completely awesome, nobody is forcing you to buy it... pass on it and wait for next months table. At the very least demo it, and decide from there.

I am just a fan of PINBALL. Plain and simple. Any new table is great news to my ears

And please... STOP telling Zen to hold off on new table releases because you would rather have them fix the minor glitches in previous releases.

It is already known that Zen plans on releasing a major update in the future for FX2 (aka FX 2.5) that should hopefully fix the minor/major gripes you guys have had with certain tables. I have them too

About the score glitching... only a handful of idiots are going to abuse the glitch to try and get up there on the leaderboards (a few even forum members )... for the months up until the inevitable patch and reset. There is no way they can possibly feel "good" about their scores. I would feel like a complete jackass if I posted a high score up like that. "Wow, you can time a drain, good job!" I can only assume that these small glitches take at least 1-3 months to sort out and then get sent thru the system. Zen is working on them...

I think most glitches could be discovered and sorted out pre-release if Zen called upon KG (me lol) and a select few other skilled forum members to help them beta test... HINT HINT

With that said, I am all for NEW content. I want Zen to create as many tables as humanly possible within the lifespan of FX2 to give us an awesome pinball library that we can go back to for many years to come. I can't wait to hear what new licenses Zen has picked up for future tables. I can only hope for some 90's action flick tables... Die Hard (I know technically 80's), Total Recall, Speed, Mission Impossible, The Rock, The Last Boy Scout, Matrix, Con Air. Also Zen's original re-imaginings of movies/TV shows previously made into pinball machines such as Terminator 2, Starship Troopers, T2, Goldeneye, T2, Twilight Zone, did I mention T2? A man can dream can't he

Sorry for going on and on, but as you can tell I am big supporter of Zen Studios and what they are doing for pinball. My only complaint I have with Zen is the lack of information regarding what's in the works... Having Cracker and Solitude here on the forums is great, but unfortunately they are limited on what they are allowed to say... Zen likes to basically keep us in the dark up until about 2 weeks before a tables release date. I have a feeling this isn't by choice though as I have read that MS has very strict rules regarding information about upcoming XBLA titles and DLC...
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 06-18-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
    I don't understand all the hate against the Marvel tables...
    The marvel pack is the only reason I even knew about Pinball FX/FX2. It is the first tables I bought and I like them all.

I consider Blade Zen's current masterpiece. Iron Man and Wolverine are amazing as well. Yes, they are harder than Pasha/Biolab/SotD. I happen to enjoy the harder tables since they take more strategy and aim in shots rather than spamming a single (or two) ramp(s).
    I agree with your whole post but this bit is the part I really agree with. Blade is a masterpiece of pinball creation, you can see that just from looking at it but after alot of play, you can really see the amount of love that has gone into the table. To me its the closest thing to an RPG that pinball can have (with the whole 'energy' building and using money to buy stuff, along with the whole progression of 'story' through missions). I agree it has some difficult shots, so it may not be for everyone but so much is crammed into this table. With practice though its really no different from any other table. Find out the dangerous shots and DON'T take them unless you absolutely have to. Play safe and slow and this table will start to grow on anyone who reads this and hasn't put the hours into it yet because it does require some extended time and play for everything to click.

As for the Fantastic Four bug/glitch, I also agree with what you wrote. Its the reason that I haven't played the table since I found about it because i don't want a score posted with that in it, so I will just wait till its fixed.

I did buy Pinball FX 2 but the originals didn't drag me in like the Marvel tables did. Since their release I barely play other games. I think the whole comic book hero and artwork style works really well for pinball, but thats just me.

I don't think there is really hate against the Marvel franchise or Captain America... it is more a case of knowing that there is Sorcerers Lair and Paranormal that is just waiting in the wings, fully completed, ready to be released. They both look really awesome and different and I can't wait to play them... a bit more than a new Marvel table at the moment. In the end though... I'm with KGSoloman8000 on taking what ever table Zen releases because they are all brilliant and it makes perfect sense for them to release Captain America so close to Independence day, Movie release etc. so that they can have a better chance of big sales... and I hope people keep on buying all Zen's tables because the better they do, the more quality tables will be produced by them.

Fantastic 4's glitches are not minor, they are game breaking and leader board breaking and not knowing if they are going to wipe the leader board or not is making it hard for me for going for a big score. I have not yet played the table to its full potential.... and it has loads of potential... I really love the layout of the table and the strategy potential. It would be so great if once they have fixed the table, if that could straight away be the next tournament table.

I would love to be a beta tester as well... firstly because I would get to play the tables earlier (it feels like I'm personally being punished each time I have to wait two weeks after the announcement of a new table) and I would so enjoy having a legit reason to test each and every play permutation on a table to find all the potential glitches. So Zen.... my hand is high up in the air.... waiting to be picked.

I don't see much hate for Marvel around here.

Rather, it's just that we've had a few Marvel tables now, and they're getting just a little samey. Also, a few of them could have used a bit more QA before release. (Spiderman in particular is still quite buggy.)

This is particularly important because unlike many other software titles, it seems quite hard for Zen to update a table regularly after release. Not only does there appear to be a 4MB title update limitation in place for the entire Pinball FX 2 suite, but table modifications/fixes affect the scoring, which in turn affects the leaderboards, which gets people complaining about score resets.

(Certainly we've seen very few updates to existing tables. The biggest changes we've seen have involved the download of an entirely new application in the changeover from Pinball FX 1 to Pinball FX 2.)

Compare and contrast to a real world pinball machine, where software updates are frequent and can be wide-ranging. (e.g. the addition of entirely new modes.) It's ironic that a Stern pinball out in the field probably has more liberal updating options available to it than a Pinball FX 2 title.

I'm still going to buy any table Zen release, but I would like new IP at this stage. But then, I'm a greybeard and Marvel comic book characters don't hold the same interest for me as they did when I was 10.

I still think the schedule should slow down a little. Quality over quantity. Zen are getting closer to an '90s level pinny in terms of complexity, but they're not there yet. I'd like to see them invest more time in individual tables, rather than give us games on a reliable schedule. Great tables vs good tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    I still think the schedule should slow down a little. Quality over quantity. Zen are getting closer to an '90s level pinny in terms of complexity, but they're not there yet. I'd like to see them invest more time in individual tables, rather than give us games on a reliable schedule. Great tables vs good tables.
    So eight months of work on a single table isn't enough? They may be putting one a month out, but it doesn't mean they are low quality.

I'm still waiting for F4 to be updated so I can post a real high score on it, my real score of 680m is eclipsed by the 1.8bn I got regretably with the Human Torch exploit. Cap is looking amazing though, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

I didn't say the tables were of low quality. Far from it.

But, as you go on to say, there are problems with some of the tables that could be ironed out with a longer development and QA time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I would love to be a beta tester as well... firstly because I would get to play the tables earlier (it feels like I'm personally being punished each time I have to wait two weeks after the announcement of a new table) and I would so enjoy having a legit reason to test each and every play permutation on a table to find all the potential glitches. So Zen.... my hand is high up in the air.... waiting to be picked.

Really? Punished? You do realize some games get announced months, if not years in advance of their release? Would you rather have absolutely no announcement about what's in the works? LOL

They do need beta testers, however. I'd love to be one, as I pay enormous attention to detail, and can express myself in a clean, concise manner. Alas, I'm far from being one of the most polished pinball players. So, if being able to "beat" a table is a requisite for testing, you can sure as hell pass over ME. LOL

Really? Punished? You do realize some games get announced months, if not years in advance of their release? Would you rather have absolutely no announcement about what's in the works? LOL

They do need beta testers, however. I'd love to be one, as I pay enormous attention to detail, and can express myself in a clean, concise manner. Alas, I'm far from being one of the most polished pinball players. So, if being able to "beat" a table is a requisite for testing, you can sure as hell pass over ME. LOL
    I would rather prefer if they just release the table the day they announce it because I know by that time the table is done and dusted. Don't really know what the benefit is to ZEN to have to two week taunt period because the guys that aren't going to buy the table straight away is anyway first going to wait for reviews and feedback on the forums before making their decision.

I think we need to slow down because every game thats come out has always had some sort of glitch etc its just how it goes. No matter how much time you look into something, something else will always sneak through.

What makes a great dev is that when something like that gets passed them they quickly scramble to roll out a fix. Zen has pretty much done this time and time again, and knowing from that podcast a while back that they are working on some big update means they are probs fixing every table again within that update.

Also the release schedule is great because by releasing a new Table per month it causes the game to never be forgotten in the media as there is always some sort of news about the game every month.

Also the Marvel License has brought them great success as I know that comic fanboys brought the game just for those tables... I know a few people who told me they did.

I myself love Marvel, yes im 22 but I still love my comic Heroes and Villians. No matter what Zen throws out I will always support them... the Tables keep getting better and better.

But I do stress the above is my opinion, so feel free to agree/disagree.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I consider Blade Zen's current masterpiece.
    I can't agree with you more on that one. I really love that table and I'm number 4 on the leader boards (PS3 version) with 719 million.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Also the Marvel License has brought them great success as I know that comic fanboys brought the game just for those tables... I know a few people who told me they did.
    Same here! I got a few friends into pinball, just because of the name "Marvel" was in the title.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-18-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OzV1 View Post
    I agree with your whole post but this bit is the part I really agree with. Blade is a masterpiece of pinball creation, you can see that just from looking at it but after alot of play, you can really see the amount of love that has gone into the table. To me its the closest thing to an RPG that pinball can have (with the whole 'energy' building and using money to buy stuff, along with the whole progression of 'story' through missions). I agree it has some difficult shots, so it may not be for everyone but so much is crammed into this table. With practice though its really no different from any other table. Find out the dangerous shots and DON'T take them unless you absolutely have to. Play safe and slow and this table will start to grow on anyone who reads this and hasn't put the hours into it yet because it does require some extended time and play for everything to click.
    I respectfully disagree. I LOVE many things about Blade and I think it could have been the best table Zen has ever done. BUT, when multi-ball is the focus for non-wizard points (Day Walker mode in general) then having ramps that SDTM unless you have a flipper out is bad design in my humble opinion. Also, having a key upper flipper blocked by an animated character is very annoying. Still like it but every time I play it, I feel like I could have totally loved it with some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I would rather prefer if they just release the table the day they announce it because I know by that time the table is done and dusted. Don't really know what the benefit is to ZEN to have to two week taunt period because the guys that aren't going to buy the table straight away is anyway first going to wait for reviews and feedback on the forums before making their decision.
    There's this little thing called "anticipation". Plus, it ensures Zen that everyone has sufficient notice to load up their account with some more MS points. Besides which, if they don't tell you it's coming out in advance...then they can't give out some codes for folks to get it early. It's neat for people to be able to experience that. And again, for the whopping $2.50 a table runs, if people actually make a decision not to buy a table based on feedback, instead of supporting Zen and finding out for themselves, well...that's on them. I certainly don't sympathize with them. $2.50. Pony up. Support the guys that make one of your favorite games. If the table has one GD flipper, get it. By the way...it'd be neat to come up with an idea for a table that was functional with one flipper. LOL

There's this little thing called "anticipation". Plus, it ensures Zen that everyone has sufficient notice to load up their account with some more MS points. Besides which, if they don't tell you it's coming out in advance...then they can't give out some codes for folks to get it early. It's neat for people to be able to experience that. And again, for the whopping $2.50 a table runs, if people actually make a decision not to buy a table based on feedback, instead of supporting Zen and finding out for themselves, well...that's on them. I certainly don't sympathize with them. $2.50. Pony up. Support the guys that make one of your favorite games. If the table has one GD flipper, get it. By the way...it'd be neat to come up with an idea for a table that was functional with one flipper. LOL
    Shhhh, Don't tell Zen we will buy every table they put out! It's our ace in the hole!

I might not like them all, but I buy them all. I love pinball again, and they're solely responsible for it. I might not like them all, but I love to eat too, and not everything I order is going to be up to my standards. Still, gotta eat.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I LOVE many things about Blade and I think it could have been the best table Zen has ever done. BUT, when multi-ball is the focus for non-wizard points (Day Walker mode in general) then having ramps that SDTM unless you have a flipper out is bad design in my humble opinion. Also, having a key upper flipper blocked by an animated character is very annoying. Still like it but every time I play it, I feel like I could have totally loved it with some changes.
    Thats fine, like I said the table isn't for everyone. I don't get what you mean by "multi-ball is the focus for non-wizard points". I generally only use Daywalker when I have extra balls to collect otherwise a couple of shots to the shrine hole during the day for energy rather than always using Daywalker is plenty for the missions. You may want to have a Daywalker set up before you go into 1st phase of Wizard mode to max out your energy relatively risk free but otherwise a couple of hits to the shrine hole will do the job everytime (when you have all the Darkhold chapters). I generally skip through most day phases pretty quickly, normally a visit to the shop for kickbacks or multiplier and I go straight back to night.

Edit- "multiball is the focus for non-wizard points" means exactly what it says. I read it wrong and went off on a tangent. Its true the missions don't give you much (although the longer you progress through the game, the more points they are worth) but if I was to nominate the best multiball for scoring on the table I would have to say Hannibal multiball is the way to go. Bank an early Super-Jackpot (shrine hole) and all the scores for this mode are doubled. I pretty much only use Security Breach multiball for lighting kickbacks. In saying all that though, the primary focus should be getting through all missions and objectives to reach Wizard mode as this is a VERY lucrative mode scoring wise and after some practice you will be able to get to it more than once in a game. Hope I cleared that up.

How do you avoid triggering Daywalker multiball all the time you ask? Well when I first start the game my first goal is to collect all the Talismans. After I get all these for the rest of the game I can always keep the B in Blade unlit until I want the multiball. Then all I need is one shot to the citadel ramp. I do this because its generally not a shot you will hit by mistake, unlike treasures or the shrine hole.

As for the flipper being blocked, maybe its just me but I have never really had an issue with this. There isn't really a spot on accurate shot (except maybe Hidden Hole for Super-Skill shot) that needs to be taken. I think as the top flipper as more of a "manual ball diverter" rather than a flipper I need for a particular shot, like top flipper on Pasha or top flipper on Wolverine. Its also why I mentioned "extended playtime" as this table really requires it more than others as there is alot going on. In time the orbit shots pretty much become a non-issue. The right orbit may every 1/10 shots head directly SDTM but the majority of the time it lands right on the tip of the left flipper and bounces over to the right. Once in the habit of holding the top flipper when the ball heads up there, the left orbit won't give you many dramas either but your right that is one shot that without holding the flipper will send your ball SDTM majority of the time.
    Last edited by OzV1; 06-19-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    No, they are definitely DC heroes.

Yeah, I checked after I said it

Can't wait for this, finally gonna have a chance to get back to playing some games after a few weeks, just in time for a new table. Nice to see Baron Zemo in there

A bad storm came through Tuesday and I have been without internet, phone, and cable until today.... I was beginning to think it would not be on in time for me to get the Captain America table.

It did go back out for a few more hours. >_< Fingers crossed it will be working Wednesday ^_^

On a side note there are so many trees down here in Knoxville it is crazy.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Captain America is a great table that I enjoy a lot. It actually feels a bit more mature than some of the other marvel tables.

I am not sure how *deep* or tournament-worthy the rule-set is. But I really like the modes and missions.

It is nice to see the two centre ramps are a huge focus of most missions (some may hate this?) as it allows you to really perfect those shots and get into the swing of it.

The cube also reminds me of Thing from Addam's family (taking the shot for you). I also like that the ball locks are in three seperate places.

Overall this is my personal favourite from the Marvel stand-a-lones. I like the colour, the tone and the flow of the game a lot. (I personally hate how blue fantastic 4 is; it actually hurts my eyes >.<).

Actually I would rate Captain America as one of the better tables to date. Everything flows nicely on it and it doesn't really have many outright unfair drains.

Whilst I like the theme and flow of the table there are quite a few things that I dont like.

Mainly the 'Bucky' ball save. If Bucky is activated you have a roughly 1 in 3 chance of a ball save which imo introduces far too much luck into getting a high score.

On my highest scoring game (498m) Bucky saved me 3 or 4 times on the frist wizard mode. Without that I wouldnt have done nearly so well. I dont think its really right.