Thread: Captain America

Talking Captain America

We are happy to unveil the Captain America table! Kotaku has a great overview of the table including trailers and description, check it out!

http://kotaku.com/buckyballs/5812031

crackervizzo

Like I said on the Pinball FX2 board. It looks really good. I'll be buying this version though, since I don't have a Xbox 360.

Looks really nice, Keep up the good work Zen!

I'm not a big fan of Captain America but the table looks nice. Good work guys.

Not so flashy for once! Sometimes I have difficulties seeing the balls in some Marvell tables. Especially on Wolverine.

As usual it looks amazing!

Send me a private message if you want a Captain America code for some pre-release action

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Send me a private message if you want a Captain America code for some pre-release action
    Thanks for the code and here are my impressions of the table so far.

First off, this is by far your best table that you've made to date and my second favorite table overall (Blade is still my number 1). I really like the WWII theme. The table layout is kept simple and there isn't a whole lot of fancy parts that can glitch up the game on me (unlike in Fantastic Four).

I haven't noticed any major glitches in the game, but I haven't reached the Wizard Mode yet. That'll be my goal for tonight.

So far I got 2 of the 3 trophies and my top score is 64 million (not bad for 5 games).

Pros:
    - I really like the lever target, that opens up the secret bunker. Nice touch!
    - The ball speed is about the same as Blade and Wolverine. I'm glad, because I couldn't stand the fast and bouncy ball that was in F4.
    - The kickbacks are much easier to lite and you can clearly see the lite letters on the rollovers (unlike F4).
    - Far less side ball drains compared to the other tables.
    - I really like the simple table design. It's feels similar to Iron Man, but without the headaches (less ball drains)
    - I really like the missions, especially the Adhesive-X one. Nice touch on the character interactivity.

Cons:
    - There is a small slowdown when I shoot the left orbit and when it gets to upper right flipper. Every time it reaches that flipper from the orbit I get a small hiccup. It's very odd! It feels like the Adhesive-X is still active at that section for a split second.
    - That captured ball can be hard to hit some times. This is were I experience the most center ball drains from.
    - The mission icons are a little too small. Sometimes it's hard to tell which missions I've already completed.
    - Hard to see the actual kickback lights. I'm talking about when they are actually lite. It's just a small white light, that blends into the table a little too well.
    - I get a slowdown when I earn a trophy. This is a typical one and a lot of games suffer from it.
    - There's a possible audio glitch on the Howlers sink-hole. It sounds like the TILT sound effect.

Overall, I really like this table. It's well polished and it looks like you guys went the extra mile to test it. However, I can't jump the gun just yet. I still need to get to the wizard mode. I'll update this post later, when I have finally reach it.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-29-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Left out a word in my last con.

Unhappy oh wow

i see how the same members get a code I see how it is Crack i will keep that in mind I have been a a loyal member never gotten a code or anything thanks for the code blah.

Quote Originally Posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
    i see how the same members get a code I see how it is Crack i will keep that in mind I have been a a loyal member never gotten a code or anything thanks for the code blah.
    FYI: This is the first time, that I've gotten a code. I was just at the right place at the right time. I saw his post and PMed him.

Default heyyyyyyy

I am sorry just want a code jelious lol I am loyal too

I am sorry just want a code jelious lol I am loyal too
    Send him a PM. He may have a code or two left. Crackervizzo never indicated on how many he had to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Cons:
    - There is a small slowdown when I shoot the left orbit and when it gets to upper right flipper. Every time it reaches that flipper from the orbit I get a small hiccup. It's very odd! It's feels like the Adhesive-X is still active at that section for a split second.
    - That captured ball can be hard to hit some times. This is were I experience the most center ball drains from.
    - The mission icons are a little too small. Sometimes it's hard to tell which missions I've already completed.
    - Hard to see the actual kickback lights. I'm talking about when they are actually lite. It's just a small white light, that blends into the table a little too well.
    - I get a slowdown when I earn a trophy. This is a typical one and a lot of games suffer from it.
    - There's an audio glitch on the Howlers sink-hole. It sounds like the TILT sound effect.
    The slowdown you are hinting at is caused by the ball coming into contact with the idle spinner and that causes the ball to slow down. Try hitting the ball thru the left orbit quickly after you hit the spinner. If the spinner is spinning when you hit the orbit the ball will not hit the spinner (most of the time) and come rocketing down to the flipper at an insane speed.

Just to clarify, it isn't slowdown caused by the game struggling or anything like that, it's just the way the table was designed.

Talking you know what

Ok I sent him a sec privite message Sho hope he at least responds if not ok.....but I want to call Zen Studios and beg for a code lol

Quote Originally Posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
    The slowdown you are hinting at is caused by the ball coming into contact with the idle spinner and that causes the ball to slow down. Try hitting the ball thru the left orbit quickly after you hit the spinner. If the spinner is spinning when you hit the orbit the ball will not hit the spinner (most of the time) and come rocketing down to the flipper at an insane speed.

Just to clarify, it isn't slowdown caused by the game struggling or anything like that, it's just the way the table was designed.
    Thanks for the heads up. I was only able to play a couple games last night and I didn't even noticed the spinner.

Anyway, I just finished the Wizard Mode (not bad at all) and I'm really pleased overall. My final score was 516 million.

I found another small glitch. During any 3 ball multi-ball mode. I experience a slow down when I have all 2 balls trapped on one flipper and let the third one roll on the other flipper. It's pretty minor though. I can easily break the slowdown by untrapping the 2 balls. This doesn't occur at all, if you are only dealing with 2 balls.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-24-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Red face Wizard mode

Ok what is Wizard mode. Do scores double etc.

Ok what is Wizard mode. Do scores double etc.
    It's the final mode in the game. For example, in Captain America the wizard mode is a match against Red Skull (four stages to it). In this mode, ramp shots, orbits and some of the holes are worth a million points each. Also, if you complete the wizard mode, you get a 50 million point bonus.

This is how you can boost up your score and get really high on the leader boards. All of Zen's tables have a wizard mode of some sort.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-23-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Default oh ok

well i am going to play right now and still have not gotten a email from Crack for a code

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I found another small glitch. During any 3 ball multi-ball mode. I experience a slow down when I have all 3 balls trapped on the flippers. It's pretty minor though. I can easily break out off the slowdown by untrapping all three balls. This doesn't occur at all, if you are only dealing with 2 balls.
    I haven't replicated this exactly, but there appears to be a bit of frame rate chug on the Pinball FX 2 version, at certain times. Just very occasionally.

From memory, it chugs a bit in the Bumpers + Spinner mission (whatever it's called). Not much, but it's noticeable. Fortunately, the game appears to be synched to the frame-rate so there's no tearing.

Hey Womble, what is your GT?

Angry Omgggggggggggggg

I got a codeeeeeee SIKE. I am never asking for a code again. I guess Crack was in the bathroom all day at work to respond, checking out the camera angles for the game lol. Dont forget last place is first place with Zen when it comes to voting. I voted for the Marvel table that won but then yet they put last place first and that's a mistake FF4 has bugs up the back side. Sometimes I wonder about companies that are going to do what they want, not what we ask for or request,no matter if it has a voting poll or not. Spin the wheel for free game codes blah they have favs they give codes too . It's ok Zen I still like the company but somethings about Zen is backwards.

It's ok Zen I still like the company but somethings about Zen is backwards.
    How silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    I haven't replicated this exactly, but there appears to be a bit of frame rate chug on the Pinball FX 2 version, at certain times. Just very occasionally.
    I had to reword my post, because I didn't describe the issue correctly.

Try trapping two balls on one flipper and trap the third ball on the other flipper. Now release the flipper with the third ball, while having the other two balls still trapped on the other flipper. That's where the slowdown occurs on the PS3 version at least. It makes it really hard to time the hitting because of it.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-24-2011 at 04:19 PM.

I got a codeeeeeee SIKE.
    I don't get it. You've got a code and you're still complaining? Or is that a kind of sarcasm?

Cool joking but

Yes I was joking about the code. I had a bad day yesterday so was letting off some steam. But one thing is true whats the use on voting when First place loses over Last makes no sense to me. Thing that make you go hmmmmmm.

Well, Marvel is a big fish. Who knows what's behind the decision of choosing the next tables. Marvel may have a word on it, you know...

It's probably the case that some tables take more time than others. Testing, re-design, fixes, etc. Game design is half engineering, half art.

PinballFreak was just having a whinge because he didn't get a code on demand.

Yes I was joking about the code. I had a bad day yesterday so was letting off some steam. But one thing is true whats the use on voting when First place loses over Last makes no sense to me. Thing that make you go hmmmmmm.
    There is an explanation for that.

I believe Solitude said something about Fantastic Four being one of the first table that were "complete" at the time, and the other tables were still in development/testing. When the FF4 Anniversary was coming up, Zen thought it would be the right opportunity to release it in celebration of the event

Correct me if i am wrong. This was from the back of my head that i remembered.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I think the basic situation with the poll was that we'd gone too long without new content and people were unhappy. So the decision was made to put out Fantastic Four, since it was ready, and then Mars got approved for an earlier release and came out before F4.

From what I understand, the winner of the poll is coming out next.
    Last edited by The Albin0 Rhin0; 06-25-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Cool darn right

I wanted a code but that's like asking for a million dollars. Weather Marvel had something to do with FF4 coming out first then they shouldn't hype it up by asking people to vote and pee there pants to which table the Pinballfreaks wanted first , and that was Capt. America. And FF4 has bugs as probably Capt America will have, my point is Zen asking what Marvel table we wanted next after the launch of Marvel we voted and waited and.......... waited and......... waited THE WINNERRRRRRRRRRR is Capt America well guess what FF4 is in last place so we are going to put that out first......okkkkkkkkk. Zen sees all of our post but they are going to do what they want. I love the game but they need to listen to what we want onceeeeeeee in a while thats all . add me on Zen or Marvel rdskn69.
    Last edited by pinballfreak69; 06-25-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Sent you a Friend request PBFan69.

This just got posted to Facebook...

Marvel's approval process for this table, featuring a look at the prototype for the table:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...rvel-approved/

Cool ok I am ready

Its almost noon here I want Capt. America nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lol

Unhappy

Its almost noon here I want Capt. America nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lol
    I finished work early to get it & it's not here yet im p****d off lol it's 5.15 gmt

Talking omg

Hurry up ps store lord ps store is slower than Zen on replys lol i want the new table now

Wow, great job everyone at Zen. This table is awesome !

ZEN, thanks for another great table!
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Default sound glitch

Quote Originally Posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post

How do u get off saying their is an audio glitch unless there is a spoken word which clearly defies what is happening, in which case that could even be intentional? I do agree I have been equally trained to connect that said sound with TILT, and I even questioned what the hell was happening the first time I encountered it, but why wouldnt you question the sound before calling it a glitch?

I think I've found a glitch, unfortunately. It seems the mine ramps malfunction after awhile, and the ball does not come out on the rails properly. Especially noticable on the right rail release, the ball does not fall into the "K" slot, but jumps out randomly at times.