X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Final Answer 56
    I am asking about the DLC for Fx1, I plan on one game at a time. Will the DLC for Pinball Fx ever be available again?
    I'm not sure, but I doubt it. I'll look into it and let you know

Comment

• Agent Skorpio
      • Nov 2012

DLC for missing tables on original pinball FX

BarbieBobomb,
      I don't understand why the additional tables are not available for download. Would it be so hard to write a new script to update the dashboard allowing for the download section to work. Then reloading older versions of the DLC tables that work on this version of pinball FX from whatever server they are stored on.
      I bought the tables on pinball FX2 that the three extra achievments in pinball FX are related to. But they don't work in the original pinball FX probably due to an incompatible physics engine. I know you want people to buy the newest versions of your games, and admittedly the original is a little old. But this seems like an easy fix on your part (ZEN Studios) for those individuals who are achievement completionists.
      Maybe your bosses don't see the cost effectiveness of updating a legacy product. But sometimes loyalty and reputation should matter more than the the almighty buck. And if you still have older versions of the tables that work on the original pinball FX, my brother who programs for Union Pacific Railroad says he could update the dashboard in less than one day. Heck, you probably could get some intern to do it for college credit and it wouldn't cost the company anything.
      Please feel free to show this email to anyone of your bosses if you believe it will help make your case stronger for a correction of this problem. You are the best virtual pinball simulator out there and I will continue to play your software. It ranks up there with Timeshock! and always reminds me of all the quarters I put into the Pinbot pinball machine I played back in college.
      Thank you for listening to a true fan,
      Todd

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Agent Skorpio
        BarbieBobomb,
        I don't understand why the additional tables are not available for download. Would it be so hard to write a new script to update the dashboard allowing for the download section to work. Then reloading older versions of the DLC tables that work on this version of pinball FX from whatever server they are stored on.
        I bought the tables on pinball FX2 that the three extra achievments in pinball FX are related to. But they don't work in the original pinball FX probably due to an incompatible physics engine. I know you want people to buy the newest versions of your games, and admittedly the original is a little old. But this seems like an easy fix on your part (ZEN Studios) for those individuals who are achievement completionists.
        Maybe your bosses don't see the cost effectiveness of updating a legacy product. But sometimes loyalty and reputation should matter more than the the almighty buck. And if you still have older versions of the tables that work on the original pinball FX, my brother who programs for Union Pacific Railroad says he could update the dashboard in less than one day. Heck, you probably could get some intern to do it for college credit and it wouldn't cost the company anything.
        Please feel free to show this email to anyone of your bosses if you believe it will help make your case stronger for a correction of this problem. You are the best virtual pinball simulator out there and I will continue to play your software. It ranks up there with Timeshock! and always reminds me of all the quarters I put into the Pinbot pinball machine I played back in college.
        Thank you for listening to a true fan,
        Todd
        PFX (much like original Zen Pinball on PSN) will remain as-is and we'll continue to support Pinball FX2 with regular updates. The DLC you bought in PFX2 doesn't work in PFX because the table import tool only works one direction, you would have had to purchase them in PFX (when they were available) and then import them to PFX2. We are a fairly small team and we have to prioritize our projects. If we kept updating older products, we wouldn't be able to work on things like bringing our games to new platforms like Mac & Windows 8 (which we were able to do this year). Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Comment

• Agent Skorpio
          • Nov 2012

BarbieBobomb,
          I understand everything you are telling me.
          But you still have not mentioned how difficult it wound be to update the dashboard to enable the download section again. Are we talking days, weeks, or months. My brother is certified in multiple languages (Unix, C++, microsoft certified something I cannot remember, etc) and doesn't think it would be that hard. Heck, I am currently unemployed and have the time to learn whatever language it was written in. Let me know, and I will try to get certified and do it for ZEN studios for FREE. I am not totally certain I could do it but what do you have to lose.
          Honestly, let me know what I would have to know to update the game. I know a few colleges that have decent computer programing credentials that are not too far from me. If I could learn what is necessary, I would be willing to sign any legal documents your company requires to maintain it's copyrights. I would even move to where your office is located so I could get it done as quickly as possible. I would do this all for FREE with no expectation of anything in return.
          I am an unemployed chemistry major (BA) with nothing but time on my hands. I am not looking to get a job with your company. I see this as a possible opportunity to learn something new that may change my life and may help ZEN studios in some small way. Please ask whoever is necessary at the company to allow me this opportunity. Let me know what I would have to learn and I will give it a shot.
          If you respond with an email or number, we could continue this outside this forum.
          Hoping to hear from you and looking forward to a real challenge,
          Todd
          The ball is in your court. I mean pinball.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

BarbieBobomb,
            I understand everything you are telling me.
            But you still have not mentioned how difficult it wound be to update the dashboard to enable the download section again. Are we talking days, weeks, or months. .
            It's not up to us to update the Xbox dashboard, that is Microsoft's doing. We have no plans to further update Pinball FX, sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

• Agent Skorpio
              • Nov 2012

I don't want to update Xbox's dashboard. I want to update your version of pinball FX to enable the download section to work. Are you telling me that you cannot update your own game because Microsoft now owns the copyright to your game. That cannot be since your game is also sold on the PS3. Microsoft just distributes your game on their system. Your company has to have the final word on how it works on the Xbox 360.
              The inability of getting the last three achievments is actually false advertising on your company's part. You are making a profit on the belief that gamers can get something that is not obtainable. I'm not a lawyer, but I have seen cases go against companies for far smaller reasons. It actually might be easier for me to get my Juris Doctor than fix the game.
              But ask your boss or bosses. Have them give me a legal reason why I couldn't do the work for you. You can have the credit, the profit, and the fans appreciation. I'll sign whatever documents you need to let me work on this project. I want your product to be the best it was originally meant to be. If it doesn't cost anything from you, what message does ZEN studios want the fans to believe?

And please don't say it isn't up to you BarbieBobomb. Put the idea in front of someone who can tell me why this isn't a win-win for ZEN studios and the gamers.
              Looking for answers not excuses,
              Todd

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

I don't want to update Xbox's dashboard. I want to update your version of pinball FX to enable the download section to work. Are you telling me that you cannot update your own game because Microsoft now owns the copyright to your game. That cannot be since your game is also sold on the PS3. Microsoft just distributes your game on their system. Your company has to have the final word on how it works on the Xbox 360.
                The inability of getting the last three achievments is actually false advertising on your company's part. You are making a profit on the belief that gamers can get something that is not obtainable. I'm not a lawyer, but I have seen cases go against companies for far smaller reasons. It actually might be easier for me to get my Juris Doctor than fix the game.
                But ask your boss or bosses. Have them give me a legal reason why I couldn't do the work for you. You can have the credit, the profit, and the fans appreciation. I'll sign whatever documents you need to let me work on this project. I want your product to be the best it was originally meant to be. If it doesn't cost anything from you, what message does ZEN studios want the fans to believe?

And please don't say it isn't up to you BarbieBobomb. Put the idea in front of someone who can tell me why this isn't a win-win for ZEN studios and the gamers.
                Looking for answers not excuses,
                Todd
                Any idea how much it costs for us to submit an update to Microsoft? $10,000. Not exactly cheap. And are you seriously threatening to sue us over achievements for a pinball game? I'm incredibly insulted. Please be reasonable. I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Comment

• maink
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Dec 2011

isn't the studio located in budapest ? and this guy want to fly there and fix the game for free ,wow just wow
                  i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

• shogun00
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                    Any idea how much it costs for us to submit an update to Microsoft? $10,000.
                    Thanks for listing the actual price. No wonder you guys don't release out patches often on the Xbox 360.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by shogun00
                      Thanks for listing the actual price. No wonder you guys don't release out patches often on the Xbox 360.
                      Just do a little searching around and you can find the price for most platform updates fairly easily

Comment

• shogun00
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2011

Just do a little searching around and you can find the price for most platform updates fairly easily
                        Yeah, but the numbers are all over the place from the searches I've made and I was more curious on how much you guys were actually paying.

Comment

• Prtmcluesrol
                          • May 2013

This thread made me laugh xD people sue you because of missing DLC... some achievement hunters are crazy ya know, and don't tell them to move on to pfx2 with missing achievements from pfx1, makes it worse for us who likes to 100% games like me.

@barbie thanks for telling how much it cost to patch a game on 360, any idea how much the price is on PS3?

Comment

• GlaNiK
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by shogun00
                            Hi guys,

I have recently purchased by a mistake Pinbal FX classic as I was sure it is a full version of original Pinbal FX (I don't mind ~10EUR) but I really prefer original FX than FX2 and since MS stopped charging for game patches is there any chance to make Pinbal FX downloadable again?

Link to article saying MS stopped charging for game patches.

I am really sorry If I misread something.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by GlaNiK
                              Hi guys,

I have recently purchased by a mistake Pinbal FX classic as I was sure it is a full version of original Pinbal FX (I don't mind ~10EUR) but I really prefer original FX than FX2 and since MS stopped charging for game patches is there any chance to make Pinbal FX downloadable again?

Link to article saying MS stopped charging for game patches.

I am really sorry If I misread something.
                              Sorry, no plans to do so.

Comment

• GlaNiK
                                • Dec 2013

Sorry, no plans to do so.
                                Thats sad as it is a really nice game.
                                Pinbal FX2 is just to complicated.

Thanks for your answer, now I can abandon all hope.

Comment

Working...