Thread: i want the DLC tables for pinball FX

Default i want the DLC tables for pinball FX

but i cant download them from the marketplace.... i guess this is your loss... and ALSO my loss... so thanks guys... now i cant get 250 on this game... you may think... but hey, looks like you guys are forcing me to download a friends account that already owns the DLC to play content which i should be paying you guys for! how kind of you!

with that sarcasm over... this also means i most likely wont be buying any dlc/future games of yours.

...oh yea.... and you didnt send me my free rocky and bullwinkle DVD even tho i was one of the first to 200g in the game... that dosent help my respect towards you guys eather... just throwing that out there...
    Last edited by Hairy Cabbage; 06-15-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Microsoft delisted the Pinball FX tables shortly after Pinball FX 2 came out. Developers generally have no control over this.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Hi Cabbage,

I adapt to your opinion completely. Outrageous !

It's not a full product if you can't buy the rest of the tables. I wish you would make a rerelease for the dlc, for all of them, which still are playing pinball fx.

I suscribe both opinions! I see that I'm not the only one with this problem. And I also see that I'm not te only one who thinks exactly this way (sado) I got here with the same problem today. Wrote my message on the wrong place (PFX2 subforum) and the answer is that I can buy PFX2 xD (unbelievable).

I want to use this chance to say something about this new era of "downloading games and content" that we are living in. I had always the feeling, from the first time I started to buy stuff like this on gaming services like Xbox Live (I must say that this game was the first thing that I payed in this way) had me as a consumer in a kind of disadvantage. Some years have gone and I must say that, that sensation wasn't so dumb anyway. You don't buy a full game with one transaction. You go around buying "pieces" of a game every time.

I know the solution is simple. Don't buy. But, that's an answer like saying don't live or don't breath. It's stupid. But don't for that full of rightness. I will not buy PFX2 and I'm not going to say that I will not buy any more on this kind of digital transactions. But I must say that the learning is. Keep your money on your wallet and spend it as it was the only thing you would do in your life. And if you`re no sure or if you have your doubts, simple, don't spend your money.

It is a life teaching that I've normally use in the common days when buying stuff, but that I have left away somehow on online transactions for digital content. And in the future, as it seems everything will be this way that doesnt benefitt the user at all.

Be aware next time and the rest of time. Because this is how things are going to be. Even thouhg is good for learning.

Thank you and once again, excuse me for my English. It's not my language and I try to be the most respectfull and correct I can.

I'm still waiting for the pnball fx1 dlc !
    I hope that u will bring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hkmarston View Post
    I got here with the same problem today. Wrote my message on the wrong place (PFX2 subforum) and the answer is that I can buy PFX2 xD (unbelievable).
    Um, guys.. I am not sure if i´m missing something here, but why dont you just download the PFX2-Plattform? It is FREE (as in "ZERO MS-Points") and you can play all the PFX1-Tables you own with better graphics and physics without having to buy them again. You can also buy the other "old" PFX1-DLC-Tables you´re missing, as well as all the new ones.. and on top of that, starting tomorrow you will have the chance to get one free table (Paranormal) if you get it before November 2nd.

Its rare to see such great customer treatment, so I realy dont understand what your problem is.

Hi again,

the problem is that you can't get your full achievements for this game. It's fraud and provocative against customers from zenstudios because the gamers who trust in the games from zenstudios can't get his full purchase deal for a xbox360 game.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. In this case, I can be of no help here ^^

But in my opinion there are worse things.. your total gamerscore even gets a free boost, since the release of PFX2 brought new achievements for the old tables, so you could get an extra 50G for every table you already played in PFX1, without having to buy anything. And the tables you didnt buy before got their own achievements too in PFX2.. so in total you get only free extra points.. the only downside on this is you have one game where you cant get 100% achievements on.. honestly thats a bit unfortunate, but I wouldn´t let my pinball fun get ruined by that.. I myself would always choose free extra Gs over 100% But thats something, everyone has to descide for himself.
    Then again, I´m from Germany and thanks to our messed up rating-system, we dont get DLC for a lot of games.. like Gears of War 1&2 or the competitive multiplayer mode of Resident Evil 5.. we see the achievements, but we have no way to buy the DLC, so we are used to have games with no way to reach 100% anyway xD Maybe that will cheer you up a little ^^

What realy IS a little sad in this story, is the fact that it should´ve been no problem to simply let the PFX1-DLC stay where they were.. this wouldn´t do harm to anybody and would´ve been even less work than deleting them from XBLA.. and you guys would get what you want.

..but all that said, I wouldn´t realy use words like "fraud" and "outrageous" if your only complaint is, that you cant reach 100% on your Xbox-Profile anymore. You´re of course entitled to your own opinion, but I think its a little overreaction

Exclamation

When you buy a game on XBL, every game has achievements you can get and every game has its own completeness.

Hey, it's like I said, the customer paid for it and they must get what they paid for. Microsoft and the Developers knows about it and blocked targetly content against customer instead to activate them the full achievements if they move back content, some of the developers try only to push the name of the achievements.

Sildorian don't sponsor the computer industry, only why the computer industry is going, to 100% down ?

I'm wondering how many opinions and how many people are turning in a circle. The best thing how many people are trying to talk theirself out.
    Don't forget the artists of the banner on the top.

greets
    Last edited by sado; 10-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Angry

I just bought Pinball Fx, planned on buying Pinball Fx2, but Now I see the issues about not getting the DLC and the import problem makes me feel like I just burned 800 ms points.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Answer 56 View Post
    I just bought Pinball Fx, planned on buying Pinball Fx2, but Now I see the issues about not getting the DLC and the import problem makes me feel like I just burned 800 ms points.
    Have you tried importing them yet?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Have you tried importing them yet?
    No I just played PFx1 and see that the Dlc has been deleted, that means I have started a game that cant be completed. To me thats a waste of my time and money.

No I just played PFx1 and see that the Dlc has been deleted, that means I have started a game that cant be completed. To me thats a waste of my time and money.
    If you download Pinball FX2, you can import your tables for free and you can purchase any of the DLC from there. Let me know if you have issues with importing, we've had a few people who were unable to import them.

If you download Pinball FX2, you can import your tables for free and you can purchase any of the DLC from there. Let me know if you have issues with importing, we've had a few people who were unable to import them.
    I am asking about the DLC for Fx1, I plan on one game at a time. Will the DLC for Pinball Fx ever be available again?

I am asking about the DLC for Fx1, I plan on one game at a time. Will the DLC for Pinball Fx ever be available again?
    I'm not sure, but I doubt it. I'll look into it and let you know

Default DLC for missing tables on original pinball FX

BarbieBobomb,
    I don't understand why the additional tables are not available for download. Would it be so hard to write a new script to update the dashboard allowing for the download section to work. Then reloading older versions of the DLC tables that work on this version of pinball FX from whatever server they are stored on.
    I bought the tables on pinball FX2 that the three extra achievments in pinball FX are related to. But they don't work in the original pinball FX probably due to an incompatible physics engine. I know you want people to buy the newest versions of your games, and admittedly the original is a little old. But this seems like an easy fix on your part (ZEN Studios) for those individuals who are achievement completionists.
    Maybe your bosses don't see the cost effectiveness of updating a legacy product. But sometimes loyalty and reputation should matter more than the the almighty buck. And if you still have older versions of the tables that work on the original pinball FX, my brother who programs for Union Pacific Railroad says he could update the dashboard in less than one day. Heck, you probably could get some intern to do it for college credit and it wouldn't cost the company anything.
    Please feel free to show this email to anyone of your bosses if you believe it will help make your case stronger for a correction of this problem. You are the best virtual pinball simulator out there and I will continue to play your software. It ranks up there with Timeshock! and always reminds me of all the quarters I put into the Pinbot pinball machine I played back in college.
    Thank you for listening to a true fan,
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Skorpio View Post
    BarbieBobomb,
    I don't understand why the additional tables are not available for download. Would it be so hard to write a new script to update the dashboard allowing for the download section to work. Then reloading older versions of the DLC tables that work on this version of pinball FX from whatever server they are stored on.
    I bought the tables on pinball FX2 that the three extra achievments in pinball FX are related to. But they don't work in the original pinball FX probably due to an incompatible physics engine. I know you want people to buy the newest versions of your games, and admittedly the original is a little old. But this seems like an easy fix on your part (ZEN Studios) for those individuals who are achievement completionists.
    Maybe your bosses don't see the cost effectiveness of updating a legacy product. But sometimes loyalty and reputation should matter more than the the almighty buck. And if you still have older versions of the tables that work on the original pinball FX, my brother who programs for Union Pacific Railroad says he could update the dashboard in less than one day. Heck, you probably could get some intern to do it for college credit and it wouldn't cost the company anything.
    Please feel free to show this email to anyone of your bosses if you believe it will help make your case stronger for a correction of this problem. You are the best virtual pinball simulator out there and I will continue to play your software. It ranks up there with Timeshock! and always reminds me of all the quarters I put into the Pinbot pinball machine I played back in college.
    Thank you for listening to a true fan,
    Todd
    PFX (much like original Zen Pinball on PSN) will remain as-is and we'll continue to support Pinball FX2 with regular updates. The DLC you bought in PFX2 doesn't work in PFX because the table import tool only works one direction, you would have had to purchase them in PFX (when they were available) and then import them to PFX2. We are a fairly small team and we have to prioritize our projects. If we kept updating older products, we wouldn't be able to work on things like bringing our games to new platforms like Mac & Windows 8 (which we were able to do this year). Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

BarbieBobomb,
    I understand everything you are telling me.
    But you still have not mentioned how difficult it wound be to update the dashboard to enable the download section again. Are we talking days, weeks, or months. My brother is certified in multiple languages (Unix, C++, microsoft certified something I cannot remember, etc) and doesn't think it would be that hard. Heck, I am currently unemployed and have the time to learn whatever language it was written in. Let me know, and I will try to get certified and do it for ZEN studios for FREE. I am not totally certain I could do it but what do you have to lose.
    Honestly, let me know what I would have to know to update the game. I know a few colleges that have decent computer programing credentials that are not too far from me. If I could learn what is necessary, I would be willing to sign any legal documents your company requires to maintain it's copyrights. I would even move to where your office is located so I could get it done as quickly as possible. I would do this all for FREE with no expectation of anything in return.
    I am an unemployed chemistry major (BA) with nothing but time on my hands. I am not looking to get a job with your company. I see this as a possible opportunity to learn something new that may change my life and may help ZEN studios in some small way. Please ask whoever is necessary at the company to allow me this opportunity. Let me know what I would have to learn and I will give it a shot.
    If you respond with an email or number, we could continue this outside this forum.
    Hoping to hear from you and looking forward to a real challenge,
    Todd
    The ball is in your court. I mean pinball.

BarbieBobomb,
    I understand everything you are telling me.
    But you still have not mentioned how difficult it wound be to update the dashboard to enable the download section again. Are we talking days, weeks, or months. .
    It's not up to us to update the Xbox dashboard, that is Microsoft's doing. We have no plans to further update Pinball FX, sorry for any inconvenience.

I don't want to update Xbox's dashboard. I want to update your version of pinball FX to enable the download section to work. Are you telling me that you cannot update your own game because Microsoft now owns the copyright to your game. That cannot be since your game is also sold on the PS3. Microsoft just distributes your game on their system. Your company has to have the final word on how it works on the Xbox 360.
    The inability of getting the last three achievments is actually false advertising on your company's part. You are making a profit on the belief that gamers can get something that is not obtainable. I'm not a lawyer, but I have seen cases go against companies for far smaller reasons. It actually might be easier for me to get my Juris Doctor than fix the game.
    But ask your boss or bosses. Have them give me a legal reason why I couldn't do the work for you. You can have the credit, the profit, and the fans appreciation. I'll sign whatever documents you need to let me work on this project. I want your product to be the best it was originally meant to be. If it doesn't cost anything from you, what message does ZEN studios want the fans to believe?

And please don't say it isn't up to you BarbieBobomb. Put the idea in front of someone who can tell me why this isn't a win-win for ZEN studios and the gamers.
    Looking for answers not excuses,
    Todd

I don't want to update Xbox's dashboard. I want to update your version of pinball FX to enable the download section to work. Are you telling me that you cannot update your own game because Microsoft now owns the copyright to your game. That cannot be since your game is also sold on the PS3. Microsoft just distributes your game on their system. Your company has to have the final word on how it works on the Xbox 360.
    The inability of getting the last three achievments is actually false advertising on your company's part. You are making a profit on the belief that gamers can get something that is not obtainable. I'm not a lawyer, but I have seen cases go against companies for far smaller reasons. It actually might be easier for me to get my Juris Doctor than fix the game.
    But ask your boss or bosses. Have them give me a legal reason why I couldn't do the work for you. You can have the credit, the profit, and the fans appreciation. I'll sign whatever documents you need to let me work on this project. I want your product to be the best it was originally meant to be. If it doesn't cost anything from you, what message does ZEN studios want the fans to believe?

And please don't say it isn't up to you BarbieBobomb. Put the idea in front of someone who can tell me why this isn't a win-win for ZEN studios and the gamers.
    Looking for answers not excuses,
    Todd
    Any idea how much it costs for us to submit an update to Microsoft? $10,000. Not exactly cheap. And are you seriously threatening to sue us over achievements for a pinball game? I'm incredibly insulted. Please be reasonable. I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

isn't the studio located in budapest ? and this guy want to fly there and fix the game for free ,wow just wow
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Any idea how much it costs for us to submit an update to Microsoft? $10,000.
    Thanks for listing the actual price. No wonder you guys don't release out patches often on the Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Thanks for listing the actual price. No wonder you guys don't release out patches often on the Xbox 360.
    Just do a little searching around and you can find the price for most platform updates fairly easily

Just do a little searching around and you can find the price for most platform updates fairly easily
    Yeah, but the numbers are all over the place from the searches I've made and I was more curious on how much you guys were actually paying.

This thread made me laugh xD people sue you because of missing DLC... some achievement hunters are crazy ya know, and don't tell them to move on to pfx2 with missing achievements from pfx1, makes it worse for us who likes to 100% games like me.

@barbie thanks for telling how much it cost to patch a game on 360, any idea how much the price is on PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have recently purchased by a mistake Pinbal FX classic as I was sure it is a full version of original Pinbal FX (I don't mind ~10EUR) but I really prefer original FX than FX2 and since MS stopped charging for game patches is there any chance to make Pinbal FX downloadable again?

Link to article saying MS stopped charging for game patches.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...xbox-360-games

I am really sorry If I misread something.

Quote Originally Posted by GlaNiK View Post
    Hi guys,

I have recently purchased by a mistake Pinbal FX classic as I was sure it is a full version of original Pinbal FX (I don't mind ~10EUR) but I really prefer original FX than FX2 and since MS stopped charging for game patches is there any chance to make Pinbal FX downloadable again?

Link to article saying MS stopped charging for game patches.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...xbox-360-games

I am really sorry If I misread something.
    Sorry, no plans to do so.

Sorry, no plans to do so.
    Thats sad as it is a really nice game.
    Pinbal FX2 is just to complicated.

Thanks for your answer, now I can abandon all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by GlaNiK View Post
    Thats sad as it is a really nice game.
    Pinbal FX2 is just to complicated.

Thanks for your answer, now I can abandon all hope.
    Complicated how? If you need help, just let me know

Complicated how? If you need help, just let me know
    Complicated as too many things is happening, the game is just to colorful as well, I prefer original FX than FX2 but this is just my opinion.

And speed machine looks more interesting, more points and game dynamic is just what I am looking for.

I just would like to be able to save records on it and could play 2 or more players "hot seat".
    Last edited by GlaNiK; 12-21-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Default i want the DLC tables for pinball FX

hi Pascal, just back home from holidays ... & can help you while reading your search of VP tables

from what i remember, on my PINCAB, the full cleaned files and quite up-to-date, should be something like 25/30 megas

i cant update this on internet of course, but could copy the full folder to a USB key and send it to you, seems to be the easier & low cost way

PM me if wanted
    Michel