Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Pinball Table Ideas? - Post 'em Here

i would like to see intro videos like on moonlight tables or videos u can unlock in a gallerie
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Like a steampunk style?
    Look back in the first few posts of the thread! I have been begging for a true Steampunk table for a good while... Use your powers to make it happen damn it!!!
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

Thumbs up

Yes a steampunk table would be table of the year by far!!
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Arrow FPS RPG themes

The breakthru innovative style of play in Epic Quest opens up new approaches for pinball play of Roll Playing Games (RPG) and First Person Shooters (FPS) themed tables.
    Leveling, armor, and weapons all come into play.

Guild Wars 2 is an mmorpg coming out soon and would be a good candidate for a table. So would other upcoming titles such as Diablo III, Assassins Creed 3, and Halo 4.

Marketing concerns lead me to suggest only the most popular upcoming titles.

Angry Birds table, please. I need to see Blue Bird Multiball in my lifetime.

Three words...

Phineas and Ferb (table)!

Look; I know it's a children's show, but as a guy in his mid 20's I love it; and the show is so whacky that it gives tonnes of freedom for a table.

Come on... it would be awesome (DO IT ZEN!!! DO IT!!)
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Three words...

Phineas and Ferb (table)!

Look; I know it's a children's show, but as a guy in his mid 20's I love it; and the show is so whacky that it gives tonnes of freedom for a table.

Come on... it would be awesome (DO IT ZEN!!! DO IT!!)
    DUDE! Who cares if it's a children's show? It rocks! Have you seen Regular Show? It's my favorite!

Cool

Ren and Stimpy would make for a cooler table.

Family Guy...

Sorry if this is a repost but I think a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles table would be cool. I vaguely remember seeing one as a child in a pizza parlor back in the early 90's.

Also I firmly believe the wild west theme needs to be visited in one way or another and I suppose the samurai theme as well.

I also remember playing a baseball themed table in my early years that actually spit out baseball cards for hitting a home run. That was mind-blowing at the time. Perhaps Zen could look into avatar unlocks (xbox 360) for individual tables for achieving some extreme challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by ElCabrónito View Post
    Perhaps Zen could look into avatar unlocks (xbox 360) for individual tables for achieving some extreme challenge?
    This is what I want to see implemented in more tables. At least gamerpics.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

On thematic tables.
    - Would love one based on Pirates or buccaneers.
    - one with secret agents and missions involved with that.
    - How about one that is based on conquerors in Medieval times like Rome?
    - how about 1 involved deep sea adventures?
    - how a silly themed cartoon like character that blows things up?

............wait......... There are already tables like that? What?...................
    You xbox players are so lucky. Would love to have Rome Buccaneer and other tables for the PS3.

Wizard Modes Completed:
    Buccaneer (01-06-11) Secrets of the Deep (01-20-11) Agents (01-24-11) Biolab (03-31-11)
    Ms. Splosion Man (10-08-11) Sorcerer’s Lair (10-12-11) Paranormal (10-26-11) Spider-Man (11-13-11)
    Moon Knight (12-15-11) Ghost Rider (01-15-12) Captain America (01-17-12) Epic Quest (02-16-12)
    Rome (03-11-12) Pasha (03-12-12)
    Like your sig! My wizard mode completed is Epic quest! Captain America, Thor, Fantastic 4, Iron Man and Sorcerers lair.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Like your sig! My wizard mode completed is Epic quest! Captain America, Thor, Fantastic 4, Iron Man and Sorcerers lair.
    Thanks. It was longer, but then I realized some of them I didn't actually complete as I originally thought. Example: Earth Defense. At first I thought I completed Wizard Mode because I unlocked the achievement for it. Then later realized there was an alternate way to unlock the achievement, which I had triggered.

Just keep at it, you'll get more with practice. ShoryukenToTheChin has some really nice table guides on MarvelPinball.com that are a big help. A lot of the newer tables seem to be a bit easier than the classics, but they all fall with enough practice and patience.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)

Thumbs up

I don't post here much since I've historically been at the xbox forums (not many folks over there these days by the way) yet I've been coming here more and more often and noticed that Zen actually reads these forums which I think is great!! With that said I don't necasarily have a new table suggestion yet I'd like to make a couple of suggestions for the current FX2:

Is there any way that you can add a feature within multiplayer that I can switch tables at the end of a game rather than backing out and losing all the folks that are in the game with me/ continue playing the same table.

Also I was wondering if you guys had any intentions of adding some more avatar clothing? I'd like to see something a little more prestigious rewarded for something like completing all of the achievements (which I have not been able to accomplish....).

Thanks for your time and keep up the great work Zen

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Yes a steampunk table would be table of the year by far!!
    In agreement with lasvegas and lepruk on this.

A streampunk theme gives Zen a lot to work with without requiring a license agreement or anyone else's IP.

The idea that you can take a primitive technology make something new and unexpected fits both steampunk and pinball. Pipes, cogs, a factory feel; I think those concepts would work out really good with a little silver ball bouncing around them.
    Plus you can make it your "own," doing anything you wanted with the artwork, characters, tone (dark/light). This is something I want more from Zen: your OWN ips, not that I have anything against licensed tables, I just prefer the fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    In agreement with lasvegas and lepruk on this.

A streampunk theme gives Zen a lot to work with without requiring a license agreement or anyone else's IP.

The idea that you can take a primitive technology make something new and unexpected fits both steampunk and pinball. Pipes, cogs, a factory feel; I think those concepts would work out really good with a little silver ball bouncing around them.
    Plus you can make it your "own," doing anything you wanted with the artwork, characters, tone (dark/light). This is something I want more from Zen: your OWN ips, not that I have anything against licensed tables, I just prefer the fresh.
    I'm not really a into the whole steampunk craze, although I am a bit fascinated with it. I don't dress the part or anything like that but just the way these people make primitive tools do modern day things is genius. And as Dalek stated, I think there is a lot of potential there for Pinball. I would love to see a steampunk table in Pinball FX's future. Preferably near future.

Steampunk-ish themed table with ray guns!

http://www.drgrordborts.com/dr-grord...eets-violence/

I agree about steampunk in general. No need to be slavish to it; just pinch ideas here and there.

Hmm, trying to think of themes I've never seen before..

- A cat burglar, stealing various precious items from museums with security systems
    - A journey through the body, a la Fantastic Voyage
    - Taking a boxer through his fighting career
    - A clockwork table that rearranges itself for different modes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Steampunk-ish themed table with ray guns!

http://www.drgrordborts.com/dr-grord...eets-violence/

I agree about steampunk in general. No need to be slavish to it; just pinch ideas here and there.
    Steampunk FTW. Ever play Tesla on PS3? That's sorta Steampunkish. Hopefully 360 gets that table.

Quote Originally Posted by duwease View Post
    Hmm, trying to think of themes I've never seen before..

- A cat burglar, stealing various precious items from museums with security systems
    - A journey through the body, a la Fantastic Voyage
    - Taking a boxer through his fighting career
    - A clockwork table that rearranges itself for different modes
    some interesting stuff. I like the one a la Fantastic Voyage. The cat burglar 1 is also a nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    On thematic tables.
    - Would love one based on Pirates or buccaneers.
    - one with secret agents and missions involved with that.
    - How about one that is based on conquerors in Medieval times like Rome?
    - how about 1 involved deep sea adventures?
    - how a silly themed cartoon like character that blows things up?

............wait......... There are already tables like that? What?...................
    You xbox players are so lucky. Would love to have Rome Buccaneer and other tables for the PS3.
    Trust me; You do not want buccaneers or Rome to be honest.

I'd quite like them to do a new Pirate-based table considering how far they have come since those original tables. Pirates are always awesome so giving the theme a table it deserves would be awesome.

Default Mo' Betta Tables

The whole progressive table concept is great. I like the one person's idea above where you take a boxer through a particular career. Nice. Here are a few other themes.

- Pro sports - Select a team, go for the championship! Licensing would probably be hard to come by though

- Movie based? - Old school physical machines were movie themed. Can you get into that also?

- Board game themes? - Monopoly, LIFE, Stratego, RISK???

- MARVEL themes - Marvel vs. Capcom!, Punisher, Venom, Civil War,

-More Street Fighter tables? - SFIV, SSFIV, Street Fighter 2, etc.

-Wing Commander style theme - Like Epic quest only you do dogfights rather than vs. battles. Outfit your fighter with various weapons and equipment (loot). Asteroid field = forest, travel to different systems, etc.

Welcome to the forums! Also, these are great suggestions! I love the board games idea, Risk would be INSANE, I love it!!

A series of Jules Verne steampunk tables would be excellent! Extraordinary Voyages series with tables based on "A Journey to the Center of the Earth", "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", "Around the World in 80 days" and "Mysterious Island" to mention a few. Pretty sure licensing would be a non issue for the most part.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Welcome to the forums! Also, these are great suggestions! I love the board games idea, Risk would be INSANE, I love it!!
    Hungry Hungry Hippos would be insane too!

Talking

Of all the Jules Verne titles "Mysterious Island" seems the best to me.
    Weird creatures and perhaps a volcano... lots of cool ideas in that book.

Can we look forward to some creepy comic Snow White take-off for Halloween?!

Steampunk FTW. Ever play Tesla on PS3? That's sorta Steampunkish. Hopefully 360 gets that table.
    Yah, I've got Tesla. It's not a bad table, but I very rarely use my PS3. I dunno what it is, I just prefer to game on my 360.

If they ever do put Tesla on the 360, I think it needs a bit of polish and some extra oomph, particularly in the audio department.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla/Shaman/etc. on Pinball FX3. By then I'm sure both Microsoft and Sony will have their own exclusive opening 4-pack for the new platform. Until then though, I doubt it. I guess they have to keep the games a bit exclusive to satisfy both parties.

That being said, I seriously hope I'm wrong. I'd love to play Tesla but my roommate refuses to buy PSN points for a system that basically is a dust collector. He bought the system solely for Gran Turismo 5 and was massively disappointed. Forza 4 totally blows it out of the water. Truth is, I could buy the points myself but I don't own a PS3, so me buying games for a system I don't own seems pointless to me. Again, I would love to see the PS3 exclusives on FX2 but I'm pretty sure that won't happen until FX3, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    That being said, I seriously hope I'm wrong. I'd love to play Tesla but my roommate refuses to buy PSN points for a system that basically is a dust collector. He bought the system solely for Gran Turismo 5 and was massively disappointed. Forza 4 totally blows it out of the water. Truth is, I could buy the points myself but I don't own a PS3, so me buying games for a system I don't own seems pointless to me. Again, I would love to see the PS3 exclusives on FX2 but I'm pretty sure that won't happen until FX3, if at all.
    Console exclusivity is getting kind of ridiculous these days. Both consoles are pretty powerful IMO. I only own the PS3 and pretty proud of it. The + side for me that it is a Bray player and I don't have to any extra monthly fees. That was the selling point for me. I already pay for internet access why do people want to pay extra for a console monthly service. I know PS3 has it's PS+ but I digress.

I feel bad for xbox players that don't get to play infamous or Little big planet uncharted series, god of war etc. Likewise to those that like Halo and gears of war. (personally any FPS on the consoles I stay far away from because I can't stand using the controllers)

There are some interesting looking table in FX2 that I would love to have such as buccaneer and Rome. Even though they are 'older' tables, They still could be fun to play. I still play some of the tables on zen pinball but not as often as Epic quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Mars and most of the Marvel tables. Still would be nice to to see every table available for both systems.

Speaking of which why don't we have a table based on console wars? Each missions based on who has the best RPG, FPS, mascot etc.? Just kidding.

All this exclusivity nonsense ended when shaman and eldorado appeared on the nintendo 3ds system .... if this 2 table from the zen pinball core pack made their way to nintendo, it's obvious they're not sony exclusiv anymore.

Plus we saw a while back in an early w8 video preview the 'mars' and 'tesla' icons in the pbfx2 table grid, tesla also was in the zen pinball core pack.

So i guess what zen is doing right now is the same they did before pbfx2 was out, they must be re-doing those tables but this time for a future global release on every platform with the new physic engine and some graphic polishing. Will it be additional pack for pbfx2 or pbfx3, i sure can't tell.

By the way zen, even if it's not a fan favorite, we also want the V12 table

And why not re-issuing those old ios tables ...rollercoaster and inferno ?

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X DrLobo View Post
    And why not re-issuing those old ios tables ...rollercoaster and inferno ?

Defo would like to see that along with the Zen Pinball core pack jumping the console sea.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Defo would like to see that along with the Zen Pinball core pack jumping the console sea.
    I couldn't agree more.

im thinking about a chemical periodical tables of elements table. where the ball is a neutron and you can smash it into other balls to create fission and i guess the wizard mode would be nuclear.

Thumbs down

Oh God no. How freaking geeky.

I'd love to see a Mega Man themed table. Zen's already got rapport with Capcom (at least I hope so).

There could be a mode for each robot master, and wizard mode would be Wily's Castle!

Thumbs up

Great idea Nam! MegaMan would make for a great table.

Oh God no. How freaking geeky.
    lol , i love chemistry , i guess we already have the tesla table , my other idea would be ... mini games but not related to pinball like in the ghost rider table but better grafx like pacmam or asteroids .

Thumbs up

Like the new Asteroids or Pac Man DX games? Galaga DX too. Those would be so goddamn awesome.

Seeing as we have so many Marvel tables, how about a satirical or spoof Superhero themed table? The worst Superhero ever table: Keyboard Troll Warrior. lol

Thumbs up

hahaha, personally don't wanna see another spoof for awhile. Eventually that would be cool though.

Not a table idea, but a menu option. Colorblind mode. While not colorblind myself when long gaming sessions kick in this is THE BEST thing to enable. I exclusively play League of Legends in this mode and would like to see it in pinball FX 2

Default Megaman! First robot on Everest!

different bosses. different weapons to use, which like in the games, hurt certain bosses more. A large cast of supporting characters, and the fact that capcom isn't doing anything with him and zen has already worked with them for the SFII table.

Another great table would be a mountain climbing table. Like EVEREST! or something. One of my favorite tables is Secrets of the Deep. I think a table with a similar exploratory feel would be great. Every mission brings you higher in the altitude. There could be an avalanch multiball and the spinner could be used for different things like refilling oxygen tanks and climbing up ropes. They could even use gimmicks like wind on a mission to change the ball physics a little. I think some of their best tables are originals, and not based on any licenses. Another fantastic table is Biolab. The best music of all the tables and a totally weird idea that is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Colossus View Post

One of my favorite tables is Secrets of the Deep. Another fantastic table is Biolab. The best music of all the tables and a totally weird idea that is amazing.

Gee it would be great if PS3 players could play these tables. Exclusivity is really starting to irk me.

Why not try some music licenses?

Iron Maiden pinball

Arguably one of the bands with the most rich, iconic imagery in all of music. You could do a table based on each album artwork. Each album has its own style/theme and a different Eddie. Tons of background music to pull from. It could be amazing.

My ideal choice would be Somewhere in Time. The LED display font goes perfectly, it has a future/sci-fi theme, that Eddie animated on the table would be awesome. Perfect for this game. Please make this happen.

Default Cheech and chong table!!!!

ive always been a huge fan of the cheech and chong movies and think a Cheech and Chong table would be not only funny but awesome to play!!!!

Old thread, I know, but I have to second a few ideas that would be a good fit for pinball, have decently broad appeal and have never had pinball tables before that I'm aware of...

• Futurama - Endless possibilities.
    • Ghostbusters - How was there never a real Ghostbusters table made? Maybe now that the third movie might actually be happening...
    • Aqua Teen Hunger Force - There was even an episode where Shake had a ridiculous ATHF-themed pinball table with foot pedals and like 18 flippers. He said something like, "If the Family Guy can have one, why can't we?"
    • Portal - Now that you are getting on Steam...
    • Archer - Please let the rumors be true...

And I'll add one new one...

• Adventure Time - A bit more obscure, but it seems to have a decent following among college students and adults, not just kids (6.5 million Likes on Facebook, apparently). My girlfriend and I -- both in our 30s -- love it. There is a crazy amount of material there.

I wouldn't mind seeing more originals, either, and there were some good ideas in this thread. But I think these licenses would fit Zen's style very well and have a lot to offer in terms of characters, story/mission ideas, sound clips, etc. A couple might be a bit hard to fit in with the ESRB rating, but I bet you could still do something fun, even if you had to "bleep" a few sound clips.

If you can get Star Wars, I'd have to think that you can get anything!

MLP:FIM loads of things could be done with this also. Obviously this wouldn't be to everyones taste but there are many people that would love it. Needs a deal doing with Hasbro but I'm sure when they see the stirling job done with the other licenced tables they could be convinced.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'd like to see some tables based on Namco/Midway games. For example; Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Digdug, Gauntlet, Mortal Kombat (2nd vote), Spy Hunter etc. Those two licenses would keep you guys busy for a long time. WB now owns the rights to Midway, so that should be easy to get.

I'd also like to add my vote for Nightmare on Elm Street (Robert England) and Friday the 13th. Expensive to acquire I'd imagine, but would be very fun.
    Last edited by Frostyglitch; 04-20-2013 at 10:44 AM.

I can agree with most things, but please. please, please, for the love of all things good in the world, don't let the evil of MLP:FIM ever get made.

Default Original Power Rangers

What we need... Is an original Power Rangers table or two. Like, 90's era. Maybe you could have this prologue mission where you morph all the characters, and then you would have another mission where you connect the parts of the Megazord, and you can see the power rangers fighting a certain monsters, and that would be a multiball...

Nostalgia Trip.

Get Saban to allow this please...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123