Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pinball Table Ideas? - Post 'em Here

Default New Pinball Table Ideas? - Post 'em Here

In this thread, simply post what you think would make a good new pinball table to add on to Pinball FX2. I'll start off.

I think a good table to make, would be a Duke Nukem style table. It would have Duke standing somewhere on the board of course (Just like how some tables have people on them i.e Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, etc.) and the Cycloid Emperor or one of the bosses off in the corner that missions would be linked to. Heck, maybe even more than one enemy on the table.

It would also include some Duke catch-phrases. (i.e when you get a Multi-Ball, Duke says "I've got Balls of Steel", or when you get a jackpot he says "Hail to the King, Baby!")

Table's design would of course show Duke standing on top of some aliens (Like the front of Duke 3D) or something else. Maybe include Pig-cops on the bumpers or something. All sound effects would be Duke related.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Post your ideas below

Not to trash on your idea, but they couldn't do the Duke justice and stay within the ESRB rating FX2 has. I wish that wasn't a constraint because I personally would love to see a good horror themed table. Either an established franchise, (Saw, Texas Chainsaw, Nightmare on Elm St, Dead Space, ect.) or an original theme.

Also, the new Duke game got completely trashed by reviewers, and it's never a good idea to follow a flop with a tie-in. The die-hards would buy the table, but it likely wouldn't sell enough to justify the development costs.

Quote Originally Posted by heathenSauce View Post
    Not to trash on your idea, but they couldn't do the Duke justice and stay within the ESRB rating FX2 has. I wish that wasn't a constraint because I personally would love to see a good horror themed table. Either an established franchise, (Saw, Texas Chainsaw, Nightmare on Elm St, Dead Space, ect.) or an original theme.

Also, the new Duke game got completely trashed by reviewers, and it's never a good idea to follow a flop with a tie-in. The die-hards would buy the table, but it likely wouldn't sell enough to justify the development costs.
    True, definitely have a point there... Well, just a thought, plus, Gearbox is planning on releasing more games, so hopefully they take advantage of a new engine and make it better. Maybe then Zen can think about this.

I do agree though, wouldn't be financially wise currently to release a table like that.

It may have got trashed by reviewers but more people on my friend list are playing it than L.A. Noire. Go Figure.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I would think a Bowling Themed Table would be cool, that requires you to do various missions like 7-10 split etc. Imagine a set of Pins coming out from the middle of the Table and you have to hit it right to get a strike.

I think it would be awesome.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I said in the other thread like this but i'll say it here.

A really nice steam-punk table is what I am dreamin' of. Glass jars and engines exploding with steam for visual pleasure.

It could be a rebel the uprising kinda thing. You *play* as a rebel force or w/e and you have to collect scrap metal etc etc for ammunition.

I unno I am sure Zen could do wonders with it. I hope they see this and reply with at least *we will consider a stream-punk theme*... Please?!?!

Default Zen MakeThisPinball Tweet Request

Now is your chance guys... Zen just tweeted the following:

If there is a particular pinball table you would like to see, tweet @zen_studios #MakeThisPinball & include the twitter for that brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Now is your chance guys... Zen just tweeted the following:

If there is a particular pinball table you would like to see, tweet @zen_studios #MakeThisPinball & include the twitter for that brand.
    I don't use twitter - Can someone tweet steampunk for me? *begs*

I have a twitter account, but really detest using it. I think they'll pay attention to the forum though I believe.

Had to tweet my idea for Terminator 2: Judgment Day... Not a remake of the classic Williams machine, but a completely new table based of one of the best action movies ever.

With the current technology of the Xbox 360, this table could have some really awesome special effects and could feature 3D models for both terminators. There would be no other way to describe it other than EPIC!

@Duke Nukem: You mean like this? A remake of that table in 3D and with an improved physics engine would be really great!

(off topic, regarding the Duke Nukem Forever discussion: the game is good, reviews I read had some valid negative points I agree with but mainly were harsh just for the sake of punishing it for its long development cycle or whatever... rent it and try for yourself, don't believe all the stuff written about it. btw, there's an interactive pinball machine playable in DNF, but neither the boring design nor the strange ball physics make it very fun to play unfortunately...)

How about a circus or carnival themed table?

Something along the lines of classic pins like Cirqus Voltaire, Cyclone, Comet and Funhouse.

A table based on Duke 3D, with the original graphical style and voices. Now we're talking.

Once again it could be bundled into a "Classic pack" or something. Duke Nukem, Quake, Doom and Wolfenstein or if they're too similiar then make it Duke Nukem 3D, Baldur's Gate, System Shock and Jazz Jackrabbit or something

It would be really cool if Zen was able to make a 4 table pack focusing on each game publisher/developer. EA pack, Ubi pack, Valve pack etc. I can't imagine what a trailer showing Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Mass Effect and Burnout tables would be like and what sort of reception it would get.

Default Table Idea

I would love to see a Gradius table - it translates well to pinball:

The boss has 5 layers of armor protecting it's core, so to destory it you must hit it many times....

The weapon select could be advanced by orbits, then selected by shooting a target.....

Options could translate to multiball mode, up to four like in the Gradius games.....

Shoot the Core!

I agree with ShoryukenToTheChin's suggestion that a bowling theme, or any sports theme like golf, billiards, soccer, etc., would be a great addition to the library.

Dungeons & Dragons would be pretty cool too. Various classes, quests, and leveling up seems like it'd be perfect for pinball. Better yet, you guys should get friendly with the guys at Behemoth and make a Castle Crashers table.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    I would love to see a Gradius table - it translates well to pinball:

The boss has 5 layers of armor protecting it's core, so to destory it you must hit it many times....

The weapon select could be advanced by orbits, then selected by shooting a target.....

Options could translate to multiball mode, up to four like in the Gradius games.....

Shoot the Core!
    I used to love playing Gradius(3) in the arcades both an awsome and annoyingly hard game.
    would love to get Gradius 3 on xbox live or the Thunder Force games.
    Last edited by satch; 08-05-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    I would think a Bowling Themed Table would be cool, that requires you to do various missions like 7-10 split etc. Imagine a set of Pins coming out from the middle of the Table and you have to hit it right to get a strike.

I think it would be awesome.
    Did I hear someone say "The Dude!"?

Besides an El Duderino table I´d realy love to see some Steampunk-Themed stuff or a better pirate-themed table than Buccaneer.. If it should go with a franchise, Monkey Island or Pirates of the Caribbean would be fine, but a good Pirate-Table without any relations would be awesome too.. hell, now that I think of it.. a Monkey Island Table..

Quote Originally Posted by Sildorian View Post
    hell, now that I think of it.. a Monkey Island Table..
    Rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle as a ramp, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Scratcher View Post
    Rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle as a ramp, anyone?
    That or the ball rides a rip cord to the lower playfield. Plenty of freedom with such a theme, I like the idea

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    I would love to get Gradius 3 on xbox live or the Thunder Force games.
    If they ever make a Gradius 6, I'd love to see all the previous versions as DLC, including the amazing 5, done by Treasure......

As for other shmup pinball tables, Gradius is the most likely, since Konami is the most successful company still in the running. Irem is about to pull the plug, and Technosoft is down to manufacturing Pachinko machines last I heard.....

Since movies have been mentioned, I must also nominate a table based on the 80's classic, Flash Gordon.

Default new tables

since i am a big zombies fan i would love to see a nazi zombies tables from call of duty,but i know its M rated so....... a StarCraft 2 themed table would be sweet. tell u the truth any new table would be nice, my money is burning a hole in my pocket for any new pinball table. fx2,zen pinabll or marvel i have them all.

Lightbulb

I've been thinking of a few:
    (and yes, I know they're pretty much all from movies and shows, but think of them more as examples and less as potential problems in obtaining legal rights.)

Drumroll please...

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I own every episode and there are so many pinball possibilities hidden throughout the series it's crazy!

2. Nightmare Before Christmas. Or anything from Tim Burton or Tim Burton-ish. He's one of me favorites Also, I'm a MEGA fan of all things horror-esque. Basically anything you'd find on TV during Halloween. So, let's think INSIDE the padded cell, shall we?

3. Hercules (the Disney version). Like the ROME counterpart, only more playful. Y'know, with Zeus and Hades, the Titans, the Fates, Pegasus, Phil and that furshlugginer heel of his!

4. Alice and Wonderland, or some kind of trippy fun-land

5. The Fifth Element.

6. Sunday, Monday, Happy Days!

7. Tales from the Crypt. This is the only actual pinball machine that I really remember seeing, and I was terrified to even go near it.

8. Phineas and Ferb. The show is hilarious, and with it's 2 storyline approach (Dr. Doofenshmirtz & Perry the Platypus/Phineas & Ferb's inventions), it would make a great pinball table.

9. Carnival. With roller-coasters and a Ferris Wheel and ooh! that 'test your strength' game; Fun for the whole family!

10. Hollywood. Climb your way to the top of the celebrity pyramid and eventually transition into a super-huge mega star! Win awards, date super models, have a psychotic breakdown or two...

11. Dark humor. I understand the drawbacks of making tables a little less than kid-friendly and intended for a more mature audience, but since xboxlive's parental settings can be adjusted, why not make a "viewer discretion advised" kind of table? ...just a thought

12. The Wizard of Oz. "Follow the yellow brick road..."

13. Crash Bandicoot. 'Twas my first favorite video game :')

That's all I can think of for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mumva View Post
    I agree with ShoryukenToTheChin's suggestion that a bowling theme, or any sports theme like golf, billiards, soccer, etc., would be a great addition to the library.

Dungeons & Dragons would be pretty cool too. Various classes, quests, and leveling up seems like it'd be perfect for pinball. Better yet, you guys should get friendly with the guys at Behemoth and make a Castle Crashers table.

That would be an awesome idea for a Zen original tables 4-pack. 4 sports themed tables. I personally think it'd be awesome to see a bowling, hockey, baseball, and billiards themed table.

And speaking of collaborations (a la Ms. 'Splosion Man), Castle Crashers would be out****ingstanding. That game was a riot, and still one of my all time favorite XBLA games.

I would like to see the following made into tables for pinballfx2:

Southpark
    Familiy Guy
    Wild Western Shooter themed table
    Punisher
    Star man
    Alf
    Teen Wolf
    Back to the future would be sweet..you have to agree

If they do back to the future they could have the deck change as you travel through time.

Castle Crashers would be awesome too.

I'd like to see a nature inspired zen garden with stone ramps and cherry trees and maybe a waterfall. The missions could help rotate through the seasons on the table kind of like Blade's day/night, but have the decorations change like blossoms on the trees in spring and the leaves changing colors in fall. Winter would be tight with snow on everything.

Actually I want a four pack of nature inspired tables. Like maybe a niagara falls table or grand canyon, ones that feel more realistic than classically pinball. I guess there is almost a god game feel to it in my head, flicking a pinball around ramps carved into the canyon walls. What if it started a 1/3 of the way full, and with the 'Flash Flood Multiball' jackpot shot you unleash a torrent of water that erodes you down a level on the table.

Im curious to know if Sorcerers Lair, Paranormal and Ms Splosion man tables will be available sometime this month..maybe around the time of the PAX event.

I would love to see some of the pinball dreams/fantasy tables in pinball fx 2 in full 3D. Tilt as well on the Saturn/PS1 also had some great table. But licensing issue might make them tricky. A Marvel vs Capcom table would be nice.
    Last edited by slicer1000; 08-18-2011 at 01:21 PM.

There are two things I would like to see in Zen's future tables.

1.) A center post between the flippers. Most real pinball machines have this feature and it can be very useful in preventing SDTM shots.

2.) A magnet next to the upper flipper. Since Zen likes having a third flipper with at least one difficult ramp shot. It would be nice if they added a magnet to the flipper, which can be turned on at certain times to make that ramp shot a little bit easier to hit. One of my all time favorite pinball tables (Rollergames) has this feature. By shooting the ball into the hole (The Pit) when lit, the magnet would turn on and ball would eject to the magnet.

I've included a picture of the table below with the two features (magnet and center post) circled in red.

Last edited by shogun00; 08-18-2011 at 06:05 PM.

"Fantastic Four " Has a magnet next to the upper flipper. I think its activted by hitting (right) orbits and spelling invisible ?.

A Battlestar Galactica table would be awesome. The missions could focus on finding the way back to earth and could involve minigames like finding out, who's a cylon and who's not.

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    "Fantastic Four " Has a magnet next to the upper flipper. I think its activted by hitting (right) orbits and spelling invisible ?.
    I forgot about that one. However, it's a far cry from what the magnet in Rollergames does.

Stern have George Gomez working on Transformers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBpcj0uOK_M

A TINTIN table would be nice.
    It could be the "unknown" table to be released, based on the upcomimg movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIN 68 View Post
    A TINTIN table would be nice.
    It could be the "unknown" table to be released, based on the upcomimg movie.
    Come on ZEN give us some of your cryptic clues to what the unknown table is

Frankenstein's Monster.

You could do a lot with that board

i want a marijuana table

with sum leaves,and get the big bud multiball ,or stick icky sativa quality multiball madness,and you must hits the targets 420,kickback on this table call than flashbacks^^

alf really cool

cheech n chong

miami vice^^

he-man
    sry for my really bad english

Said it before, say it again :

Tron :Welcome to the grid...
    Portal : Hello and again, welcome...

Now i found the start, zen go figure the rest

Default Mortal Kombat

I think a Mortal Kombat themed table would be pretty awesome and sell a lot. They could use the new MK assets and and "klassic" costumes to make a table styled after the original Mortal Kombat.

You could pick from one of the seven original fighters, and the other remaining 6 could be used a mission themes, with a Goro and Shao Khan battle for a wizard mode. After completing a series of shots, there could be a difficult target shot to Finish! your opponent.

This is probably a long shot, because it would take a partnership between Neatherrealm Studios, WB Games, and Zen. But, could work out and lead to other WB games' related tables, like a Batman Table.

Edit: given Neatherrealm Studios' past experience with Bally/ Midway Pinball machines, this might be an idea they would welcome.
    Last edited by Mogurchak; 08-30-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Default Pinball theme of "Texas Holde'm"

I would love to see a pinball table around TEXAS HOLDE'M poker game.

Cheers

I'd like to see a casino themed table (thanks JandG for reminding me). Imagine: double-or-nothing jackpots, slot machine DMD games, craps table design, roulette wheel gimmick, black jack multi-ball. Make this happen.

In addition. I think it would be so cool if you could create a virtual pinball arcade in which our avatars could roam around a room of replica machines of your pinball games. It would do a great deal to recreate the feeling of an arcade.

Anybody on our friends list who is playing the game would show up at the table they're playing. I want black lights, cheesy carpet patterns, and allow us to have custom soundtracks playing in the background. You could even gray out the tables and put an out of order sign on for the cheapskates who don't have every table.

Probably not worth the trouble, but these are the silly things that pop into my head when I'd rather not be working out.

How about a Black Knight 2000 table that would f'n rock with all the sound effects and everything from the original machine---

In addition. I think it would be so cool if you could create a virtual pinball arcade in which our avatars could roam around a room of replica machines of your pinball games. It would do a great deal to recreate the feeling of an arcade.
    That would be awesome! Zen will soon have to think about a new menu design anyway.. in a few month, we wont be able to see the small icons otherwise, if it keeps going on the way it is now ^^
    Designing your own arcade room with the pinballmachines you´ve bought and maybe even an option to decorate it with special item that can be unlocked by fullfilling certain tasks on every table (like the achievements).
    I think that would be very nice, but the main design-focus for Zen should always be on a quick navigation through your tables.

Apart from that: I am a great fan of anime an manga and would love to see a tabledesign in that direction.. I could imagine a great Death Note machine for example, with a very dark feeling to it. Since the maincharacter always has to be on the lookout so he won´t get caught, there could be a timer between every main mission, that can be lowered by completing some simpler "smart move"-sidemissions.. those (or similar mechanics) could also be used to lower the "risk level", which determines how much time you get to fullfill the main missions.
    This way we would get something interesting like the "Blade"-table, where you have to do preparations if you want to get the most out of it.

There's a lot of table designs I'd like to see, but being a huge fan of Star Wars, that's a design I'd really love to have.

Hope they will make some classic or based on classic tables.

I would love to see tables based on the following franchises:

- Mortal Kombat
    - Friday The 13th
    - A Nightmare On Elm Street (Englund)
    - Dawn Of The Dead (Romero)
    - Metallica
    - Queen (the band)
    - South Park
    - Halo
    - Gears Of War
    - Spawn
    - Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
    - Starship Troopers
    - Alien

I could go on forever...
    Of course it's probably all a matter of licensing procedures

I really want to see them put together more IP's. It's awesome seeing them cross promote Marvel and Ms. Splosion Man...but I want to see more of the likes of SoTD, Biolab, and Excalibur. I like some of the ideas revolving around a casino type table. That...would be awesome. I also like the idea of tables based around sports like baseball, hockey, and even bowling. An amusement park themed table would let you have rollercoaster like ramps, carnival games, different "rides... The minigame and DMD possibilities would be endless. Whack-a-mole DMD...ski-ball minigame...a fun house labyrinth in a similar ilk to the maze in Biolab. If I could see one "licensed" table...I'd like to see what they could do with a Monopoly theme. Free Parking Jackpots, getting your balls thrown in Jail, then getting a get out of Jail Free card and having them all set free...Community Chest and Chance...collecting all the properties and building houses and hotels.... The ramps could be the four different sides of the table. The ball could even turn into one of the tokens. LOL Table would have some serious possibilities. Chutes & Ladders would be another board game with a lot of potential.

I just do not think it's necessary to have someone else's product attached to your table for it to be entertaining and deep. These guys are more than capable of putting together unique ideas and themes, and I'd like to see more of it.

You do know that there is already a reall monopoly table made by Stern.

watch it on youtube it looks fun.

Also there is a table in Future pinball named big spender .
    its a casino theme where you start with a amount of money points and you have to win some more by roulett and slots but if you dont play right you go bankrupt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAhF62DNUH0
    Last edited by chivato; 09-13-2011 at 11:52 PM.

I've posted dozens of ideas on the huge, older threads on this topic, but to summarise my favourite themes:

• Steam Punk
    • Neo Tokyo
    • Fun Fair
    • Heavy Metal
    • Wild West
    • Baseball
    • Aztec/Inca?
    Last edited by Ozzpot; 09-21-2011 at 04:36 AM.

It's already been suggested but I think hockey and soccer tables would be funny and awesome!

Enter the Dragon
    Mortal Kombat
    Kill Bill
    Rocky
    Night of the living dead
    Machine Girl
    Stone henge
    Uncharted
    The Bourne Identity
    Friday the 13th
    DR Strange
    Daredevil
    Ghost Rider
    Hulk
    Thor
    Superman
    Hellraiser
    Last edited by KBI35; 09-15-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: more content.

Hey Zen

Is there any chance you guys can change the extreme table theme to the original black knight 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by JFabien View Post
    I would like to see the following made into tables for pinballfx2:

Southpark
    Familiy Guy
    Wild Western Shooter themed table
    Punisher
    Star man
    Alf
    Teen Wolf
    Back to the future would be sweet..you have to agree
    Indeed Back to the Future would be great but than if we already tai about Movie or TV shows than it would be also great to get a Transformers G1 Tribute or Transformers from the Movie Universe.

By the way: I just got an Idea for the upcoming Ghost Rider table!

Just look at this:
    http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...eenshot005.jpg

..while listening to that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r02de5e_Pg

Any questions?

By the way: I just got an Idea for the upcoming Ghost Rider table!

Just look at this:
    http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...eenshot005.jpg

..while listening to that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r02de5e_Pg

Any questions?
    kasabians single "fire" would work well with the ghost rider table and/or of course johnny cash.."ghost riders in the sky". But of course the Best would be joe satriani's "surfin with the alien"

I see alot of why not make a "insert my favorite game here" responses.

Instead of Zen focusing on licensed ideas, why not use more universal ideas that could be developed cheaper (and hopefully faster)?

I will repeat some of the ideas already posted.
    - Carnival/Theme Park/Rollercoaster.
    - Games of chance (cards/slots/etc).
    - Sports (have a baseball table with a throwback mini play area like real baseball pinball tables).

All of the above ideas are fairly universal and would allow Zen creativity insteading of having to stay true to licensed material.

I will add a few ideas that I haven't seen posted.
    - Western/Gunslinger theme

- Battle mode for mutliplayer.
    During a battle mode when you achieve certain goals or make shots on your table, it affects certain aspects on your opponents table.
    -- For example, the first person to hit your own mushroom bumpers 100 times will disable your opponents bumpers for the rest of their ball or x amount of time.
    -- Another example, achieve an extra ball on your table and "steal" a remaining ball from your opponent.
    -- Battle mode could be score/timed/goal based.

----------

PS. I found online that Gottlieb had patented a 2 player simultaneous table (each player standing at opposite ends of the table). Here is a link with the patent info (http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3675927.html). The detailed info talks about a table that has the ability to tilt the table/playfield and offense/defensive strategies.

I vaguely remember playing a football version of a flat 2 person table in an arcade. Here are 2 links to tables like this from the Internet Pinball Database

A.G. Football (http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2886)
    A.G. Soccer-Ball (http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=120)

A seach of head-to-head found 22 matching results (http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=he...archtype=quick)
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 09-20-2011 at 06:56 PM.

A gunslinger table! Nice idea!

+1 to a "gunslinger/wild west" table. A battle mode, would also be billy bad ass. That would be seriously cool. I love the idea. It reminds me of playing puzzle games. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction for the other player.

I'd love to see a design for linked tables. You beat wizard mode, or something to that effect on one table, hit a ramp, and it launches the ball on another table. See how many tables you can make your way through in the 3 balls given, with the ability to earn extras as you move to each new table.

+1 to "gunslinger/wild west" from me too That theme would be in my top 3 wishlist alongside steampunk and a new (and better) pirate-themed table (Monkey Island!! ).

Anybody on our friends list who is playing the game would show up at the table they're playing. I want black lights, cheesy carpet patterns, and allow us to have custom soundtracks playing in the background. You could even gray out the tables and put an out of order sign on for the cheapskates who don't have every table.

Probably not worth the trouble, but these are the silly things that pop into my head when I'd rather not be working out.

You sir, are a genius ! That is just brilliant, think GAMEROOM ... designing and ordering your room and tables would be awesome.

Think about it, 20 tables and more to come would make for an excellent interactive experience, even more if, like you suggest , your friends can be seen playing on tables in your Pinball room !

And if you could make your own mini tournaments on multiple tables, in your room .... argh, the possibilities are endless !

Some kind of Japanese themed table would be really cool. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas would be good for Xmas. Actually any Dr.Seuss table would be really cool and innovative. You could do a lot with the graphics and gameplay.

I think a Las Vegas themed table would be pretty sweet.
    Okay, someone please tweet this one. An Adult Swim 4 pack, consisting of:
    -Aqua Teen Hungerforce
    - Venture Brothers
    - Superjail!
    - Metalocalypse
    Special Awesome Great Bonus table : Tim & Eric/ Dr. Steve Brule.

God they could really do some great psychadelic stuff with these shows. Would be sooooo cool.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 09-23-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Beavis and Butthead would be pretty cool. Since that is coming back onto the air/MTV Oct.27th, I wonder if that will be our "special treat", hhhhmmmmmm.

Halloween: Scary, Creepy, Spooky, Horror
    My favorite genre by far. From the 21 currently released tables only 2 are horror themed: Nightmare Mansion and Blade (3 with Paranormal that is being released soon). I would like to play a more mature table. I really enjoy Nightmare Mansion but it is something you would find in a saturday mornings kids show. I don't mean splatter and gore mature. I don't like Saw and Hostel torture porn horror at all. Something that is darker but still stay within FX 2's ESRB rating. Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, Castlevania, The Ring, Hammer Horror flicks, Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee. Or a unlicensed table that features Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Zombies, Werewolf, the Mummy, Ghosts, Aqua Man, Gargoyles - anything that is scary. An original table with occult themes: seances, backward messages, monks with a black cowl that covers their face chanting something incomprehensible but certainly malevolent, scary creatures that live in a cave that you can only hear and see their glowing eyes, pentagrams, a candle with a photo realistically flickering flame on the lower left of the table, a really big modeled haunted castle that resides in the upper right of the table that lits one of his windows for every completed mission, ramps that lead inside the castle that allow access to the many rooms, a creepy boogeyman that awaits you at the top of the castles tower, the monster in the closet/under the bed, a big modeled church pipe organ plays by itself (you see the blood stained fingerboard moving) haunted mansion music, thunder and lightning crashing outside the virtual room where you play the table while you hear evil laughs. The important thing is: don't kill the horror by wackiness or childishness. Keep it more serious. Away from Nightmare Mansion's wackiness, towards Blade's darker style.

Something like this in HD:
    Devil's Crush

Hopefully Paranormal is released around halloween. Please release more such themed tables. Remember: Everything is better with Zombies (Black Ops Zombie Mode, Plants vs Zombies, half of the indie games xbox live section...), so I'm sure it would sell like candy. Make at least 2 spooky tables every year!

Zen Garden
    Like it was mentioned here before I too would love to see such a table. Relaxing xylophone wind chimes music playing in the background. A calm waterfall in the upper left flowing in to a brook. You can hear the sounds the brook makes. The sun is reflected in the water. Pink japanese cherry trees that have fallen leaves underneath that are moved by the ball (also it is "snowing" cherry tree leaves). You can see the shadows the tree makes wiggled by the wind. Then winter comes and it is snowing inside the pinball table. The snow covers everything. You can see the trails of the ball in the snow. A black/grey/white stone path leading to a zen stone garden. A yin-yang symbol changes color like a kaleidoscope. A guru would give you koans to solve. The goal of the table would be to reach satori (enlightenment). This should be a "serious", or better "sincere" table lacking whacky elements (so please don't go anywhere near stoner territory). You are named "Zen Studios", so a stylish artsy zen satori table is nearly mandatory.

Christmas Theme (or "Holiday table" to be religion neutral to include Hanukah and Kwanzaa)
    Santa Clause with his flying reindeers giving presents through the chimney. A giant christmas tree with blinking decoration lights in a corner of the table with cute little squirrels that live inside it. It is constantly snowing and snow covers everything. You can see the trail of the ball in the snow that is again covered with fresh snow after some time. You don't need to license such a theme because you could use a plethora of classic license free xmas classic songs like holy night that people around the world sing. Yes this would be cheesy as hell. But if it is released a week or two before christmas I would totally buy it. There is a reason why many studios releasing new retro styled 8/16 - bit games. They know that now grown up gamers love to remember their childhood by playing games that are similar to what they played back then. There aren't many people who don't get a warm feeling on christmas time as it reminds them of their childhood. Even atheists/agnostics celebrate it anyways, yay presents! I'm sure todays Call-of-Gears-6-Blood-Zombie core gamers would buy such a cheesy table on christmas time (but there is a drawback that sales would go down when xmas is over - how to solve this?).

Please no more licensed Marvel tables after the "Ghost Rider 4 table pack". Don't get me wrong I like Spiderman, Iron Man all those super heroes, but there is too many of those tables. Bring more un-licensed original themed tables. For some reason I like the themes of the original tables (Secrets of the Deep, Rome, Excalibur, Earth Defense) a lot more. It's like they have a soul of their own and are no soulless license products (at least those other tables are incredibly well made license products). Sadly there are more licensed tables to be released to take advantage of the already existing fan bases. "The huge fanbases of various big franchises will be more likely to buy tables based on that franchise". A wise business decision that kills originality in theme design (but doesn't necessary affects table design).

I want to see a Back to the Future table..I think everyone would agree it would be great to have an 80s movie based pinball table

Quote Originally Posted by JFabien View Post
    I want to see a Back to the Future table..I think everyone would agree it would be great to have an 80s movie based pinball table
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo3Hv8P9UIE

So I'm guessing Zen cannot secure the rights to do DC tables? I'm tired of the comic stuff after the next 4 pack too, but damn would it be nice to have a BOMB ass Batman table. I was always into Batman and Superman anyway. I never got into Marvel stuff outside of Spiderman. Well, the Hulk and Ghost Rider is cool too though.
    And more mature tables would be nice. I know they have an "everyone" rating, but maybe they could do some that you have to be a teen/adult to download. I doubt they'd do that but sure would be nice. But you know what, the really cool thing about Pinball, you can still make pretty crazy stuff and WITHOUT being vulgar. Has anyone ever played the last machine, in real life, that Williams produced? Revenge From Mars, Pinball 2000. It has mature content but is presented in a goofy way. They could definitely put this whole game onto FX2, as far as the content goes.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 09-25-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

Perhaps a table based on The Evil Dead movies. This franchise has already been used in several video games going back to the Dreamcast even and should translate well into an entertaining table.

Sometimes "B" movies (especially in the horror genre) are more remembered in pop culture than much more expensive productions. I also believe that the protagonist "Ash" would make for a good character such as in the vein of the Marvel Comics characters. Just a thought.

A Robert Crumb inspired table.

Went into a comic shop for the first time in years today. And I see that Marvel is putting out a series of Stephen King's Gunslinger books. I definitely like Marvel a lot more now. The Gunslinger would be a SUPER cool table. The Gunslinger is actually a part of The Dark Tower series. You could make a crazy ass table based off of it. I bought the only issue they had, number 2 of part 5.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Few ideas for tables I'd like to see

Halo (I know a couple of others above have also said it).
    Lord Of The Rings.
    Star Wars Saga (ONLY based on 4, 5 and 6 - I'm sorry but 1, 2, and 3 should never have been made!).
    Motley Crue (anyone remember the Mega Drive game, Crue Ball?).
    D&D - 2 choices - Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance.
    Judge Dredd (specifically as per the 2000AD (British comic) canon, and NOT the gods awful Hollywood disaster that Stallone was in).
    Star Trek - most incarnations of the franchise.

dunno if its been posted yet, so: Sonic!

could have a lot of nice features, especially a very fast extra-field, a loop and a multiball with rolling sonics: when they´re in game a long time and hit the right targets ,they could turn into yellow sonics an get more speed
    Last edited by Mr.Senses; 10-11-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Went into a comic shop for the first time in years today. And I see that Marvel is putting out a series of Stephen King's Gunslinger books. I definitely like Marvel a lot more now. The Gunslinger would be a SUPER cool table. The Gunslinger is actually a part of The Dark Tower series. You could make a crazy ass table based off of it. I bought the only issue they had, number 2 of part 5.
    Thats great news! We still have 3 undisclosed Marvel-Tables comming up and one of them is said to be "as unexpeted as the Blade-Theme".. so my bet right now is on The Gunslinger, wich would be awesome!!

Aliens VS Predators
    Tales from the Crypt (with the HBO voice!)
    Tron (pre disney)
    Transformers
    Mortal Kombat
    Sleepy Hollow

Aliens VS Predators
    Tales from the Crypt (with the HBO voice!)
    Tron (pre disney)
    Transformers
    Mortal Kombat
    Sleepy Hollow

Oh and Batman Arkam Asylum

Default Retro Tables

I would like to see some retro tables i.e ones that emulate 50's to the mid 70's mechanical tables with rollover style score keepers and pop up backglass mechanical animations and animatronics. Also tables that emulate the early 80's CPU Williams and Gottlieb Tables and Digital readouts . Some simply multilevel tables would be nice to . I guess the pasha Table was the best example but I would like to see something with the simply scoring mechanics such as the Blackknight table.

Thats great news! We still have 3 undisclosed Marvel-Tables comming up and one of them is said to be "as unexpeted as the Blade-Theme".. so my bet right now is on The Gunslinger, wich would be awesome!!
    Yes that would ROCK for real.

Default my ideas

I didn't read all 75 replies yet, so maybe some of these ideas have been posted. However here are my ideas.

I played a lot of Pinball Fantasies back on the C64 and normal Pinball in arcades. What I don't get is, why there is no Carnival or Rollercoaster table around. Those are real classics and a must!

Other ideas:
    Halo table! (should get some Halo fans on board!)
    Viva Pinata table (have us rescue some pinatas against the evil guys and send pinatas off to fashion shows and hatch new pinatas please!).
    Human Innerds table please (let us fly around as a microchip ball in the human body and help fight colds, cancer and other sickness')

The "Human Innerds" theme sounds like an interessting idea ^^ I can realy imagine the table with a theme similar to the "Biolab"-Table.

Carnival/Rollercoaster-Theme was mentioned in some other posts.. while I´m not too eager to see such a table, I´d definitly enjoy it and its kind of something that should be seen in every pinball-colletion. Loved the Party Land in Pinball Fantasies too btw! ^^

Halo was mentioned many times. I´m not a huge fan of the series, but the visual design, sounds, music and feeling of the games are almost a perfect fit for a pinball table IMHO.

Talking

I'd love to see an 80's four pack including:
    G1 Thundercats
    G1 Transformers
    A Voltron Table
    and finally maybe Silverhawks or G.I. Joe.

That would be to good to be true.

Also a table themed after Roller Coaster Tycoon or Family Guy.

I'd like to see ancient and pre-history themed tables. I would definitely like to see a table based on the Egyptian civilisation and the Ancient Greeks (missions based around various Greek mythology characters). Also use either the Minoans, Babylonians or Sumerians. And throw in a table with dinosaurs just for sh*ts and giggles. It would be a nice little 4 pack.

A Batman/Star Wars/Star Trek table would be awesome.
    But that won't happen anyway.

What I don't what so see are 3d characters models flying/walking/fighting on the table. The Marvell tables excel is this area.

What I want to see is a more gritty table with a good theme (sf, western, adventure) but with the pbfx2 core table style.
    Most of the current tables are way to happy...

Bring some comedy into the mix! Aqua teen hunger force? How bout a Chris rock themed table, with his face blasting out as the centerpiece in hi-def... lol. Or a Chips and salsa theme. You start out as a chunky, tomato based salsa with a standard potato chip. As you progress through the missions, you eventually earn a homeground blue corn tortilla chip, and a smooth, habanero based salsa. In the wizard mode you must fight a pure capsaicin oil to bring spice back to the people.

On a more serious note, I could see them doing something like an element themed table (Earth, fire, wind, water), that would work well.

Legend of the five rings would be an amazing theme. For those unfamiliar with the term, Lot5r is set in a japanese-styled Samurai fantasy world. Different clans (Lion, Crane, Scorpion etc.) fight for dominance and the emperor's favor. There is also a threat from demons, which lure in a wasteland beyond a huge wall, that is defended by the Crab clan. The franchise originated from a collectible card game and nowadays also includes an rpg and a board game.

A Samurai theme would be very refreshing and all the clans are associated with certain traits, would make great missions. For example the Scorpion clan is stealthy. So their mission could be to sneak around enemies using orbits or shortcuts via holes on the map.
    The Crane clan are the diplomats, so their mission could be to visit the other clans and uniting them to fight against the demon invasion (possible wizard mode) by making target shots or ramp combos.
    The Crab clan defends the wall against the demons. You could have demon attacks as a timer based mission, which the Crab clan has to defend. Maybe a bit like the Invasion multiball on Earth defense.

If Zen wants to continue strong theme based tables, like Epic Quest, where the table is designed to represent an rpg, the Lot5r theme lives on clan rivalry. The players could associate with one clan on a weekly or monthly basis. Things they do -not only score- f.e. missions accomplished, extra balls, wizard modes reached could count towards a clan score, so that every week or month the players could be motivated not only to play for themselves, but also for their clan. This could be an additional incentive to play.
    For Zen, testing such an alternate scoring system on one table could be an opportunity to test for a possible revamp of the Superscore system. Cloda had some great alternative scoring ideas in his thread, that could be tested this way.

Exclamation

I would LOVE to see a Samurai style table. Has not been touched upon much even in the real life PinBall world.

Default The Art House Pack

The Art House Pack has just announced by Zen, available for PSN and 360 next quarter.

Includes:

Solaris - what does the table mean? Is it a table? Who am I?
    Miller's Crossing - a game about hats.
    The Big Lebowski - save Donnie from the ethos-less Nihilists.
    Lost Highway - set in suburban LA, with an acid jazz soundtrack. Or, is it?

Where do I start? I could sit here for hours listing what table themes I'd like to see!

So just to name a few, here's some movie themes I'd love to see:

Indiana Jones; Star Wars; TRON; maybe a Lord of The Rings related theme!

As for general themes, I think a Horror Theme woulld be cool, Dracula, Vampire related.

Like I said I could go on for ever..... and ever!!!

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread, but what about tables from the past re-created? Is it an issue with licensing? I would love to see the Zen treatment on Addams Family or even ones that were released on packs that are already out on the Xbox such as Funhouse or Earthshaker, and Zen them up and add some new twists?

Just a thought.

An Iron Maiden table that focuses on Eddie in the middle.

Default Poltergeist table

Hello Pinball friends!

What do you think about a Poltergeist table?

Default My english language

Sorry for my bad english language...that's why i am on the background here since 6 mounth or maybe more.Wonderful poeple here,not like in other forums!
    Some very interesting postings here!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by reznamor View Post
    Hello Pinball friends!

What do you think about a Poltergeist table?
    Cool idea!

And welcome to the community!!

I haven't read ALL of the posts in the thread so i'm not sure if this has been mentioned but ...

if anyone has played "Pinball" for NES back in the day, I'd like to see a table with multi-tiers like in that game. The game itself was cheesy (graphics and gameplay) but the multi-tier tables were cool.

You can have it so where you have to complete a certain mission to get the hole that leads to the next tier to open up, then get it into the hole to spring it up to the next tier. Maybe doing things on higher tiers reward more points and such. Then when the ball drains from an upper tier, you don't lose it, but it falls back down to the tier below.

I know it'd be a lot of work to design (its many tables in one) but it'd be a pretty sweet table to play.

*EDIT* Also, a few things Pinball FX needs:
    A carnival themed table (they've always been fun)
    A sports pack (a 4 pack of sports themed tables)
    A wild west table (again, always fun)
    I tried to steer away from franchise products but PLEASE: A Batman table (actually surprised it hasn't happened yet)
    Last edited by E113; 10-29-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Default Can you remeber this one?

Ohhh...long time ago when i played this one!
    Devil's Crush!
    Realy loved this Pinball table!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axe0DKqdtZc

Default Ghouls'n Ghosts table?

Could be nice a Ghouls'n Ghosts table.

Default Other table ideas

300 (based on the movie)
    Inspecteur Cadget
    Exorcist
    A Pink Floyd table (ohhhhhh YES!!!!!!)...maybe the design from Dark side of the moon...The Wall or Wish you were here?
    A Jackie Chan table
    King Kong
    ZZ TOP
    The time machine
    Mars Attacks!
    Planet of the Apes

Just a few ideas

I would like to see the other PS3 tables (Shaman, V12, Eldorado, Tesla) on XBL too. Is there any plan to release them as "Mars" or "Paranormal" before or is this impossible due to Sony exclusive rights? Or are there any other reasons e.g. because "Eldorado" is related to "Uncharted"?

My other suggestions would be a table for "Worms" (I'm absolute Worms Fan) or "Lara Croft" with have great and long story potential.

Also some retro based tables would have great potention like Pac Man, Space Invaders, Galaga, Tron, Frogger etc.
    Last edited by PARALAX; 10-30-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PARALAX View Post
    I would like to see the other PS3 tables (Shaman, V12, Eldorado, Tesla) on XBL too. Is there any plan to release them as "Mars" or "Paranormal" before or is this impossible due to Sony exclusive rights? Or are there any other reasons e.g. because "Eldorado" is related to "Uncharted"?
    They're not exclusive considering that the 3DS is getting Shaman and Eldorado.

The only one that will remain exclusive to the PS3 is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, because of an agreement with Tecmo.

As I was a video gamer in the first place and wasn't a pinhead to begin with, I approach the game more from a gaming perspective.
    Therefore I'm trying to suggest some things that might be a bit outside of the regular ideas. It would be great, if there would be some more meta ideas. Epic Quest seems to go in this kind of direction with it's ideas of keeping loot and level. I'd like to suggest something that goes in that kind of direction.
    As a theme I'll use the Pokemon franchise, cause it fits perfectly with the meta ideas.

Pokemon is all about collecting the monsters, leveling them and putting together your own team. I think that might be possible aswell with a pinball version.

First idea: The balls
    On every table the ball does the same thing. In Pokemon Pinball that wouldn't be the case. Like the monsters, the balls could belong to different elements like water or fire. At the start of your game, you could choose your 3 balls' pokemon/elements.
    Depending on the ball you have, you could do different things on the table. For example there could be an area of the table that is dedicated to fire pokemon. Now, if you have a fire ball, all is normal for you, maybe you have to do a 3 ramp combo to do something there. If you have a plant ball instead, the mission becomes harder -maybe a 5 ramp combo- and you get less points in that area of the table. But if you'd use a water ball, it gets easier -only 2 combo shots- and you get bigger rewards.

Second idea: Gotta catch them all
    When you purchase the table, you just start with 3 basic pokemon/balls. But you can earn new pokemons with different elements/abilities by playing the table. There could be recruiting missions, where -when you succeed- you're rewarded with new pokemon/balls. There can be more common rewards and some might be extremly rare. This could be determined randomly, but also on your skill. Maybe a mission has a 30 sec timelimit, but your only chance of getting a rare pokemon is to complete the mission within 10 secs.

Third idea: Evolving your pokemon
    Using a pokemon/ball could also reward your ball with experience, which is determined by the number of points you achieve with this particular ball. At certain levels your ball could evolve into a better version of your pokemon. The better version then might be able to score bigger scores or get abilities you didn't have before. Abilities could range from a one time death save or kick backs to features like missions, which aren't accessable by normal pokemon/balls.
    This would lead to a high replayability of the tables, cause you need points to evolve your balls or to get better ones with new abilities.

Fourth idea: Customization frenzy
    By adding different abilities to your balls you could highly customize a table to your playstyle. Maybe you like fire's aggressive ramp combo style of play, so you add fire pokemon to your team, or you enjoy that your lightning pokemon need less bumber hits to advance multiplyers, while opening the electricity plant mission more easily...but beware the lake area with them!

Fith idea: Metalomania
    From this point on you can go anywhere. Adding new pokemon on a regular basis, no problem. Keeping your balls and playing them on new pokemon tables, yes please. You could even think about a trading market, where players could swap balls, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Of course, I realize that this all is too much for one table, it's more like a separate new plattform on it's own, where you can get different balls on different tables and so on.
    But I hope, you get the general idea of meta possibilities that a pinball game could offer. It's sure not an idea for the immediate future, but as a gamer, this would be meta features I really would enjoy. It also hasn't to be Pokemon, but the franchise just fits those ideas so well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast