Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pinball Table Ideas? - Post 'em Here

Ideas are always welcome !

Having said that, I'll just give my opinion about a few aspects of what you propose. Everyone might say I'm narrow-minded, but I'll be honest and straight-forward. The idea of pinball is quite simple : when a game begins all players have the same ball and the same table and the same chances to win, and they must manipulate their ball the best they can in order to get points. That's it. Yeah I know, BREAKING NEWS !!!

I'm saying that because you see, I'm not sure if we need useless complications like many other games unfortunately get nowadays. To like pinball games is not totally separated from liking arcade games, retro games, pure and simple games. Zelda 3, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country 2, are in my opinion much superior than any 3D game that we see nowadays. Braid and Trials HD are masterpieces because their gameplay is so simple and yet incredibly rich.

You talk about a market. Would people trade, and maybe buy, rare balls just like they do with collectible game cards ? I think the game world has enough of those commercial trading stuffs. Here we play pinball, it's neither Pokemon nor Nintendogs.

Zen could easily make a lot of money out of that : you could buy very special balls and get higher scores. There would be no more justice as strong players / good traders (where would be the difference ?) would become stronger and stronger, eating the weaker ones like in a jungle.

I'm not sure if your perspective is more a gamer perspective than ours, and if you believe most people on this forum are pinball fans and not gamers, I think you're wrong : many of us are gamers. I believe pinball is more a game than Pokemon. Pokemon is not a pure game. (oh my god, Pokemon fans will destroy me ! ) It's like marbles : a mix of a game and a trading system. Nintendo made a lot of money with that, which is not their greatest pride (and it's a litote). Trading is not playing, and maybe it's exactly the countrary.

Now I've got a new friend lol.
    Last edited by Vincent; 10-31-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Thumbs up

A Dead Space table please.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

I would like to see a science fiction space opera themed table. In a perfect world, based on the Hyperion novels by Dan Simmons. You could have a Shrike wizard mode and missions for each of the pilgrims tales. The journey to the time tombs on Hyperion could work really well as a theme and the novels are so rich there could be any number of side missions and DMD games. The more the better. Drool... Any futuristic, space opera or space war theme would do though.

Btw...if you like science fiction and haven't read the Hyperion and Endymion books, do yourself a favour and read them as soon as possible.

Exclamation

An Alice In Wonderland table please.

Honesty said, I never believe that tables like "Pokémon" or "Alice in Wonderland" could be real because Nintendo never give exclusive rights for one of their products on Sony or MS Systems. Movie rights are very expensive too and couldn't cover the expenses for the currenty price (240 MSP/Table).

I think Marvel rights was a bargain buy because their products are not so demanded and popular any more. I haven't researched yet, it's just my subjective opinion.
    Last edited by PARALAX; 10-31-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
    Of course, I realize that this all is too much for one table, it's more like a separate new plattform on it's own, where you can get different balls on different tables and so on.
    But I hope, you get the general idea of meta possibilities that a pinball game could offer. It's sure not an idea for the immediate future, but as a gamer, this would be meta features I really would enjoy. It also hasn't to be Pokemon, but the franchise just fits those ideas so well.
    Very nice ideas... If it is done right with clear differences between the different balls and your goals and if it stays pinball (like you very well explained with just certain aspects e.g. amount of combo's, multipliers etc.) it can be brilliant.

I am not a big fan of the commercial stuff... but lets face it, Zen like any other company must make money and to do that they must reinvent themselves constantly. I would definitely go with your suggestion though that it must be a complete separate Zen studios game.... depending how far off they stray from the standard pinball mechanics.

In the end though the biggest challenge for Zen would be... from a pinballer perspective, to get a balance between all the different balls and their "abilities" because if one of the balls (even if its the first one) give you more of a scoring advantage than any of the other, it will simply be used no matter what. Zen already started thinking more or less along those lines with the Howlers on Captain America... unfortunately Bucky is just too good a friend to let go off Even with the Howlers... each howler could have been represented with a different colour ball.

But... that is where games like Forza 4/Need for Speed etc. come in because they realise that although there are players that will just race, you get other players that will rarely race and focus much more on customizing their cars, building up their garage etc. so for a more casual player (which there are many off as Vincent showed in his table difficulty thread) a pinball table/game based on your concept (Pokemon) would be all about getting all the balls and not a high score. Just like the achievements they currently have you will then get players like myself, who has never cared one bit about achievements, to eventually also start going for achievements as they are looking for a different challenge with the game.

@Flynn74 - I also think Hyperion (and the other three books) would be a brilliant background for the most amazing tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    The idea of pinball is quite simple : when a game begins all players have the same ball and the same table and the same chances to win, and they must manipulate their ball the best they can in order to get points.
    I can see your point there. Customization could mess with that fact.
    I saw it more like a way for different approaches. For example, when you look at the discussion in Cloda's Paranormal high scoring guide, he prefers repeatedly playing one multiball mode, where others seem to prefer to repeat the haunted mansion mission.
    Technically, they decide how their approach would be before they start the game. My ball system idea would -on some part- go into that kind of direction, cause you would chosse the balls according to the approach you decided upon.
    But I can see that from a competative point of view, it would be hard to balance the fact that some people might have a ball, whic others don't posses. I myself am not a very competative person, so I tend to see this more from a solo player point of view, where I don't compete with others for a highscore. But I get that this is an important part of the game.

I'm saying that because you see, I'm not sure if we need useless complications like many other games unfortunately get nowadays. To like pinball games is not totally separated from liking arcade games, retro games, pure and simple games.
    Two part answer here:

More subjective answer first. I'm a bit biased here, cause I'm not a big fan of the whole retro movement. I certainly have the age and I have a lot of fond memories of many years of gaming, but I actually like that games got more complex and offer more possibilities to customize.
    As a kid I could spent hours playing Pong, Pacman or Tetris, but when I play games like that nowadays I have 5 minutes of warm feelings in my stomach, but after that I get bored.
    It's quite interesting that you mentioned Trials or Braid, cause I played demos for both of them and decided not to buy them in the end.
    I respect that a lot of people like pure and simple games and I hope that there might be a way, which could add some complexity to the meta level, without touching the basic idea of the gameplay.

Second part: I'd like to ask the question, if pinball is really that pure and simple.
    As I first started the game, I thought I wouldn't stick around for very long, cause it's just a simple arcade game, but then I was quickly caught by it's complexity. Playing strategically, setting up shots, knowing how to activate kickbacks or ball saves, figuring out what missions are on a table and how to get to the wizard mode is actually very complex.
    I showed the game to a friend and before we started I asked him, if he knew what the game was about. He laughed at me and said that he had played pinball before and that he should keep the ball alive and if something blinks on the table shoot for it. He was very surprised how complex the tables actually were.
    So maybe complex opportunities are also a part of the motivation for playing.

You talk about a market. I think the game world has enough of those commercial trading stuffs.
    I thought pretty long about, if I should include the sentence about the trading market and maybe got a little carried away in the moment. It was just one of the "even that would be possible" things, which was one short remark and shouldn't be seen as a complete buisness model.
    When I think about a market, it's more on a scale of a possibility for trade with your friends. To clarify: The company shouldn't sell balls there and no money should be involved. No players should be able to sell balls there. Please disregard the idea of a micro transaction model there, cause it wasn't the intention.

I'm not sure if your perspective is more a gamer perspective than ours, and if you believe most people on this forum are pinball fans and not gamers, I think you're wrong : many of us are gamers.
    Okay, that seems to be misunderstood. I was talking about the fact that I just have a general gaming experience, without being a pinball player before the game. So I just look at it from this one experience without having the second.
    This shouldn't be seen as there is gamers and pinballers and they have different points of views or can't be both at the same time. It was just meant as an explanation to see where I was coming from.
    If you or anyone else did get the wrong impression from that statement, I apologize. It wasn't meant in any judgemental or differentiating way, just as a description.

Now I've got a new friend lol.
    I hope so. One of the main things I like about this community is that it has a great atmosphere and a lot of constructive discussions going.
    So, if you like, add my gamertag "Verjigorm" to your friend list. I guess, we'll have alot to talk about, when the Epic Quest table with it's presumed meta ideas comes out. Hope to see you soon on my X-Box or in another forum thread.
    Last edited by Verjigorm; 10-31-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Christmas and winter is coming. Where is our snow white table with jingles, snowmen, sledging and snow fights? Come to think of it there isn't 1 table that is primarily white or light grey/blue. Surely the problem isn't that the ball is too hard to see?

Quote Originally Posted by PARALAX View Post
    I think Marvel rights was a bargain buy because their products are not so demanded and popular any more. I haven't researched yet, it's just my subjective opinion.
    Not demanded?

Like 2 movies per year, 5 games per year... The comic side is dying a bit but everything else is more busy than ever

About the special ball thing. Especially after seeing MVC3 Heroes and Heralds mode in action I'd be curious if we got Marvel Balls (and others like Buccaneer and Agents maybe). Like a green ball with Doc Dooms face, blue with Cyclops etcetc. Just unlocks, purchases to support Zen or maybe an entirely new mode. But only if it's special mode I could accept balls having special traits and weaknesses
    Last edited by pinballer; 10-31-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Thumbs up

Pee - Wee's Play House.

Quote Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
    I'd like to ask the question, if pinball is really that pure and simple.
    As I first started the game, I thought I wouldn't stick around for very long, cause it's just a simple arcade game, but then I was quickly caught by it's complexity. Playing strategically, setting up shots, knowing how to activate kickbacks or ball saves, figuring out what missions are on a table and how to get to the wizard mode is actually very complex.

Actually that's what I call a pure game : simple idea, clever gameplay. Street Fighter II would be the perfect example : you would think it's just about hitting the opponent like a mad man, but it's actually a very strategic game.

I regard as masterpieces Super Metroid, Zelda 3, Super Mario Kart (the original, not 64), Diddy's Kong-Quest, Killer Instinct, Blast Corps or Diddy Kong Racing. I love Mario World, F-Zero X, Starfox 64... I always thought video games were meant to be clever, and not what they've become nowadays : realism, realism, realism ; gameplay ? what are you talking about ?

I always thought video games were meant to be clever, and not what they've become nowadays : realism, realism, realism ; gameplay ? what are you talking about ?
    I think Cloda gave a very good example with a game like Forza 4. A racing game on its own is very simple and straight forward. You can race your friends for highscore and try to optimize your track approach to get better and better times. You can play the game like that and be entirely happy about it.

So, on its core it's still pure, but it added complexity and customizability on top. By being able to collect cars, play for them in single player mode, sell them again etc. it has a complexity that keeps you motivated to come back to the title and keep collecting cars. So, compared to older racing games, it adds that kind of complexity, without messing with the basic concept of a racing game.

By tuning your cars, you even got an element of customization. It starts with simple things, like the color of your car, so you enjoy seeing it on the road and has depth to a point where you can alter things, so the car fits better into your playstyle. Maybe you like to give it better handling, because you are a careful driver, or you'd like more accelaration for a track with many curves.

Customization is a huge part of the digital experience. You choose which apps are shown on your smart phone, you choose which addons your browser should use, you set your own desktop picture and so on.
    And modern games offer the same things. In World of Warcraft you can change the whole look of the UI by integrating addons that optimize the interface to your style of gameplay.
    In Dragon Age you choose your party out of a cast of characters, so they fit into your playstyle. With them all having separate story lines, you also influence, what kind of story do you wanna play.
    A sandbox game like GTA gives you the freedom to explore the world on your own and in the way you want. You can stick to the main missions, if you want, but also do completely different things.

Team Fortress 2 would be another popular example. The multiplayer shooter on a bunch of maps, is as simple as a concept gets. But by having different character classes, you can choose to play the game in a role you feel comfortable like and you can be a scout, a doctor or an engineer, so not everyone is just generic soldier one.
    By finding weapons with slightly different modes -but not being stronger than your original one- or hats to individualize your character, the game adds complexity and customization to the simple concept of the game.

So, I'm optimistic that games are able to still give an easy approachable and pure concept regarding gameplay, while adding more depth and customization for those who like that.
    Last edited by Verjigorm; 10-31-2011 at 04:10 PM.

I would love to see some Sega tables. Perhaps a re-release of the Pinball of the Dead from GBA, a Sonic table in correlation to his 20-year anniversary?

Talking

No no, I insist, you don't need to buy a new IP just for li'l ol' me.

One tiny request though...
    ... don't care on theme or IP...
    ... we could really use a table with a Green Color pallet, Excalibur is the closest playable table we have, and its a beautiful table, I just would like the color to balance things out after playing Wolverine; Agents, Secrets of the Deep, Fan Four; Rome, Iron Man, Street Fighter, ya know? ... and to anyone who wants to say Rocky and Bullwink, shhh.

Ok, ok, if you just MUST buy a new IP just for me, Doctor Who please.

Also, Really love the S O U L T R A I N idea.

Default tabled

how about some disc world tables

or maybe one based on alice coopers welcome to my nightmare album

i guess there could be millions of suggestions for tables based on books and albums

hello i'm new here, just thought i'd share some table ideas i had.

How about an artist's table? it would start out black and white, real plain like a blank cavas, but the goal is to put color on the table. shooting different ramps would give you a different color ball, and where ever that ball touched it would change that color, with paint splatter effects and stuff like that. multiball would be a blast! it could be of some famous artist like, picaso or vangoh. in the end the table would look like a master piece. the missions and stuff would have to be worked out by zen.

also another is the human immune system, think of the movie osmosis jones, fighting infections and things of that nature.

another would be something like a zoo keeper, you would have to capture escaped animals and keep the zoo in check that sort of thing.

also and inventor would be cool to see, like leonardo da vinci, thomas edison, nikola tesela, the wright brothers, or even a rube goldberg table. imagin the possibilities. constructing inventions on the table through a series of FX magic.

and one more, some sort of time travle table, going through differnt times would change the visuals of the table, from western to the year 3000 and even a prehistoric era. the effects on this could be real cool. its all the same table just different versions of it in the past, present, future. but thing start to break as you mess with the fabric of space time, future and past collide with dinosaurs, future soildiers and cowboys battling it out and its up to you to restore time to its original state. so much could be done with this.

well just thought i'd share some ideas i had. lots of good ideas hear but the problem with these is licensing. im kinda new to pinball so i dont know if the ideas i have listed already exist. just trying to be original.

and sorry for any mistakes, the spell check won't work for me
    anyway i look forward to any table pinball fx2 has lined up for us. i own every table and hopefully many more. thanks for reading.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Seven View Post
    also another is the human immune system, think of the movie osmosis jones, fighting infections and things of that nature.
    I second this... a table that's the human body would be awesome... shooting the ball into a pulsating heart to rid it of viruses would be neat;, the slingshots could be the lungs making gaspy sounds as the ball triggers it; spinners would be heart valves and ramps would be major arteries.... I Dig!

......then give me my GREEN table please

Quote Originally Posted by RAIN 68 View Post
    A TINTIN table would be nice.
    It could be the "unknown" table to be released, based on the upcomimg movie.
    Very good idea. Given the wealth of material, Zen could make a series of tables, and the cartoonish aesthetic would fit Zen's style to a tee.

http://www.tkshare.com/pic/20100411/...1125530419.jpg

Exclamation Pppplllllllllllleeeeeaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee e

Zen PLEASE put out Tesla and Shaman for 360 PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    I second this... a table that's the human body would be awesome... shooting the ball into a pulsating heart to rid it of viruses would be neat;, the slingshots could be the lungs making gaspy sounds as the ball triggers it; spinners would be heart valves and ramps would be major arteries.... I Dig!

......then give me my GREEN table please
    Eh? That would sell hardly anything. Most people are disgusted by things like that, even people who play Gears of War, Dragon Age or something where blood and guts fly around.

I would need a warning just to play the trailer (it autoplays trailers on Zen sites), otherwise I would sue the heck out of Zen.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    Eh? That would sell hardly anything. Most people are disgusted by things like that, even people who play Gears of War, Dragon Age or something where blood and guts fly around.

I would need a warning just to play the trailer (it autoplays trailers on Zen sites), otherwise I would sue the heck out of Zen.
    I have to second this. A table based on the human body would be pretty lame, much like a Star Trek table would be. Fans of ST would probably enjoy the human body table,lol.

Default Shawshank!

I NEED a Shawshank Redemption table! It's arguably the best movie ever made and the thought of a PFX2 table is what drew me to this forum (which I totally dig. Zen rocks, and the community rocks! Bonus!).

And what a table it would be! Avoiding attacks from The Sisters, collecting alabaster and soapstone, tunnelling and dropping dirt in the yard, cooking the books for the Warden, building a library, and finally escaping through a river of filth to come out clean on the other side!

I urge you, Zen, PLEASE make this table. Don't even worry about liscencing the IP or anything, just make it. I'm confident that it would turn out well enough that people would sign off on it after the fact. It would also be a great way to show how capable you are at making a movie tie-in game that people will actually enjoy (similar to how the Iron Man table is better than any of the Iron Man games). I can see that leading to lots of interest from other film makers and new tables for summer blockbusters. Heck, it might even get you hooked up with Michael Bay... then the tables will be better than the actual movies they tie into.

Quote Originally Posted by A Sp000ky Ghost View Post
    I NEED a Shawshank Redemption table! It's arguably the best movie ever made and the thought of a PFX2 table is what drew me to this forum (which I totally dig. Zen rocks, and the community rocks! Bonus!).

LOL, now there's a fan! What on obscure request, and its the only reason you posted here

Ghostbusters table, when is it coming?

Default what are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    I have to second this. A table based on the human body would be pretty lame, much like a Star Trek table would be. Fans of ST would probably enjoy the human body table,lol.
    "LASVEGASPINBALLHALLOFFAME" Why do you continually bash on ideas where there are actual pins of? You even have all three Star Trek pins on display right now

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Ghostbusters table, when is it coming?
    Right after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

It is sad but again all my wishes are license stuff:
    - South Park for winter
    - Simpsons
    - Popeye
    - Muppets
    - Wallace & Gromit
    - TMNT
    - Ghostbusters
    - Toy Story
    - Jurassic Park

Which is the cheapest license?

I would like to see a good "Anne Stokes" stile GOTHIC ART themed table, the table could use characters such as The Grim Reaper,Dragons, and Dark Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
    "LASVEGASPINBALLHALLOFFAME" Why do you continually bash on ideas where there are actual pins of? You even have all three Star Trek pins on display right now
    He doesn't work or own the LVPHOF, he just lives close by it.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-14-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    Right after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

It is sad but again all my wishes are license stuff:
    - South Park for winter
    - Simpsons
    - Popeye
    - Muppets
    - Wallace & Gromit
    - TMNT
    - Ghostbusters
    - Toy Story
    - Jurassic Park

Which is the cheapest license?
    I would say Toy Story, since Disney owns Marvel and Zen has a good partnership with them.

The others are going to be a pain, especially Ghostbusters. Sony Pictures owns that property and Sony's divisions work independently. In other words, even though Zen has great connections with Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment, they don't have any connections with Sony Pictures.

Movie and music licenses in general are usually very pricey to obtain, unless you have some very good connections.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Guys this is an opinion thread, don't bash each other opinions... and saying that a Star Trek Table wouldn't sell is truely incorrect for me. Trekkies are one of the most loyal fans out there, they buy anything Star Wars related.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    ... and saying that a Star Trek Table wouldn't sell is truely incorrect for me. Trekkies are one of the most loyal fans out there, they buy anything Star Wars related.
    /Buy anything star Trek related, i believe you meant to say. I agree that a Trek table would do well, as we obviously like sci-fi themes..../

........ but why do we keep asking for new IPs (even I was greedy enough to ask for Dr. Who [ol' school who... gotta be cheap damnit ])? Can we not come up with great themes that don't rely on someone else's intellectual properties? Sure, my blood and guts table may not be a winner, but can we think of a few that are, dare I say, original themes?

In case nobody has noticed... everything is being repeated ad infinitum Zen should seriously look at revamping this forum so that things can be more organised and easier to find.

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

I think that Jesus should definitely rate his own table. Just think of the possibilities. You can have some pretty cool missions such as, in order:

1) Turning water into wine

2) Walking on the Dead Sea

3) Driving the money-changers and animal traders out of the Holy Temple

4) Healing crippled folks and people with leprosy

And for Wizard Mode:

Raising Lazarus from the dead

There could also be a cool side quest of fishing with Peter, James, and John. It would probably be kind of boring with them using cast nets as they did back then. Instead, Zen could make it sort of similar to SEGA Bass Fishing without actually creating any IP violations. That just might work.

Finally, once the player completed Wizard Mode successfully, you would get a video (on DMD or whatever) of Jesus rising up to heaven with a chorus of angels in the background singing Jesus Christ Superstar. Would that be epic, or what?!?!
    Last edited by IzzyToxic; 11-15-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: To correct my sinful punctuation.

There's a joke about death saves in there somewhere.

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    There's a joke about death saves in there somewhere.
    lol - It's funny you mention that. I just made one of those on the Rome table. I would have instead expected to get crucified by the Romans.

I don't know if it's been mention already, but I was thinking. Since Zen has a deal with Marvel, and clearly they're on at least decent terms with Capcom (Street Fighter II), they should do a Marvel vs. Capcom table. I think it is a great concept, and I'm sure Zen would make it none other than awesome.

That is a really good idea E113

Who of Marvel vs Capcom should they feature? There's way too many people to have focused table, even X-Men table will be very restricted

I doubt there would be more than Chris, Dante and Morrigan vs Captain America, Iron Man and Storm having any actual role on table.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned Power Rangers (the 1 and only true series). Would be pretty fun to build Megazord and hear the tune

Plus I way prefer licensed tables over originals.

EDIT: Oh and how about Asterix&Obelix, Tintin, Lucky Luke and ehhhh in a pack.

Oh and talking about Marvel/Disney deal Disney pack would be pretty fun but also some sort of Kindgom Hearthish/Disney Universe kinda table with Mickey, Aladdin and Snow White working side by side

And next up is Looney Tunes of course. Bugs Bunny table with Elmer, Yoshmite and Rocky&Mugsy as enemies, Daffy Duck facing Marvin the Martian, Wile e Coyote vs Roadrunner and Tiny Toons table

And that leads to my personal favorite Muppets again. Muppet show style red curtain themed table with Gonzo tricks, Fozzie jokes, Band, Swedish Chef cookings etc. With the new movie coming (by Disney no less) it would have been a great option. Or maybe a pack, Christmas is coming so Christmas Carol is sensible, Treasure Island, Sesame street for kiddie table (with huge Elmo in middle screaming "that tickles" everytime ball hits him about every 2 seconds)

Oh and someone mentioned Sonic Spinball. Another fun yet completely unlikely option would be Pokemon pinball. Not like it was but something like Pokemon Stadium with 5-10 iconic pokemons present

lol i sound like 5 year old with this lineup...

Let's have Saw table with various deathtraps and tons of gore. You are Jigsaw and need to lure people into traps and make them fail

Default A few table ideas

1) I spent Friday nights during high school hitting the bowling alley, which had Fish Tales, one of my all-time favorites.

2) Prior to the Zen games, there were some decent video pinball games, but for me none came close to Last Gladiators Digital Pinball on the Sega Saturn (which is currently available - albeit expensive - for iOS):

The dot matrix screens on this game really mimicked the animation of pinball machines at the time. They also used a hi-res mode on the Saturn and some nice transparency tricks to put the graphics a step above anything else.

Hey GameDrop

Welcome to the forum.
    Not sure if you've heard but Farsight (maker of William's Pinbal Hall o' Fame) is releasing a bunch of old originals in digital form on XBLA sometime in 2012; good chance Fish Tales will be in there somewhere, that's a classic table.

A few Zen tables are inspired by old tables, though; and it would be neat to see what Fish Tales would inspire. Personally I'd like to see more old-school feel tables, like the FX1 originals, to get more of a pinball-table feel. Zen is going the other way though.

A "Zen community table". For *us.

*us includes members from all platforms

A Mega Man table could be awesome with a lot of possibilities.

Thank you for the welcome Dalek Nation! I will be sure to be on the lookout for that collection in 2012. Since I'm here, I might as well throw out a few more ideas.

Nightmare Before Christmas
    I haven't found much on this out there yet aside from a partially constructed Future Pinball mod. Still, seems like there is a lot of great content there, along with a devoted and rabid fanbase.

Futurama
    Someone has already built a custom physical table:

Tokidoki
    This is a hot license and there is a lot of content there.

TRON
    Stern actually makes one, but I haven't seen it in the wild yet. Still, I can't really imagine another license that cries out more for bright blue LED lightning:

Game Licenses
    There is such a rich selection of characters and environments to pull from for building video-game based tables. It doesn't have to be mascot-based either in the traditional sense; we can skip the weaker Sonic Spinball-type games and instead go for a Speed Machine-style Forza table, for example. I think a Halo table with a holographic Cortana similar to the characters in the Marvel tables would turn out pretty well too. I've also seen Marvel vs. Capcom suggested earlier in this thread; I have to agree. Zen has already handled licenses from both companies, so it seems like a natural progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    Personally I'd like to see more old-school feel tables, like the FX1 originals, to get more of a pinball-table feel. Zen is going the other way though.
    It might be nice to see the engine support a retro/remix switch that lets you jump back and forth between the two types on the same table. Of course I understand this would be more work; I'm just saying that it might be nice to let us pick whether we want to play the traditional old-school FX1-style tables, or the more modern - and sometimes over-the-top - FX2-style tables.

Okay, one more, and then I'll let someone else talk.

Since Paranormal released around Halloween, it would be nice to see an Xmas table releasing now. Santa, snowmen, trains, lights, trees. Could be a nice bright table because of all the lights.

I'm thinking something along the lines of the Winter premium theme on the Xbox 360. Or maybe the Santa's Village premium theme. But of course a holiday train driving through the table, and Santa's sleigh and reindeer flying overhead.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas, or Nightmare Before Christmas.

I really hate to sound like the grinch, but any christmas theme other than "The Nightmare Before Christmas" would make me puke. Funny though about the Nightmare Before Christmas is Licensing shouldn't be too much more than what Zen has already accomplished because it is a Disney property, and Disney just happens to also own the Marvel license as well.

Thumbs up

Oh that's right. Nightmare Before Christmas FTMFW!!!!

Default Community Designed Table

I would so love it if Zen offers us the opportunity in some ways or means to be involved with the design of a table. From my side I would be interested in just pitching ideas to Zen or to even teaming up with a group of guys/gals to work on the table layout and rule sheet/scoring strategy. I'm am sure that there are people around here that have the interest/background to look at the theme (no licensed themes - all original), sounds, music, 2D graphics and 3D modelling and what ever else is required.

Zen can even guide the process by e.g. inviting input over a couple of weeks:

Week 1 and 2 - theme, Short list themes and final selection.
    Week 3 and 4 - layout and table dynamics (3D models and animations)
    Week 5 and 6 - rule sheet and scoring strategy
    Week 7 and 8 - sounds and music
    etc.

So that after 2 months or so the community will have given Zen a clear idea of what kind of table they want and then Zen can put the pitched ideas through their magic table making machine . The community should off course also be involved in problem solving and Q&A and it would be really awesome if Zen could do a weekly blog documenting the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I would so love it if Zen offers us the opportunity in some ways or means to be involved with the design of a table.
    Thats what I'm talking about, at least I got one supporter Tnx Cloda!

A Meccano or lego table would be cool.

Whoa,,,,,,,, Legos? Such an obvious but most EXCELLENT idea Flynn. Can't believe I never thought of that one myself.

Eh? Problem with Nightmare Before Christmas is that it really doesn't remind or feel christmasy at all (which is probably why some guys are suggesting it)

Its like making Grinch table with big green grinch background and he is building gadgets without anything actually referencing to christmas. Or like making Peter Parker table and calling it Spiderman table.

Its too late but if not classic christmasy table then even South Park would be better than Nightmare because South Park has more christmasy feel. the kids throwing snow balls maybe with plenty of people including santa featured. Muppets Christmas Carol would be another nice choice that isn't too cliche christmas.

Actually entire Muppets pack would be great. Maybe 4 tables based on movies (first, christmas, treasure island, from space, take manhattan, capers, new one all could be different) or maybe 1 based on muppet show or maybe even remaking GBA pinball table

EDIT: I remembered some other past or revived animations that could be used too. Im sure Rocky & Bullwinkle is cheap but id like to see some better remembered licenses and better table. isnt Beavis and Butthead coming back? Ren & Stimpy is another I remember. then there are Lucky lukes and what not. How about Gremlins for soft horror?
    Last edited by pinballer; 01-02-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Licenses that I'd love to see Zen tackle (but which, in all liklihood won't happen, for a variety of reasons):

Doctor Who - Classic era and Modern era tables please.
    Elvira - She's a pinball classic, so a new Zen designed Elvira table would be very cool...I'd also love to see someone recreate Bally's Elvira & the Party Monsters. Elvira Scared Stiff would be cool to see recreated too.
    DC Comics - I was always more of a DC guy. Yeah, I know, never gonna happen, but seriously, how great would a Batman table be. Just for starters...
    2000 AD - Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, Nemesis the Warlock and Durham Red could all support their own tables. Hey, a man can dream.
    Robert E. Howard's Pulp Fantasy characters - Conan, Kull, Solomon Kane, El Borak, Bran Mak Morn, Sailor Steve Costigan, again, each could have their own suitably pulpy and atmospheric table. Heck talk to Dynamite and add Red Sonja to the list as well.
    Universal Monsters - Either a mash-up table of all the most famous monsters, or better yet, a table pack featuring seperate tables for Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, The Mummy, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man, Phantom of the Opera and so on. A similarly themed Hammer Horror pack would be cool, too.
    Indiana Jones - Love to see Zen's own take on the franchise. A recreation of the Williams Indy machine would be very cool too.

As for concept ideas for original tables, I'd love to see:

The Cosmos - A silver-ball tour around the wonders of the universe
    How the West was Won - Wagon trains, pistol duels, indian attacks, train robbing, horse chases, cattle russling, bounty hunting, bank robbing, whisky swilling, plenty of scope for some wild western fun.
    When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth - Dinosaurs. Pinball. What's not to like?
    911 Emergency - The Police, Fire Department, and Ambulance responding to the growing emergency of keeping your silver ball in play as chaos reigns all around.

Let me start off by saying some of the suggestions I make I, or someone else, may have already suggested. I was just bored and decided to compile a list of what I'd like to see. Also, I want to apologize up front for such a huge post but like I said, I was bored and needed something to do.

First off, Disney now owns Marvel. That means with Zen having a Marvel deal, they may (or may not) have access to Disney material as well. If this is the case (them having access), here are some great ideas for Zen to think about for kid/family friendly tables:

Aladdin
    Alice in Wonderland
    DuckTales
    Hercules
    Lilo and Stitch
    The Lion King
    The Little Mermaid
    Mulan
    Peter Pan
    Tangled
    Tarzan
    etc.

Disney also owns Pixar so that also opens up:

Cars
    Finding Nemo
    Monsters Inc.
    Toy Story
    etc.

Not to mention they also own Dreamworks which also brings to the table:

How to Train Your Dragon
    Kung Fu Panda
    Madagascar
    Megamind
    Monsters vs. Aliens
    Over the Hedge
    Shrek
    etc.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I have a ton of other ideas for licensed products, although some of them may not be as easy to get a hold of (rights wise):

Assassin's Creed
    Castlevania (Symphony of the Night preferably)
    Earthworm Jim
    Final Fantasy (VII preferably, if Epic Quest does well with the RPG elements)
    Futurama (my personal pick, my all time favorite cartoon)
    Gargoyles (either the old 90s Disney cartoon or an original idea involving gargoyles in some way)
    Halo
    InuYasha
    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
    Legend of Zelda (doubtful, its Nintendo and I don't want to see any more exclusives I can't get on FX2/2.5)
    LEGO (tell me a table built entirely of LEGOs with little LEGO guys running around wouldn't be epic)
    Marvel vs. Capcom (I suggested this before)
    MegaMan
    Metroid (again, its Nintendo, so doubtful)
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Prince of Persia
    Resident Evil (would solve the "we want zombies" issue)
    The Simpsons
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    South Park
    Star Wars
    Transformers (generation 1 preferably)

And then there's the non-licensed ideas that would be more practical for Zen to make (not needing licenses and all):

Carnival Games
    The Cosmos (stole that idea from Ex-Parrot, love heavenly bodies and would love a table dedicated to them)
    Olympus (a Greek God concept of some sort)
    Sports Pack (a four pack of sports themed tables, example: American football, hockey, baseball and basketball)
    Wild West (a gunslinger theme from the Wild West age)
    Last edited by E113; 02-04-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Something I think would be kind of cool is to have a table that utilizes our XBOX avatars fighting it out in the same way as the characters on the Marvel tables. Whoever you fight could depend on whoever holds the top 3-5 scores on your friends list.

I know there's a couple of people on my list that I've wanted to deliver a virtual right hook to after they've beaten my scores...

Also, the board game Mouse Trap: The table starts out with a couple of targets and you have to "build" it as you go along.

Finally, my dream 4 pack of tables based on bands would be: Motorhead, Hawkwind, Parliament, and GWAR. One based on the movie Heavy Metal would be pretty great too.

On that note, please DON'T make an Insane Clown Posse table. It wouldn't be able to figure out how the magnets work.
    Last edited by hectorpuppet; 02-07-2012 at 11:36 AM.

I'd like to see a pinball table for young children. Ideally there would be no leaderboard or superscore for this one since I picture it to be quite a bit easier than the traditional Zen table. If I could design it the table would have no outlanes, two flippers and missions that focused on colors and shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I would so love it if Zen offers us the opportunity in some ways or means to be involved with the design of a table. From my side I would be interested in just pitching ideas to Zen or to even teaming up with a group of guys/gals to work on the table layout and rule sheet/scoring strategy. I'm am sure that there are people around here that have the interest/background to look at the theme (no licensed themes - all original), sounds, music, 2D graphics and 3D modelling and what ever else is required.

Zen can even guide the process by e.g. inviting input over a couple of weeks:

Week 1 and 2 - theme, Short list themes and final selection.
    Week 3 and 4 - layout and table dynamics (3D models and animations)
    Week 5 and 6 - rule sheet and scoring strategy
    Week 7 and 8 - sounds and music
    etc.

So that after 2 months or so the community will have given Zen a clear idea of what kind of table they want and then Zen can put the pitched ideas through their magic table making machine . The community should off course also be involved in problem solving and Q&A and it would be really awesome if Zen could do a weekly blog documenting the process.
    This is a great idea.
    We need a community table.
    Only problem is where there are many people there are many opinions on what is good.

Freaking awesome ideas you guys! I always keep track of new table ideas and send them to the team each week, so keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by hectorpuppet View Post
    On that note, please DON'T make an Insane Clown Posse table. It wouldn't be able to figure out how the magnets work.
    I will do everything in my power to make sure ICP stays out of our tables... LOL

As some others have mentioned i would love a Nightmare Before Christmas table.
    Where the objective ofc would be to try to create christmas. Starting out with the whole halloween theme and gradually as you complete missions having the table looking more and more like christmas, in that halloweeny way ofc.

Getting goosebumps just thinking about it...

Went into a comic shop for the first time in years today. And I see that Marvel is putting out a series of Stephen King's Gunslinger books. I definitely like Marvel a lot more now. The Gunslinger would be a SUPER cool table. The Gunslinger is actually a part of The Dark Tower series. You could make a crazy ass table based off of it. I bought the only issue they had, number 2 of part 5.
    I would like to thank you guys that have mentioned the Gunslinger/Dark Tower Books over various threads. I had never heard of it. Being a bit of a fan of the old dollar films I looked it up. Now thanks to a workmate who has all 7 books I'm now reading my way through them (I'm on book 4 now Phweee).
    And wow what a great Theme for a Table the Gunslinger would be. Please ZEN if you can get the License to this please make it happen.

I've been dying for a Gradius table as mentioned before (free plug ),
    but in the spirit of Epic Quest, which parodied RPGs, why not a generic table that parodies shmups? (shoot em ups).

You could have boss fights, a black/white dynamic like from Ikaruga, Lolis from Deathsmiles, bullet barrages, huge spaceships, a force pod from R-Type, a giant battleship minigame where you need to shoot out all the guns.....

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    I've been dying for a Gradius table as mentioned before (free plug ),
    but in the spirit of Epic Quest, which parodied RPGs, why not a generic table that parodies shmups? (shoot em ups).

You could have boss fights, a black/white dynamic like from Ikaruga, Lolis from Deathsmiles, bullet barrages, huge spaceships, a force pod from R-Type, a giant battleship minigame where you need to shoot out all the guns.....
    Dude... A shmup table would rock! I am a huge DeathSmiles & Cave shooter (I think the one I'm thinking of is called Bug Princess in the US) fan, so that would be a dream come true!

Ahhh sweet, an insider with a shared interest, we may now see this table happen

Mushihimesama is the game you are thinking of. I can also recommend some region free imports, such as Eschatos and Bullet Soul. They are a bit pricy, but well worth it for shmup fans.

A Cave themed table would have to feature blue and purple balls, a Treasue one black and white

I'd like to see a Gold Rush theme table.

Four steps; Acquire money. Purchase land. Buy equipment. Then work your mine.

Watch out for TNT, land squatters, Kicking mules, etc

An ore cart would collect balls for multiball play
    A target would set off an LED "explosion" under the ore cart, tipping it over.

I would like to sugget an ilomilo table.

The missions could be about trying to help them get back to eachother. Each mission would involve an obstacle in the way that has to be "defeated" (A cube beast, sock puppet dog, or a nabber for examples). There could be a safka march frenzy mode. A Memory fragment multiball. It... would... be... AMAZING!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Seven View Post
    hello i'm new here, just thought i'd share some table ideas i had.

How about an artist's table? it would start out black and white, real plain like a blank cavas, but the goal is to put color on the table. shooting different ramps would give you a different color ball, and where ever that ball touched it would change that color, with paint splatter effects and stuff like that. multiball would be a blast! it could be of some famous artist like, picaso or vangoh. in the end the table would look like a master piece. the missions and stuff would have to be worked out by zen.
    This was one of my ideas when we were doing the original Zen Pinball for PS3. Pretty cool that I'm not the only one who thinks it would be awesome - because I definitely was the only one in the room that day who thought so!

Would love to see a Judge Dredd table especially with 2000ad celebrating it's 35 year anniversary at the mo and the film coming out later this year. The Midway table from 1993 will sadly mean that it won't be possible.

However there are loads of other 2000ad characters that would translate into tables. Rogue Trooper and the hunt for the Traitor General, Nemesis the Warlock racing around the terror-tubes a fantasy table setting for Slaine just for starters!

I'd like an horror table (not a PEGI-3 like Nightmare Mansion, but something that makes really afraid) with bedwetting achievement.
    I'd like a zombie table (it could know some success, zombies are all the rage) with nail clippings achievement.
    I'd like a LOST table (i'm fan of TV-movies) with ??WhatThatFuc***End?? achievement.
    I'd like an Alan Wake table with a broken torchlight that doesn't work achievement.
    I'd like a funfair table with cotton candy achievements.
    I'd like a chinatown / chinese table with noddles cup achievements.
    I'd like an adventure table on Xbox (like Eldorado on PS3) with Indiana Jones hat achievement.
    I'd like a 1920's New york theme table with Al Capone achievement.
    I'd like a western table with Clint Eastwood in your bed achievement.

Mortal Kombat
    I was thinking about this one since the first themed tables. But, I think one table would not sufice. Two at least (playing as one of the good guys, the other playing as one of the bad guys). Freeze-ball (Sub-Zero freezes the ball), Fire-ball (trip to hell with Scorpion), could be two of the special balls.

Fighting games
    Besides MK and already used SF, there are many great franchises out there. Tekken, Soul Calibur, Dear or Alive (this one could be sexy), BlazBlue to name a few of the greatest.

DC Comics
    Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Flash. Packed and ready for DC Pinball

Epic
    Lord of the Rings for example.

Mythological
    Egyptian, Greek, Nordic.

Arcade collaborations
    Ms. Splosion Man table was a great step, now start walking

Women
    When you have characters, they are mostly men. OK, you have 1 lady in F4 and 1 in Sorcerer's Lair. Voices don't count. I'm sure you can find one or two to have the leading role in a table or two. If you can't come up with one, i'm sure there are plenty around waiting for their own table. Marvel surely has a few ladies around I would think. Or in games, Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), Cate Archer (No One Lives Forever), Zelda (the Legend of Zelda), Peach (Super Mario), Dead or Alive ladies, Darkstalkers ladies, FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Samus Aran (Metroid Prime), April Ryan (The Longest Journey), Jade (Beyond Good and Evil), Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark).

-Pitch Black (Chronicles of Riddick)...visuals here could be great, when you would use Riddicks vision
    -Iron Maiden
    -Tomb Raider
    -Indiana Jones
    -HALO
    -James Bond
    -Duke Nukem (Serious Sam)
    -Carmageddon (splatter combo, honored citizen achievement (drive over 100 grannies with one ball))
    -Aliens versus Predator (or one or the other)
    -Godfather or something with mafia
    -Star Wars (would one be enough???)
    -Star Trek (one for Voyager and Janeway, one for Enterprise and Pickard)
    -Star Gate
    -Donkey Kong
    -something in the wild west (cowboys, natives -preferably where you are the native and can kick the cowboys behinds-)
    -something in the land of the rising sun (ninjas are covered with Ninja Gaiden in Zen, so samurais)
    -Pokemon
    -something with Japanese anime and manga; licensed (Ikki Tousen, Gun X Sword) or not
    -noir detective table (Maltese Falcon, Key Largo, North-Northwest)
    -horror, comedy tables
    -WW2
    -Napoleon
    -Robin Hood
    -Monkey Island themed (and other LucasArts franchises)
    -safari, Jurassic Park, King Kong, sea-saffari
    -Unreal or something of sorts, where you are a prisoner and your prison transport space ship gets damaged and falls onto unknown planet, where you have to escape (I know you have Mars, but still)

EDIT
    -Alice in Wonderland (and maybe some other tale)
    -Bruce Lee
    -Disney characters
    -Resident Evil
    -DOOM
    -saboteur; WW2 time
    -thief as in game Thief or like grand heists
    -something with unicorns (the Last Unicorn novel perhaps)
    -mysterious table...can't really describe what I mean (games Limbo, Ico, Okami, War of the Worlds, Shadow of the Collosus, Journey)(I like the idea by someone, B&W table and you need to put color onto it), nature perhaps
    -musical table (quests could consit of making instruments, writting notes/putting them in order, playing a tune, directing an orchestra)
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    -Sherlock Holmes, Poirot
    -Castaway/Shipwrecked/Lost in Time/Time Traveller
    -Monopolly/Risk
    -Mirror's Edge
    -Silent Hill
    -Fatal Frame aka Project Zero
    -Discworld
    -Clive Barker
    -Buffy the Vampyre Slayer
    -Hellgate London
    -Court House
    -SWAT
    Last edited by VIPER; 03-02-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Would love to see a Judge Dredd table especially with 2000ad celebrating it's 35 year anniversary at the mo and the film coming out later this year. The Midway table from 1993 will sadly mean that it won't be possible.

However there are loads of other 2000ad characters that would translate into tables. Rogue Trooper and the hunt for the Traitor General, Nemesis the Warlock racing around the terror-tubes a fantasy table setting for Slaine just for starters!
    Why would it not be possible just because there was a previous actual table? There is an actual Rocky and Bullwinkle table but zen made a new one, there is an actual Street Fighter II table but Zen made "Street Fighter II Tribute" table.

Licensing may be an issue, but not for the reason you listed.

Also since you are a fan Corpsmith, there is a much lesser known game called Judge Dredd Pinball that was released for PC back around 2002 I think.

FUTURAMA - Would Bender be allowed to say; "Bite my shiney metal ball".

G1 80's Transformers - Use sound bites directly from the show.

Voltron - Activate each of the 5 Lions to transform into MULTIBALL!

An 8-Bit Graphics era tables with blocky playfield art. 8-Bit sound!!!

A Harry Potter table

If it's not taboo, my wife would like a Tarot Card/ Wiccan table
    or a Small fuzzy animals table??? lol

Star Trek Voyager

80's Thundercats

A Diablo 3 table to coincide with the games release!

A PGA Tour Golf table

Japanese Anime table / Pachinko

A Six Flags table not to be confused with Roller Coaster Tycoon

...more to come! Cheers!

Default new

Good.I think a good table to make, would be a Duke Nukem style table. It would have Duke standing somewhere on the board

alcohol tests
    Last edited by hira2; 10-05-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
    Why would it not be possible just because there was a previous actual table? There is an actual Rocky and Bullwinkle table but zen made a new one, there is an actual Street Fighter II table but Zen made "Street Fighter II Tribute" table.

Licensing may be an issue, but not for the reason you listed.

Also since you are a fan Corpsmith, there is a much lesser known game called Judge Dredd Pinball that was released for PC back around 2002 I think.
    That's v true. I was thinking that as Midway had taken the license relatively recently then it wouldn't be available but as this isn't the case I'll reaffirm my request for a Judge Dredd table

And thanks for the heads up on the PC version. However, as my wife tells me, the PC isn't for gaming. That's why you have the Xbox

I'd love to see a retro style electro-mechanical table.

I think it's more likely we'll see unlicensed tables as Zen Originals...which is fine by me.

A wild west table, as someone suggested a long ago, would be great. But there are infinite themes which could be used without involving a (expensive,probably) license...
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Quote Originally Posted by muffin mang View Post
    I'd love to see a retro style electro-mechanical table.
    Like a steampunk style?

No, just an older table style before solid state.

This one looks interesting. EM could also fit the bill quite nicely for a western theme as earlier mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by muffin mang View Post
    No, just an older table style before solid state.

This one looks interesting. EM could also fit the bill quite nicely for a western theme as earlier mentioned.
    Ohhh, that would be awesome

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    This was one of my ideas when we were doing the original Zen Pinball for PS3. Pretty cool that I'm not the only one who thinks it would be awesome - because I definitely was the only one in the room that day who thought so!
    This idea was executed several years ago when Nintendo came out with De Blob game.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Like a steampunk style?
    Yes, steampunk rules!!!

Hi Zen-Team.

Can you give us the PS3 Tables from Zen Pinball which are not in Pinball FX2.

V12
    Shaman
    El Dorado
    Tesla
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

I like the tabels and I want them for Pinball FX2 please.

I hope you can do it please.

Something with bugs and flora around them. In a cute way (Bugs life) not gruesome. You'd be one type of bug, exploring his surroundings. I can imagine a bee hive somewhere, ant-pile/mountain (however that thing is called), caterpillar, bumblebee, grasshopper, flower for a drink, dangerous creek, leathal mantis and a mate of course.

Rise of mankind
    This would be a huge table, because it would consist of layers of ages. And as you read on, you will realise it would be a really challenging one to finish.
    For example, initial table setting would be in prehistoric times. may not be historically correct, but it would present as the Neanderthals or something in that area, with mammoths, dinosaurs, etc. You would first have to become selfaware. Create fire, make tools, draw on stone, hunt in groups with strategy in mind. One of the final missions could be catching a t-rex, using tools to make stakes and make a BBQ Now, when you are done with quests for pre-historic era, you would become to advanced for it and you would need to evolve. not just like that, but by using the ball and flippers of course. Whe you would successfully advance to a new age, the table would change (ball held somewhere in the meantime). Dinosaurs, caves and caveman,would change into something else. At a latter time, arhaic-antiquity with ancient greece and such, middle age. with bows, knights,..., another would be a not long ago time, with World Wars, then the modern days. In each period you would have to complete the missions and then advance to the next age. In each age there would be also a end of days event. If you would activate it, which you would not want to, something would happen, that would end humanity. Plague in the dark days, nukes in war times, asteroid in modern times, aliens in future. In such case, the game would not be over, but human kind would have to become again and start advancing, therefor you would start from the earliest age again. Because of this, caveman would perhaps not be the best for the first table layout. Something even earlier perhaps, at least primates or even further back into the ''big bowl of soup'' where small cell organism would have to survive, grow, come to land, grow,..., primates, and then next age, caveman. (Nice addition would be various types of balls for completing important quests or advances through ages. Fireball to light the BBQ in Neanderthal era. Stone and wood as well. Iron in dark age.)

The Art of War
    You would be one of the conquerors (could be one decided in advance or like in the above case, several to choose from, Cezar, Alexander,..., you choose one and the story begins). You would lead your army around the world with a goal to make whole world into one country under your rulling.

Fairytale
    You'd be a common farm boy.You hear of a princess locked in a tower in far away land. Since you are borred with farming and you haven't seen a girl upclose yet, you venture on a journey across lands with endgoal of freeing the princess. On such journey various perils await and people and animals in need of assistance.
    (Another idea is a table(s) made from fairytales of the past such as Snow White, Little Red Ridding Hood,...)

Wow, there are a lot of cool ideas in this thread and it's getting harder to think of something that wasn't mentioned before, but let's give it a try.

A math/geometry table:

The table would have a main field and a geometry mission field. Your goal would be to paint geometrical figures on the mission field (maybe a chalk board).

So, how would you do that? The clou of the mission field would be that it has 4-6 moveable flippers. Your goal is to bring them in the correct position, so when the ball enters the mission field and you time your first shot correctly, it brings the ball to the second flipper, from there to the third and so on.
    In the end, if all shots were timed correctly and the flippers were in the correct position, you would perform geometrical figures.

Moving the flippers would be done on the main playing field. By doing comboshots (a bit like choosing the fighther on Street Fighter) you choose, which of the flippers you're trying to move. An orbit shot decides the direction of the movement.
    How far the flipper would be moved is decided by adding shots. The ramps and targets could have different values, so you need to do the math if two ramps and an orbit are enough to bring your flipper in the perfect position.

A Napoleonic era table:

I'm not quite sure, but I think this era hasn't been mentioned yet. The table could follow Napoleon's campaign and with the many cannons, muskets and pistols of the time, there are a lot of possibilities to shoot balls from.
    The american civil war would be an alternative scenario with a similar feeling.

Scrubs:

Being J.D. and having missions like helping Turk with surgery, avoiding the janitor's traps or sucking up to Dr.Cox seems like fun.

You can also count me in as +1 for the Discworld, Nightmare before christmas, Iron Maiden and Steampunk themes.

I'd like to see a multi level steampunk table that looks like the inside of a clock, with pieces that always move and change how you play the table. Repetitive shot high scores should be impossible. It would be nice if it wasn't a high scoring table. We've had a lot of those lately.

What about a table that makes sounds and composes music as you play? I'm sure you've seen games that have reactive music. "REZ" comes to mind first. It would have some techno music playing and everything on the table that you hit would make a pattern of sounds that combine to create more music. Doing certain things would unlock more music. And it should have epileptic visuals.

Why confine the game to the inside of a tall table when almost every one of us have wide screens? One table that fits our screen side-to-side could be interesting.

We could use a few villain tables where we're the bad guy and we have to defend against good guys while doing dastardly deeds. Going with the Marvel thing: Venom. Dr Victor Von Doom. Ares.

http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/portraits/venom.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/...octor-doom.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/portraits/ares.jpg

And what about females on the tables? Firestar. Black Cat. Shriek.

http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/...s/firestar.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/.../black-cat.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/...its/shriek.jpg

The Last Starfighter. Please? Please? Please?

Tron /original and Legacy

Nightmare on Elm Street /or Friday 13th

The Muppets. Animal on drums, the borty-borty-bort cook, Beaker and the bald science guy, the blue eagles at the top of the table laughing at our mistakes, and Piiiigs iiiiin Spaaaace!

Adult Swim series: Sealab, Frisky Dingo, Archer and Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Back to the Future would be boss.

6 tables Star Wars series?

Wink My table(s)

Personally I'd love to play a zombie/ demon (or daemon) invasion table (I know we've had Earth defense, so It could use some sorts of thing from that table, or the Lord of the rings tables)
    I know a few have said zombie, but I'd prefer demon myself, because there are different types of demon enemy and massive bosses, and it can be done elaborately with complex ramps and mini-games etc.

My favourite real life table is Star wars Phantom menace 3d pinball table,(I got second place on it) as the different stages of multiball against maul were brilliant, and everything was perfectly balanced, such as extraball etc
    Do like the idea of a Duke Nukem or similar style theme for a table though

Default Tables based on music genres, if not specific bands?

There would be lots of possibilities here. If getting licenses for specific bands were too expensive, you could still make tables based on all sorts of genres from 60s British Invasion, to 70s classic rock, progressive rock, funk, soul and R&B, to 80s New Wave, 90s Alternative and so on.

I love music and would really be thrilled with music-themed tables. And even the exact types of music wouldn't be as important as a table that plays well.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    I'd like to see a multi level steampunk table that looks like the inside of a clock, with pieces that always move and change how you play the table. Repetitive shot high scores should be impossible. It would be nice if it wasn't a high scoring table. We've had a lot of those lately.

What about a table that makes sounds and composes music as you play? I'm sure you've seen games that have reactive music. "REZ" comes to mind first. It would have some techno music playing and everything on the table that you hit would make a pattern of sounds that combine to create more music. Doing certain things would unlock more music. And it should have epileptic visuals.

Why confine the game to the inside of a tall table when almost every one of us have wide screens? One table that fits our screen side-to-side could be interesting.

We could use a few villain tables where we're the bad guy and we have to defend against good guys while doing dastardly deeds. Going with the Marvel thing: Venom. Dr Victor Von Doom. Ares.

http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/portraits/venom.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/...octor-doom.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/portraits/ares.jpg

And what about females on the tables? Firestar. Black Cat. Shriek.

http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/...s/firestar.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/.../black-cat.jpg
    http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/...its/shriek.jpg

The Last Starfighter. Please? Please? Please?

Tron /original and Legacy

Nightmare on Elm Street /or Friday 13th

The Muppets. Animal on drums, the borty-borty-bort cook, Beaker and the bald science guy, the blue eagles at the top of the table laughing at our mistakes, and Piiiigs iiiiin Spaaaace!

Adult Swim series: Sealab, Frisky Dingo, Archer and Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Back to the Future would be boss.

6 tables Star Wars series?
    Adult Swim would HAVE to include Metalocalypse.

Australia, mate! I see you've played knifey spooney before!

Default ESRB Rating

So many utterly awesome ideas!

The one thing that I am wondering though is why, when almost every PFX2 player on my XBL list (a fair few people) is of an age where they are considered an adult, people shoot down more 'mature' ideas - Horror, Gore, Violence, Nudity, all that good stuff - on the basis that PFX2 won't be able to maintain the ESRB rating.

I don't understand why this is such an issue. Surely there are enough adult players to warrant adult tables? If the rating was made higher, would people seriously stop playing it altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by TinglyDi3ase View Post
    If the rating was made higher, would people seriously stop playing it altogether?
    No, but it would require just as much work/time/money to make, and likely fewer people would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn74 View Post
    I would like to see a science fiction space opera themed table.
    Ditto. Some franchises/IPs I'd like...

Forbidden Planet (featuring Robby the Robot)

Cthulhu

Dune (but not the lame non-Frank Herbert books)

Solaris (tee hee)

War of the Worlds

Tintin: Destination Moon

Hellboy

Mars Attacks!

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

The Fifth Element

Dead Space

So many utterly awesome ideas!

The one thing that I am wondering though is why, when almost every PFX2 player on my XBL list (a fair few people) is of an age where they are considered an adult, people shoot down more 'mature' ideas - Horror, Gore, Violence, Nudity, all that good stuff - on the basis that PFX2 won't be able to maintain the ESRB rating.

I don't understand why this is such an issue. Surely there are enough adult players to warrant adult tables? If the rating was made higher, would people seriously stop playing it altogether?
    You're right, there are enough adult players, but we prefer to keep it appropriate for the young ones too

Australia, mate! I see you've played knifey spooney before!

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    No, but it would require just as much work/time/money to make, and likely fewer people would buy it.
    Why would fewer people buy them? You may be right, but I think you're relying on a lot of untested assumptions.

One table.....out of 30-odd. It would hardly change the overall feel of the game. It would merely add another dimension for those that wanted to give it a go. I still think it would be worth a try.

Why would fewer people buy them? You may be right, but I think you're relying on a lot of untested assumptions..
    Yep, that's why I said "likely".

Pinball is already a niche market. I think most adults who buy pinball DLC would happily buy all "family-oriented" tables, but not everyone would buy restricted tables. Heck, I'm an adult (at least by age...), and I'd be less inclined to buy adult-themed tables.

I'm already uncomfortable enough playing the "Moon Knight" table (I'm not familiar with the comic, but we have a white hero wearing a costume reminiscent of a KKK outfit, black villains (at least thematically), and a sidekick dubbed "Frenchie" -- yikes!).

I'm already uncomfortable enough playing the "Moon Knight" table (I'm not familiar with the comic, but we have a white hero wearing a costume reminiscent of a KKK outfit, black villains (at least thematically), and a sidekick dubbed "Frenchie" -- yikes!).

Marc Spector is Jewish, if that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by hectorpuppet View Post
    Marc Spector is Jewish, if that helps...
    Not really, sorry. I *would* love to be convinced my discomfort was unfounded, because I love the table flow...

The Moon Knight comment literally made me laugh out loud. That was hilarious.

On topic, I forgot to add something very important to me to the list of things I would like to see:

Stargate: Either SG-1 or Atlantis themed (preferably Atlantis). I suppose I could stomach a Universe themed table but really wouldn't prefer it. Stargate has been my all time favorite live action TV show for over a decade. Universe kind of started out slow but picked up nicely right before SiFi canned it. But that's a topic for another forum. I'd just love to see a Stargate themed table. That and Futurama, which I mentioned previously.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

You're entitled to your view, but I really don't see this as a race issue.

Moon Knight wears a white robe, sure. But so does Gandalf the White...

The Ku Klux Klan wear a pointed hood. It's almost a mitre, and serves much the same religiously-based authoritarian purpose. Moon Knight, however, wears something more akin to a (bombastic) cowl.

Seems to me that Moon Knight has more in common with a contemporary video game hero, than the KKK:

Not sure about the "black villains" either, thematically or otherwise. OK, one villain appears to be black-skinned. That doesn't make a theme, let alone a hate crime.

As for Frenchie, again, I see nothing wrong with this. If I had a French friend, I'd be calling him Froggy. (Or Cheese-Eating-Surrender-Monkey.)

In short, you can find racism anywhere if you look for it hard enough. Sometimes, things are simpler than they seem (particularly when it comes to comics designed primarily for young boys.)
    Last edited by Womble; 03-13-2012 at 02:27 AM.

WOMBLE! You killing me with the giggles. Remind me not to be drinking something while reading your posts!

I agree 100%, Moon Knight turned out to be my favorite table of that pack and I never once until it was mentioned got a hint if racism or even being slightly risque!

One thing that's worth mentioning though is that a lot of the superhero's we see today were created between the 1930's and the 1960's, where at the time something that was innocent or the "norm" back then might be a controversial issue today.

Can you imaging making a table based on the original Dick Tracy cartoon that was rife with stereotypical archetypes? I'd never fly today be we accepted it back then!

Cheers!

KickBeaten Down

This idea was executed several years ago when Nintendo came out with De Blob game.
    Yes - although it wasn't Nintendo. And I still think it would be awesome to do in a pinball table, where the haphazard bounces would introduce a bit more chaos into the images that are generated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast