Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 502 Bad Gateway Error

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    490

    Default 502 Bad Gateway Error

    I use Google Chrome, and I'm getting the following error message when posting on this forum. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? This has just recently started occurring.



    502 Bad Gateway

    nginx/0.7.67

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    I use Google Chrome, and I'm getting the following error message when posting on this forum. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? This has just recently started occurring.



    502 Bad Gateway

    nginx/0.7.67
    Yea, I get it with Firefox, it is what caused my double post that you mocked me for yesterday

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Yea, I get it with Firefox, it is what caused my double post that you mocked me for yesterday
    LOL See...when I get the error, I hit the back button and try to post again...and I get a message from the Zen forums stating I'm attempting to post a duplicate. So...mine at least works in SOME capacity. LOL

    So...I still mock you for your double post.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Im using IE (boo me) and I get it too, and not just here but other forums that use this same format too

    Haxors on the move I say

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    I have also noticed that new posts are not updated... e.g. this thread showed now that only one person has replied and that I have seen it, but when I looked I saw that there was already 2 additional posts which I wasn't notified off.

  6. #6
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I have also noticed that new posts are not updated... e.g. this thread showed now that only one person has replied and that I have seen it, but when I looked I saw that there was already 2 additional posts which I wasn't notified off.
    Yep, me too. Currently showing 2 replies for me, when there are in fact 4 (not including this one).

    I'm using Firefox 3.x

    Incidentally, I just got the error on my initial visit to the site i.e. before attempting to do anything. Had to refresh and the error disappeared.

    EDIT: And again when I posted this. Perhaps a spring clean is in order?

  7. #7
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    It appears that the 502 error is a caching related issue.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    It appears that the 502 error is a caching related issue.
    In what way? It has to be site related. I've been using this forum forever across a number of browsers (I like to switch up periodically so my day to day browsing doesn't become so mundane :-p), and until recently I'd never gotten the error. Now I've gotten the error across all browsers, including newly downloaded ones.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    In what way? It has to be site related. I've been using this forum forever across a number of browsers (I like to switch up periodically so my day to day browsing doesn't become so mundane :-p), and until recently I'd never gotten the error. Now I've gotten the error across all browsers, including newly downloaded ones.
    Hysterical. I got one posting this. LOL


    What say ye Zen? WTF's goin' on here? LOL

  10. #10
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    In what way? It has to be site related.
    A caching issue on their server. Web browsers aren't the only programs that use cache.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-25-2011 at 04:47 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Still happening and it is totally messing up the recent posts since it will post a reply but not update the thread as being replied to. Makes it hard to have a conversation.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    LA (the state)
    Posts
    18

    Unhappy

    I was wondering the same thing.
    I thought it was just because I'm using my Mac instead of my PC (mac usually has retarded problems with certain sites) but it seems I'm not the only one it's happening to.

    Plus, I can't edit my profile picture or avatar without some poo response.

    *le sigh*

  13. #13
    Senior Member crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    340

    Default

    We are looking into this, hopefully we can get it fixed today.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Scotty Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I use IE at work, and Safari at home, and the 502 error happens on both machines. I just hit refresh, but it doesn't double post for me.

  15. #15
    Senior Member crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    340

    Default

    This problem should now be fixed, please continue to post if the same issue occurs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •