Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

Talking Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

Here is the scoop on Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

- Brand new four table pack releasing this winter for Pinball FX2
    - The first table revealed is Ghost Rider
    - We will release more information including the other three characters, pricing and exact release dates as we get closer to launch

P.S. there are other PFX2 releases coming before this pack releases including Ms. Splosion Man, Sorcerer's Lair, Paranormal and a brand new, unannounced, original design.

Cool can't wait, ghost rider looks amazing!!!!!

This is better news than the the new pack. Brand new unannounced design is the thing I am most psyched for (steam-punk? Pleaaaaase??? lol )

Keep up the good work guys
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Glad to see the return of the 4-pack. I love getting that many new tables at once. Looking forward to it.

All the complaining on these forums lately has been really annoying. Stop crying and let Zen work.
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 07-25-2011 at 06:43 PM.

This is better news than the the new pack. Brand new unannounced design is the thing I am most psyched for (steam-punk? Pleaaaaase??? lol )

I'm with you on this one... can't wait to hear what this table is going to be about!!!
    Last edited by Cloda; 07-25-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Wow zen, you guys are awesome. So we will see eight more tables before the year ends.

Zen, thank you for the update on the upcoming table releases. However you really need to patch the content you have already released. Its a peeve of mines when a developer keeps releasing new game content with bugs and not resolving the problems. Please take a look at the table bugs thread and make it a priority to get the fixes required on the tables done soon. The issues really do detract from an otherwise outstanding pinball platform.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

This is awesome news, Guess will be busy up to and beyond 2011

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

This is exactly the announcement i was waiting for! 4 tables coming before the release of a 4 MARVEL pack..and all this in a 6 months time!

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    Zen, thank you for the update on the upcoming table releases. However you really need to patch the content you have already released. Its a peeve of mines when a developer keeps releasing new game content with bugs and not resolving the problems. Please take a look at the table bugs thread and make it a priority to get the fixes required on the tables done soon. The issues really do detract from an otherwise outstanding pinball platform.
    There will be a game update addressing a bunch of bugs. We try to do them all at once! Sorry it's taking longer than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    There will be a game update addressing a bunch of bugs. We try to do them all at once! Sorry it's taking longer than expected.
    Again, thanks Crackervizzo. Thats all I was after, confirmation that your working on the problems. As long as I know they are coming I can wait a bit longer.

From Facebook:

Ms. Splosion Man announcement is coming tomorrow (I think). It did not get made last week for the same reasons games don't ship on time!

p.s. it's now winter in one half of the world. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Wow zen, you guys are awesome. So we will see eight more tables before the year ends.
    8 tables, at least, in the final 5 months of the year....yeah. That's OUTSTANDING. Then we have all of NEXT year.... LOL

*drool*

Thumbs up

Cool so maybe will get our first look at MsSP Table next week

Its another thing seeing Screens but when you see the Tables in motion thats what does it for me... hopefully not to long to wait for that.

Regardly the announcements where good and it shows Zen is growing thus it will keep getting better.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Does the term "Vengeance and Virtue" have any significance in the Marvel Universe? Is it a storyline or something like that?

EDIT: @ Lepruk86 ... pardon my ignorance, but isn't the Tesla table on the PS3 'steampunk'? I checked out your youtube videos too... subscribed
    Last edited by Scotty Canuck; 07-26-2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: adding more stuff!

You guys are eating away my MS-Points like candy xD Shame on you for releasing one fantastic table after another! ^^

The last Pinball-Game I realy liked was "Slam Tilt" back in 1997.. nothing released since could capture my attention for longer than some Minutes.. I even played the original Pinball FX at a friend console and wasn´t amazed or anything.

Then you guys came up with your great strategy: Releasing Pinball FX 2 as a free Platform where everyone could demo-play every table and buy one for 200 Points without having to buy a whole game first.
    I gave it another chance, tested some of the tables and decided to buy "Excalibur" and fell in love in an instant! Some weeks later I bought almost every table avilable and right now I own 17 tables and almost every singe one is pure gold!

Do I get this news correct? There are 8 new tables coming up!??

The future looks bright - good to have some original tables to look forward to. By the time winter arrives I will be ready for some more Marvel.

Im also pleased that the Marvel tables will be a four pack - hopefully this will enable Zen to experiment a bit more and also add some tougher tables in the mould of Iron Man or Rome.

Personally I have been a bit concerned that the tables had been becoming increasingly 'noob friendly'.

Yes i know they want to get more people playing but I much prefer the tables that take weeks to beat rather than hours (Captain America).

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post

Personally I have been a bit concerned that the tables had been becoming increasingly 'noob friendly'.

Yes i know they want to get more people playing but I much prefer the tables that take weeks to beat rather than hours (Captain America).
    I agree with you, but consider this. The new tables are certainly easier than some of the old ones, but your skill is growing as well. Maybe you would have not beaten CA so fast if it was one of the first tables you tried...

Hi Zuprichy,

I have you on my friends list - you have made some great scores recently! Especially on Wolverine and Captain America (3 wizard modes??).

I do agree with your point that the new tables also seem easier because we have become more skillfull.
    I guess that is a problem for Zen - how to make tables that are suitable for both new and experienced players?

I guess that is a problem for Zen - how to make tables that are suitable for both new and experienced players?
    The easiest way IMO is to allow achievements/trophies to be earned on any difficulty (in the operators' menu) and update the leader boards, so there is a separate score board for each difficulty.

For those of us that are getting too good on the tables, we can just change the difficulty to "hard". For those that are new to pinball, they can set the game on easy.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The easiest way IMO is to allow achievements/trophies to be earned on any difficulty (in the operators' menu) and update the leader boards, so there is a separate score board for each difficulty.

For those of us that are getting too good on the tables, we can just change the difficulty to "hard". For those that are new to pinball, they can set the game on easy.
    Do the majority of players even know that you can change the difficulty level ? i know a work mate of mine that only plays fx2 occasionally knew nothing about it until i mentioned it.

how to make tables that are suitable for both new and experienced players?
    Easy - they do both and release them at the same time in a big four pack of tables just like the did with the likes of Spiderman and Wolverine for the newer folks at pinball and the more complicated Blade and Iron Man for move advanced veterans of the game

The highlighting of "noob" tables as theyve been called ie Mars, FF and CA is as such simply as when your getting only around one table a month that table will really smack in your face who it is aimed at after fifteen minutes. I think the very prospect of EIGHT new tables before we reach 2012 will mean everyone will get what they are looking for at least a couple of times with only a few months to wait.

Hi Zuprichy,

I have you on my friends list - you have made some great scores recently! Especially on Wolverine and Captain America (3 wizard modes??).

I do agree with your point that the new tables also seem easier because we have become more skillfull.
    On Cap i lost my last ball on the 3rd part of the 3rd Wm.It was 4/5 days after i bought the table,never played since then. On Wolverine i reached 4 or 5 wm ( it's an easy table, once you are able to activate the CLAW SAVE at will) but i'm not very good with multiballs, i made most of the points out of EOBB.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Easy - they do both and release them at the same time in a big four pack of tables just like the did with the likes of Spiderman and Wolverine for the newer folks at pinball and the more complicated Blade and Iron Man for move advanced veterans of the game
    That could be a solution, but consider that not everybody is willing to pay 1000 MP ( the new pack will cost that or even a little more,imo) at once.Some people prefer to add one table at a time,choosing maybe their favourite character (MARVEL) or theme (original tables).And the realease of a pack means a lot of months ( not in this end of the year, luckily, but in general) with no table coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Canuck View Post
    Does the term "Vengeance and Virtue" have any significance in the Marvel Universe? Is it a storyline or something like that?

EDIT: @ Lepruk86 ... pardon my ignorance, but isn't the Tesla table on the PS3 'steampunk'? I checked out your youtube videos too... subscribed
    Thanks for the sub; more videos coming soon - in the middle of messing around with some new software - I am new to it all so xD.

On-Topic:

It sort of is yes; but I only have a 360. I did have a PS3 but sold it recently (for many reasons - though not because I needed the money).

It also isn't proper steam-punk akin to fashion or design. You know like the Goggles as headbands thing. But yeah the existence of that table will likely mean that I won't ever see a proper SP theme. I am just obsessed with it because it is so rarely done.

Last good full Steam Punk game was Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast... yeah it's been a few years xD. (and yes; I would be VERY happy with just Tesla coming to 360)
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Default hooray

Hooray for original content!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuprichy View Post
    That could be a solution, but consider that not everybody is willing to pay 1000 MP ( the new pack will cost that or even a little more,imo) at once.Some people prefer to add one table at a time,choosing maybe their favourite character (MARVEL) or theme (original tables).And the realease of a pack means a lot of months ( not in this end of the year, luckily, but in general) with no table coming out.
    Well i see no reason at all why there would be many months without release of a table as the result of the odd pack... just as long as they do them in tandom with one another ie no more than say two or three packs a year. Even Marvel Pinball itself can now say its content with packs AND single release tables as part of its drip feed into new content for the hungry masses.

As for the price point, yeah and there isnt much we can do about that but its the compramise we get. For all we know the pack could well be just enough of a discount compared to getting all four tables seperate to seal the deal people grabbing the whole pack bundled with a table they dont care for the character for.

At the end of the day though i feel anything over 1000MSP is almost the norm. Arcade games tend to cost more than that with every release now, generic map packs for FPS cost more than that for retail games etc so for this kind of replay value and the fact Zen needs to make something for their efforts im all for 1000MSP+ packs of tables every now and again and it should in theory give them a chance to cater for everyone better.

@Lepruk86:
    There clearly isnt enough steampunk in videogames.. I´d love a "real" steampunk-table too and realy hope, that Zen will bring something like that sometime.

[offtopic]
    I hope you have played the game "Arcanum"? Its quite old and sadly the graphics where shit even back then.. and nowadays it doesnt look any better But still it was the best steampunk-game I ever played and the atmosphere is still one of the best in gaming history.
    Gotta love the soundtrack:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjyQ...eature=related
    [/offtopic]

Pinball FX 2 is one of those games (like Trials HD) that I never would have purchased if the price had been more expensive.

However based on the hours Ive spent on it since I would happily have paid £40 for it as a full retail release. Of course if it had been that expensive I never would have bought it in the first place!

As for current pricing - to me 240msp per table is a bargain. I would happily pay 400 per table.
    For the next Marvel Pack I would assume a price of 1200msp and I will happily pay that.

Pinball FX 2 is one of those games (like Trials HD) that I never would have purchased if the price had been more expensive.

However based on the hours Ive spent on it since I would happily have paid £40 for it as a full retail release. Of course if it had been that expensive I never would have bought it in the first place!

As for current pricing - to me 240msp per table is a bargain. I would happily pay 400 per table.
    For the next Marvel Pack I would assume a price of 1200msp and I will happily pay that.
    I'm with you on this one... I am busy playing L.A. Noir and have maybe put in about 6 hours or so on the game and I'm already on to the final missions. In the end it will thus take me say about 10 - 15 hours max to finish the game. On the tables I have played a lot on (which is most) I have topped at least 10 hours and many more towards 20 hours and above... so as far as value for money goes in terms of hours spent on a game - fx 2 definitely beats all competition in my gaming life.

I'll happily pay 400msp for a new single table and 1200msp for a 4 pack if it means that it will enable ZEN to keep on churning out the tables and improving the game.

You make a very valid point thought - I believe they will really struggle to get the masses to buy tables if the price point is any higher than it is currently and that will in the long run work against Zen as they do need mass support to stay competitive.

Default Shhhh...

The tables are a bargain (well most) but lets not bleat about it too much or they could well take the oppurtunity to increase the price if they know punters are willing to pay more.

Hasn't all 4 packs come at 800 ms pts... I remember the Marvel Core Pack, PFX2 Core Pack, PFX1 Core Pack all being at that price point.

I would assume it would be the same here.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 07-27-2011 at 05:12 PM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    The tables are a bargain (well most) but lets not bleat about it too much or they could well take the oppurtunity to increase the price if they know punters are willing to pay more.
    Not all punters are willing to pay more. As ive said before, if the tables or packs where priced higher than they are now, I know many of my friends would not have purchased them. Simply because they look at it like a "full game" has more content than pinball has to it (per table) so they would buy other titles over Zens. And thats pretty indicative of how most people see it imo.

So the prices as they are now, is pretty much perfect in relation to content vs price. The tables are good fun, and priced appropriately for the amount of actual content they contain. Its a good sales strategy. Its no doubt why we have seen a pretty good uptake across both platforms from people who are not that "in to" pinball but like a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Hasn't all 4 packs come at 800 ms pts... I remember the Marvel Core Pack, PFX2 Core Pack, PFX1 Core Pack all being at that price point.

I would assume it would be the same here.
    Yep, that's what I was thinking

The next 6 months are going to be awesome

I love how Zen are teasing us more about future releases, really gets the Pinball Blood going. It creates more hype instead of saying oh heres the new pack and all its contents.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

sry you know my english is not so good

it come a new pack? that have sploison man,paranorma,sorceres lair,and another one?

what is with the ghostrider table??? when come this table to xblive? i hate it that the tables earlie on psn come out before xblive,psn sucks and i think you have more players on xblive
    sry for my really bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Weedstar DeLuxe View Post
    sry you know my english is not so good

it come a new pack? that have sploison man,paranorma,sorceres lair,and another one?

what is with the ghostrider table??? when come this table to xblive? i hate it that the tables earlie on psn come out before xblive,psn sucks and i think you have more players on xblive
    Okay there are 8 (eight) tables coming between now and Christmas.

Sorcerer's lair (On it's own)

Ms. 'Splosion-man (On it's own)

Paranormal (On it's own)

1 Unannounced Table (On it's own).

---------

Then you have a BRAND NEW Marvel pack - this will be 4 tables all together:

1: Ghost Rider (known)
    2: Unknown
    3: Unknown
    4: Unknown

These will be a bundle (like pbfx2 core tables / Marvel pack 1 etc)

Is that clearer?

(That's how I read the info anyway)

Okay there are 8 (eight) tables coming between now and Christmas.

Sorcerer's lair (On it's own)

Ms. 'Splosion-man (On it's own)

Paranormal (On it's own)

1 Unannounced Table (On it's own).

---------

Then you have a BRAND NEW Marvel pack - this will be 4 tables all together:

1: Ghost Rider (known)
    2: Unknown
    3: Unknown
    4: Unknown

These will be a bundle (like pbfx2 core tables / Marvel pack 1 etc)

Is that clearer?

(That's how I read the info anyway)
    thank you now its clear

that are really good news
    sry for my really bad english

Great news about the 8 tables! I hope that "this winter" means before Christmas. Technically, it could mean 8 tables by the end of February...

Quote Originally Posted by Steam89 View Post
    Great news about the 8 tables! I hope that "this winter" means before Christmas. Technically, it could mean 8 tables by the end of February...
    Very true. Even if we have to wait until feb for all 8 however; that is sill a lot of content between now and then. So that makes me pretty happy either way .

Hope we get the next table some time in August.

It's winter* right now in this half of the world... does that mean that I get the tables soon?

*Aussie winters are sometimes more mild than English summers LOL

See...I like it when they "tease" us. Hearing about tables, even if the details are sparse and the release dates far off. Personally, I love the table multi-packs. When I get one, I play one table for like...an entire week. Then I move on. For me...it's then like I get a release a week for a whole month!

Was just going through some of the books I picked up the last 2 weeks, and 2 of them struck me as a good fit for the Vengeance and Virtue set.

Daredevil seems like a big enough character to get a table. The other table I'd love to see would be a Cloak and Dagger, there's a lot that could be done with the light and dark on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC11 View Post
    Was just going through some of the books I picked up the last 2 weeks, and 2 of them struck me as a good fit for the Vengeance and Virtue set.

Daredevil seems like a big enough character to get a table. The other table I'd love to see would be a Cloak and Dagger, there's a lot that could be done with the light and dark on it.
    Daredevil would indeed be awesome - Cloak and Dagger no less as well but are they a big enough draw to fill the coffers given most casuals will not have heard of them... regardless Zen could have a field day with those two - teleporting balls for the win

Default Hulk Dreams

I'm psyched to get my hands on a HULK table, and I'm assuming that this will be a part of the V&V pack.

I have dreams of a table that turns GREEN when Dr. Banner gets ANGRY! So much that Zen could do with this character...

How about flippers that actually get larger when you Hulk out? That would be cool...........

There is a new table announcement coming this week...stay tuned.

An announcement that there is going to be an announcement..........

How i like these things...the thrill of anticipation... Is not time to have a date yet?

And with as said on the FB page, this table is being announced this week for a reason. Veterans Day, so a table of a war vet...perhaps Punisher?

Eagerly awaiting epic quest, hope thats it.
    Anyway, any news is good news, ill buy any table you guys put out.
    The marvel tables are all top notch, cant wait to get my hands on four more!!!
    Last edited by Bababooeyville; 11-09-2011 at 03:47 AM. Reason: fix

An announcement that there is going to be an announcement..........
    Capcom is the best at that, period lol

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Question

I don't know how I missed this being posted on this thread... surely this is already mentioned somewhere above and I just missed it,

1 Ghost Rider
    2 X-Men
    Trailer: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...nball-fx2.aspx

3 Dr Strange
    4 ???

Isn't it just the one table we don't know about yet?

Its actually 2 Tables yet to be revealed, 1 is to be revealed this week thats what we know for now.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Yeah, Dr. Strange hasn't been fully confirmed or anything, just one of the rumors thrown about with people trying to decipher the two shadow pics. I'm still going with Punisher with the wording on FB of "Zen Studios BTW: there is a REASON this table is being announced this week...." People are also guessing it could be Strange with that wording, since he'll be in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 which comes out next week, but you'd think they'd announce him then if it was. Guess we'll find out soon enough either way!

I personally want a Silver Surfer Table.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

My bad folx, been away from the forums for a bit... didn't see this one from a few weeks ago: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=3524

... and I had taken rumors too serious when I said Dr. Strange, apologies (still hoping)

I too like the idea of the fourth being hulk as I think we need a green pallet on more tables. I love me some 'pool but I think he's only funny when he says things that are fresh which wouldn't be the case on a pinball table.

Pity this means we'll likely nvr get an Avengers table, at least we shouldn't worry about any more 'muties with the x-men table taking most well know ones.

So long as it didn't have Galactus in it as the final fight. Maybe have Thanos as the main villain, and Surfer has to collect the Infinity Gems, with some help from people like Adam Warlock and Nova(the herald one), fight some lower battles against the likes of Terrax and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    Pity this means we'll likely nvr get an Avengers table, at least we shouldn't worry about any more 'muties with the x-men table taking most well know ones.

With the Avengers movie coming in May, I wouldn't rule the table out as a tie-in. Wolvie is back in the x-men table, and not all players do buy every pack or stand-alone one.

Ok so I've been following this post for a while now as well as studying the silhouettes a bit. For the middle left one, I agree on Hulk, it seems a bit obvious to me. For the middle right, there quite a few ideas i had jumbling around.

First off, Zen never really specified if ALL of the tables are going to be heroes, or if they may throw some villains in. If they decide to throw in villains I can honestly say I'm thinking Mr. Sinister.

However if they decided to go with all heroes, while the Dr. Strange thought has merit (Dr. Strange is making a comeback in the Marvel comic and movie/tv show world) I don't think they'd release a X-Men AND a Gambit table in the same pack.

But there is one mutant that people aren't thinking of that (imho) fits the description of "wild card" in the Marvel Universe, would accurately match the silhouette AND make for a great pinball table.

Yes folks, I'm talking about Jamie Madrox (aka Multiple Man)...

Think about it. "Wild card" imo would mean someone who isn't prominently featured in the Marvel universe, but has a unique skillset that is useful for many situations (Jamie has helped people such as Mr. Fantastic, Havok, Polaris, The Fallen Angels, he was a member of X-Factor, etc., etc.) And when it comes to pinball you'd have ENDLESS multiball possibilities.

Sorry for the long winded post but I thought about it a bit and look at the silhouette a bit more closely. Jamie Madrox wore a long trench coat similar to Gambit's with a big collar like that and he was quite tall. Just thought I'd add my two pennies to who the silhouettes are.

No, its Dr Strange.

No, its Dr Strange.
    Unconfirmed as yet. It could be someone else with a fancy background making it appear like Strange due to his cloak's collar. But odds are you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiSteve View Post
    Yeah, Dr. Strange hasn't been fully confirmed or anything, just one of the rumors thrown about with people trying to decipher the two shadow pics. I'm still going with Punisher with the wording on FB of "Zen Studios BTW: there is a REASON this table is being announced this week...." People are also guessing it could be Strange with that wording, since he'll be in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 which comes out next week, but you'd think they'd announce him then if it was. Guess we'll find out soon enough either way!
    Punisher would be so sweet.
    Whatever they are Im on it day one!

No, its Dr Strange.
    I never said its DEFINATELY Jamie Madrox. I said, in my opinion, he fits the definition of "wild card", fits the silhouette picture and would make a great pinball table. No one knows for sure who it is. Don't tell me my opinion is wrong, that's just rude.

I hope its Dr Strange I'm sure ZEN would do an amazing job,lots of potential with this character but i have my doubts thats it is Dr Strange.

Zen said (If I remember correctly) that one of the tables will be on a character that is not so in the mainstream... I'm not a Marvelite so I just about only know the mainstream characters (the ones that appeared in movies and on TV). I went to the Marvel Character page to see if any character stands out for me but in the end there are just too many and I absolutely have no clue

In a four table set named Vengence and Virtue, you have to figure Punisher has to be a heavy favorite. Daredevil would be awesome, or an Avengers table... why wait for the Movie tie-in? It's not like the table wouldn't still be available by then!

As a side question, are Zen and Marvel related by a parent company? Or do they have an agreement? That will make it their 10th Marvel table. Not that I am a DC fanboy (at 31, I'm not called a boy anymore) but I think I could probably think hard enough to make an interesting 4 packs of other than Marvel characters ;-)

Or maybe some Dark Horse love.... hmmm.... Hellboy....

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Irealys View Post
    In a four table set named Vengence and Virtue, you have to figure Punisher has to be a heavy favorite. Daredevil would be awesome, or an Avengers table... why wait for the Movie tie-in? It's not like the table wouldn't still be available by then!

As a side question, are Zen and Marvel related by a parent company? Or do they have an agreement? That will make it their 10th Marvel table. Not that I am a DC fanboy (at 31, I'm not called a boy anymore) but I think I could probably think hard enough to make an interesting 4 packs of other than Marvel characters ;-)

Or maybe some Dark Horse love.... hmmm.... Hellboy....
    Punisher is mainstream. Dr.Strange is not.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Punisher is mainstream. Dr.Strange is not.
    Dr. Strange is actually a bit more mainstream than people think. Maybe not so much as the likes of Punisher or DareDevil but ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077469/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910865/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1211837/

... I know the last one's not out yet, but still, his medium is out there.

Talking

I don't know if Surfer could pull off his own themed table... I love me some Surfer but he is one [I]dry[I] fella. What do you think about a Heralds of Galactus deal with Nova, Terrax, erm... those other guys... I just think the whole Cosmic thing would be awesome.

On a side note, Two Vengances: Ghost Rider, Hulk; Two Virtues: X-Men, Dr. Strange. Makes sense in this respect.

(lol @ 'pool, he's not vengeful nor virtuous

I just keep thinking, why would Strange be announced this week specifically, and not next week since that's when Ultimate MVC3 comes out to coincide with the release of that. Then again it could just be me and not hoping it will be him, because well frankly...I was never a big fan. That and he has been in more games than Punisher has in awhile. Aside from that one on PS3. Never did get to play it since I don't have one, but I think the company that developed that begins with a Z and ends in an en...

Talking

Well its Moon Knight everyone, Im glad he got some love because he is basically Marvels version of Batman.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

oops, lol, yeah makes sense now: Vengeance of the Moonknight... makes obvious sense, I've read that mini. Makes more sense than a vengeance of the Hulk like I was thinking...

don't like Moony though... yeah he's similar to Batman (but cooler because he's in Marvel universe ) but kind of an empty character (like modern batman). Too much vengeance, not enough substance.

... one more thing... been looking at that last silouette (don't care how its spelt ) and trying to make it dr. strange....

.... guys could that be Namor? Ol' Imperious Rex would be more of a Vengeance kinda guy though, right? and we'er needing another "virtue" guy...

I think it'll be Thor if we look at the pattern of the last pack. Who nows could be Strange still that would be freaking awesome. Two famous tables,two not so famous.

I think it'll be Thor if we look at the pattern of the last pack. Who nows could be Strange still that would be freaking awesome. Two famous tables,two not so famous.
    Thor is a popular guess, but I don't see how you guys a re getting Thor from that pic. A good Thor representation has got to have his winged helmet, but the silohette (sp ) has a long slender head.... Namor-ish.

Exclamation

I was not thinking of that you are right!! Dr. Strange FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!

Thor is a popular guess, but I don't see how you guys a re getting Thor from that pic. A good Thor representation has got to have his winged helmet, but the silohette (sp ) has a long slender head.... Namor-ish.
    I know I said earlier it could be Jamie Madrox, but judging by Moon Knight, I doubt that's the case now. After knowing this, I went back and looked at the silhouette a bit harder.

Everyone's thinking it's a head with a collar. Ever think maybe it's not a head at all? Give it a closer look. The right side of the "collar" (left side for you, looking at it) looks like it could be a hand holding something (the rough outlining could be fingers). The "head" looks like it could be the hammer (Thor holding the hammer over his head, classic Thor pose).

And look VERY closely at the detail. In the Moon Knight silhouette (looking at it in hindsite) you can see the cracks in the wall behind him and what-not. Not clearly, and you may not know what they are, but then you see the colored in pic and go "Oh ok, that's what that is".

Now do the same on the other silhouette. All around where the "head" is it looks like outlines of white streaks all around in the background (could easily be lightning coming off of the hammer). And if this were the case, you wouldn't see the helmet in the silhouette, it'd be underneath the hammer.

This is just my updated two cents. I'm thinking Thor.

While the winged helmet is normal garb, we have seen him in the recent film without it. He has also featured in several comics without the helm, its all artist dependent really. Plus I think there was a reboot few years ago where they dropped the hat and his old look entirely, I seem to remember him without it in games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance and such (black costume with lighted blue circles on it).

Also as a small side note; Thor isnt the only person in the marvel universe to carry Mjolnir. There have been in the past "thorites" iirc, with characters who are "worthy" to carry the hammer granted the power of Thor. There was even an alien who had the power of Thor at one point.

I think the alien your thinking of is Beta Ray Bill...

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

If it's Thor, best have a mini-game with Throg in it. If the FF table can have Herbie, we need a hammer wielding frog!

Talking

He needs to say -
    "For Odin, for Asgard!!"
    and
    "Have at Thee!"

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiSteve View Post
    If it's Thor, best have a mini-game with Throg in it. If the FF table can have Herbie, we need a hammer wielding frog!
    lol... herbie was mainstream in the "regular" marvel universe where-as Throg is a Pet Avenger (no offense to Throg).

I feel you though, that would be a cool hidden mini-game... an easter egg mini-game.

lol... herbie was mainstream in the "regular" marvel universe where-as Throg is a Pet Avenger (no offense to Throg).

I feel you though, that would be a cool hidden mini-game... an easter egg mini-game.
    Yeah, I know. Aside from when Thor was the frog, he wasn't cool again until Pet Avengers. Actually, Pet Avengers would make a rather fun and quirky table on their own. Loved Ms. Lion and Hairballs banter in it.

Well now I wouldn't be surprised if the last one ended up being Thor. Earlier people were saying Thor is a character that probably couldn't sell a standalone table but he's big enough character to have a table so including him here kinda makes sense. Same thing applies to Doctor Strange too though.

Yet I dislike the character and especially villains. Loki, Ymir, Destroyer, Ulik, Absorbing Man, Enchantress and worst of all Frost Giants. Ugh, yuck and blergh. So I really hope he won't be the last one or this package goes from great (when I knew there will be Ghost Rider and X-Men I was "Yay, let there be Hulk, Doctor Strange, Punisher, Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Avengers without Cap and Iron Man or something as cool") to ok

Really if I'm asked to pay for 4 tables for a package that has 2 uninteresting tables I have to think the purchasing again. (No don't come telling me how awesome table layouts there are when we already have 20 tables that for the most part have minor differences. At this point I only buy tables if they have real uniqueness or really attractive theme)
    Last edited by pinballer; 11-11-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    (No don't come telling me how awesome table layouts there are when we already have 20 tables that for the most part have minor differences)
    I'm sure you could make the same argument for all real life machines. There is only so much you can do with a ball, ramps and toys on a limited playing area. Zen manage to keep it fresh and always manage to incorporate something new to keep you interested. At least they do in my opinion. My only disappointment with their tables since PBFX2 was released is Ms Splosion Man (and to a lesser extent Mars). Balanced scoring, yes. Too boring? Hell, yeah! As long as they keep releasing tables with busy playfields and interesting modes, DMD games and side missions I will keep buying them.

Really if I'm asked to pay for 4 tables for a package that has 2 uninteresting tables I have to think the purchasing again.
    Fair enough. But, maybe play the demos before writing them off?

Also, you're talking about a $5 investment. It's not like it's a huge gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Fair enough. But, maybe play the demos before writing them off?

Also, you're talking about a $5 investment. It's not like it's a huge gamble.
    I will, but that I'm not liking the concept is already a huge hit. I don't play as Moon Knight in Marvel Ultimate Alliance although he stomps Spiderman and Doctor Strange.

And no it's not huge investment by itself but there are a dozen other interesting games around, i'm still very happy with the tables I have currently and every "it's just 5 bucks" quickly grows into a 100 or more bucks when you consider every table, coffee, avatar item, comic, gum etc

Thing is if they offered X-Men or Ghost Rider for $3 I probably wouldn't hesitate much unless the table absolutely sucks

Interesting how the reaction to Moon Knight is a double sided coin.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    I hope its Dr Strange I'm sure ZEN would do an amazing job,lots of potential with this character but i have my doubts thats it is Dr Strange.
    While I'm still bummed at the lack of Daredevil, Doc Strange would almost make up for it. Mostly because I can't imagine a Dr. Strange table being anything less than absolutely off the program.

Thumbs up

Dr.Strange wouldn't sell that great as a stand alone table probably. So it would make sense to include him in this pack. Keep showing your support for DR.STRANGE!!!

Well Dr.Strange will get alot of Pub' with the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 game releasing next week, also theres that surposedly a Movie is in the works.

I 2 hope he gets his own Table one day.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Question

A friend of mine is convinced that the final table is Cloak & Dagger.

Interesting, Well if the PACK is launching in December I would think will know the final Table by the end of this month.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

They would definetly satisfy the "virtue", but would likely be a pretty dark table. Plus They made Moon Knight out to be the only obscure one. C & D are pretty rare... no current book that I know of.

They were one of my initial wants a few months back, but I think the Moon Knight table hurt the chances of that, although I would still love that table.

Interesting how the reaction to Moon Knight is a double sided coin.
    Well the last table truly is the decisive one. If it is Hulk then there are conceptwise 3 great tables which is pretty good percentage, but if it is C&D or Thor like some are saying then it's 50/50

I still don't understand why these tables can't be sold individually

Well the last table truly is the decisive one. If it is Hulk then there are conceptwise 3 great tables which is pretty good percentage, but if it is C&D or Thor like some are saying then it's 50/50

I still don't understand why these tables can't be sold individually
    Come on doh 800MS PTS for 4 tables really can we complain, thats just me talking btw. I actually am fond of Thor, got some of the comics and the movie on Steelbook Blu Ray... So I guess im a Thor fan

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Odds are 60% Thor, 39% Hulk, 1% other.

Both Thor and the Hulk are in the upcoming AVENGERS movie.
    It sure appears to be Thor from the image as far as I can tell...

Can we expect a Moon Knight movie sometime in the near future?!

===============

p.s. expect prices to be more in the 1000msp range for 4 tables... still good value imho
    Last edited by FIREBALL; 11-15-2011 at 01:55 AM.

That would be extremely cool, lot of potential for an original table .....

My bet stays on black panther though ... because of the shadow ... i can't figure out thor in the drawing .. no long hair, no helmet, i think the black shape looking like mjolnir is a trick !

Last edited by X DrLobo; 11-17-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Over on the ps3 thread it seems that THOR trophies are up for the VV pack. I hope if it is Thor its the more classic Thor with helmet i might then be able to get the Mrs playing the table, she will not watch the movie because its not Thor with out the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    Over on the ps3 thread it seems that THOR trophies are up for the VV pack. I hope if it is Thor its the more classic Thor with helmet i might then be able to get the Mrs playing the table, she will not watch the movie because its not Thor with out the helmet.
    A link was never given was it? as far as I know no Trophies have been seen as of yet.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast