Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

I'll start with Moon Knight...It seems very few like him, and the leaderboard will be less crowded, at least at the beginning...

"The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Ghost Rider will definitely be the first to play, followed by x-men, then Moon, Thor. In chronological order on how they were revealed to us.

Watching Thor's trailer makes me think that V&V tables will probably be of even higher quality than previous Marvel Tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Watching Thor's trailer makes me think that V&V tables will probably be of even higher quality than previous Marvel Tables.
    Thats the magic of Zen. Every new release, they keep innovating and improving with no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    All we can judge by atm are the trailers. Unfortunately, the trailers don't all do an equal job in showing what the actual table's play will be like.
    X-Men and Thor's trailers do an excellent job showing what shooting the balls around the table is going to feel like... shows the flow, if you will.
    Ghost Rider's has some great shots (that crazy rifle/shotgun [shotgun, right?] launching the multiball is H O T ), and show's a bit of flow, but too much of the 'villain walking out' stuff; this trailer takes third.
    ... but Moon Knight's, I've watched the trailer since release and I still don't feel like I have an idea what the table will be like, ie flow. Way too much of Moony scrappin' with... whoever that is (sorry, I know I'm a Marvel nerd but I haven't read enough Moony to know who that cat is).

Based solely on the trailers, I'd likely start with X-men or Thor. Buuuut, I am a total Marvel nerd and will likely start with Ghost Rider; because I'm a fan and the flames and shotgun are really grabbing my eye.
    In case you are all wondering what my favorite table is and where I will be starting: Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zuprichy View Post
    I'll start with Moon Knight...
    Yup, same here.

The more esoteric the table, the better. I'm really glad Zen are mixing up the obvious, popular characters with lesser-knowns (or unknowns.)

And nobody can seriously say Zen are trying to cash in on Moon Knight's popularity. (Or Blade's for that matter.)

Now for that Blake's Seven table...

Evening folks...

Well; can't say any of the trailers excited me that much for these tables. I will buy them of course but at the moment I am feeling really uneasy.

I mean, obviously they are all technically brilliant (art, sound design etc all seems to get better with every new release)...

But none of them are catching my eye at the moment as a *must play now!!!*...

I don't think it's the tables - maybe i'm in an odd mood at the moment... who knows...
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

Judging from the trailers, Ghost Rider looks to be a highlight; though it seems this company is most proud of Moon Knight. X-Men seems kinda like a sequel to Speed Machine, layout-wise. Thor looks quite fun.

This seems like it could out-do the previous Marvel Pinball pack; all look good and none of them seem too clunky, unlike Iron Man.

Alas, I'm not sure which tables will be great or so-so until next week. Can't wait!

Also, I am sure everyone will be posting their thoughts, but I would be really interested to hear what you guys think of the Moon Knight intro animations / cut scene. It's a whole new approach, and we could take it even further. We could even do this type of thing in the middle of the game when an objective is met or a mode is completed. I'll be sure to ask this again once the game is out - we should probably start a whole new thread as well to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    In case you are all wondering what my favorite table is and where I will be starting: Moon Knight
    That's probably the table that I'm going to play first too.

Also, I am sure everyone will be posting their thoughts, but I would be really interested to hear what you guys think of the Moon Knight intro animations / cut scene. It's a whole new approach, and we could take it even further. We could even do this type of thing in the middle of the game when an objective is met or a mode is completed. I'll be sure to ask this again once the game is out - we should probably start a whole new thread as well to discuss.
    I guess it's hard to tell just from the trailer. Moon Knight seems to be moving around a lot during the game.
    It seems pretty cool and dynamic, but the question is, if there is enough time to watch/enjoy those scenes. I sometimes feel that I don't have the time to look at the scoreboard and I miss a lot of animations there.
    The hard part -I assume- is to have the scenes happening somewhere near the ball -like if you hit a hole and have 2-3 seconds until the ball appears again- without drawing off your attention from the game.

For actual cut scenes, you have to make sure that the ball will be given back fairly after the scene. Many players pointed out that they sometimes loose balls after starting a save game. For a whole cut scene you need to have enough time afterwards to get the ball back savely.

On the other hand, it would be pretty cool, if you see your actions/successes on the table reflected in the positioning/behaviour of the models on the table. I look forward to see how Moon Knight handles it and give feedback.
    Last edited by Verjigorm; 12-07-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Red face

Interesting can't wait to check this out, Oh how is the Table icons going to fit surely they aint going to shrink any further are they?

I think Folders should be implemented like Favourites, Marvil Pinball etc.

Would that be even possible? what do you think of the idea?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Interesting can't wait to check this out, Oh how is the Table icons going to fit surely they aint going to shrink any further are they?

I think Folders should be implemented like Favourites, Marvil Pinball etc.

Yes folders good sir
    Clean up that mess Zen
    Wow, cracker's got me really interested in Moon Knight now.
    Now I'm even more confused.
    BTW, Thor looks badassssss
    My favorite design visually so far
    I don't even like Thor, but in the end. It doesn't even matter.
    This is gonna be great.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Folders?
    what about just making the other stuff around the tables
    a little smaller. I just hate opening doors after doors to
    get to where I want to go.

Like Samara said in "The ring"...

Seven days!

Also, I am sure everyone will be posting their thoughts, but I would be really interested to hear what you guys think of the Moon Knight intro animations / cut scene.
    omfgbbq Zen has made the Metal Gear Solid of Pinball!

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post

Well, if that's the case..let's hope they're skippable!

I'm going to try each table once, keeping Moon knight for the end ... cos' that's the one i'm expecting the most

I know it's wrong to judge by the trailers, but that's all we got for now...The tables looks amazing, but the weak one in my opinion is the x-men. I mean, it dosen't look bad, just...ordinary.

Which, considering Zen's standard, will mean surely enjoyable.But still...Maybe it's the colours, maybe the layout, i don't know...

I like the idea of it, especially for the trailer for the table, as I didn't know anything about Moon knight but now I do because of the trailer . I would like it if it is used to tell more of the story of a table e.g. Captain America was around a specific comic; Ed Brubaker’s CAPTAIN AMERICA 65TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL. I read the comic on the internet prior to playing the table so I could see how strongly the missions etc. were linked to the comic book. What though would have made it really nice for me, would have been if the table was started with an intro cut scene and if the different elements of the table was linked either with a cut scene so that you could actually make sense of the story without having to read up on it. Once you have beaten the Wizard mode it will also be very nice if the table can end with an outro before the table resets again. A style that I think will work very well for the cut scenes is the comic book style I remembered they used for a game called MDK 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClVGx9R-fzo)

One very important consideration though for me (which would be the deal breaker/maker) would be that you must have the option to be able to skip it permanently (On/Off option in table settings). In my opinion this must be done for any in game animations for missions as well e.g. Captain America's animations quickly gets very annoying and can take long. Pinball is all about flow for me so anything that unnecessarily break the flow is not good in my book e.g. kickback animations on Mars.

This is also only an extra for me... as long as Zen studios focus on producing quality, bug free tables with rule sheets that challenge my abilities I will be happy but I can think that many of the Marvel first, pinball second group of players would love these kind of cut scenes that tells more of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    One very important consideration though for me (which would be the deal breaker/maker) would be that you must have the option to be able to skip it permanently (On/Off option in table settings).

This is also only an extra for me... as long as Zen studios focus on producing quality, bug free tables with rule sheets that challenge my abilities I will be happy
    I agree about those 2 points.

I'm largely with Cloda on this one. I certainly wouldn't mind cut scenes to add more flavor to a table and give back story on characters players might not be familiar with like Moon Knight, but being able to skip them or turn them off completely would be necessary. Nothing breaks the flow of a good game like having to wait on something you've already seen a hundred times before you can play again.

What really has me interested though, is if this is an approach Zen is considering, might we get a full-blown pinball campaign involving multiple tables and challenges all tied together by a common story arc?

Quote Originally Posted by heathenSauce View Post
    What really has me interested though, is if this is an approach Zen is considering, might we get a full-blown pinball campaign involving multiple tables and challenges all tied together by a common story arc?
    Sounds great !!!

As a Marvelite, I like the idea of cut-scenes to see more of my favorite hero actually doing something.

B U T, the pinball fan in me is wary. All to often I've been distracted by something going on on the table and not noticed the ball being "snuck" back into play. If your going to do this more (and while I like Cloda's thoughts above on a permanent turn on/off switch, I realize implementing this may be a pain), please, please, at a minimum, let it be clear that the ball was safely "caught" somewhere before the scene and give a countdown or similar warning when it's in play again.

..... or would this just break the momentum, disrupt the flow....? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by heathenSauce View Post

Sorry for posting two in a row... don't know how to quote twice...

... just wanted to weigh in on this one as a groovy idea. I'm excited to see how Epic Quest is going to do with the idea of a continuing campaign... and Heathen's idea of having a campaign of some sort continue across several tables... groovy. Gets us closer to fleshing out how a Marvel Event could actually work out; as a pack instead of a single table.

I like how you fooled all of us with the teaser artwork. Crafty, Zen.

Moon Knight is looking to be this pack's Blade. I hope one of the tables is as challenging as Iron Man.

I think it's a great idea that will add to the immersion for new players. Features like this will help you secure the bigger licenses. Just don't go overboard and start adding QTEs.

Moon Knight's, I've watched the trailer since release and I still don't feel like I have an idea what the table will be like, ie flow. Way too much of Moony scrappin' with... whoever that is (sorry, I know I'm a Marvel nerd but I haven't read enough Moony to know who that cat is).
    Raoul Bushman.

Midnight is in there as well, and it looks like the wizard mode will be against Black Spectre.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Yeh I also agree, all cutscenes and what not should be able to be skipped etc. This Talk is making me think Moon Knight will be the first Table I play

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I think Folders should be implemented like Favourites, Marvel Pinball etc.

I play on PS3 & there the Tableicons are like in a endless Circle ,continueing on the left and right Side,where you can scroll left or to the right,while the Table you want to start is in the middle of that Roundabout ( just Marvelboards ) . So it never uses more Place then bevore... i think that would be nice for the PFX2-Owners...
    Last edited by Dicepticon79; 12-07-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Evening folks...

Well; can't say any of the trailers excited me that much for these tables. I will buy them of course but at the moment I am feeling really uneasy.

I mean, obviously they are all technically brilliant (art, sound design etc all seems to get better with every new release)...

But none of them are catching my eye at the moment as a *must play now!!!*...

I don't think it's the tables - maybe i'm in an odd mood at the moment... who knows...
    What qualities are the tables lacking that make you feel so indifferent about the newest offerings? Having not played them, where do you think they suffer? How could they have been improved upon. I'd like to know a little bit more this uneasy feeling you have. Did you try taking some Pepto?

Another apology for back-to-back posts, but...dammit, I'm excited for this release. I truly am. It's only been a month, but I've driven Modern Warfare 3 into the ground and want to get back to some pinball. 4 pack releases are ideal for me. I love Ms. Spolosion Man and Sorcerer's Lair...but after spending sufficient amounts of time with them, I kinda leave the FX2 suite for a while. It'd be nice to have daily/weekly/monthly challenges, sort of like they have in Call of Duty games. You know, things to shoot for, whether they're easy, moderately difficult, or stone cold brutal...that give you a reason to revisit tables from the days of yore on a more regular basis. Sometimes I get burned out because score is all I have to shoot for, and I get to a point on the majority of tables where I just can't get any higher.

Red face

Lepruk: Well; can't say any of the trailers excited me that much for these tables.
    I will buy them of course but at the moment I am feeling really uneasy.

UranusIsBroken: Did you try taking some Pepto?

PlutoHasBeen: I suggest you 'see Alice'...should get you through a four hour pinballathon.

Default MOON & cut scenes

WOWZA!! Love the MOON trailer, crackervizzo.
    Sure would like to see much more of that...

I think videos/cut scenes would work best as intro & outro...
    a little something extra for all who buy the tables.

A simple solution to turning the videos on/off would be to use the existing ARCADE EFFECTS ON/OFF switch in the Help & Options Menu.

To me all 4 Tables look set to be winners, but until we get hands on we cant judge it. Now going by the trailers and images, I certainly think this will be knockout and will be the Party game for my Family on Christmas day.

Dont really understand some saying they feel uneasy about the pack but thats just me.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    What qualities are the tables lacking that make you feel so indifferent about the newest offerings? Having not played them, where do you think they suffer? How could they have been improved upon. I'd like to know a little bit more this uneasy feeling you have. Did you try taking some Pepto?
    Honestly i'm not sure... That's the thing. As I said the tables all look brilliant technically. Zen really have listened to our feedback on that part and genuinely seem to be making efforts to correct it.

I guess it's just that they don't really show you how the tables flow. I think i'd prefer a solid uninterrupted 1-2 minute preview of playing to really get a feel for them.

I think it's not the tables, but the trailers that have made me a little uneasy.

But don't take this to mean that I am needlessly hating; i've been around here a while now and you all know I love Zen and the work they do.

Meh as said; i'll buy them for sure - great deal and last Christmas I spent more time on pbfx 2 than I did any other game (probably put a good 50-100 hours into it in the month i got it).

EDIT: Oh and I really didn't enjoy Ms. Splosion Man - I thought it had some amazing ideas but it was just too easy. I prefer tables with a bit more of a challenge. Sorc's Lair is a bit harder at least.

I just hope at least one of the Marvel tables is really hard aka Blade / Wolverine difficulty. I am not good at hard tables; but I still prefer to play them.

(Hell Iron Man is my favourite from the first pack; and most people find that table cheap with the side drains).
    Last edited by Lepruk86; 12-08-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post

lol - I hope this doesn't mean that we'll need to hide in boxes and chow down on snakes to play this new table.

As long as cutscenes are skipable I don't mind cutscenes at all. They are cool for when you start getting into a table or just for casual play, but when you're used to the table or just going for a highscore they're just hella annoying if you can't skip them.

Actually, the main reason I don't play Captain America as much is because when you start the mission with the guy in the bottom right, you can't skip his little speech which last about 10 seconds. I just get so annoyed by the waiting, especially because you can skip all of the other mission intro's on that table, which actually have more going on...

As long I'm not forced to watch them I'll be fine with all cutscenes.

I think cut scenes would be a great idea. Only after the ball is in a safe place like a saucer or something to hold it. Not to many though. I dont want to see the same thing over and over. I think you should have them when you finish a objective or mode. This question has got me all excited, My brain is going nuts thinking about whats to come in the future. Zen you guys are doing a great job. Eagerly awaiting V&V pack. Took the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by heavydskipp View Post
    Eagerly awaiting V&V pack. Took the day off.
    Promote this Man

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

cutscenes on - (off) in the options menu.

cuz like that guy said, there cool the first couple times.
    After that they get in the way.

Ok you know what we should do, on the first day you play this make sure to post your impressions etc. in this Thread and also it will be interesting if you say which Table you played first and why you where drawn to that particular Table.

Doesn't have to be anything big just a few words.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-08-2011 at 08:55 PM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Thumbs up

Hell yeah cracker, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought Moon Knight was the best.
    And good idea Shoryuken, let's keep all of the new Marvel discussion right in this thread. It'll be easier for cracker to research that way too, rather than having to sift through a million threads that are all the same.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 12-08-2011 at 10:26 PM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Hell yeah cracker, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought Moon Knight was the best.
    And good idea Shoryuken, let's keep all of the new Marvel discussion right in this thread. It'll be easier for cracker to research that way too, rather than having to sift through a million threads that are all the same.
    In some ways your correct but we can't really have everything Marvel Pinball related in here, now just for the 4 Tables ok but when we start doing scoring strategies etc. it just wont fit.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Thumbs up

Yeah I know bro.

Just watched all four trailers again. I'm really getting pumped man.
    ghost rider with that big shotgun is just badass.
    I Don know which someone said xmen was like a sequel to speed machine. That's insulting, there looks to be way more things going on there. Thor is so pleasing to the eye, it really is beautiful. Moon Knight is the table Zen seems most proud of, so that alone makes me anxious to get my hands on this pack of tables, all of 'em look like true winners.
    This is sort of a rambling message, but I just want to convey my excitement. This should be special guys(and gals).

Default Rule Sheet and Scoring Strategy direction

One thing that I can't wait to see about these tables (well one of many things ) is what direction Zen has taken with the rule sheets and scoring strategies. I really hope that they have kept the communities suggestions and opinions in mind for at least one of the tables. What I mean is a rule sheet and scoring strategy that requires you:

- to play and complete all the main modes for access to wizard mode
    - wizard mode that is hard work to complete
    - playing through wizard mode being your highest scoring strategy
    - no spammable modes where you can score more points that playing through wizard mode
    - all the scoring modes and bonuses capped to a certain reasonable score (like Ms. Splosion Man Jackpots) and per ball (unlike paranormals jackpot building)
    - other modes that give you reasonable points and other awards such as extra balls and kickbacks but not dominating scoring
    - permanent ball saves e.g. claw save if available must be hard to get
    etc.

So far for me Fantastic 4 is one of the most balanced and fun tables around with its mission based approach to wizard mode, wizard mode that needs some work to finish but give good points, various different but quite difficult ways to get extra balls, interesting multi-balls that give you decent points and are stackable, no mode that dominates the table and lastly a permanent balls save in NZ balls save that is a great help but are quite hard to keep activated on a regular basis. I have to add off course that the table at the moment is full of brilliant potential which will only be realised once the scoring glitch and game breaking bugs are fixed.

Another table that would have been closed to perfect for me is Sorcerer's Lair with its nice layout and varied missions and modes.... if only you had to actually complete the missions to get to Midnight Madness it would have been a very tough table. At the moment it is just too easy and it is not in your best scoring interest to play the table to its fullest as you just need to keep 12 Obsidian stones and play through to Wizard mode as quickly as possible. I do hope that Zen will one day make a hard option (and leaderboard) where the rule sheet and scoring of a table is adjusted and not just the angle of the table and objectives of modes etc. Sorcerer's can end up being a completely different (and much more enjoyable in my opinion) experience if you make the changes I suggest above.

Anyway... can't wait to see what has been done for these 4 tables. Even though I know I will enjoy whatever Zen conjured up, I would much rather have tough tables that you can repeatedly try rather than more Ms. Splosion Man's and Sorcerer's Liars where you score in the Billions and have to play for hours to get anywhere.
    Last edited by Cloda; 12-09-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Exclamation

I said from the beginning that Moon Knight is a hundred percent eye candy. Cannot wait to play it. I think I'll still play GR first so I can just savor not playing MK for a bit longer,LOL. MK will most likely be my favorite.

Default Get hype!

Wow its just 4 or so Days till the Pack touches down, Get Hype Pinballers!!!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I know the tables come out next week, but Destructoid posted a very in-depth preview. Thought you might like to take a read:

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-m...e-217588.phtml

Wesley actually spent over an hour with hands on a few weeks ago, he has a great feel for the new tables.

I know the tables come out next week, but Destructoid posted a very in-depth preview. Thought you might like to take a read:
    Man I am really looking forward to this. Early Christmas present for myself ^_^

Thumbs up

Wesley actually spent over an hour with hands on a few weeks ago, he has a great feel for the new tables.
    I tried not to read that but I couldn't resist. Don't worry, there is only one or two minor spoilers. This article did confirm my intuition about playing GR first. " Marilyn Manson inspired soundtrack". HOLY CRAP BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!! It also said that MK has a very epic soundtrack. Seems like Zen is really upping the audio game more all the time. And X-Men has ACTUAL Marvel supplied voice talent. GR soundtrack is gonna RAAAAWWWWWKKKK!! And I'm not a big Manson fan, but I'm assuming that is just who the author thinks of when hearing any type of harder music,LOL.
    GHOST RIDER FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You really made my saturday night with this cracker, thank you so much. But I'm wondering why PS3 gets the tables a day early? 360 has many more pinbll players. We should get them a week early!!! Hell, even a month, lol.
    Also, author found Thor to be the hardest table, so I was RIGHT about that one. But he also says that Thor may be the most elaborate table out of them all. Thank god it's not another Iron man in that aspect lol ( not having much going on in it, on top of being ridiculously hard and low scoring).
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 12-10-2011 at 07:50 AM.

What the hell is wrong with Cyclops stomach muscles?

Where are the days that MS accidentally throws stuff on xbla to early, certainly not when you want them to...

Great preview btw, that actually got me pretty hyped now, seems like these tables might be the best that Pinball FX2 will have to offer from now on. I'm ready to no-life these tables.

Will V & V be a stand-alone pack? Or will it be part of pinball fx2?

But I'm wondering why PS3 gets the tables a day early?
    The US PS store updates on Tuesday evenings (around 7:00pm EST), so we get the titles roughly the same time as Sony Europe does (Wednesday mornings).

Quote Originally Posted by celtic_illusion View Post
    Will V & V be a stand-alone pack? Or will it be part of pinball fx2?
    It'll be part of Pinball FX 2. It's just a new table pack.

Must not view, ahhh I can't help it.

Nice preview if I do say so myself. This just makes the wait even more harder

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Seems like ZEN could be going to set the Bar even higher for their table's graphics fx and music/sound.

Thumbs up Powerhouse

Exactly satch. Zen just keep raising the bar in those categories more and more. As the author said, Zen has created Cinematic pinball. You can tell this, and how epic things are going to be just from the previews alone. I cannot WAIT til Wed, I definitely consider it my early X-mas. I always hated waiting til the 25th to get cool things that I want, ahahahahaha. Zen is just becoming an absolute powerhouse.

Exactly satch. Zen just keep raising the bar in those categories more and more. As the author said, Zen has created Cinematic pinball. You can tell this, and how epic things are going to be just from the previews alone. I cannot WAIT til Wed, I definitely consider it my early X-mas. I always hated waiting til the 25th to get cool things that I want, ahahahahaha. Zen is just becoming an absolute powerhouse.
    Couldn't agree with you two more, seems there is no finite point to how much Zen can keep raising the Pinball bar.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Well, that was the last weekend you won't be able to play Marvel Vengance & Virtue

I have to post something slightly unrelated... but I really like how Zen doesn't just insta-delete any negative posts or topics (least they don't seem to?)

I posted something similar about another game's trailer on their forum and my post got deleted immediately - I wasn't saying the game was bad; just the trailers didn't shine it in the best light. - Anyway I won't say what.

But yeah - random slightly off-topic but related to my previous post - least we are allowed to actually speak up here; even when we do have concerns.

On-Topic:

I have watched the trailers through a couple more times and still don't really get a feel for any of the tables. I think the trailers focus too much on the characters and not enough on the momentum - that's what bothers me (as I said before).

However I do understand this decision as it's easier to make them look exciting to a wider audience than simply watching the silver ball fly around the table.

KickBeaten Down

You're definitely allowed to criticize our stuff (and post about other pinball games that you like). Just keep it civil so that the boards remain a pleasant place to visit.

The trailers do focus mostly on the characters. Pinball gameplay isn't as an effective marketing tool, generally. Plus, gameplay videos will be commonplace once the tables are out, but we only get to do one trailer.

I have watched the trailers through a couple more times and still don't really get a feel for any of the tables. I think the trailers focus too much on the characters and not enough on the momentum - that's what bothers me (as I said before).
    I know how you feel and that's why I only watched the trailers once and just stick to looking at the screen shots of the table layouts. I get a much better idea on how the table is going to play by looking at the screen shots than viewing the trailers.

For me I don't want the Trailer to give hardly anything away, just seeing the Ball and the Tables Artwork is enough for me. I want to investigate the Table myself lol, But yeh I understand how some would want to see the Tables Flow etc... Also I understand the whole make the Trailer more about said characters to market it to the non Hardcore audience.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I know how you feel and that's why I only watched the trailers once and just stick to looking at the screen shots of the table layouts. I get a much better idea on how the table is going to play by looking at the screen shots than viewing the trailers.
    Zen is a little bit behind this time around... usually about a week before a table is released you can already see the table image and rule sheet on the web-site (marvel or fx 2). This time around only Thor's table image is there, so I hope the rest appear some time soon

Zen is a little bit behind this time around... usually about a week before a table is released you can already see the table image and rule sheet on the web-site (marvel or fx 2). This time around only Thor's table image is there, so I hope the rest appear some time soon
    Yeh true, doh I kinder understand with all thats been happening with them like launching on all those platforms and now Marvel VV release.. the Team must be swamped. Heck I need ma Overhead Table Images for ma Guidezz, so Zen please update the Marvel Pinball Website

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Super excited for this one, just got me some fresh MSP's, please take them Zen

Odd; wonder if the whole Dashboard Update has made the early codes delayed, usually Cracker throws a couple out...

Well as long as the actual release doesn't get delated we will all be happy

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by MrPanic View Post
    Where are the days that MS accidentally throws stuff on xbla to early, certainly not when you want them to....
    So true. I'm like a crack fiend with pinball tables, and I want to play these tables NOW!!! These new Marvel tables look great too, and to think it started with Extreme, Speed Machine and Agents, and now look where they are. For any real fan these are awesome. I'm excited for Epic Quest too, on a side note

There should be no codes given out for this one. It's a set of four tables and no one should be allowed to get a head-start. Let's all get a first look at it on Wednesday.

GR soundtrack is gonna RAAAAWWWWWKKKK!! And I'm not a big Manson fan, but I'm assuming that is just who the author thinks of when hearing any type of harder music,LOL.
    Actually, the soundtrack for Ghost Rider is the instrumental for "The Beautiful People", a Marilyn Manson song.

On the topic of release. I've had my MSP stored for weeks now, just waiting for this release. I can't get enough of Zen's tables. Hopefully I'll get my fill of these 4 before Epic Quest comes out. I know I'm going to be spending loads of time on that one. As for favorite of the four pack, pre-release guess: Moon Knight. We'll see after I play them all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    You're definitely allowed to criticize our stuff (and post about other pinball games that you like). Just keep it civil so that the boards remain a pleasant place to visit.

The trailers do focus mostly on the characters. Pinball gameplay isn't as an effective marketing tool, generally. Plus, gameplay videos will be commonplace once the tables are out, but we only get to do one trailer.
    Yeah I understand that; and the trailers are to try to draw new people to the game. Us here on the board would buy a new table without anything other than a title of it (least most of us would anyway).

So the trailers aren't even for the main fans necessarily.

And you know us lot that critique only do it because we actually have invested care into your product. You know me somewhat by now; I own most of the tables, play regularly, post regularly and genuinely love the game.

People are constantly praising you for your overall work and I think everyone agrees that the wonky stuff (sound design / scoring layouts and paths etc) are improving so much from even a year a go.

I also did say I was in an odd mood at the moment; so I am sure that is clouding my current judgement on things (got a lot of RL crap on which is unrelated of course).

But honestly; just want to say I genuinely can't wait for these tables. I know you have worked hard on them and they are going to be great over the break.

Sweet nectar of the friggin' gods. Something to pull me away from MW3 for a good GD while. Yeefriggin'haw! Tomorrow...is a pinball day. All...*(@#$&@#(* DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by gasfoodmurder View Post
    So true. I'm like a crack fiend with pinball tables, and I want to play these tables NOW!!! These new Marvel tables look great too, and to think it started with Extreme, Speed Machine and Agents, and now look where they are. For any real fan these are awesome. I'm excited for Epic Quest too, on a side note
    Yeah...now that we have these 4 pending immediate release...what's next. I'm not greedy or anything...ok...that's a lie. Neeeeeed mooooooore tables. LOL

Awesome preview. Its also the clear that the guy previewing it knows the game, giving it alot more credibility.

Judging from the pictures and what I have read and seen, I am think Thor may just be the table that can match the level that Blade did. I could be completely wrong though as they all look awesome. I am glad we are going back to the 4 pack release. The single tables are cool but this feels like getting a new game entirely and it also gives Zen the ability to throw in some tables with a little upscaled difficulty.

My comparisons would go like this-

Avengers will be like the Wolverine table. Not too hard to score and offers medium challenge levels.

Ghost Rider could possibly be the Spiderman. High scoring and more fast and flowing. Would fit that theme anyway.

Moon Knight will be the Ironman, basic in style of layout but hard in terms of keeping ball in play. Disciplined play will be needed judging by the pics.

Thor will be the Blade. Epic in just every way imaginable. Difficulty level may match Blade, as it looks like a table that will need some practice to really excel at.

Of course these are all just pretty much guesses but just some thoughts I had. I really can't wait to play these tables. I with the guy above "Marilyn Manson style soundtrack!", that really does sound awesome woth Ghost rider.

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    Actually, the soundtrack for Ghost Rider is the instrumental for "The Beautiful People", a Marilyn Manson song.

On the topic of release. I've had my MSP stored for weeks now, just waiting for this release. I can't get enough of Zen's tables. Hopefully I'll get my fill of these 4 before Epic Quest comes out. I know I'm going to be spending loads of time on that one. As for favorite of the four pack, pre-release guess: Moon Knight. We'll see after I play them all though.
    Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?
    I hope this is the case. I had that tune in my head pretty much anyway or thought it would be something similar as it would fit absolutely perfectly. Im not a Manson fan at all but that guitar riff will always be epic.

Default Marvel Pinball V&V Launch Video

Here is a very nice launch video for Marvel Pinball V&V. It shows all four tables... not so much game play but a nice overview of the characters and the V&V theme.

Here is a very nice launch video for Marvel Pinball V&V. It shows all four tables... not so much game play but a nice overview of the characters and the V&V theme.
    Thnx Cloda... good ovedrview of the theme, I can't wait to see the whole Moon KNight table, still no good single view of the whole table.

Simpley Epic! Love the Trailer gives you a great feel of the packs Theme. Just 24 Hours left to wait

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Oh, one more day.. I was already searching for it. The new dash/interface is a disaster in my opinion. Both the Marketplace and your own game collection are weirdly bundled up and it doesn't give enough sort options and categories like before. For example, why is there no trial game/full game views anymore? Well at least it's faster than before..

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by OzV1 View Post
    I hope this is the case. I had that tune in my head pretty much anyway or thought it would be something similar as it would fit absolutely perfectly. Im not a Manson fan at all but that guitar riff will always be epic.
    I'm going to bet everything that I have that douche bag M.Manson did NOT give permission to use Beautiful People on GR. If anything it just sounds similiar to Manson's song. Manson is sooooo washed up that it's hilarious. No one wants his lame tunes on any tables.

Edit: Actually this would be really cool because that means other license music could come in the future!!!!!!( SOUL TRAIN)
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 12-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Marvel V&V achievements are now listed on TrueAchievements.com here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/game.aspx?gameid=3191

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see 'em. Lookin' good!

Thumbs up

God these tables are sooooo good. I couldn't wait til tomorrow so I got them tonight for PS3 too. They blow the old Marvel tables away by far in every category.

Where did you hear this?
    Sorry for the late response, been sick and not on the pc much. Did you not watch the trailer? Or have you just never heard the song? The song in the trailer is the guitar riff from The Beautiful People. If it's not, it sure is very similar. And I'm seriously not trying to sound douchy, although I'm sure I do, I'm legitimately asking. As I said I'm sick, gimme a break.

Exclamation

Very familiar with the song, did not notice it in the preview though. The riff DOES go along realllllly well with the table. So far, GR is my lowest scoring table. X-Men was my highest. I did good on Thor too. I'm really impressed with Thor, it's a lot better than the movie!!!. I love all of the new tables they are so great.
    GR is apparently the low scoring table this time. But that's about the only way it resembles Iron Man.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 12-14-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    Oh, one more day.. I was already searching for it. The new dash/interface is a disaster in my opinion. Both the Marketplace and your own game collection are weirdly bundled up and it doesn't give enough sort options and categories like before. For example, why is there no trial game/full game views anymore? Well at least it's faster than before..
    I'm usually not a nit picker, but I frigging hate it too. Just trying to start skyrim, which was in the tray was hard to do. I couldn't tell what was highlighted on the screen or even how to move around without changing pages.
    Sheesh

I hate the new Dashboard too, it seems that it's trying to shoe horn you to buying a Kinect to navigate it
    Also i agree that its some times difficult to see what is highlighted and even on a 37 inch screen some of the text is tiny and difficult to see.
    Last edited by satch; 12-14-2011 at 07:10 AM.

But on a happier note its WEDNESDAY 14 DEC morning just about to trundle off to work and I'm going to be checking the time every few minutes waiting for home time and getting to Download the V&V pack, Only problem is i think i will be working all weekend, Good for the extra cash but not going to have much play time on the new tables.

Very keen to pick these up. Cant wait!

How about a new forum banner to celebrate the launche of V&V ???

My day one impressions: Ghost Rider is my favourite so far

Initial impression: WOW!

I've played each table once. They all look and play great. They are really unique too. None of them feel like rehashes of previous tables or anything like that. I'd post more in-depth but I'm going to go play some more.

Quickly tried each table during lunchbreak ....

In order of fun factor :

X men
    Thor
    Moon knight
    Ghost rider

This is based on a 10 minute game of each table, that was enough to have fun, get some basics and finish a couple of mission on thor and xmen, moon knight seems to be more cryptic, ghost rider left me unimpressed, i didn't quite grasped the overall rules of the table, so i guess it will be the table with the hardest learning curve ...

You guys are so gonna enjoy these new tables !

My first impressions aren't too positive, sadly. My worst fears are somewhat confirmed, all 4 tables seem to be over-busy and over-long.

X-men being the worst, such an ugly looking table with that combination of colors, and so busy that upper-right flipper is almost impossible to see. Ghost rider looks better but is again hard to look at cos of the crowded table and those epilepsy-inducing flashing lights (WTF zen, i thought you had learnt something from the over-flashy Wolverine table).

On the other hand, Moon Knight looks more reasonable and classy, and Thor looks truly terrific, probably the best artistic design of all zen tables.

I don't know, i hope i can get used to them. At least Epic Quest is coming soon, that is the one i'm looking forward to now after seeing that new video in youtube, IMHO it has all the tickets to be the best Pinball FX table, hands down.

Cant wait to play the new tables tonight.

Any sense yet of whether there are any tables in the Rome / Blade / Iron Man level of difficulty?

They are all brilliant on first play. X-Men is my favourite so far. Looking forward to having a proper play when I finish work. Good stuff, Zen.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS (10-15minutes on each table)

Love Thor and X-men.

Really not feeling Ghost-rider at this early stage.

Moon night am unsure about. It seems like it is going to be fun but the table feels quite cramped; like it was a design struggle to fit everything on.

Great pack overall and keep in mind this is a super early impression.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS (10-15minutes on each table)
    Exact same feeling here

Very familiar with the song, did not notice it in the preview though. The riff DOES go along realllllly well with the table. So far, GR is my lowest scoring table. X-Men was my highest. I did good on Thor too. I'm really impressed with Thor, it's a lot better than the movie!!!. I love all of the new tables they are so great.
    GR is apparently the low scoring table this time. But that's about the only way it resembles Iron Man.
    The Destructoid preview linked earlier say "A special mention should also go out to the Marilyn Manson-inspired music track which completes the experience perfectly" so my guess is that it's a cover and/or tweaked enough to avoid having to pay max royalties.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast