Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zens surprise - Epic Quest

Default Zens surprise - Epic Quest

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but have Zen announced Epic Quest the new table for ps3 and 360 . A role playing game wrapped into the traditional pinball gameplay
    , as per this months game informer. Discuss :-)

Interesting - is this an existing RPG they are having an official tie in with or a completely unique table crafted from the great minds at Zen.

It says you are a knight out to kill monsters, score loot and rescue princesses. You'll fight monsters with shields, swords axes and spells. There is xp 3 categories of loot and levelling up your rank. Apparently launching mid november. Has cracker posted an official announcement on here yet? I dont do twitter and rarely facebook.

Thumbs down

Another Excalibur type table? Really Zen??
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Zen's real surprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddLZwrqMaVE

Heyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by MOKTango View Post
    It says you are a knight out to kill monsters, score loot and rescue princesses. You'll fight monsters with shields, swords axes and spells. There is xp 3 categories of loot and levelling up your rank. Apparently launching mid november. Has cracker posted an official announcement on here yet? I dont do twitter and rarely facebook.
    Sounds great!!! No official announcement yet as far as I know... just like with that other mysterious Marvel V&V table video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Sounds great!!! No official announcement yet as far as I know... just like with that other mysterious Marvel V&V table video.
    Yeah and Paranormal while we are at it

The reason for no formal post or announcement lies in the fact that this table may be delayed due to some technical issues. We're working fast and furious on it right now.

This sounds incredible!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Technical issues I hope its not something bad enough to warrant a delay

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

By the way.. I was thinking that although this is a very cool sounding table, it doesn't seem like it is the surprise that was being hinted at.

Hopefully no more knights/medieval stuff after this one. I mean, how many times can you make a cliche table Zen?

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Zen's real surprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddLZwrqMaVE

Heyyyyy.
    heyyy the FONZ table looks COOL

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Hopefully no more knights/medieval stuff after this one. I mean, how many times can you make a cliche table Zen?
    There's only one "medieval" table on all of PBFX2 for the 360. WTF are you talking about???

Hopefully they make many more "cliche" tables. Their tables are excellent, regardless of theme. If you don't like them, play something else or get into table design yourself.

lol,over reaction. But still,out of all the things that could be made, medieval again already? Uh,ok.

Come on guys no need to fight over Table themes

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    There's only one "medieval" table on all of PBFX2 for the 360. WTF are you talking about???

Hopefully they make many more "cliche" tables. Their tables are excellent, regardless of theme. If you don't like them, play something else or get into table design yourself.
    Actually, I think the masses would beg to differ on Extreme and Rocky & Bullwinkle.

lol,over reaction. But still,out of all the things that could be made, medieval again already? Uh,ok.
    Already? So a 3 year gap is too soon? One medieval table is too many for you too, and it is probably the best table of them all. I feel sorry for you, you can't seem to look past a theme for how good a table is.

Sorry that I don't feel the need to brown nose Zen on every decision that they make. And yes, I think it's ridiculous that they couldn't come up with a brand new theme.

Sorry that I don't feel the need to brown nose Zen on every decision that they make. And yes, I think it's ridiculous that they couldn't come up with a brand new theme.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i respect what you have to say.

But we have not seen what this table looks like or how it will play out. We have very little information to even begin expressing our opinions on the table.

Implying people "brown nose Zen" is completely absurd. I am pretty sure that every table they release has been solid. Not perfect, but perfect in their own way while improving their pinball structure model.

But getting upset over a theme? Come on, man. There are a few great tables that do share a similar theme with each other:

Nightmare Mansion - Sorcerer's Lair
    Speed Machine - V12

True. I'm not upset. Sorry I over reacted.

I'm open to new things, but I have two concerns:

1. Grinding has no place in pinball. Spider-man has already ruined the Superscore system by rewarding those who have the patience to grind the Jameson shot. Do we really need more of this? One of the best things about pinball is the unknown - each game carries the promise of huge rewards, but you have to fight for them every time you step up. Having scoring elements carry over kills that gambling element.

2. We were told that there would be more realistic tables in the future, but there hasn't been any tables like that announced. I think Sorcerer's Lair is a huge step in the right direction. The scoring is balanced (ramp combos finally mean something!), the modes are easy to get into though challenging to complete, and the sounds and mechanical feedback approach that of a good Williams machine. I would like to see those sensibilities and level of quality in a realistic table. I know "realism" imposes constraints, but constraint often generates creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    But we have not seen what this table looks like or how it will play out. We have very little information to even begin expressing our opinions on the table.
    Yeah! It's kind of hard to judge a table by only its title. For all we know, this may be an sci-fi themed RPG.

Fortunately, you are in no way, shape, or form obligated to purchase the table.

I guess I don't understand the "medieval again already?" comment. Excalibur is a table from the original Pinball FX suite. It's one of the oldest tables available, so it's been quite some time before the theme has been visited. Meanwhile, we have a plethora of Marvel themed tables, but that doesn't seem to irk you any.

This would mark the second "medieval" table. We're hardly approaching critical mass here. Enjoy the table when it comes out.

Actually, I think the masses would beg to differ on Extreme and Rocky & Bullwinkle.
    I think you're wrong. Neither Extreme nor Rocky & Bullwinkle are medieval in any way, shape, or form, other than the manner in which they torture you.

No, I was saying not many people like those tables. I wasn't saying they were medieval.

King Arthur was reputedly born in the 5th century where as the medieval era was 1000-1500 AD.

Thats makes Excalibur an Anglo-Saxon era themed table

Quote Originally Posted by jibblypop View Post
    By the way.. I was thinking that although this is a very cool sounding table, it doesn't seem like it is the surprise that was being hinted at.
    Looks like I was right! The surprise was Paranormal table for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    King Arthur was reputedly born in the 5th century where as the medieval era was 1000-1500 AD.

Nice one!

That time around the fall of the Roman empire is known as the dark ages. A period of time stretching from the fall of Rome to the Renaissance in the 15th century. I'd class Excalibur as a Dark Ages table. Not a lot of human progress made in those 1000 years. Dark Ages: Cool name and theme for a pinball table.

The Dark Age is also 2007-2012 for France. But hopefully the light will be back soon.

Darn no one has taken any pictures of the Table from the mag?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Interesting... looks kiddie themed like the Fable series and seems ramp and orbit heavy. I don't mind any of that as long as the table has a nice mission and scoring structure that is built around the standard RPG elements of fighting lots of enemies of various ability levels, loot and weapon/equipment/potions collecting/selling and levelling up your character. In the end I'm sure it will be a great table... because even Zen's weaker efforts since Zen pinball came out, offers many hours of enjoyment.
    Last edited by Cloda; 10-21-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: corrected info

I see a third flipper, it looks like its upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    I see a third flipper, it looks like its upside down.
    Hopefully we can get some decent images soon... even if it is not released in November as Cracker said on facebook. They released images of Ghost Rider months ago and that just created interest and lots of anticipation.

Here is a link to a post on Pinside's forum with the info on Epic Quest from gameinformer. It sounds even more interesting than I first thought! Sounds like Spiderman Junkies are going to have a blast with the levelling up carrying over from one game to the next - is this the next trillion point table? At least is has an upper limit of level 100 - wonder who is going to get there first and if there will be a way to know it - achievement possibly?

If you have an imageshack account here is the table image as it appears in Gameinformer.
    Last edited by Cloda; 10-21-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added Image

Here is a link to a post on Pinside's forum with the info on Epic Quest from gameinformer. It sounds even more interesting than I first thought! Sounds like Spiderman Junkies are going to have a blast with the levelling up carrying over from one game to the next - is this the next trillion point table? At least is has an upper limit of level 100 - wonder who is going to get there first and if there will be a way to know it - achievement possibly?
    I like this a lot...The idea of mixing pinball and gdr is cool and could work very well. Something like that already happens in Blade, after all( you get the money and use them to buy what you prefer...). The carried over games level may be something a lot of people won't like, i guess, but consider this: we have a lot of "classic" tables ( and more are coming) so an experiment of something new is really appreciated, by my side. Thumbs up! Just a little thing..I'd have preferred a more "serious" style, something like DnD, or Torchlight....

Im not sure exactly why but I really really like the look of that Epic Quest table.

It looks Germanic and quite old fashioned - sort of reminds me of a 1970's board game. Im not quite sure why thats so appealling!

Only thing I would say though is that pretty much all the tables look good nowadays - its only when you get to play them that you find out if they are to your taste or not.

Looks nice and im interested about this rpg elements which have been added, but funny enough I don't like the rpg genre of games.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I was hoping for something more dark and mature for a change.. but wth, Im already loving it!

The idea of leveling over multiple games seems very nice! As long as there is a level cap, so in the end everyone will have the same conditions
    I with Zuprichy.. there are a alot of classic tables and its only right if Zen tries to experiment a little.. if the news where "every future table will feature exp-grinding and level ups" I would complain about it, but this way im realy looking forward to the table! And I trust Zen enough to believe they know what they´re doing and would never sacrifice the heart and soul of pinball for some silly ideas..
    I´ve seen some of such atempts back in the days when computer-pinball was very big.. people thinking "hey, we make a computer-pinball-game.. lets ditch the restrictions of physical tables", and those games were always boring as hell xD

Hey guys, still waiting on some info regarding our release timing before spilling all the info on Epic Quest. All I can say is that this table has been a ton of work, and a LONG time in the making.

We are really, really excited to get this out.

As a veteran RPG player the theme is very appealing to me. As "grinding" levels, improving your equipment and advancing in level are some of the RPG elements, it would be really cool to transport this feeling onto a pinball game.

I agree that grinding tables and carrying over your accomplishments should be exceptions, but I'm totally okay with it, when it seems to fit so naturally into a theme, as here.

looks interesting this table, i keep looking at the top/back of this table i wonder if it extends in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
    As a veteran RPG player the theme is very appealing to me. As "grinding" levels, improving your equipment and advancing in level are some of the RPG elements, it would be really cool to transport this feeling onto a pinball game.
    Agreed. Kudos to Zen for changing things up a little, giving us something new.

As for the effect on on SuperScore, well that system is fundamentally broken. It probably looked good on paper, but scores can't be and shouldn't be compared across tables. Hopefully Zen will ditch SuperScore and WizardScore completely with Pinball FX 2.5 (and presumably Zen Pinball 2).

I hope Epic Quest is considerably harder most recent tables. We need a table with longevity; something that rewards a progression of skills and table knowledge.

I LOVE the art style used on this table judging from that picture!

It reminds me of the kind of hand drawn awesome cartoons used on the old Williams tables.

I can't wait to get news of a release date!

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post

I hope Epic Quest is considerably harder most recent tables. We need a table with longevity; something that rewards a progression of skills and table knowledge.
    I agree absolutely. By the sounds of it Paranormal will be another easy table but because its back catalogue (and free) Ill let that slide!

BUT if we dont see a table soon that acknowledges the skills of the established and loyal player base I for one will be very disappointed at the direction this game is going in.

I agree absolutely. By the sounds of it Paranormal will be another easy table but because its back catalogue (and free) Ill let that slide!

BUT if we dont see a table soon that acknowledges the skills of the established and loyal player base I for one will be very disappointed at the direction this game is going in.
    Yeah, you can get like 5 extra balls per ball in Paranormal,lol. I'm sure a few hard tables will be shoved into the Marvel four pack.

Zen have a lot of ideas to shove into such a minimalistic looking table there. Gonna be very interesting to see how it works.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 10-24-2011 at 12:40 AM.

As far as table difficulty goes, keep in mind that those clamoring for tougher tables represents a small minority. A distribution analysis of leaderboard scores would reveal this right quick.

I'd rather there be changes to the ball physics to make the ball less predictable and tougher to handle than we get more convoluted tables like Pasha or Rome. (Still like them, just saying that they can be feel a bit like work at times.)

Default Before or after

Zen, please let us know if Epic Quest will come out before or after the Marvel V&V. With Skyrim coming out tomorrow I'm definitely feel the need to play a pinball table with RPG elements

Zen, please let us know if Epic Quest will come out before or after the Marvel V&V. With Skyrim coming out tomorrow I'm definitely feel the need to play a pinball table with RPG elements
    Not sure about the 360 version, but the table's trophies are already listed on Sony's trophy server. That means the game will be launching really soon for the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Not sure about the 360 version, but the table's trophies are already listed on Sony's trophy server. That means the game will be launching really soon for the PS3.
    Awesome... just what I wanted to hear Now if Zen could only let us know when exactly

First, I'm glad to get anothr sword/scorcery table, but then I'm a ridiculous nerd who came here in the first place for Marvel tables and stayed for the Excalibur. Of course I love the sci-fi themed tables a ton, which there are two direct sci-fi tables, only the one S & S. That said, ALL the themes so far are unique enough to not be considered another, well, anything.
    [I understand the peeps out there who would be happy to never see another sword or spell cast ever, ever again... I feel ya]

Second, a shout out to Extreme as being an underrated table. When I need something different I still go for Extreme (irrelevant, sry)

Finally, looking at this bad boy, I am terrified of those Outlanes.... they are deep and exposed in the same way Rock & Bull's are.

Anyone else see that, or fear that, or care to reassure me not to be afraid?

Zen are usually pretty easy with the outlanes. There'll probably be a number of ways to get kickbacks, either from rollovers or random rewards.

Awesome... just what I wanted to hear Now if Zen could only let us know when exactly
    I would say before the end of the month.

I would say so too. To keep us tided over 'til the Marvel tables come out.

Im very eagerly awaiting this table. It almost feels like they made it specifically for me. I can see this being my go to table for awhile. Im getting tired of grinding villian levels in spiderman, although some sort of psychotic drive keeps me at it

I too am extremely excited about this table. Can't wait for this one to come out. I'm hoping since the trophies are viewable in the PSN version that it will be coming out soon. I haven't seen any extra achievements in the 360 version, that's the one i'm waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Hey guys, still waiting on some info regarding our release timing before spilling all the info on Epic Quest. All I can say is that this table has been a ton of work, and a LONG time in the making.

We are really, really excited to get this out.
    I dont want to be a debbie downer, but PLEASE make sure there are no paranormal-esque ball stuck freezing bugs.
    I swear I almost shed tears.

Thumbs up

Here, here.
    After a trilogy of easier tables, I'm dying to know if this one is gonna be harder.

Cool Epic?!

Will the Table be Epic, I know lol I couldn't resist any more.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Any chance we can get a release date on this bad boy? Even a trailer or a projected price (price for both this and V&V would be nice). I'm a huge fan of all of your tables Zen, just want to know how many MSP I have to save for these new tables, points are burning a hole in my account and i don't know when I'l be able to get more lol.

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    Any chance we can get a release date on this bad boy? Even a trailer or a projected price (price for both this and V&V would be nice). I'm a huge fan of all of your tables Zen, just want to know how many MSP I have to save for these new tables, points are burning a hole in my account and i don't know when I'l be able to get more lol.
    They talk about release above... but the four pack will likely be the same price as the other four packs (800) and Epic here will likely be the same price as the other singles (240).

Wonder when Zen will release Media for this Table?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Still no news, Mel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Still no news, Mel ?
    Maybe next week? I think Mel is on his flight back from Budapest at the moment.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Default PS3 Achievements

Thanks to Steviej we can have a look at the PS3 Achievements for Epic Quest:

Good Knight, Sweet Princess
    Defeat three monsters and then hit the Princess locker wheel 2 times to start the Princess multiball and gain this Trophy.

Dragon Rider
    Travel through three areas: the Haunted Mill, the Forest and the Dungeon to encounter no less than 12 monsters! Defeat them all and shoot the Loot hole to begin the fight against the giant Random Dragon. This trophy is for those who can defeat the mighty beast.

Epic Set
    Loot as many items as you can to eventually find some Epic stuff with better stats. The whole set consists an epic weapon, shield, armour and helmet. You can keep those items after the game is over, so loosing a game does not mean that you have to start to collect the set from the beginning!

Master of Elements
    Collect the four elemental scrolls in the Orcanium.
    You gain scrolls there during Skillshots.

Looks like the "Epic Set" trophy is going to be the one that can potentially bring you back to the table for quite a while. I really, really hope so... tired of the last few long game, repetitive, no challenge tables

So much looking forward to this table!!! Come on Mel, please put us out of our misery and give us some images and a release date... better yet, just release the table already

EDIT: I see you will also encounter giant Random Dragons... I must assume that Zen copied this concept from Skyrim rather than other way around Maybe the "technical issue" that needs to be sorted is that adjustments need to be made to the table so that it can be renamed Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Last edited by Cloda; 11-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Just looking at those makes me feel how Epic the Table will be to go on a Quest.... lol

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Seeing as Zen is expecting the community to fend for themselves with regards to figuring stuff out with at most subtle hints and taunts being thrown at us I guess I have the honour to convey the awesome news that Epic Quest is being delayed to the end of January 2012 at the soonest. Lets hope they bring Marvel V&V out earlier to make up for this big gap between tables that have now been created with the shockingly spammable and highly glitched Paranormal and Epic quest being delayed... we can always hope that the bugs patch come out soon and then we will at least be able to play the tables such as Fantastic 4 in the interiml

Seeing as Zen is expecting the community to fend for themselves with regards to figuring stuff out with at most subtle hints and taunts being thrown at us I guess I have the honour to convey the awesome news that Epic Quest is being delayed to the end of January 2012 at the soonest.\
    Is this official news? If so from what source? Been seeing a LOT of speculation surrounding this table. Would like to actually know for sure for once.

Is this official news? If so from what source? Been seeing a LOT of speculation surrounding this table. Would like to actually know for sure for once.
    As posted by Zen on facebook about 2 hours ago.

Thanks Cloda.

Disappointment.......Big disappointment.......Again........

Urgh...Well, better a table delayed than a table bugged so that, even if you have it, you can't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuprichy View Post
    Urgh...Well, better a table delayed than a table bugged so that, even if you have it, you can't play it.
    And this is exactly why it's been delayed. I've been following these forums for quite a while before I even created an account. I'm a huge fan of pinball and I come here for news on Pinball FX 2. I've noticed a bit of a trend that's wide spread throughout this forum. People whine and complain way too much about glitches. Yeah I understand if glitches aren't addressed for months at a time, but come on. Now you want tables to be released completely glitch free?

Have you people never bought a game on launch? I don't think there was one that I've played that has been completely glitch free. Halo, Fable, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto etc., etc. Most of the major release titles have all had glitches on launch. Some minor and some so bad it makes the game barely playable at times.

I also play World of Warcraft and, you wanna talk about glitches on a patch or expansion launch? The game's barely playable the first few days of a patch/expansion. And that's a game with a MASSIVE following. This is pinball. A minority in gaming genres. Be grateful they keep releasing new content and stop complaining about glitches even before a table's release.

We complain because :

1) ZEN does not fix the bugs (PARANORMAL is reported for a year, FF since its release )

2) They announced things they doesn't rescpecte (Release dates....Oh, and while I think I still have not received my psn points for the Spidey tournament !!!)

They'd better not promise anything

I also play World of Warcraft and, you wanna talk about glitches on a patch or expansion launch? The game's barely playable the first few days of a patch/expansion. And that's a game with a MASSIVE following. This is pinball. A minority in gaming genres. Be grateful they keep releasing new content and stop complaining about glitches even before a table's release.
    And?

The people who visit and post regularly on this forum are passionate about this game. That they're in a relatively small community doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

What you need to realize is that Zen makes pinball tables. They don't make first-person shooters, massively multiplayer RPGs, or third-person action games. True, this limits their audience in the sense that they'll probably never have the customer base of World of Warcraft or Grand Theft Auto, but it doesn't mean that they get a free pass to make buggy products.

It's not surprising that people are worried about getting buggy tables in the future. Zen obviously wants to make money and make it sooner rather than later, so they're going to want to be aggressive with their release schedule. If that results in releasing tables before they've gotten enough testing, it could damage the brand and drive people away. For me, that means that I want Zen to delay releases as long as they need to if bugs can be avoided.

This, in addition to how much I love Zen's tables, also means that when I lose hundreds of millions (and some have lost billions) of points to a bug, I'm probably not going to shrug it off and will instead complain here about it.

Neither complaining about current bugs nor expressing concern about potential future ones is unreasonable.

In a way, I'm glad Zen are delaying Epic Quest. If it means putting more time in to the game, making it more fun, fixing possible issues, then they can take all the time they like.

Besides, there's no dearth of tables right now, and there's another 4 on the way.

Also, there has been no guarantee as to when we'll see Epic Quest for PFX2. It may well be that it lags the PS3 version by 6 months or more, ala MARS and Paranormal.

Could be that it will require the PFX 2.5 update...

Quote Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
    And?

The people who visit and post regularly on this forum are passionate about this game. That they're in a relatively small community doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

What you need to realize is that Zen makes pinball tables. They don't make first-person shooters, massively multiplayer RPGs, or third-person action games. True, this limits their audience in the sense that they'll probably never have the customer base of World of Warcraft or Grand Theft Auto, but it doesn't mean that they get a free pass to make buggy products.

It's not surprising that people are worried about getting buggy tables in the future. Zen obviously wants to make money and make it sooner rather than later, so they're going to want to be aggressive with their release schedule. If that results in releasing tables before they've gotten enough testing, it could damage the brand and drive people away. For me, that means that I want Zen to delay releases as long as they need to if bugs can be avoided.

This, in addition to how much I love Zen's tables, also means that when I lose hundreds of millions (and some have lost billions) of points to a bug, I'm probably not going to shrug it off and will instead complain here about it.

Neither complaining about current bugs nor expressing concern about potential future ones is unreasonable.
    I never said anything about a free pass. I said most games have bugs on release. Of the many, many tables Zen has put out, few have been too buggy to play.

I understand people are angry because the bugs DON'T get fixed, that's reasonable. But to expect them to release a table like Epic Quest, which in itself is a brand new idea for pinball in general (with the RPG elements), with absolutely no bugs is just silly.

As for bugs in FF and Paranormal and the like, I'm fairly confident all of those will be addressed with 2.5. Hot-fixing isn't always easy. Sometimes you have to wait for a bundle patch, which is what I'm assuming 2.5 will be. Upgrades to the UI and bug fixes.

I never said anything about a free pass. I said most games have bugs on release. Of the many, many tables Zen has put out, few have been too buggy to play.
    After this, I think I'm done with this exchange, but I have to say it: The game-killing bugs in Paranormal should have been easy to discover. We're not talking about bizarre, one-off occurrences here. The bug that killed two games for me is in the default magic box mission and it happens when the levitating ball is in a specific position where it can be hit, of which there are relatively few.

Yes, most games ship with bugs. Most of us are aware of that. This does not mean that bugs should ever be acceptable. The answer isn't to stop talking about them. The answer is to fix them. I could understand that early after FX2's release it was an expensive proposition but we're over a year out now. If Zen is making their release schedule more aggressive at the expense of table quality, that's not a good thing, especially if increased competition is around the corner.

I love Zen and what they do, but the glitches in paranormal needed to be called out. Its not good bussiness to have your customers spend hours on a game only to have it not count. I havent played it once since it happened to me and I still get a bitter taste in my mouth when I see the table on my table select screen.
    That said, I hope zen uses the extra time to polish this bad boy. I really am looking forward to this. It sounds very interesting

Turn left at the Big Chicken and go 15 miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thebigchicken.jpg

And this is exactly why it's been delayed. I've been following these forums for quite a while before I even created an account. I'm a huge fan of pinball and I come here for news on Pinball FX 2. I've noticed a bit of a trend that's wide spread throughout this forum. People whine and complain way too much about glitches. Yeah I understand if glitches aren't addressed for months at a time, but come on. Now you want tables to be released completely glitch free?

Have you people never bought a game on launch? I don't think there was one that I've played that has been completely glitch free. Halo, Fable, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto etc., etc. Most of the major release titles have all had glitches on launch. Some minor and some so bad it makes the game barely playable at times.

Papa don't preach, I'm in trouble deep
    Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
    But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my
    ZEN, oh
    I'm gonna keep my
    ZEN, mmm...

This delay seems odd as zen pinball updateded itself with the trophy set for the table. I was expecting it at the end of the month. Maybe the development team are taking on too much releasing the franchise on so many formats? Hope the V&V pack does'nt go the same.
    Last edited by Casio; 11-15-2011 at 11:10 AM.

KickBeaten Down

EDIT: I see you will also encounter giant Random Dragons... I must assume that Zen copied this concept from Skyrim rather than other way around Maybe the "technical issue" that needs to be sorted is that adjustments need to be made to the table so that it can be renamed Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Actually we copied it from Nethack.

I wanted wands of polymorph, too, but sadly I was overruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Actually we copied it from Nethack.

I wanted wands of polymorph, too, but sadly I was overruled.
    A Nethack table would be awesome. Next to pinball, rouge-likes are one of my favorite genres. Maybe instead of Nethack a table based on the relatively recent Dungeons of Dredmor.

Its sad that EpicQuest is being delayed but we need to remember will have 4 new Tables to play in December so not 2 bad

Maybe the Zen Pinball version is ok thats why the trophy list updated?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I see a lot of posts from bugs and glitches on zen's tables.

What about giving a very, very early access to few people, (Cloda, Blue etc.) so they can play the table as much as they want and report the possible bugs and glitches to Zen. Then Zen will fix them and they finally release the table to everyone.

Solution to bugs?
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

like Goblin says on Spideytable ," I do not like Buggs I am very disapointed from Zen, Hypno74 ,noKane & me ,have not got the Playstation'moneycard they prommissed us as the Price for the Spidey Tournament......
    Last edited by Dicepticon79; 11-15-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    like Goblin says on Spideytable ," I do not like Buggs I am very disapointed from Zen, Hypno74 ,noKane & me ,have not got the Playstation'moneycard they prommissed us.... the new Zentable ,announced for October,getting announced for 2012..... i hate l wrong promisses , Zen,be carefull, would like to buy Farsightpinball & deleate Zen from my PS3 ,even if Ballphysiks are bader then yours , it started with the poll, asking what we want , but bringing wath Marvel wants, better no asking and promissing things you are'nt able to do ....sorry for that post peoples but today my anger is just to big......
    r o f l ! I'm sorry man, totally sorry, I can tell (lol) you're really angry about something (a bug.. somewhere, I'm guessing) and don't mean to further infuriate you (sincerely)... but what in the world were you trying to say? Better yet, what does it have to do with a delayed $3 pinball table on the 360, or in any way have to do with Epic Quest?

hrm, the rest of us will wait patiently until Zen gets the table to work how they want it to.

ps. thank you for making me smile today

Come on guys lets not get to worked up, no need to get into a flame war with each other.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

sorry folks, & Dalek.... don't take everything to serious.... just wanted to let out some anger..and did it .on the wrong place..,sorry man & sorry Forumcroud....only thing disapointing me was grinding that table for fun & the Prices i was so happy to win them & now...not even a message from Zen why they have forgotten it... sorry again guys,was to ruff ,( anger makes stupid as you have seen..... )
    Last edited by Dicepticon79; 11-15-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    but what in the world were you trying to say? Better yet, what does it have to do with a delayed $3 pinball table on the 360, or in any way have to do with Epic Quest?
    It's all about "broken promises", which is something that Zen's been doing a lot lately. It may not be noticeable on the 360 side, but it's very noticeable on the PS3 side. Epic Quest is just the latest one.

Here are a few examples:

- There hasn't been a single new table released on the PS3 in 5 months now. It will be 6 months by the time this new Marvel pack finally releases. They have said for several months now, that there will be a new table (Epic Quest) for Zen Pinball this Fall. And have been updating us on it until recently. The trophy server has even been updated for it, but now we hear that there is another delay. However, Zen pretty much went silent and only recently said something on their FB page about it. They still haven't said anything on their forums about it. It was only thanks to Cloda on the 360 boards, that we (PS3 gamers) found out about it.

- Although there have been a couple of tournaments. Zen has neglected in handing out the prizes to the PS3 winners. They claim it's because of the messaging system, but there are many other ways that we should be able to contact Zen (email, PM, FB, Twitter, etc...), but yet they seem to never respond from what I'm understanding from the winners of those tournaments.

- The Marvel poll didn't help much either. Zen claimed that they would develop the next table by the number of votes on that poll. It was also stated that all four tables will be made. This was advertised everywhere, including the Official PlayStation Magazine. Captain America clearly won the poll, followed by Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four was dead last. Yet, we get Fantastic Four first. Captain America did release out, but with very little communication. It's taken eight months for Ghost Rider to be even be announced. And Incredible Hulk is still no where to be found.

The last one is a minor issue in my eyes, but many die hard Marvel Pinball fans are not happy with the results of this. I can't blame them really. It's sort of like Zen saying they are going to make and release out a Star Wars table, but they release out a My Little Pony table instead.

The really annoying thing is that Zen announces something and then they go silent, when it doesn't happen. I rather have them announce that the title has been delayed or say "there has been a change in plans," than just sweeping the matter under the rug and hope the fans have forgotten about it.

I personally don't have a problem with Zen. They are a typical business and they are no different than Microsoft and Sony. Both have stayed silent on some major issues and both have made broken promises as well. However, if I won a tournament and I didn't get my prize. I would be a little soar too. These small little issues just adds to the black cauldron of muck, that can literally be found in Sorcerer's Lair.

My word of advice to Zen, either be vocal or stay silent. Don't do both! You are just creating backlash with some of your fans. I'm not one of them and can wait patiently for the table(s), but there are a lot of fans that can't. When you say you're going to release something and then go silent, you are just making things more difficult for those who can't wait.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-15-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    sorry folks, & Dalek.... don't take everything to serious.... just wanted to let out some anger..and did it .on the wrong place..,sorry man & sorry Forumcroud....only thing disapointing me was grinding that table for fun & the Prices i was so happy to win them & now...not even a message from Zen why they have forgotten it... sorry again guys,was to ruff ,( anger makes stupid as you have seen..... )
    Excellent m8, Lets all remember one thing where all Pinheads and we want whats best for this genre. I will always support Zen because of my Love of Pinball...

People forget the PFX1 Days where we had to wait so long for New Tables. They also forget that Bucanneer the first piece of DLC fir PFX1 was a free download... Zen has earnt themselves the benefit of the doubt. Its a Double Sided Coin really; if Zen stayed quiet there would be complaints about no new table for November etc, if they told us and didnt deliveried even more backlash.
    Do remember Epic Quest was never really fully officially announced, a concrete date was never given and I for one just need to know one thing... That is the Table is still coming just not when we thought it would.

Do note this is just my 2 cents, I mean no disrespect to anybodies opinion and what not.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 11-15-2011 at 07:18 PM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Do remember Epic Quest was never really fully officially announced, a concrete date was never given and I for one just need to know one thing... That is the Table is still coming just not when we thought it would.
    That's true! However, Zen seemed pretty positive that this table was going to come out in the Fall. They stated that a new table will be coming out in the Fall for Zen Pinball on their PS3 forum on more than one occasion over the Summer. They pretty much were guaranteeing that it will happen. We may have not known the name of the table, but they said that one will be releasing out this Fall.

If you go to the PS3 forum. You'll see a few really ticked off people asking for an update on this claimed "Fall table release" and not getting one. Zen just went silent and a few of us (such as myself) that roam all of the boards finds out that a table called Epic Quest, that's coming out for both Xbox 360 and PS3 has been delayed to January. Yeah! That doesn't really help any.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-15-2011 at 08:53 PM.

A little official info would be nice on the forums rather than having to find titbits dotted around facebook and twitter. As for the new table on PS3, it was supposed to release way back in September. No title was given at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post
    I see a lot of posts from bugs and glitches on zen's tables.

What about giving a very, very early access to few people, (Cloda, Blue etc.) so they can play the table as much as they want and report the possible bugs and glitches to Zen. Then Zen will fix them and they finally release the table to everyone.

Solution to bugs?
    It's not a bad idea, but unfortunately I believe that the way Xbox games work they have to be properly digitally signed to play on a consumer Xbox. Pre-release testing has to be done on a development console. In theory, they could work with Microsoft and release beta versions, but that would be a significant investment of time and money (note how few such betas are released on consoles, even for big-budget games).

Again, it's a good thought but it's probably impossible to implement.

KickBeaten Down

No Epic Quest this year.

Publishing hiccups caused by excessive amounts of DLC on PFX2 have pushed back our release schedule a bit.

No Epic Quest this year.

Publishing hiccups caused by excessive amounts of DLC on PFX2 have pushed back our release schedule a bit.
    I guess Microsoft are not used to having teams working so efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post

What about giving a very, very early access to few people, (Cloda, Blue etc.) so they can play the table as much as they want and report the possible bugs and glitches to Zen.

I'm up for beta-testing.
    Last edited by Vincent; 11-15-2011 at 11:46 PM.

No Epic Quest this year.
    Is it likely that we'll see Epic Quest released along with Pinball FX 2.5?

Is this the same deal for Epic Quest on Zen Pinball?

Is it likely we'll see Epic Quest released along with Zen Pinball 2?

Sign me up for beta testing too. I'll do it for free and even buy the table!

I'm just thinking that Zen wants to make money. Why would they want
    to delay anything? Now if the same guy that runs activision is running
    Zen were all effd but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Not to mention we got a couple free tables.... Why be mad at Zen?

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    A little official info would be nice on the forums rather than having to find titbits dotted around facebook and twitter.
    This. I really don't get it, why keep us in the dark trying to figure things out for ourselves? Just tell us news already!

Sad to hear Epic Quest isn't gonna make it this year, is the V&V pack still up for this year or did the trouble push that back too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast