Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX 2 Paranormal Table

The good news: the table does indeed have the new audio effects.

The bad news: I got the 30g cheevo within 2 mins, on my first game, while deliberately trying to not hit anything.

If I beat the wizard mode by accident, I swear, I am going to hulk rage. ;-)

Anyway, I love the music on this table, and love the theme. (Kolchak the Night Stalker, FTW!)

THANK YOU ZEN. LOVE YOU LONG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    The good news: the table does indeed have the new audio effects.

The bad news: I got the 30g cheevo within 2 mins, on my first game, while deliberately trying to not hit anything.
    Yeah, I also got all achievements in my first game ever. The 30G cheevo was the easiest and the 5G one was the hardest.

The table looks and sounds amazing! An excellent table again! Thanks ZEN!!!
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post
    Yeah, I also got all achievements in my first game ever. The 30G cheevo was the easiest and the 5G one was the hardest.

The table looks and sounds amazing! An excellent table again! Thanks ZEN!!!
    It is Paranormal!

Heh, yup. I got the 30G, then the 15G (again while not going for any shots), but still haven't gotten the 5G.

Fun table. Love the close encounters alien abduction tune!

There is no wizard mode.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    There is no wizard mode.
    I thought there was no Wizard mode but ShoryukentotheChin explained to me that the table has some sort of Wizard mode... when you complete all 4 Cube Multi-Balls the cube spins and you have to shoot the ball into it to stop it and lock another ball in. Then you have a 2 minute Wizard mode. I have not done it yet so can't really say how it works!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I thought there was no Wizard mode but ShoryukentotheChin explained to me that the table has some sort of Wizard mode... when you complete all 4 Cube Multi-Balls the cube spins and you have to shoot the ball into it to stop it and lock another ball in. Then you have a 2 minute Wizard mode. I have not done it yet so can't really say how it works!
    The wizard mode starts upon completion of all the 4 multiball modes, I think you need to earn at least one jackpot while in the 4 multiball modes and I think when you earn a jackpot there is a certain audio ping that is heard not sure.

Upon this Wizard Cube is activated, its then begins a 120 second countdown, you need to get the ball up to the cube, youll notice the cube is spinning. You then are instructed to press the launch button to stop the spinning.

Once you do that you will need to get the ball in one of the holes to gain a jackpot. If you miss the cube starts spinning again and you have to repeat the process of the getting in the cube.

If you get the jackpot you then you can get back into the cube to go from another jackpot.

I didnt see many points occuring in this mode, but that could be me. This is more like a hurry up mode then a wizard mode for me.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I'm placed 3rd on the Paranormal leaderboard (for now)!

Damn you Cloda!!!

And yes, there IS a wizard mode (they even say Wizard Mode!) as discribed by shoryuken, but I didn't manage to get many points, my guess is you must stop the cube at the flashing lights side.
    Last edited by LukkyNL; 10-26-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Damned 5 point achivement is fast becoming an obsession for me on this table... nailed the other two on my second play of the table but that one defies me despite too many attempts than im willing to admit in public haha.

Good table, a bit barmy in learning what all is going on with it when compared to the recent tables like SL and MSM where you learn an entire tables ins and outs in less than half an hour.

Wow, I have to say this is the most interesting table so far! It realy lives up to its name and plays and feels completely different from any other table.

Even the achievements are working the other way around xD I also got 30G and two seconds later 15G in my first game while still missing the 5G ^^

Great work, Zen! And as promised, I am trying to get two German gaming-sites to bring news about this free table.. so far I got no answer, but I hope they´ll take care of this ^^

This is the table that sort of made me stop playing Zen Pinball on the PS3. Between already having FX2 on the 360 and just the style of the table, the ball felt even more "dead" (appropriate for the setting?) than usual. Having played a game now in FX2, I'm much happier with Paranormal. Playing it with the improved physics engine makes all the difference.

Thanks again for the gift, Zen! And hurry up with more tables!

Quote Originally Posted by Sildorian View Post
    Even the achievements are working the other way around xD I also got 30G and two seconds later 15G in my first game while still missing the 5G ^^
    It was the same for the PS3 version. I got the silver trophy (start up multiball) during the first game and collected two bronze trophies (start up Dizzy Hurry-up and hit the Jersey Devil) in my second game. However, that last bronze trophy (clean out the haunted house) took me awhile to achieve.

Note: The PS3 version has four trophies (achievements).

Damn, reading all the discussions about Paranormal here makes me want to play it instantly even more... but that's not possible. I haven't even really touched Sorcerer's Lair... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sildorian
    Great work, Zen! And as promised, I am trying to get two German gaming-sites to bring news about this free table.. so far I got no answer, but I hope they´ll take care of this ^^
    Waiting for a reply as well, just PMed someone a few minutes ago. It would be awesome if they did the video!

Certainly the Table isnt really highscoring at a fast rate, but with all the ways to aquire Extra Balls etc its really a matter of endurance to reg' highscores. I manged to get about 571 Million last night which took me quite a bit of time, whereas on Sorcerers Lair I could get a Billion in less time.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

The 360 version is better. The sound & the way it plays. The PS3 version, the ball seems less controllable, faster, & harder to control. Also, the PS3 controller is a bit more finicky. I have played Paranormal, off/on on the PS3 since March.. My top score was 11M. My 2nd game on the 360 I score 19M. I have become a better Zen player since then too.. Could be that too..

I like the theme of the table. Its a throw back to me watching all the great shows like Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World. I love how there is the film reel that has Patty(bigfoot) from the Patterson footage. good stuff

A lot here for me to like.

Thanks for the table Zen. I look forward to playing it over and over again.

Yeh the Xbox 360 Triggers also make a difference.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

For God sake that mutant video mode is an awful mini-game. Dunno when to turn or anything. Looks crap, too.

My ball has gotten stuck on my first two games already, can't even complete a game! it gets stuck behind a ramp and just sits there spinning, no return to plunger, no ability to tilt out. Very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
    My ball has gotten stuck on my first two games already, can't even complete a game! it gets stuck behind a ramp and just sits there spinning, no return to plunger, no ability to tilt out. Very frustrating
    I also had the glitch happening to me in my first two decent games... as I posted earlier in this thread, you can completely avoid it by only taking shots at the levitation multi-ball if it is in the middle or to the left of the screen... that is to say if that is where your problem occurred.

No, my problem has happened twice on the upper left part of the field, when you lose a ball in the vertical playfield, and it spits the ball back out onto your special upper left flipper. I shoot when it does this, and twice it just went wacky and got jammed in two seperate places. Haven't experienced any problems with levitation so far

edit: managed to tilt my 2nd one out with a super ninja combo of up up up right right right up!
    Last edited by wednesday; 10-26-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Red face

where does it jammed? i've never run into this accident before. my upper left flipper works perfectly well.

The flipper works fine, the problem was when the ball gets shot out of that cannon and I hit a reflex shot as the ball is coming towards the flipper. Obviously not every time but has already happened twice. It sent the ball up, (not forward, up, vertically), and just richochets off stuff as it falls back to the playfield. It landed behind the far left ramp, where it spins but doesn't move...

I like the table otherwise, tons of features that I've barely scratched the surface on.

No, my problem has happened twice on the upper left part of the field, when you lose a ball in the vertical playfield, and it spits the ball back out onto your special upper left flipper. I shoot when it does this, and twice it just went wacky and got jammed...
    Had exactly the same problem. But after about 15secs it spat another ball into play, so it didn't affect my game... Except it did as I couldn't comprehend what just happened and my ball drained instantly. lol

Just incase anyone is having trouble downloading the new table... I spent about 5min searching. It's on the main screen under game addons. Couldn't d/l from within FX2 like i usually do... weird

Once again, thank u zen u make my day
    told it to evryone in my friendlist who isn´t addicted
    to pinball yet, hope we will get more pin balleros
    after such a great offer

18 playable balls and an easy ball save... this could be a very long table!

First of all thanks Zen for this freebie, enjoying it a lot!

During the first playthrough I wasn't really feeling this table but that quickly changed after I got used to the feel of it. There seems to be a bit more gravity here and it seems obvious this is an older table. Only played a few games sofar but it's great as always, would have gladly paid for it too

Only a slight 'complaint', the achievement order seems to be wrong lol. I never look at the achievement list before playing so when I got my first one I was like 'yay, here we go with 5g, or maybe 15g if I'm lucky' but it was 30g right there, man that was weird. Not much later the 15g unlocked. After that I spent 30min getting the 5g one haha, but it was satisfying to get it.

Bottom line: awesome, get it now

Quote Originally Posted by celtic_illusion View Post
    For God sake that mutant video mode is an awful mini-game. Dunno when to turn or anything. Looks crap, too.
    Haha yeah I 'played' it once, before I knew it it was over, I didn't even realise I had to do something already :P
    Last edited by Extrema22; 10-27-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Why would you give us 18 balls on this table? It just makes no sense this is going to take a ton of people many, many hours to complete a single game

I like the table. That for providing it for free Zen! It's a lot of fun, but I am having problems with one thing. I don't understand how to get the ball in the hole on the rotating cube. I can get the first default hole no problem but I don't know what to do on the other ones and how to use the magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic_illusion View Post
    C'mon celtic, it's no worse than any other DMD minigame. Just follow and watch the mutant. If it turns left, use LT (or LB) and if it turns right, use RT (RB).
    Why would you give us 18 balls on this table? It just makes no sense this is going to take a ton of people many, many hours to complete a single game
    Agree. I'm in the middle of my marathon. After I finish it, I don't know if I ever want to try again - already. I just hope it doesn't glitch out on me, like some others have said it can.

How do you get the 5pt achievement on this game?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post

I'm thinking Zen deliberately re-ordered the achievement difficulties, to fit the theme of the table.

The wizard mode does not pay points. I have finished several times ...
    On the PS3, the only way to make points, the haunted house.
    But it's very long and tiring (about 1 billion in 2 hours)
    I would love to try the 360 ​​version, from what I read, there would be some differences.

Quote Originally Posted by kingnate89 View Post
    I like the table. That for providing it for free Zen! It's a lot of fun, but I am having problems with one thing. I don't understand how to get the ball in the hole on the rotating cube. I can get the first default hole no problem but I don't know what to do on the other ones and how to use the magnets.
    Yeah, it would be great if someone could clear this up. It just had a game for like 90 minutes and wasn't able to activate the last three multiball-modes.
    There are some magnets on those ones and I guess I have to use the a-button at some point to activate a magnet so the ball gets stuck.
    But I'm not sure about when and what to do, if the ball got stuck on a magnet. I managed it one time by chance, but the magnet seemed to time out and dropped the ball. I have no idea how to get it into the holes.

Complete the haunted mansion!
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
    Yeah, it would be great if someone could clear this up. It just had a game for like 90 minutes and wasn't able to activate the last three multiball-modes.
    There are some magnets on those ones and I guess I have to use the a-button at some point to activate a magnet so the ball gets stuck.
    But I'm not sure about when and what to do, if the ball got stuck on a magnet. I managed it one time by chance, but the magnet seemed to time out and dropped the ball. I have no idea how to get it into the holes.
    It needs some tries to get used to it.. and I dont know if I can describe it good enough, but I´ll try: When there is one magnet, you can press any flipper-button to activate it, if there are two magnets, the left flipper activates the left magnet and so on. If you look close enough, you´ll see that there is a U-Shaped lane on the cube, on which the the ball can roll from left to right (and drain in the middle), so you have to make it roll towards the magnet and then turn the magnet off, so the ball passes it and rolls up to the hole.. if it didn´t have enough speed, it will come down the lane, pass the magnet and roll to the other side (ball will not drain, if its fast enough).
    What you want to do is to let the ball roll from left to right and back again and give it extra speed whenever it rolls towards the magnet, but you have to deactivate the magnet before the ball touches it, otherwise you will slow the ball down again. As soon as you get the hang of it, the ball will get enough speed to reach the holes on the cube.

The 4-Hole-Multiball doesnt have a magnet. Instead you have to use the left and right flippers to rotate the little lanes from \ to / to direct the ball to the holes.

Yeh the only I find the 2 magnet cube multiball lock is the hardest for me to do, I manage to get one in quick but the second one takes alot of goes.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Sildorian View Post
    ...but you have to deactivate the magnet before the ball touches it, otherwise you will slow the ball down again.
    very helpful info thx!

Okay, at least I got chillmo.com to post something about the free table.. even if its very small ^^ (upper right "Usermeldungen").. I was hoping for something more, but its a start. Have been posting the news in the shoutbox there too and some of the guys were very happy to hear about it

I hope that gets at least a few more new addicts

Edit:
    Yeah, they just made a bigger news about it:
    http://chillmo.com/paranormal-pinbal...#comment-59702
    The credit seems to go to some other guy, but wth ^^
    Last edited by Sildorian; 10-27-2011 at 03:46 PM.

That's great, Sildorian! Even a small article can make a huge effect. I've gotten an answer yesterday that there might be at least new videos of pinball games made in the future on the site (rawiioli.de), if it will be Pinball FX 2 or other games is not clear yet but getting the audience interested in pinball simulations will make some of them search for more and come across Pinball FX 2/Marvel Pinball/Zen Pinball in the end I would assume.

Well, finally got the hang of this table after a few plays. There are plenty of extra ball opportunities. Not sure if this is a blessing or curse, as I've already had a game well over an hour.

5pt Achievement (confirmed 10/27/2011)
    Initially I was stumped on this one. Even after hitting all the lit targets in the mansion, I still wasn't sure what to do. The only thing left flashing was the upper left arrow, which is the trail to the upper left flipper (outside of the mansion). I finally figured out that you have to use this flipper to get the ball on the roof. When I finally hit that shot, the achievement popped.

Be ready to hold the flippers up when playing in the mansion to help trap the ball, as you are actually playing on a vertical table "in the backglass".

The reward for hitting all the lit mansion targets (ghosts), and getting the ball to the "attic" is 20 million and it lights the extra ball shot at the upper right corner of the house (on the second floor).

I would assume like other Zen tables, that you might get more points each addtional time you complete the house/ghosts.

Wizard Mode
    As others have stated, you have to at least start all 4 of the Paranormal multi-ball modes on the cube (in no particual order). Once you are back down to 1 ball after finishing all 4 different modes, the 5th Paranormal stage (Wizard Mode) starts. You will need to get the ball back to the cube. When you do, the cube will be spinning from left to right. On one side of the cube, the hole(s) will be flashing. The timer stops at this point, so you can be patient before you hit the ball launch button "A" to stop the spinning cube. Wait for the flashing side to be to the left of the playfield and then hit the button. If you time it correctly, the side with the flashing holes will stop level with the playfield. Your goal then is to get the ball into the flashing hole(s).

I was able to get 2 or 3 jackpots during the wizard mode. I didn't pay close attention to how much they were worth or if the count-down timer reset after getting a jackpot.

Video Mode
    To activate the video mode shot, hit the 3 targets by the reverse lower left flipper. To start video mode, get the ball to the right outlane. Once video mode starts, just watch the top/head of the moving "monster". The top will lean left or right just before it turns that direction. Hit the appropriate flipper to follow it. Be careful to only hit the flipper 1 time for each junction, or at the next junction it may go the wrong direction.

If you activate the video mode multiple times before draining the ball, the final reward will increase - due to having to follow the monster longer to achieve the 5 million reward for capturing it. I didn't pay close attention to total points for each successive capture, but I think it might increase 1 million each time. Total points for the 1st capture is 9 million IIRC.

Rewards - Cube
    There are multiple rewards on the cube. To earn a reward get the ball to the cube and let it drain down an UN-LIT hole. You will be given a second chance to earn a bonus on the DMD. You can hit the left or right flipper multiple times to toggle the reward, but you only have a few seconds before the displayed reward is earned. With a bit of luck, you can light the extra ball. Here are some of the rewards that I've seen

100 points
    1000 points
    1 million points
    2 million points
    Light Extra Ball (shot on the current side of the cube)
    Advance Multiplier
    Hold Bonus Multiplier

Cube Magnets
    The key with the cube magnets is to use inertia to help get the ball where you need it to go. For example the side with 2 holes/magnets, you can drop the ball from the top left and activate the right magnet (with the right flipper). Next, release the right magnet and activate the left magnet. Release the left magnet just as the ball arrives to build up some momentum to get it up the incline. By rocking the ball between the 2 magnets, you will eventually get it going with enough momentum to roll up to the hole. If you get flustered, hold the ball with one of the magnets and start again.
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 10-27-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Sildorian, this info really helped me. Now I understand, what I have to do and was already able to activate other multiball modes. It still needs a lot of practice for me, but thankfully the feeling of utter cluelessnes is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
    Thanks Sildorian, this info really helped me. Now I understand, what I have to do and was already able to activate other multiball modes. It still needs a lot of practice for me, but thankfully the feeling of utter cluelessnes is gone.
    Thats nice to hear

Love the table! Thanks Zen!
    It's a hard and complex table at first, but now I got the hang of it it's a real joy to play.
    I did encounter a bug on Mission 5 wizards cube. I shot the ball towards the cube and the ball didnt stop. So I coulndt stop the spinning cube and as the ball was rolling down i pushed it down the spinning cube while it was slowing down. This wasnt a problem, because the ball just respawned. The problem was that after i shot it toward the cube with the upper left flipper the dmd said I needed to stop the cube, but this was already done. I tried just pressing a again, but nothing happened. Luckily I could just nudge the ball back in to play.

@indy: you can add light lock as a cube reward.

+ I finally got a ribbon/medal back! So Yeah, take that!

^ I encountered the wizard mode glitch too, I pushed "a" before the ball reached the cube and the game didn't register. Fortunately you're able to nudge it away without tilting.

This is definitly not one of my favorite tables. Not trying to be a debbie downer, I mean, they can't ALL be a favorite. The modes are too easy, the game is way too long. You can activate all 5 extra balls per ball on the levitation mission in a matter of seconds. Easy "Intuitive shots" make your ball nearly invincible, and when you do lose one you have a giant box of them to pull from. Wizard mode is hardly worth playing, I only received a couple million from my playthroughs. The bugs are definitly a nuisance, imagine if you are 4 or 5 hours in and you get a ball jammed behind a ramp. I can see myself keeping each ball alive for an hour with conservative play... I really don't WANT to play an 18 hour game.

Still a great buy (lol), and I have had fun playing, but I'm quickly tiring of this table already.

So, after spending a few hours with Paranormal, there is time for a few first impressions.

What I like about the table is the theme and that you've got plenty of options to defend the ball. The most balls that I loose can be directly linked to errors on my part. When I play strategically and avoid risky shots, I can put up some long games -long for my usual standard that is- which is quite fun.

On the other hand, I feel that actually most of the real scoring is rewarded for actions with a medium to high amount of randomness.
    The haunted house seems very random to me. I was in there around a hundred times ans aiming shots in there is to some amount random. I'm normally stopping balls, aim for the upper storey and so on. But frankly, I get the same results as when just swinging ahead. Balls shot from the same spot on left flipper can go to the second floor, to the right or even to the ufo. I don't have the feeling that I can really control them.

Next option for scoring would be multi-balls. But for the multiballs you've got to do the cube mini-game. After finally getting an explanation how to do it, I can practice it a bit more, but most of the time I fail, so not many multiballs for me. This is not a random thing, but bear with me for a sec.

The other better scoring opportunities for me are the Chupacabre or the multipliers. Both are also random based. You can't really control, if the bumping balls fall into the eye sockets of the Chupacabre or how long your ball stays between the bumpers for the multipliers.

As scoring from Chupacabre or Multiballs is skill based again, but getting there seems not. So my feeling is that some key elements on the table not really relate to your pinball skills, but how often you're lucky or how good you are at mini-games.
    At times this can be frustrating, cause you get the shots right, but if you're able to really score depends also on luck and mini-games. In the long term I prefer tables that are more rewarding for getting the shots right, so I guess when the initial excitement from playing a new table wears off, I might not play Paranormal as often, as other tables.

What am I missing
    I start the first cube mission
    the ball is floating
    How do I hit it

While I'm glad to see Zen doing a sweet promotion, and I told everyone on my friend list about it... Paranormal would definitely be at the bottom of my list of fun tables. I really wish the promotion had centered around the release of SL because that table has a much more classic pinball flow, and I find it to be a much more accessible table (both visually and mission-wise). Just being honest here. Paranormal is confusing to me, and I've spent roughly 1/3 of my game time in the past 2 years on pinball simulations. I can't imagine what it must seem like to someone trying this for the first time. Still I hope to see more people picking up on PFX2.

Personally I have no problem spending 250 points on a table that I might only play for a few hours because most of the tables I end up revisiting again and again... and even grow to appreciate. I mean, I do still play Extreme once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by darthzfx View Post
    What am I missing
    the ball is floating
    How do I hit it
    If you watch it floating around, you'll see that it dips and rises. You need to hit it while it's dipped toward the playfield. I usually get it in play about half the time, though I could improve that if I played more of a precision game like the more talented players.

Bring it on

What a sicko! well done, eagerly awaiting a trip report!

I won't give too much away.. but the mission and mode structure of this table is quite a bit different than most of Zen's tables but in one major aspect this table is very similar to Secrets of the Deep. When I first started playing I was shocked at what I found and believed that I must be missing something and I was quite negative about it thinking that it is another Ms. Splosion Man with even less to do! In certain aspects it is true, but there is more than enough variation to keep you busy and for the guys looking for an ultimate high score strategy (Here's looking at you Wednesday )... this table has one but you kind of have to think about it (remember SotD)... and its not the same one Hypno74 uses for Paranormal! In the end, this table is more fun than I anticipated, although you won't get a decent score unless you put in a crazy amount of time. Some guys are going to manage to put on some seriously crazy high scores (and here's looking at you blue ).

Oh... and if you really want to know what the hell I'm talking about with regards to the strategy pm me so that we don't spoil it for the rest!
    Before anybody accuses me of cheating

Quote Originally Posted by darthzfx View Post
    the ball is floating
    How do I hit it
    As Babbylonian says, you watch for the lowering of the ball to the surface of the playfield. Easiest way to do that is watch the ball's shadow; shoot when the shadow is closest to the ball.

IMO, this mode is just as much fun as it was in MARS. i.e. not very.

The video mode made me laugh. I think Zen are toying with us, seeing how far they can push us with their obscure, under-documented, super-dodgy video modes.

(I wonder if there's a dancing frog animation hidden in there?)

Before anybody accuses me of cheating
    Initially, I thought Hypno was using other strats but then he did say it took him 15 hours to amass 7 billion.

At ~30 million per perfect Mansion trip, yeah, that sounds about right. He is a machine.

I'm still giggling at the inversion of the cheevos. Cute trick, Zen.
    Last edited by Womble; 10-28-2011 at 12:07 AM.

BTW, could those peeps with guide/link info in their .sig, please reduce the text size? Helps separate unique post content from the sig.

e.g.

Check out my small text guide!

- This is small grey text,
    - So is this,
    - This is grey, too. Or, is it?
    - You get the idea.

Don't expect to get esy high scores on Paranormal like you can SL. Plan on playing the table for an hour or two to achieve any kind of decent score.
    This is not true. This table can be very high-scoring (check Cloda's score and you'll see what i mean...). For example with the Haunted Mansion minigame you can get 20 millions every time you clean the house, so that makes you score very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    check Cloda's score and you'll see what i mean.

Embarrassing to be posting that score. I mean.... watch the sun rise? Or set?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    This is not true. This table can be very high-scoring (check Cloda's score and you'll see what i mean...). For example with the Haunted Mansion minigame you can get 20 millions every time you clean the house, so that makes you score very fast.
    It took Cloda 16 hours to get his high score. Most people won't be able to do that.

It took Cloda 16 hours to get his high score. Most people won't be able to do that.
    No chance, unless he's on 3.2bn since I last checked because I managed nearly 100m in 30mins and I still don't have a handle on the table yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    No chance, unless he's on 3.2bn since I last checked because I managed nearly 100m in 30mins and I still don't have a handle on the table yet.
    I'm with you. I picked up more points than that on my lunch break today. Of course, then my ball got truly, completely, and permanently stuck for the second game in a row so I don't know if I'm going to play this table again until the fine people at Zen (seriously, no sarcasm; I'm still a fan) can implement some sort of fix. I have a feeling I could rack up billions on this table and I can't imagine the rage I'd feel if the game went wonky a billion or two into a game.

I like the PARANORMAL table but i do not like the magnet mini games to lock the balls i hardly ever play PASHA because of the magnet game, whats wrong with the balls simply locking in to place when you make the shot, example "Bride of Pin bot" but i guess this is to make up for the fact that on most of ZENS tables you can make ramp shots time after time easily from a trapped ball this just does not happen on a real table, also please cut down the number of extra balls, two possible extra balls from each main ball for a total of six possible extra balls per game is plenty. i like the theme of PARANORMAL but struggling to start multi ball due to the magnets will spoil it for me, i much prefer SL a more straight forward table. Well thats my bit of a rant but hey i have just got out of bed to go to work .
    PS I do still love Zen's tables

Default 5pt Achievement

I am having difficulty in getting the 5pt Achievement .

Tried this so many times now but no-go.

Cannot get all flashing targets for some reason.

(Hoping it's not old age 60 LOL)

Any help or tips appreciated.

Cheers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    I like the PARANORMAL table but i do not like the magnet mini games to lock the balls i hardly ever play PASHA because of the magnet game, whats wrong with the balls simply locking in to place when you make the shot, example "Bride of Pin bot" but i guess this is to make up for the fact that on most of ZENS tables you can make ramp shots time after time easily from a trapped ball this just does not happen on a real table, also please cut down the number of extra balls, two possible extra balls from each main ball for a total of six possible extra balls per game is plenty. i like the theme of PARANORMAL but struggling to start multi ball due to the magnets will spoil it for me, i much prefer SL a more straight forward table. Well thats my bit of a rant but hey i have just got out of bed to go to work .
    PS I do still love Zen's tables
    Just focus on the fourth dimension multi ball then. Much much easier than Levitation.
    I'm having trouble with the haunted mansion too JandG.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 10-28-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JandG View Post

Cheers
    For the achievement you don't need to have all the ghosts, hitting one of the flashing targets then completing the Mansion by going out thro the roof is enough for the achievement to be achieved.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by JandG View Post

Cheers
    For one, always keep both triggers up..I try to flick the ball at the end of the flipper.. That usually brings me to the 2nd floor. Since you can hold the ball in place, focus on the objective by focusing on the arrows & cracks in the floor & walls. I would just spam the main ramp to get into the haunted house for practice. If the ball drains you have a 2nd chance to hit the door with the ball, & sometimes save the ball by extending the flipper so you don't have to hit the main ramp again. Good Luck. I just completed it today. Very rewarding achievement.

Is the 360 version really easier then the PS3 version! My top score on the PS3 was 11m. I had the game since March. In a few days on the 360 my high score is 60m. Is this psychological due to the SS & pin ball wizard score? Am I just a better player who is paying more attention to the layout? I never got close to finishing the Haunted house. In 2 days I get the 5 point achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by KBI35 View Post
    Is the 360 version really easier then the PS3 version!
    Considering that Zen Pinball has a few glitches in the physics engine, that were fixed in Pinball FX 2. I would say yes, the 360 version is probably much easier than the PS3 version.

I would assume like other Zen tables, that you might get more points each addtional time you complete the house/ghosts.
    No, you always get 20 millions. I did it more than 10 times in one game and always got 20M.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Considering that Zen Pinball has a few glitches in the physics engine, that were fixed in Pinball FX 2. I would say yes, the 360 version is probably much easier than the PS3 version.
    For me, an even bigger factor is that for some reason I don't like the PS3 shoulder buttons for pinball. The 360 controller's RB/LB buttons have a more satisfying "clicky" feel for me.

Thumbs down

Cloda gets a ridiculous high score that noone else(or so he hopes) can achieve on this table and then says that a cap should be put on the table, hahahahahahahaha.

Unhappy

Sorry Cloda didn't know your score would be reset too with caps.

Just encountered a hell born glitch.

Was playing Ball Combustion multiball, got down to two balls, one was on fire, the other one i lost, and i shot the one on fire into the haunted house, so i activated the haunted house while i lost my ball.

All of a sudden, the DMD disappeared , along with all the ramps, they just somehow vanished. The Multiball cube was up, the slingshots were all messed up. The haunted house music was playing in the background. I could not do anything, i drained the ball, and it continued on the next two balls.

I was pissed. It was a high scoring game =( I lost faith in this table.

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Just encountered a hell born glitch.

Was playing Ball Combustion multiball, got down to two balls, one was on fire, the other one i lost, and i shot the one on fire into the haunted house, so i activated the haunted house while i lost my ball.

All of a sudden, the DMD disappeared , along with all the ramps, they just somehow vanished. The Multiball cube was up, the slingshots were all messed up. The haunted house music was playing in the background. I could not do anything, i drained the ball, and it continued on the next two balls.

I was pissed. It was a high scoring game =( I lost faith in this table.

And here we go again with those bloody bugs. That's unfair... Zen, you absolutely need to do something about it !

Bring it on
    Ah come on! I thought my score was ok. But yours is just insane! Now to try and top that with a little help from your strategy guide .
    Last edited by jop87; 11-12-2011 at 12:01 AM.

I am happy to say, that i´ve got a second website to bring news about the free table.. looki.de is one of the bigger german gaming-news-sites.

So, mission accomplished!

http://www.looki.de/looki_sonntagsbr....html#c5921852

http://chillmo.com/paranormal-pinbal...ce-downloaden/

I realy hope, PFX2 will get more attention in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by jop87 View Post
    Ah come on! I thought my score was ok. But yours is just insane! Not even gonna try to top that.
    Neither would I try. So much other games on the xbox to tackle, and a grand adventure outside of xbox to grapple with.

So here's another glitch for you. During levitation multiball, the right flipper didn't work just after the other ball was released from the carousel and immediately drained during a ball saver. No other ball popped back out into the plunger. Levitating ball finishes it's little dance and gets away into the drain. Now I'm stuck with no ball on the table at all. Not stuck behind anything, it went down the drain. I tried tilting the table, even. The table won't TILT. So now I'm stuck at 244,000,000 after spending almost 2 hours on the table, (actually my whole afternoon went by because I took a few breaks). Now what? It's unfortunate, but I think I have to restart.

Default Don't play this table!

I advice everyone NOT to play this table until it's fixed. I played nearly 20 hours and my score is now 76 billions.And it won't grow, altough i'm only at my 2.3 ball ( still in play). Game is stuck, as happened to someone else, and i want to cry. I put an awful amount of time in this, i'm sure i could break 100 billions and maybe more ( i used Cloda's strategy, so my score was growing faster now, altough i used the 4th dimension multiball). I could even be the world's n.1 for once ( maybe not for long, ok, but it would have felt great). I'm utterly depressed. I took some pictures, in case anyone doubts my words, and i'll keep the game saved, in hope a future fix will let me continue my game...but i doubt it. In this precise moment i don't want to play pinball anymore.

EDIT:I can't believe this! I nudged like a devil for awhile...and the ball got unstucked..."I'm breathing...again!" It didn't even tilt.Yeah babe, i can still do it!

EDIT: No i can't. A different bug occured.The hole reward disappeared, when i put the ball in an unlighted hole it simply disappeared and was relaunched into game after awhile,but no rewards. So i couldn't get the extra balls for my 3rd ball ( i know there are different methods, but that is extremely easy...) and i played 5 less balls than i could, so i stopped at 96 billions.Too bad, my game was ruined by a bug.And i put an awful amount of hours in it...bhà.
    Last edited by Zuprichy; 11-02-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Sorry man I know how frustrating that must be. And not being able to get the extra balls... what a boat sinker
    Still a great score though.

To anyone else who reads this, spend at least 10 minutes tilting like a madman, if the ball gets trapped, sometimes you'll be able to nudge the ball out with the right combo of nudges.

Talking

Just completed my Paranormal Guide, expect to see it up soon.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I got a problem here

I used xbox.com to put the full table Paranormal for Pinball FX2 during the free first week (I am sure that I put the full table on the queue, not the trial), but I did not turn on my 360 in the last days.

Today I power it on and discovered that my download queue has the trial version of the table and the game want 240 MS points to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro View Post
    I got a problem here

I used xbox.com to put the full table Paranormal for Pinball FX2 during the free first week (I am sure that I put the full table on the queue, not the trial), but I did not turn on my 360 in the last days.

Today I power it on and discovered that my download queue has the trial version of the table and the game want 240 MS points to unlock it.
    It was free only for a week. Wednesday 2.11 was the last day to unlock it.

Try asking crackervizzo, maybe he has few codes left!
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
    If you watch it floating around, you'll see that it dips and rises. You need to hit it while it's dipped toward the playfield. I usually get it in play about half the time, though I could improve that if I played more of a precision game like the more talented players.
    aw thanks dude i was the same as the other guy i could'nt work out what or how to shoot that bloody ball sooo easy when u know how nice 1

Hi guys,
    I've downloaded Paranormal cause it was for free and it's a lot of fun. I don't know why, but somehow I've overlooked PFX2 in the past. What a shame cause it's such a great game! Paranormal even convinced me to buy Sorcerer's Lair and the whole Core tables. As I am not a fan of Marvel comics and after playing the demos, I figured out these tables I will like best.
    I own the Pal version of the Williams Collection and while I really love the old originals tables, Pinball Fx 2 offers much better ball physics and multiplayer. I think I am not the only costumer that ZEN convinced to buy more tables because of Paranormal. So it's a win/win situation for both sides.

Thank you, ZEN!

Quote Originally Posted by xNiCeGuYx View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've downloaded Paranormal cause it was for free and it's a lot of fun. I don't know why, but somehow I've overlooked PFX2 in the past. What a shame cause it's such a great game! Paranormal even convinced me to buy Sorcerer's Lair and the whole Core tables. As I am not a fan of Marvel comics and after playing the demos, I figured out these tables I will like best.
    I own the Pal version of the Williams Collection and while I really love the old originals tables, Pinball Fx 2 offers much better ball physics and multiplayer. I think I am not the only costumer that ZEN convinced to buy more tables because of Paranormal. So it's a win/win situation for both sides.

Thank you, ZEN!
    Welcome man! I too think Zen did a good move with Paranormal free for a week... well, you'll find a lot of useful information in this forum, and they will help you get better. That's what happened to me, here everyone is willing to give good advices.

Cool

hey guys has any one had direct contact when nessie was observing i'm not really sure what i'm looking for i get has far has taking the snapshots but i want contact lol

Quote Originally Posted by razer za lazer View Post
    hey guys has any one had direct contact when nessie was observing i'm not really sure what i'm looking for i get has far has taking the snapshots but i want contact lol
    After you get the snapshots, Nessie is dazed for about 10 seconds. Shoot the Nessie ramp again and the ball will hit him (you will hear a load smack).

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    After you get the snapshots, Nessie is dazed for about 10 seconds. Shoot the Nessie ramp again and the ball will hit him (you will hear a load smack).
    ah cheers dude got it nice1

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    The wizard mode starts upon completion of all the 4 multiball modes, I think you need to earn at least one jackpot while in the 4 multiball modes and I think when you earn a jackpot there is a certain audio ping that is heard not sure.

Upon this Wizard Cube is activated, its then begins a 120 second countdown, you need to get the ball up to the cube, youll notice the cube is spinning. You then are instructed to press the launch button to stop the spinning.

Once you do that you will need to get the ball in one of the holes to gain a jackpot. If you miss the cube starts spinning again and you have to repeat the process of the getting in the cube.

If you get the jackpot you then you can get back into the cube to go from another jackpot.

I didnt see many points occuring in this mode, but that could be me. This is more like a hurry up mode then a wizard mode for me.
    I had this mode start on me during or after I was working on the 4th Dimension. The cube/table was going out of control like this. Mustv'e been a glitch cause I had not done all of the modes yet.

Well you don't need to complete the Multiball Modes just starting all 4 of them is enough to trigger Wizard Cube.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Its a bad marketing strategy to give one userbase something for free and decline the other, I had to pay for the table so should the next man.
    The truth is that every customer is getting what they pay for, and sometimes, a bit more for free.

If you were not getting what you paid for, I would understand the complaint. To complain that you are not getting enough for free? No sympathy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro View Post
    I got a problem here

He who hesitates is lost! I guess you missed the free offer window. But it's worth the 240.

Question about the phenomena cube, as I have been unable to puzzle this one out on my own. The only mode I have been able to activate is levitation mode, and even then, I rarely seem to knock the ball down onto the playfield.

1) What's the trick to knocking the levitating ball down? Bumping it when you're on a habitrail?

2) What with those sneaky diversion lanes on the cube, how do you activate the other modes? There's clearly a trick or goal I am missing here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by OneOfSwords View Post
    Question about the phenomena cube, as I have been unable to puzzle this one out on my own. The only mode I have been able to activate is levitation mode, and even then, I rarely seem to knock the ball down onto the playfield.

1) What's the trick to knocking the levitating ball down? Bumping it when you're on a habitrail?

2) What with those sneaky diversion lanes on the cube, how do you activate the other modes? There's clearly a trick or goal I am missing here.

Thanks!
    Here are a few tips:

1.) The levitating ball goes up and down during its levitating course above the playfield, so, it can be hit, when it is down, near the playfield. The shadow of the levitating ball helps to catch the right moment.

2.) When a ball is locked (in the film reel), there are selectable options on the dot matrix display, and the cube can be rotated to its different sides. Two options are available when one ball is locked, and four options, when two balls are locked. Each option is a “Multiball Phenomenon”, and they can be started by completing the mini game on the respective side of the cube. The second and the third side of the cube work with magnets, while the fourth one works with four rotatable diverters, and the magnets and diverters can be operated with the flippers. The goal of the mini games is always the same: hit all of the holes on the respective side of the cube!

A ha. I had not caught the height thing with the levitating ball -- I can knock it down but I didn't know how I was doing it -- and I didn't realize I could affect the diverters. I shall put more time into it and figure it out. Thank you!

Is there somebody who can tell me what happend....I save my game I was at 60billions with 3 balls left and when I came back on the table the continue game was not there no more???? on my memory it shows that its been save ... Im so pi$$ed was beating my superscore+ I played a good 9 hours to get there...what a waste

Quote Originally Posted by lorsdky View Post
    Is there somebody who can tell me what happend....I save my game I was at 60billions with 3 balls left and when I came back on the table the continue game was not there no more???? on my memory it shows that its been save ... Im so pi$$ed was beating my superscore+ I played a good 9 hours to get there...what a waste
    How strange... This table has some known bugs, but this i surely never heard of...Sorry for your game,man, i know how frustrating it is to play for some hours for nothing...
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Quote Originally Posted by lorsdky View Post
    Hmm never encountered this, was the saved game on a USB memory stick at any point? did ya play on any other 360 with that saved file?

I one time played a Game on my Jap360 then saved it onto the USB to continue on my Norm 360 but turns out it wouldn't load the game... this was because of the Stats Save File which had no data for this game, because on the Jap360 it had developed a different Stats Save File.

From what I know the Save Game File and Stats Save File work together when you save the game and then want to continue with it at a l8er date.

Thats one experience I had, sorry I couldn't be of any more help m8.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I played on the same console all the time....For those who dint belive me
    Attached Files Attached Files

By the way guys i know what happend...well not exacly but it has to do with the cloud saving in the storage ...if you dont know how it work dont use it,,, my mystake...

Default 450 billion + paranormal fuck up

I had a great game, ball 17, 450 billion , when i started a multi ball the captive ball never came out of the lock. Now it is ball 18 say's shoot again but no ball in ball lauch. this sucks. I hate this table. 80% failure rate for me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast