Thread: FarSight brings "The Pinball Arcade" to all major plaforms

Default FarSight brings "The Pinball Arcade" to all major plaforms

Sorry for advertising your competition... but since these are only real tables virtualised, they are kind of doing something different to Zen...

So FarSight, those guys who did Pinball Hall of Fame (Williams & Gottlieb) are making a new game: "The Pinball Arcade". It will come to basically every imaginable platform, including 360, PS3 & PC.

Trailer here.

It will first come with four tables that really exist:
    - Tales of the Arabian Nights
    - Ripley's Believe it or not!
    - Black Hole
    - Theatre of Magic

They are planning on releasing DLC tables regularly, and support the game with "new" (that is: "old") tables "for years to come".

Apparently they have licences for Gottlieb, Williams, Data East, Stern Pinball and Bally.

I, for one, am very happy abou this.
    Last edited by ulix; 10-24-2011 at 08:13 PM.

By seeing the trailer, I don`t think ZEN has to worry a bit .
    Poor graphics (anno 2012) and an unrealistic ball behaviour.

Personally, I never really got how certain users considered FarSight's physics to be totally unrealistic. Sure, the physics are on the floaty side, but they still have enough accuracy to hit all of the targets and have some sense of weight; it's not like the ball ricochets all over the place for a long while, not that much longer than real pinball anyway.

Obviously, real pinballs are weightier, but what virtual pinball game has ever had like-for-like ball physics, anyway? Not even the Pro Pinball series, which I feel is still the greatest ball physics to date, was 100% accurate.

I feel one of the only accurate complaints with FarSight's simulations is the lighting, as it's somewhat primitive, especially compared to Pro Pinball and Zen's games; however, that will be a small price to pay since I feel FarSight's designs to be accurate enough to real pinball.

I just hope it will release at a comparable price to the Zen Studios games. I also can't wait for the new videos to come out.

"Boulderdash" SERIOUSLY, have you ever even played any of their games? If you think Pinball Hall of Fame the Williams collection has "poor graphics" then you need a pair of glasses.

Since the old trailer has been deleted, here's the new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQa-ONdz9I

Lighting is much better and the ball physics seem improved; I think their might be nudging involved in the trailer. According to their Facebook page, they intend on changing the ball appearance; not a big deal to me as long as the ball physics are still good.

Honestly, I don't see The Pinball Arcade as a rival to the Zen Studios pinball games since both games are apples and oranges. Zen's games are about presenting the modern generation with some flashy tables with features not possible on a real pinball table, while FarSight's platform is about successfully recreating the real life pinball experience. I believe there is enough room for two or more successful pinball services.

I can't wait to play this one!

Quote Originally Posted by HardcorePinballGamer4Life View Post
    Since the old trailer has been deleted, here's the new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQa-ONdz9I

Lighting is much better and the ball physics seem improved; I think their might be nudging involved in the trailer.
    TOTAN looks much better here compared to its PHOF version. The ball moves a little more realistically now.

Black Hole looks amazing compared to its PHOF (PS2 version) counterpart, which was plagued with bugs and didn't look that great.

So, what tables would you guys like to see the most?

Obviously, I'd like to the The Addams Family and The Twilight Zone since those two are the most acclaimed tables of the 90s. On the Stern side, I'd like to see The Simpsons Pinball Party and Tales from The Crypt (The Pinball Arcade's FB page confirmed Stern owns the rights to the Data East and Sega's tables); Lord of the Rings is also a must as it's the highest acclaimed Stern table.

So, what tables would you guys like to see the most?
    Some older tables:

Rollergames (Williams)
    Wipeout (Gottlieb)
    Judge Dread (Bally)
    Batman (Data East Version)
    Black Knight 2000 (Williams)
    High Speed (Williams)
    White Water (Williams)

The Pinball Arcade team leaked some news about the method of purchasing their tables on their Facebook page:

Every table can be bought individually or in packs. Also (and we haven't mentioned this yet) during online/cross platform tournaments, you'll be able to play tables you haven't bought in the Pinball Arcade.

I am personally really excited about this, I own VP, FP and all the Zen and Marvel tables, and I would love to see these old tables ported on consoles with the Farsight graphics.

Any news on this, or anwhere we can follow the project?

The developers of this game frequent Facebook. They also have a mailing list on their site (http://www.pinballarcade.com/).

Cool thanks!

Exclamation

I want to see FarSight make Jack Bot!!!
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

New video coming Christmas Eve, according to their Facebook page!

Starting tomorrow, we're going to celebrate the Twelve Days of a Pinball Arcade Christmas by releasing more information, new videos, or new screenshots about our game each day for 12 days. We'll start by uploading the HD version of the making of video to our youtube channel that is currently available on IGN.com. We hope you enjoy! Have a happy holiday season, everyone!!!
    BTW, the video is here and 15 minutes long, too:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/12/23...aking-of-video
    Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 12-23-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Zens physics engine is much much better than the one from Farsight. I got the Williams collection for the PSP and sometimes during play the ball went through the flippers and got lost. I never experienced that with Zen Pinballl or Marvel Pinball. An other reason why Zen's physics are better is that they simulate the dynamics of the ball itself. For example they make it rotate and behave appropriately. There is no ball rotaion with farsights pinball simulations.
    I watched the video and the trailers from Farsight and although they tell that they improved their physics but i doubt that they get as good as Zen. They just told something about better table gravity simulation and about fiddeling around with parameters and that is not improving their ball physics

Very informative video. You get to hear about the background information about the company and their dedication to take their time to recreate classic pinball games. Its amazing how many tables they have in production. (over 50 and planning to release a new table every two weeks)

Although i am not convinced about their game physics. Judging from the trailer and video, i don't see any big significant improvements whatsoever to their ball physics, and in their video, they talk a big game about it. Farsight claims that the Williams collection had the best pinball physics yet of its time. In which in did not, where at times playing on whirlwind, the ball flys out of the table. How realistic.

They even took a swipe at Zen - "fantasy pinball". So if Farsight is for real on challenging the Zen crown, they gotta make the ball look like its at least rolling. =p

Its tempting to buy, but i don't know yet. I want to see some hi-def video of their game before i make a decision.

The fantasy pinball "swipe" could be unrelated to Zen's games, there are plenty of video pinball games, especially before Zen's, such as Pinball Dreams & Fantasies, Pinball HD, Pinball Deluxe, and at least 50 other apps on the iPhone.

I do agree that FarSight's physics aren't the greatest; the Pro Pinball series will always have the more dominate physics engine. Also, FarSight isn't the only company talking game about their physics; Zen talks big game as well by saying their physics are "the most realistic", which also isn't true. Either way, no pinball physics engine has ever been like-for-like and FarSight's engine is still better than 90% of other video pinball games, Zen (arguable) and Pro Pinball, notwithstanding. BTW, the ball flying out of the table could be due to having the table reflection option off; it doesn't do that to me with the reflections on and I've played that game for 50+ hours.

I don't agree the FarSight vs. Zen mantra a few users have on here. I think it's apples and oranges for both; one is about recreating an experience that is quite uncommon and hard to find, while the other is about making new designs with elements not present in real pinball. I just don't believe Highlander-logic when it comes to video pinball; both should do well and deservedly so.

BTW, I wouldn't judge that video on how their physics will be; it was roughly 30 seconds gameplay footage, at most. Also, the developers plan on releasing a video about their pinball movement as part of their unveiling special.
    Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 12-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katschunka View Post
    I got the Williams collection for the PSP and sometimes during play the ball went through the flippers and got lost.
    Comparing the PSP version of PHOF:WC to Zen Pinball is like comparing an "apple" to a "screw". First off, the PSP version of the game is last generation compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, which came out 18 months later.

Try playing the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of PHOF:WC. They fixed a lot of the glitches that plagued the PS2 and PSP versions.
    Last edited by shogun00; 12-25-2011 at 12:45 AM.

It is safe to assume that FS could be talking about Zen, as they are both major pinball game makers. Plus, things happen on Zen's tables that you would not see on a real table. (That is where i assumed FS was talking about them) Although you are right that they couldn't just talk about only Zen.

Zen talks a big game about their physics because they have proven it. They have the best pinball physics available in video games.(IMO, people might differ) Of course they aren't that realistic, you cannot create perfect pinball physics on a game. But you can sure as hell replicate it to make it seem like it is, and Zen has the most realistic physics thus far on the TV/iPhone/3DS/Droid/Tablet screen. That is why they claim to have the "most realistic". My point about the whole Whirlwind ball flying out of the table deal was to test FS how realistic the game was.

Here is another thing: Why can't you compare FS to Zen? Because they have different directions on what they want to do with pinball? No, its the way they are delivering pinball to us, on the same platforms (besides Wii) that Zen has their video games on. Basically every digital realm. (kinda cheesy but best i could come up with) This creates competition between the two, and its great. Why? Because both companies will work harder to try to appease their crowds, and also attracting more to their games. Which means, more pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Comparing the PSP version of PHOF:WC to Zen Pinball is like comparing an "apple" to a "screw". First off, the PSP version of the game is last generation compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, which came out 18 months later.

Try playing the PS3 or Xbox 360 version PHOF:WC. They fixed a lot of the glitches that plagued the PS2 and PSP versions.
    Ok maybe they fixed some glitches but did they make the ball roll in their new pinball simulation? I doubt it.

Thumbs up

Okay AR, I agree with everything you said on your last paragraph. Competition is indeed great; however, there are people who refuse to buy a competitor's product due to sticking with another brand. That issue kinda worries me about the sales of the game; I really want this game to perform well since they are the only company (as of right now) willing to port good recreations of classic table designs. Personally, I will buy both of each company's product; the more great pinball games, the better.

I will also agree about the presentation of the physics; I personally love how Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection on my Xbox 360 plays, however the physics don't look realistic. The ball doesn't roll and looks more grey than silver, but it's still a nice size and has decent gravity when hit. To me, the game played well enough to not care about the pinball's appearance. Since this is a DLC format, maybe they might end up fixing the appearance of the ball (hopefully they will).

I still disagree about the ball flying off on FarSight's games; like in normal pinball, it's possible for the ball to fly out without the glass casing. Once you enable the glass casing in the Gottlieb and Williams collections, the ball no longer goes to the floor.
    Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 12-25-2011 at 01:22 AM.

I just did not have that great of a experience with WPHOF as you did. I dislike how the pinball game is played with these moon ball physics, but you have no problem with the game. (i got no problem with this, its great that you are) I still can't even get that damn Harem multiball on TotAN, as it is glitched and won't lock your ball. (unless you get a merchant secret award) You may have though.

I just hate how the game plays on Farsight's engine. At times, there is a chance the ball won't even hit the flippers and drain SttM and/or outlanes. And with the ball flying out? I don't understand why you disagree. If this game is supposed to catch the authentic pinball experience, i would like my ball not to go crazy fast bouncing off objects and flying out the table. Besides,why would you play a pinball game without a glass casing? (besides trying to fix something on the table)

Hmm, I've never had that problem with the American Xbox 360 version of the collection, with the ball flying out and I've played that version for 50+ hours. I've had that problem with the Wii version; that version had some bugs with certain tables.

Sorry that you didn't enjoy the collection. I'm confident this platform will improve the bugs, and being a downloadable game, patches are quite possible. If there is enough outcry for things to be fixed, I'm certain they would work to fix them. FarSight Studios has been quite active on Facebook and answering questions.

BTW, the Harem multiball issue was apparently fixed according to their FB page.
    Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 12-25-2011 at 02:32 AM.

They got it fixed? hmm. I'll have to pull out the game and try it. Trying to grab those goals, then i can be done. Well, i'll have to see what kind of information that FS is going to put out during the 12 days of christmas thing.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else who play.

No, not for the retail release; Tales of the Arabian Nights will be available as one of the four initial titles on The Pinball Arcade. They fixed the Harem Multiball for the upcoming DLC platform. Very sorry for the confusion.

Merry Holidays and a Happy New Year to you as well.

Sorry for duplicate posting, but there is some cool news on their Facebook page on the pricing structure:

Merry Christmas!! and Happy Holidays to Everyone!!!

Each month, The Pinball Arcade will feature one game as The Table of the Month. At launch, this table will be Tales of the Arabian Nights. The Table of the Month on most platforms will cost 99 cents. [We’d prefer to offer it for 99 cents on all platforms, but there are some console restrictions we may have to abide by that would restrict this pricing model]. After each month is over, the Table of the Month will go back to it's regular price which will typically range between $1.99 and $2.99 (with $3.99 currently planned for tables with expensive ancillary licenses).
    Sweet! Hopefully Microsoft's XBLA service could allow the Table of the Month feature. I do quite like being able to buy each table individually, instead of packs, as well.

Default Day 4 of 12 on their Facebook Special

More info has been revealed on their Facebook. This time it's about the tournaments.

Once we’ve released a few tables, we plan to start hosting cross-platform tournaments. In a typical tournament, players will have up to one week to a complete game on each table and post a score EVEN IF THE TABLE IS IN FREE MODE AND THEY HAVE NOT PURCHASED IT YET. We will feature many of the same basic tournaments rules and formats as the IFPA including Open Play, PinGolf, and Match Play. A rewarding tournament rating and ladder system will level the playing field for players of all abilities and give everyone a chance to win their division!

http://www.ifpapinball.com/
    BTW, Day 3 was just a confirmation that Cirqus Voltaire would launch as a "Table of the Month" (99 cents).

Default Days 5 & 6 of 12

The Pinball Arcade just revealed photos on their Facebook page of their pinball.

The ball has its reflections now; they are taken from the Xbox 360 version of the game. They initially planned a video showing off the physics, but they claimed they had issues with the recording, so it will be on YouTube tomorrow.

I will post a link to the video when they release it.

Also, to avoid constant posting, here are the 12 Days of The Pinball Arcade Christmas:

Day 1: The Making of The Pinball Arcade
    Day 2: Pricing structure (Table of the Month for $1 and hopes for tables to be priced at $2-3, $4 at most)
    Day 3: Cirqus Voltaire for $1 when released
    Day 4: Tournament structure (cross-platform tounaments and the ability to play tables for free)
    Day 5: In-game photos of the new pinball model (the pinball now has reflections)
    Day 6: Video showing off the new pinball model; Cloda approved (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngCU79_-JnY)
    Day 7: Ripley's Believe It or Not video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qLhqSRIG50)
    Day 8: Black Hole video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgV8VauGtZg)
    Day 9: Tales of the Arabian Nights video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMhf9i0afps)
    Day 10: Theater of Magic video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROW203Qa1FU)
    Day 11: Table Instructions video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ze12sUEIo0)
    Day 12: Release Date Info: iOS & Android (January), Vita & Mac (February), and Xbox, PS3, & PC (late-March)
    Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 01-05-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Having just seen the the new ball movements it looks much better than the williams collection which i own on 360 def a day one purchase for me zen will still get my money as they make great tables & it just gives us more variety

Definitely supporting both, as well!

The more great pinball, the better. Even though the video pinball genre has been around since the late-70s, the genre is just starting to become awesome (starting with Pinball FX 2 & PHoF: Williams).

These physics definitely suffice; the ball gravity seems much better than their previous efforts. Really hope this takes off!

Default Farsights Physics are just fine

Actually there previous Tables physics were very accurate . I have played most of there pinball hall of fame games in real life Black Knight being the most . I have played it for over 20 years . There only problem is they play like a brand new freshly waxed table every time and never show any characteristics of being broken in, worn or used . As far as the graphics they are great to . Most people are probably watching no official trailers and not in hd . The tables on the Xbox 360's version of the hall of fame were very accurately 3d modeled an rendered . The same problem applied they also just looked to clean to be true but still they were pretty realistic looking . The ball animation wasn't shabby neither.

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarca...24584767562590

The game is scheduled to come out on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in late March.

Android and iOS users will get the game later this month, while PS Vita users may get the game at launch (2/22).

Farsight has fixed their engine, yeah. The psp and Wii versions of Hall of Fame were unplayable, but I grabbed the new 3DS one today, and it's quite good. Now I'm looking forward to this Pinball Arcade thing.

I still think Zen has slightly better ball mechanics, but Farsight has 10x better table instructions and game modes, so, really, both games make me hope the other's dev team is taking notes.

+1

Indeed, physics are better but the modes and gameplay of the top class real machines are way better in general.

Default Cabinet View

I really hope Farsight includes cabinet view.

It drives me up the wall that Zen Pinball does not have this feature, to the point that I have stopped playing it. If Farsight fails to incorporate this absolutely essential feature than I will just stick with Video Pinball.

Ok, just played some TOM games on pinball arcade. I am a bit dissapointed. The graphics are not really sharp, the ball is floating and does not have enough weight, the flippers are not powerfull enough, the maximum angle the flippers make is too small, the ball is grey! and hard to follow. The good, well, it is the TOM, gameplay is better than the zen tables, so are the sound effects.

But, in general, ZEN rocks, wish they used their engine and knowledge to recreate the classic tables.

The Pinball Arcade just revealed photos on their Facebook page of their pinball.

The ball has its reflections now; they are taken from the Xbox 360 version of the game. They initially planned a video showing off the physics, but they claimed they had issues with the recording, so it will be on YouTube tomorrow.

I will post a link to the video when they release it.

Also, to avoid constant posting, here are the 12 Days of The Pinball Arcade Christmas:

Day 1: The Making of The Pinball Arcade
    Day 2: Pricing structure (Table of the Month for $1 and hopes for tables to be priced at $2-3, $4 at most)
    Day 3: Cirqus Voltaire for $1 when released
    Day 4: Tournament structure (cross-platform tounaments and the ability to play tables for free)
    Day 5: In-game photos of the new pinball model (the pinball now has reflections)
    Day 6: Video showing off the new pinball model; Cloda approved (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngCU79_-JnY)
    Day 7: Ripley's Believe It or Not video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qLhqSRIG50)
    Day 8: Black Hole video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgV8VauGtZg)
    Day 9: Tales of the Arabian Nights video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMhf9i0afps)
    Day 10: Theater of Magic video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROW203Qa1FU)
    Day 11: Table Instructions video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ze12sUEIo0)
    Day 12: Release Date Info: iOS & Android (January), Vita & Mac (February), and Xbox, PS3, & PC (late-March)
    Thanks for this. Watched them over and over again.

This is simply unreal... Watching it gave butterflies in my stumach. I cant believe I'll be playing this next month. The lighting, ambiance, everything is near photorealisyic. And the physics... Wow, what an
    improvement. The ios version on iphone is just a taste of whats comming!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus the 1st View Post
    Ok, just played some TOM games on pinball arcade. I am a bit dissapointed. The graphics are not really sharp, the ball is floating and does not have enough weight, the flippers are not powerfull enough, the maximum angle the flippers make is too small, the ball is grey! and hard to follow. The good, well, it is the TOM, gameplay is better than the zen tables, so are the sound effects.

But, in general, ZEN rocks, wish they used their engine and knowledge to recreate the classic tables.
    Just watch the videos above... Nothing tops that engine yet!

I agree that the physics look better although the ball still lacks weight imho. Question than is why the current ios version is nothing like the videos above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus the 1st View Post
    Question than is why the current ios version is nothing like the videos above.
    The videos might be coming from one of other versions of the game, such as the PS3, 360 or PC version.

Just tried the newly released Android version out of curiosity.

The menu screens are glitchy and flicker all over the place.

The artwork is horrible and very uninspired. The tables look accurate enough, but there is no shading. It's just a fully bright machine in a basic full bright room.

The ball feels like it is floating in the air instead of rolling on the table. Ball movement is very inconsistent like it's frame based movement, and not delta time. This causes the ball to sometimes go right through the flippers since it warps around from frame to frame.
    Happy Zen Pinball Android Customer
    ASUS Transformer TF101

Pinball Arcade bashers should go play some real pinball once in a while. If you're happy with Zen/Marvel/FX then we're all happy, but bear in mind that the fantasy pinball style of Zen is exactly that - fantasy, both in design, physics and graphics.

PS The moment Zen team is starting selling tables SS/EM-style, I'm ready to buy. A DIY pin creator program would be cool, too.

Having played both The Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball on my newly bought iPad 2 (which is an awesome device), Zen's series has the upper hand due to the presentation and physics.

The physics in Pinball Arcade are pretty good. Roughly par with the 360/PS3 Williams Collection; lightweight, but solid enough to please the majority of pinballers. The Pinball Arcade's presentation is hit-and-miss. It's not terrible and functions well, but leaves little to be desired. Facebook-only leaderboards and lack of Game Center support really sucks as well, but the developers said they will add Game Center by late-March. Graphically par with the 360/PS3 Williams Collection, as well; they apparently said they are working on enhancing the graphical quality for the iPad 2 and 3. Despite the negatives, still one of the best pinball titles on the iPad 2. All tables run quite well on my iPod Touch (4th Generation 5.0), with the exception of Ripley's Believe It or Not which has a bug and the framerate is a little choppy on that one.

Zen Pinball, on the other hand, is top-notch from head-to-toe; fantastic physics, graphics, and presentation. However, I would only recommend getting the iPad 2 or tablets similar to it since it runs like a dream on that device. The iPod Touch version of this series really sucks. Unresponsive action (Check) buttons, and entering initials is a huge pain as well. Also, the tables, with partial exception to Sorcerer's Lair, are a little choppy on the Touch; no problem at all on my iPad 2. THE pinball app, just as long as you have an iPad 2.

All in all, Zen Pinball is a class above The Pinball Arcade; however, with some adjustments, The Pinball Arcade will be incredibly competitive with Zen Pinball.

BTW, the console version of this game looks really good.
    Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 02-16-2012 at 01:57 AM.

A class above? I must have a different Pinball arcade then... The physics are much better then Pinball hall if fame too.

The PS3/360/PC version is still in development and they are not only tweaking it to perfection, they still add things like better ambiance and lighting(!).

It's a promising start, but it needs some fine tuning.

It needs some work, though, before it is released on the consoles where standards remain far higher than on the portable offerings. The version released on IOS was more of a beta than a real release build.

I still hope the 360/PS3 release us still on track though. At least they are very quiet on facebook so they must be working really hard!

Well, maybe not a class above once Game Center support comes out for this one.

Facebook-only leaderboards is the only major criticism I have with my iPad 2 version of this game. I still stand by the presentation criticisms; however, I do really love how FarSight handled the rulesets for each table. Easily the best part of this app's presentation. I think this app looks pretty good graphically, not as good as Zen Pinball but more than suffices and runs very smoothly. I somewhat take back my opinion on the ball physics. I think the ball physics are very good. The flipper engine, on the other hand, feels less dimensional than either Pro Pinball or Zen Pinball; in those games, performing light flipper taps is a breeze and an effective way to control the pinball. This game lacks those light taps to control the ball, thus making nudging a more effective way to control the ball. Either way, the playability in this game is very solid and realistic.

Regardless I'm enjoying the hell out of both pinball apps. I've been playing The Pinball Arcade slightly more than Zen Pinball on the iPad 2, at the moment. Both apps are really awesome and well worth the time if you love video pinball.

BTW, the North American release for the Xbox Live Arcade version will release on March 28th. I think it should be released in Europe around the same time, if not slightly later. No info on the PS3 release, though.
    Last edited by HardcorePinballGamer4Life; 02-29-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Monster Bash that is all

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Monster Bash.... Yes.... That's one awesome table... Still can't believe I'm going to play so many great tables! 28th of march can't come soon enough!

Yep we are truely blessed this Year, wonder what Zen has up their sleeves to counter this.... I feel like a kid in a Candy Store.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

FarSight will be debuting 'The Pinball Arcade' as well as sponsoring a Kid’s Bump ‘n’ Win Tournament at the 'Texas Pinball Festival' this year (March 23-25).

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Monster Bash that is all
    George Gomez, the pinball designer of Monster Bash, and others (Revenge from Mars, Lord of the Rings, Transformers, etc) will be the Special Guest Speaker and will have an autograph session.

I'm seriously thinking about going this year. Anyone else from this forum going?

Quote Originally Posted by x Zot x View Post
    FarSight will be debuting 'The Pinball Arcade' as well as sponsoring a Kid’s Bump ‘n’ Win Tournament at the 'Texas Pinball Festival' this year (March 23-25).

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

George Gomez, the pinball designer of Monster Bash, and others (Revenge from Mars, Lord of the Rings, Transformers, etc) will be the Special Guest Speaker and will have an autograph session.

I'm seriously thinking about going this year. Anyone else from this forum going?
    Wow thats awesome, darn can't go

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Smile some more older tables

11 older tables I'd love to see:

WILLIAMS - Congo
    GOTTLIEB - Stargate
    DATA EAST - Tales From the Crypt, The Simpsons, Last Action Hero
    SEGA - Baywatch, South Park
    STERN - Lord Of The Rings
    BALLY - The Shadow, Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone

From their latest newsletter:

Add-on pack #1: Medieval Madness™ and Bride of PinBot™ as well as add-on pack #2: Circus Voltaire and Funhouse are currently in submission and will be released in June in North America for PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. The European versions of PS3 and PS Vita are also in submission and will be released once they have been approved by Sony.

From their latest newsletter:
    Add-on pack #1: Medieval Madness™ and Bride of PinBot™ as well as add-on pack #2: Circus Voltaire and Funhouse are currently in submission and will be released in June in North America for PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. The European versions of PS3 and PS Vita are also in submission and will be released once they have been approved by Sony.
    Thats great news! Still no Europe release!
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Hopefully EU's release will follow suit within that same week, or the following week. I really hope so. I feel bad on how much you all get shafted on release dates.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Hopefully EU's release will follow suit within that same week, or the following week. I really hope so. I feel bad on how much you all get shafted on release dates.
    And some times it goes the other way around, especially with Creat Studios' games. For example, it took two months for the US to get Pinballistik after it released in Europe.

And some times it goes the other way around, especially with Creat Studios' games. For example, it took two months for the US to get Pinballistik after it released in Europe.
    Wow...now I didn't know that. I still have to finish Pinballistik! LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Man, maybe I shoud give pinballistik a try!

Still nothing for EU yet!

Yesterday I downloaded the demo for this game in Xbox and I tried each table. The physics are way better and improved from their older games, but the ball still feels a little bouncy.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post
    Man, maybe I should give pinballistik a try!
    Go for it! When you buy the main game ($4 US, not sure for EU), it contains demos of the add-on tables.

I personally like the game. The only issue I have with it is that you can't change the controls* and two of the trophies are broken.

* The launcher and flipper buttons are the same as Zen's, but the nudging is stuck on the D-pad (very annoying).

the ps3 demo for pinball arcade has finally arrived
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Default Pinball Arcade physics definetly need improvement

First of all, please excuse my poor english. I got Pinall Arcade last week for PS3 and played it for a pretty long time already. I must say there are many bugs in that game. sometimes the game will not start for some tables i. e. the ball does not come to play. The other big issue is the tables physics engine. Sometimes the ball travels right through the flippers especially if the ball moves at high speed and the flippers are moving when it is near them. It happens often if you try slap saves but not only in that case. There are some other odd behaviors that the ball is showing. If I have to name the problem then I would say that the physics engine has not enough performence to simulate the ball physics continuously enough to avoid such odd effects.
    It is a pitty that the experience of playing such awsome tables is spoiled by such insufficiencies. I regret that i spend the money for that game. Zen does a much better job. Thank you ZEN. I hope that Zen will get the licenses for some original tables eventually.
    Last edited by katschunka; 07-20-2012 at 03:57 PM.

In my opinion, Zen and Pinball Arcade target slightly different audiences that have quite a lot of overlap if one were to draw a Venn diagram. I find it curious and inaccurate that some posts in this thread talk about problems with the physics in Pinball Arcade. The game is not without its issues; poor collision detection is certainly a huge problem when it loses the player a ball. I have experienced that bug myself on a fair number of occasions. However, collision detection and ball physics are, in my mind, two very different things.

Certainly, Zen has no issue with collision detection. Neither Zen nor Pinball Arcade get ball physics exactly right. Flippers in both games are unrealistically bouncy. Flipper movements that wouldn't kick a ball away like a full-on hit often do exactly that. Nudging in both games could be better, although for quite different reasons. I think anyone that says that any digital pinball game has "perfect" physics is either looking specifically for a game that isn't realistic or hasn't played enough real pinball to be familiar with how on location tables play.

I own many different versions of digital pinball (PBFX2, Zen, Marvel, Pinball Arcade on PS3 and iOS), and they're all good in their own right, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. But damn it, nothing, NOTHING is better than playing a pin on location. Well, provided everything works correctly!

Cool

I agree, its been a while mainly because there so few around any more. I wish I could find a paragon table some where. Wide table from 77 or so. Bang special all day long with one quarter.

@chiralfox: Sorry to disagree but collision detection is part of the physics engine, especially in a pinball game where nearly the whole gameplay is about collisions basically. Please refer to the Wikipedia page about Physics engine. After reading that artice i guess Farsights problem is that they use discrete collision detection. And yes, I played a whole bunch of Pinball Tables. I played all the awsome ones by Williams back in the nineties like Funhouse, Earthquake, Whirlwind etc. among others. The first table i played was Centaur by Bally.
    Last edited by katschunka; 08-01-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Banned

No threat to Zen, Zen already has a wide fan base and stabilized in DLC and tables. They got more experience on the market.