Thread: Import Detection Failed?

Question Import Detection Failed?

Very strange occurrence tonight. I finally bought Pinball Fx 2 after having played the original since its release. After launching it for the first time, it imported some of my original tables--but only the 3 paid DLC tables I had. None of the original collection came in (Speed, Agent, etc). After selecting the classic pack in the main screen and choosing download, I receive a message stating "Pinball FX Import Detection Failed".

I can go back to the original game and play so the license is definitely valid. I've also tried deleting Pinball Fx 2 and re-downloading but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Note from Zen:

This issue is now fixed.

Important Note: users who already attempted to import Pinball FX1 data may need to recover their profiles before the feature will work again. Here is a link with instructions on how to do this: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-l.../gamer-profile
    Last edited by crackervizzo; 11-11-2011 at 11:45 AM.

KickBeaten Down

I'm not sure this will work, but you could try deleting everything (including save data) for both games and redownloading all of it starting with PFX1.

I am not sure exactly how the licenses work. If you bought the PFX1 game/DLC with multiple gamertags it would still play but might have import issues.

Thank you. Before trying that can you confirm that I can re-download FX 1? I thought that was no longer available to download...

Ok so I took the plunge, blew all data from both games away, and re-downloaded. Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. Even more unfortunate is that I no longer have access to the FX1 DLC. I could live with that if I could play all of the original tables I had but now there's no way to get Buccaneer because it was DLC from the first game and won't import into the 2nd. Please help!

KickBeaten Down

You should be able to download the DLC here: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Download/History

(as long as you are signed in with the same gamertag that purchased them)

KickBeaten Down

Also, what region/market did you buy the tables in, and which one are you in now?

I bought it in Canada and am still in that region. I've only had one gamer tag since the original Xbox live beta way back when. Thanks for the tip on download history--will see if I can find Bucc there.

Isn't is strange that my DLC from FX1 did import but the classic tables didn't? I guess each license is different then--regardless of add-on or full game?

KickBeaten Down

One other thing to check is that you need to run PFX1 and get the update before it will import to PFX2.

Yes, I've run it a few times since re-downloading it. I don't recall an update since the re-download but tried again tonight and nothing's indicating a new update.

To try to import the classic tables in FX2, I'm choosing the table collection beginning with Speed Machine, pressing A, then selecting "Unlock Collection". It's at that point that I receive the "Pinball FX import detection failed" message. I've deleted data and re-downloaded the games so many times now that I'm truly out of options. Is there a way you could just email a code to download that classic collection so I can bypass the import altogether?

I too am having import issues for FX1 tables. I posted it in the FAQ sticky post before I saw this.

I'm getting the same "Pinball FX import detection failed" message. It would be fine if I had a job, I'd just buy the pack and be done with it, but unfortunately I'm broke. Any help would be appreciated.

Before anyone asks, yes, I've tried deleting and redownloading, that doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

Have you folks tried clearing your cache files before re-downloading the game? The system cache is where all temp files and game updates are kept. Its perfectly safe to clear it, however you will need to download patches for your games again.

Try this;
    Delete all PBFX and PBFX2 data
    Go to systems settings>memory and delete cache files
    Download FX1 via download history and patch it
    The Download FX2, and all table data.
    Once all the tables are downloaded, quit the game and restart it.
    The game should (in theory) then automatically unlock the classic tables upon restart.

KickBeaten Down

We've found that this is an issue on the Microsoft side. We're contacting them to see if they can resolve it.

Unfortunately, we don't have any codes remaining for the Classic table pack.

Thanks for the info Solitude. I'll be sure to try again in a week or so, to see if they fixed the problem.

Ah I just found this thread after seeing it first in the help section.

I'm also having this problem, I hope it is able to be resolved soon.

I am having the same problem. I am very upset

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    We've found that this is an issue on the Microsoft side. We're contacting them to see if they can resolve it.

Unfortunately, we don't have any codes remaining for the Classic table pack.
    Yeah I just called Microsoft and they don't have anything on it yet, Eric told me to call back in 2 days if it hasn't been resolved. Like they can't just purchase the pack of classic tables on my account with their magic computery networky internety buttons of theirs.

I am also having this same problem. I hope someone is really looking into it, and they are able to resolve it soon.

I went back and tried again this morning before I went to bed (around 7AM EST). As soon as I loaded up FX2 it asked if I wanted to import the FX Classic Pack because I was a FX owner. Apparently the issue has been fixed. Thanks guys for all your suggestions with this problem.

*EDIT* On a side note. I noticed that for a few days Pinball FX (the first) was available on XBLA. When I was looking on the marketplace this morning it was no longer there. Perhaps that was part of the issue? Maybe since they had it available on Live again it messed with some syncing or something? I don't know but I'm glad it's fixed.
    Last edited by E113; 11-09-2011 at 10:53 PM.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    I went back and tried again this morning before I went to bed (around 7AM EST). As soon as I loaded up FX2 it asked if I wanted to import the FX Classic Pack because I was a FX owner. Apparently the issue has been fixed. Thanks guys for all your suggestions with this problem.

*EDIT* On a side note. I noticed that for a few days Pinball FX (the first) was available on XBLA. When I was looking on the marketplace this morning it was no longer there. Perhaps that was part of the issue? Maybe since they had it available on Live again it messed with some syncing or something? I don't know but I'm glad it's fixed.
    Good to hear that it is working again! I knew Microsoft was working on a fix, but we did not yet have confirmation from them that things were back to normal.

Apparently, when Microsoft was fixing the problem, they realized that Pinball FX was no longer hidden as it should have been and corrected that problem. It would not surprise me if the two issues were linked. I believe that is why we cannot offer PFX1 DLC for sale to allow players to get those extra 50 Achievement points on PFX1.

Oh yeah, It's working now, yay yay yay yay yay yay!!!

Yes it is working now for me too

It seems this problem has risen from the dead. I'm having this issue now. When I try to play speed machine or extreme etc on pinball fx2, it says import detection failed. Yet I can play the original pinball fx fine.

This was really confusing because it throws out the "failed" message instead of telling you that you need to buy the classic tables. So it made me think I needed to buy the original pinball FX game. So I did...and now it's looking like there's a completely separate purchase you can make directly for pinball fx 2 to get the classic tables.

So just to be clear - The only reason I bought the original PinballFX was because when I tried unlocking speed machine, it said that it failed to import rather than just offering to let me buy the collection. This left me with the impression that I had no choice but to buy the original Pinballfx and import the tables.

If the original pinball fx is no longer supported or needed then why keep it on the marketplace?!

Edit: I contacted Microsoft and they resolved the issue for me. For those very few people out there that may still be new to this process, I recommend just downloading the classic tables from PinballFX2, don't mess with the original app..the dlc isn't available anyway.
    Last edited by Frostyglitch; 04-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.