Pinball FX Import Detection Failed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cuthpaste
    • Jul 2012

Tried that and every other potential combination I could come up with.

Comment

• chiralfox
      • Jul 2012

Contacted Xbox Support again, nothing so far. Have an escalation ticket, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

• WildMN34
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Cuthpaste
        Tried that and every other potential combination I could come up with.
        Just to humor me.

You can play the original Pinball FX just fine, and you can play FX2 fine as well, just not with the tables you want to imprt from FX.

Is that correct?

Comment

• Cuthpaste
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by WildMN34
          Just to humor me.

You can play the original Pinball FX just fine, and you can play FX2 fine as well, just not with the tables you want to imprt from FX.

Is that correct?
          Yep, that's correct.

Comment

• stringsevin
            • Jul 2012

same boat

Im having the same problem as everyone else here. I bought fx 1 and cant import to fx 2. I tried all the steps above to see if they would help, but nothing worked. I just wanted to put my cents in. If I can help let me know. To any other posters, any luck getting your ms points back from microsoft?

Comment

• WildMN34
              • Jul 2012

I think I have a friend who has played FX but not FX 2. I'm going to his house on Thursday. I'll try a couple things over there and see.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

• TheIllusionking
                • Aug 2012

Same thing

I started out with Pinball FX 2 with several maps. Love the game and wanted to expand my table collection.

Went to the Xbox Live Marketplace and purchased Pinball FX (1). Installed and played with no issues.

However, I am also receiving the Pinball FX Import Detection Failed message as well. Needless to say, I am kinda bummed out since the whole point of the purchase was to play them in Pinball FX 2.

Hopefully there is some resolution to this as I am pretty excited to continue on the new tables.

Comment

• chiralfox
                  • Jul 2012

No resolution

I tried contacting Xbox Live support again, both calling in and e-mailing the escalation rep. They still don't have a fix, won't credit my account the points, and won't give me the license for the classic pack for Pinball FX2. Apparently, they kicked the issue back to Zen.

I give up. If the issue gets fixed, great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Lily Starr
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by chiralfox
                    I tried contacting Xbox Live support again, both calling in and e-mailing the escalation rep. They still don't have a fix, won't credit my account the points, and won't give me the license for the classic pack for Pinball FX2. Apparently, they kicked the issue back to Zen.

I just bought Pinball Fx, it was 800 points in the group for Pinball Fx2. Hey it makes sense to buy it since it is supposed to import to Pinball Fx 2. But yes it fails to import, I think I know why. I tried following all advice found on the internet, nothing has worked. I believe it is because P Fx does not have any available DLC, and the classic pack for P Fx2 includes the game Buccaneer. I think when the import cant see the Buccaneer game it causes failure. Microsoft should have removed the game P Fx and not just the DLC for the game. I almost feel like it is a deliberate trap for consumers. I am sure they could resolve it but they want to sell the classic pack as well as the P Fx game to all who are willing.

Comment

• Lily Starr
                      • Aug 2012

Microsoft support

Well after a long discussion with Microsoft support, They seem to agree that the Buccaneer game missing from PFX could be the problem with import detection. However they say that the fix can only be made by Zen. So I guess the million dollar question would be, who decides what games and DLC are on or removed from the marketplace. It really seems that both companies would profit from replacing all the available DLC.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by chiralfox

They should be able to refund your points, everyone that I've dealt with has said that Microsoft has credited their points back to their account. Did they say why they wouldn't refund it?

Comment

• Lily Starr
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                          They should be able to refund your points, everyone that I've dealt with has said that Microsoft has credited their points back to their account. Did they say why they wouldn't refund it?
                          I really wish a Zen representative would acknowledge this, I have now bought all of the DLC for Pinball FX2, except for the classic pack. I feel this import detection needs to be addressed. I would buy all Pinball Fx DLC too if it was made available.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Lily Starr
                            I really wish a Zen representative would acknowledge this, I have now bought all of the DLC for Pinball FX2, except for the classic pack. I feel this import detection needs to be addressed. I would buy all Pinball Fx DLC too if it was made available.
                            We are aware of the issue and we've been working with Microsoft to fix it.

Comment

• Final Answer 56
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                              We are aware of the issue and we've been working with Microsoft to fix it.
                              I cant point blame, but obviously the two teams are not playing fair. Pinball Fx2 has been out for 22 months and yet it doesnt work as advertised, at least drop the advertisement that is so decieving. Somebody shoud feel shame.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Final Answer 56
                                I cant point blame, but obviously the two teams are not playing fair. Pinball Fx2 has been out for 22 months and yet it doesnt work as advertised, at least drop the advertisement that is so decieving. Somebody shoud feel shame.
                                Are you also having issues importing tables into PFX2?

Comment

Working...