Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JThomasLambert
    • Oct 2011

Pinball FX Import Detection Failed

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum because it's about FX 2...

Very strange occurrence tonight. I finally bought Pinball Fx 2 after having played the original since its release. After launching it for the first time, it imported some of my original tables--but only the 3 paid DLC tables I had. None of the original collection came in (Speed, Agent, etc). After selecting the classic pack in the main screen and choosing download, I receive a message stating "Pinball FX Import Detection Failed".

I can go back to the original game and play so the license is definitely valid. I've also tried deleting Pinball Fx 2 and re-downloading but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • cobr4a
    • Nov 2011

Import problem

Originally posted by JThomasLambert
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum because it's about FX 2...

Very strange occurrence tonight. I finally bought Pinball Fx 2 after having played the original since its release. After launching it for the first time, it imported some of my original tables--but only the 3 paid DLC tables I had. None of the original collection came in (Speed, Agent, etc). After selecting the classic pack in the main screen and choosing download, I receive a message stating "Pinball FX Import Detection Failed".

I can go back to the original game and play so the license is definitely valid. I've also tried deleting Pinball Fx 2 and re-downloading but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have the same problem, We need a help, please!! thanks.

Comment

• cobr4a
      • Nov 2011

Problem resolved

JThomasLambert I reach on solution. Simply on the pinball fx 2 download the pinball fx core TRIAL on finish download the game will recognized as full 4 tables!
      Here is work, I hope this help you too.

Alex

Comment

• Jenkinss
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cobr4a
        JThomasLambert I reach on solution. Simply on the pinball fx 2 download the pinball fx core TRIAL on finish download the game will recognized as full 4 tables!
        Here is work, I hope this help you too.

Alex
        This didn't work for me. I'm having the same problem.

It doesn't look like the developer frequents their tech help forum very often.

Comment

• Solitude
          KickBeaten Down
          • Mar 2010

The most likely cause is that the original game needs to be updated first.

Comment

• bagofwisdom
            • May 2012

I'm having the same issue. Pinball FX1 is fully updated but FX2 refuses to recognize my prior purchase and unlock the original 4 tables. I have only ever owned ONE Xbox so it's not a license issue with another machine. I also only have the one XBox Live account. I've downloaded the original demo tables and still get the import detection error.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bagofwisdom
              I'm having the same issue. Pinball FX1 is fully updated but FX2 refuses to recognize my prior purchase and unlock the original 4 tables. I have only ever owned ONE Xbox so it's not a license issue with another machine. I also only have the one XBox Live account. I've downloaded the original demo tables and still get the import detection error.
              Sorry to hear that, let me see if I can figure out what the problem is

Comment

• Muldarn
                • May 2012

Originally posted by bagofwisdom
                I have the same problem.

Comment

• Mexpha
                  • May 2012

It seems this problem has come back out of nowhere. I've already made a thread about this, but with no replies and being unsure it was posted in the correct place, I'm just going to copy and paste here, hopefully someone will fix this asap so I haven't wasted my 800MSP.

"Hello there. I'm not sure if I am posting in the right area, but I'm going to be as detailed as possible here to try and inform you of an issue I have encountered.

Yesterday I felt like purchasing a new XBLA game, my friend recommended I try Pinball FX2 as it is fun to play and we could play online together, I said I will give it a go. I paid 800MSP for the game, which I was later informed should have been free, but I most definitely pressed Pinball FX2 in the marketplace!

I went to my games on the Xbox to find Pinball FX there, instead of Pinball FX2. I knew Pinball FX had been de-listed in the past so I was confused by this, but had heard you can import the tables into Pinball FX2 if you had purchased the previous version, so I followed the download Pinball FX2 button from the main menu of Pinball FX, and downloaded Pinball FX2 this time.

Upon going in to the menu of Pinball FX2 and attempting to load up one of the original tables, I was told that import detection of the original tables, had failed. This really bugs me as it feels like 800 of my microsoft points has been swallowed up on nothing. Sure, I have the original product, but everyone else gets that product on the new version also, for free. It's not exactly my fault that the marketplace gave me the wrong download, so therefore I should still be able to play the tables in Pinball FX2, right?

Sorry if I've gone on a little too much here, it's just a bit of a nuisance to spend money on something then not get exactly what I was expecting. Can you please help me resolve the issue of importing the tables into Pinball FX2?

Thanks."

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

I did see your original post, there is no need to post anything twice. I will forward this issue to the team and see what is going on.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Mexpha
                      It seems this problem has come back out of nowhere. I've already made a thread about this, but with no replies and being unsure it was posted in the correct place, I'm just going to copy and paste here, hopefully someone will fix this asap so I haven't wasted my 800MSP.

"Hello there. I'm not sure if I am posting in the right area, but I'm going to be as detailed as possible here to try and inform you of an issue I have encountered.

Yesterday I felt like purchasing a new XBLA game, my friend recommended I try Pinball FX2 as it is fun to play and we could play online together, I said I will give it a go. I paid 800MSP for the game, which I was later informed should have been free, but I most definitely pressed Pinball FX2 in the marketplace!

I went to my games on the Xbox to find Pinball FX there, instead of Pinball FX2. I knew Pinball FX had been de-listed in the past so I was confused by this, but had heard you can import the tables into Pinball FX2 if you had purchased the previous version, so I followed the download Pinball FX2 button from the main menu of Pinball FX, and downloaded Pinball FX2 this time.

Upon going in to the menu of Pinball FX2 and attempting to load up one of the original tables, I was told that import detection of the original tables, had failed. This really bugs me as it feels like 800 of my microsoft points has been swallowed up on nothing. Sure, I have the original product, but everyone else gets that product on the new version also, for free. It's not exactly my fault that the marketplace gave me the wrong download, so therefore I should still be able to play the tables in Pinball FX2, right?

Sorry if I've gone on a little too much here, it's just a bit of a nuisance to spend money on something then not get exactly what I was expecting. Can you please help me resolve the issue of importing the tables into Pinball FX2?

Thanks."
                      Ok, so it looks like this is a Microsoft issue, and they are currently looking into the issue. Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

• TerAs
                        • May 2012

Same Here

Hello

I just bought the PFX2 with PFX2 Core Package table (I already have PFX1 with Rocky&Bullwinkle and Nightmare Mansion) and I can't import the PFX1 tables on PFX2!

I deleted them all and I download them again. But still nothing!

Also I delete Buccaneer table from hard disk and now I cant play (I cant downloaded again) this table on PFX1

Please help me!

Regards

Comment

• Zhin
                          • May 2012

import problem still not resolved

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                          Ok, so it looks like this is a Microsoft issue, and they are currently looking into the issue. Thanks for letting us know!
                          Hi, Zen Studio staff.
                          It's been two weeks now since you posted the reply that Microsoft is looking into it. Whats happening? The problem is still there.

BTW, This problem would not exist if the purchases I made in Pinball FX carried on to Pinball FX 2. Right now if I go to the market I have to buy the tables I have already bought before. That don't even sound legal.

On a more positive note. I like what you've done with the upgrade (Pinball FX 2) I like the new GUI, layout, functions and the new tables. I'm having fun with it, so good job there.

Hope to see this resolved soon.

/Cheers

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Zhin
                            Hi, Zen Studio staff.
                            It's been two weeks now since you posted the reply that Microsoft is looking into it. Whats happening? The problem is still there.

BTW, This problem would not exist if the purchases I made in Pinball FX carried on to Pinball FX 2. Right now if I go to the market I have to buy the tables I have already bought before. That don't even sound legal.

On a more positive note. I like what you've done with the upgrade (Pinball FX 2) I like the new GUI, layout, functions and the new tables. I'm having fun with it, so good job there.

Hope to see this resolved soon.

/Cheers
                            Thanks, I haven't heard anything about a fix, but try going to Xbox Support and see if they can help, it's definitely something on their end.

Comment

• Moulos
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by TerAs
                              Hello

I just bought the PFX2 with PFX2 Core Package table (I already have PFX1 with Rocky&Bullwinkle and Nightmare Mansion) and I can't import the PFX1 tables on PFX2!

I deleted them all and I download them again. But still nothing!

Also I delete Buccaneer table from hard disk and now I cant play (I cant downloaded again) this table on PFX1

Please help me!

Regards
                              Hi

I have the same problem. Could somebody help me resolve this plz?

Comment

Working...