Pinball FX Import Detection Failed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unicycle77
    • Jul 2012

Likewise, I am unable to import my pinball FX tables into pinball FX even though I had paid for the buccaneer table and nightmare mansion. This problem may be on Microsoft's end, but it is the developer/publisher who needs to work with them to get it resolved, not the individual consumers. Please pursue this further, as only those at Zen have the knowledge required to get this fixed with MS. Also, please provide an update to your paying customers. Your product is great, but I'm sad to see this is still an issue after so long.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

So frustrating to hear that this is still happening. There's nothing we can do about it, the problem is on Microsoft's end, so you'll need to get a hold of Xbox Support. We've notified them of these issues several times and seems nothing has been fixed.

Comment

• Cuthpaste
        • Jul 2012

Has there been any movement on this at all with Microsoft from your end? I've been going back and forth with their support team via email and it's like we're speaking two different languages. First email resulted in them telling me to post in a random Pinball FX thread in their Section 8: Prejudice subforum, and then things somehow went downhill.

Those tables are the only ones I don't have access to in FX2 now and it's driving me crazy. Must... have... them... all...

Thanks!

Comment

• shogun00
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Cuthpaste
          Has there been any movement on this at all with Microsoft from your end? I've been going back and forth with their support team via email and it's like we're speaking two different languages. First email resulted in them telling me to post in a random Pinball FX thread in their Section 8: Prejudice subforum, and then things somehow went downhill.
          Try calling them! Several large companies use bots to answer email queries, since the number of emails a CS department gets is far greater than the number of phone calls they get.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Those tables are the only ones I don't have access to in FX2 now and it's driving me crazy. Must... have... them... all...

Thanks!
            I haven't heard anything from Microsoft about this issue, but I would go to their support page and request that they call you, it says the wait time is less than a minute right now: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us#2:0

If not, I have a friend who is an Xbox Live Ambassador, and he said he'd be happy to help if you still need it later on this afternoon
            Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-24-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• chiralfox
              • Jul 2012

Xbox Live Support

I've encountered this same issue, contacted Xbox Live Support, and now the issue has been escalated twice for me. That was about two weeks ago. Based on my experience with technical support (both as a customer and as an employee of various companies), I am not optimistic for a solution in the near future.

My next step will probably be to call support and try to pester them for an 800 point credit so I can simply buy the tables instead of importing them.

Comment

• WildMN34
                • Jul 2012

Hopefully I can help

Hey guys, Barbie asked me to stop in and see if I can help here.

First I will say I am an Xbox Ambassador, but please don't take that as me working for Xbox or Microsoft. I don't do either of them. I'm just a gamer like you guys who volunteers my time to help out other gamers as best I can. I'm not sure if I can fix this issue - but I'll do my best to either fix it or help find someone who can.

Ok, so disclaimer aside. Lets see what we can do here.

First I want to summarize what I've read so far to make sure I've got everything.

The issue seems to be for people who have played Pinball FX and have then upgrade to Pinball FX2, it appears to be all of the tables for some people, and just a few tables for others?

I would like to start a possible solution by basically "Nuking" everything. Can someone who is experiencing this please try the steps below and let me know what the outcome is.

1 - Go into your hard drive and delete both Pinball FX and Pinball FX2 entirely. Delete all tables, and the game.

To do this from the dashboard scroll to the right System Settings >>>Storage>>>HD>>> then find FX and FX2 and delete.

2 - Clear your Xbox System Cache

To do this scroll again to the right System Settings >>> Storage>>> HD now, don't click the HD simply highlight it and you be able to select "Y" for device options. Click Y. In the new menu you can Clear System Cache. This will not affect any of your other game saves, or game progress. It's akin to clearing the cookies off your computer.

3 - Go into your download history and re-download just Pinball FX. Not FX2. I would like this to be as clean and fresh of an install as we can possibly get it.

To access your download history hit your Xbox guide button, scroll to the far right and select Account Management you will then see and option for Download History. You will need to scroll through all your purchases and downloads. Find just Pinball FX and re-download it.

I realize the next couple steps are going to be a little time consuming, but I really want to make sure the install is clean.

Once you have download the original FX. Go ahead and start it up. There should be an update. Once that update is done you'll be on the main FX page. Go ahead and exit out to the dashboard and repeat step 3 above for the original FX tables that you purchased. Restart FX etc.

Once all that is complete, repeat step 3 above and download Pinball FX2. Once that's done go ahead and start that up, there should be an update here as well.

If I am right on what I think the issue is the above steps should correct the issues people are having. If someone could try this and let me know. Hopefully, knock on wood, this works and you guys can go back to enjoying the tables. Let me know and we'll go from there. Or if you have any questions I can help with as well. I'll do my best.

Comment

• Cuthpaste
                  • Jul 2012

Tried all of that before posting here and contacting Microsoft, unfortunately.

I spoke with a Microsoft rep this morning, and while they insisted it wasn't an issue they could fix from their end, they did offer to refund the points I'd spent. Which they did... just not in the way I wanted. I didn't realized she'd done it until I'd gotten off the phone, but she reversed ALL my FX2 purchases over the last year and refunded all the points. Don't think she understood the actual issue, and I'm still going to have to rebuy everything, including the FX tables.

Been at it for a few weeks now and while it's not a great situation, I love the game enough to just buy the old tables again. The original purchase was from 2007, so it's not the end of the world.

Didn't work out totally, but I do appreciate the assistance here. Thanks!

Comment

• WildMN34
                    • Jul 2012

Tried all of that before posting here and contacting Microsoft, unfortunately.

I spoke with a Microsoft rep this morning, and while they insisted it wasn't an issue they could fix from their end, they did offer to refund the points I'd spent. Which they did... just not in the way I wanted. I didn't realized she'd done it until I'd gotten off the phone, but she reversed ALL my FX2 purchases over the last year and refunded all the points. Don't think she understood the actual issue, and I'm still going to have to rebuy everything, including the FX tables.

Been at it for a few weeks now and while it's not a great situation, I love the game enough to just buy the old tables again. The original purchase was from 2007, so it's not the end of the world.

Didn't work out totally, but I do appreciate the assistance here. Thanks!
                    When you did those steps did you do it piece by piece as I suggested, and load up FX, get the update, go back and download the tables, load up FX, then finally download FX2?

If so, can you tell me exactly which tables you had for FX?

Comment

• Cuthpaste
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by WildMN34
                      When you did those steps did you do it piece by piece as I suggested, and load up FX, get the update, go back and download the tables, load up FX, then finally download FX2?

If so, can you tell me exactly which tables you had for FX?
                      I've done those exact steps multiple times over the past few weeks. I even redownloaded my profile yesterday, as a last resort. Just tried to do the whole thing again, step by step, out of curiosity, and I'm still getting the Import Detection Failed error. Something, somewhere, just isn't recognizing that I own FX at all, even though I can still play it fine. Even got a couple of new achievements in FX a few days ago.

I own the original three tables, and the free Buccaneer table. Didn't buy the other tables until FX2 launched. I've tried deleting FX entirely and downloading the trial bundle for those tables in FX2, having both FX and the trial bundle installed, and every other similar combination of things that I could think of. No luck.

From reading that, it seems like this exact issue popped up late last year and Microsoft resolved it fairly quickly. It's been happening this time since as far back as April, though. I've tried everything an end-user could possibly try and it does appear to be something on Microsoft's end.

Comment

• WildMN34
                        • Jul 2012

Cuthpaste,

When you go into Settings, Storage, HD, then FX and FX2 in each of those "folders" can you scroll through them for me.

I'm curious if there is a corrupt file in there somewhere. It will be marked with a yellow or red exclamation mark. (that's just a complete shot in the dark - but I'm curious)

Also, one more questions.

Are you using a Hard drive, or a flash drive for the FX related files?

I'm bound and determined to find a fix for this.

Comment

• Cuthpaste
                          • Jul 2012

All the files are fine. Using a hard drive for both titles.

Comment

• chiralfox
                            • Jul 2012

I've gone through those steps as well at least twice. Redownloaded the profile. No change.

I'm honestly baffled as to what the problem could be, since I would imagine that the only ways that an import could occur would be to check the licenses attached to that Xbox Live account through 1) Xbox Live or 2) through the local file license (though I have no idea how exactly Microsoft stores that information). Either way, it should be a relatively easy fix, which is what makes this frustrating. Well, I'll try calling support tomorrow and see what happens.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Sorry that you guys are still having issues with this, let me know if you're able to find a solution once you call Microsoft. Thanks WildMN34 for your help!

Comment

• WildMN34
                                • Jul 2012

Can someone try this idea next for me please?

Completely delete everything FX related from your HD. Clear the system cache. Then download FX2 (no tables just the base). Load that up. Back out to the dashboard, then go into your download history and re-download the original FX tables that you want to migrate to FX2, and then re-start the FX2 base and see if that works.

I am just trying to see if we can find some method of a combination of things that we can get things to move over and then build from there. I'm committed to trying and find a solution for you guys.
                                Last edited by WildMN34; 07-26-2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Working...