Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lily Starr
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
    We are aware of the issue and we've been working with Microsoft to fix it.
    I tried yet another idea, with same failure result. I did account recovery on a different xbox and then used download history. I am out of ideas, does anyone at Zen have an idea. I have 28 games now and want the last 4. The four that should import from Pinball fx, I dont think I should have to pay again.

Comment

• chiralfox
      • Jul 2012

They should be able to refund your points, everyone that I've dealt with has said that Microsoft has credited their points back to their account. Did they say why they wouldn't refund it?
      The escalation rep said that he couldn't do anything while there was an ongoing investigation. I've replied back with a bit more force (politely, of course). We'll see what happens. At least if Microsoft doesn't do anything, I have Zen Pinball 2 in a few weeks

As an aside to others, if you haven't contacted Microsoft, please do so. Technical issues that get escalated typically get resolved more quickly when there are more cases. Isolated issues tend to sit on the back burners, and while not unique, this doesn't sound like a common issue.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Lily Starr
        I tried yet another idea, with same failure result. I did account recovery on a different xbox and then used download history. I am out of ideas, does anyone at Zen have an idea. I have 28 games now and want the last 4. The four that should import from Pinball fx, I dont think I should have to pay again.

I agree! Don't repurchase them. A couple of people that have called me directly, said they spoke with Microsoft on the phone and that they were able to refund their points (which they could use to purchase the tables that won't import, or use for anything else they like). Keep calling them, and I'll keep bugging them as well so we can get it fixed! The issue is on their side, so unfortunately we can't fix it from our end, but we can make sure they know we are all still in need of a resolution.

Comment

• Final Answer 56
          • Aug 2012

Are you also having issues importing tables into PFX2?
          I havent purchased Pinball Fx2 based on what I have read and experienced with Pinball Fx. I am a member of True Achievements and there are statements there that indicate the DLC was pulled from PFx because they fail on both versions of the game, I dont know who to believe. I dont wish to buy and own games that cannot be completed. Thats what my complaint is, I want the DLC for the first game before I buy into another. True Achievements has a story about a future PFx3 and importing from PFx2, sounds like a gamble.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Final Answer 56
            I havent purchased Pinball Fx2 based on what I have read and experienced with Pinball Fx. I am a member of True Achievements and there are statements there that indicate the DLC was pulled from PFx because they fail on both versions of the game, I dont know who to believe. I dont wish to buy and own games that cannot be completed. Thats what my complaint is, I want the DLC for the first game before I buy into another. True Achievements has a story about a future PFx3 and importing from PFx2, sounds like a gamble.
            This is a small number of people who are having issues. You won't know until you try. We are working with Microsoft on this issue, and I will let everyone know as soon as we figure it out.

Comment

• Lily Starr
              • Aug 2012

Well after a long discussion with Microsoft support, They seem to agree that the Buccaneer game missing from PFX could be the problem with import detection. However they say that the fix can only be made by Zen. So I guess the million dollar question would be, who decides what games and DLC are on or removed from the marketplace. It really seems that both companies would profit from replacing all the available DLC.
              Pinball Fx2 Classic Pack = 108.09 MB
              Pinball Fx = 49.61 MB
              58.48 MB Thats a lot of difference, I still say thats why import detection fails.

Comment

• cwhagen290
                • Aug 2012

I too have tried to recently import my original tables but no luck. I've been reading through several posts where people are having this issue and I've been talking to Xbox support. One thing I've noticed that people haven't even asked is when they purchased the game and/or tables and if they're trying it on the console they originally purchased it on or have the console licenses on that console. I bought the original game about the time it came out. One problem that the guy helping me is having, is that he can only go back a year to verify if I've even purchased the game. I'm wondering if that could be a problem.
                Last edited by cwhagen290; 08-20-2012, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Lily Starr
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cwhagen290
                  I too have tried to recently import my original tables but no luck. I've been reading through several posts where people are having this issue and I've been talking to Xbox support. One thing I've noticed that people haven't even asked is when they purchased the game and/or tables and if they're trying it on the console they originally purchased it on or have the console licenses on that console. I bought the original game about the time it came out. One problem that the guy helping me is having, is that he can only go back a year to verify if I've even purchased the game. I'm wondering if that could be a problem.
                  Hes bluffing, your download history is never deleted, he can see if your gamertag owns it or not.

Comment

• cwhagen290
                    • Aug 2012

Hes bluffing, your download history is never deleted, he can see if your gamertag owns it or not.
                    I doubt he was bluffing, he sat on the phone with me for 40 minutes and even called me back for another 20 minutes trying to fix it. He didn't say it was deleted, he (as in personally) only had access to the one year of purchase history.

Comment

• Lily Starr
                      • Aug 2012

This is a small number of people who are having issues. You won't know until you try. We are working with Microsoft on this issue, and I will let everyone know as soon as we figure it out.
                      I really had a bad day today, but when I finally settled down to my Xbox and Loaded Pinball Fx2, instead of the normal startup. Eureka, I had a message that I could import from Pinball Fx, It worked like a charm, so happy, thanks all who helped.

Comment

• Final Answer 56
                        • Aug 2012

Thanks for informing us, Pinball Fx2 aquired this morning. And the import worked, great stuff.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

I really had a bad day today, but when I finally settled down to my Xbox and Loaded Pinball Fx2, instead of the normal startup. Eureka, I had a message that I could import from Pinball Fx, It worked like a charm, so happy, thanks all who helped.
                          Great news! Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

• chiralfox
                            • Jul 2012

Success!

Ironically, earlier today I got another "reply" from the Microsoft escalation rep indicating that there is no ETA for when the import detection problem will be resolved.

However, I came here and saw that it was working for other people, so I gave it a try. Although the detection error still popped up, it then allowed me to download the classic pack again, and it actually worked. Played two quick games with no problems, and got a couple of achievements.

So I'm glad other people posted here about the import working, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have checked again for a while!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by chiralfox
                              Ironically, earlier today I got another "reply" from the Microsoft escalation rep indicating that there is no ETA for when the import detection problem will be resolved.

However, I came here and saw that it was working for other people, so I gave it a try. Although the detection error still popped up, it then allowed me to download the classic pack again, and it actually worked. Played two quick games with no problems, and got a couple of achievements.

So I'm glad other people posted here about the import working, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have checked again for a while!
                              YAAAAAY!!! I am SO relieved to hear that it is working for you!

If anyone else continues to have issues importing, please let me know!!

Comment

Working...