Thread: Table recommendations anyone?

Question Table recommendations anyone?

Hi!

I'm fairly new to pinball fx, since the paranormal table came out though i've splurged on 8 tables (core fx2 pack and marvel) and dont regret a single penny spent.

However, i have a spare 240 points and was wondering if anyone could suggest a table? It's basically between:

Sorcerer's Lair
    Captain America
    Ms. Splosion Man
    Mars
    Fantastic Four

I'd love to hear which is your favourite table!

Hi mate.

Out of the options presented I would personally say Captain America. They are all decent tables but:

Fantastic Four: Has some nasty bugs at the moment

Mars: Has a very weird mission that can make the game insanely long (too long!)

Ms. Splosion Man: Really is too easy (first table I have thought this about)

Sorcerer's Lair: I haven't purchased myself yet - So can't comment.

Out of all the stand-a-lones though; I think CA is one of the best.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

Default recd

Sorcerer's Lair is VERY addictive!

I second the vote for Captain America. I'm not a huge fan of the character but the table plays very well and the missions aren't nearly as hard as some of the other tables. It's pretty easy to activate the kickbacks and I regularly get high scores.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

I'd say Captain America.

Haven't played enough of Sorcerer's Lair to comment, but it's also a contender.

Sorcerers Lair by a mile, plenty to do and fairly welcoming to a new player.

Smile two

Fantastic Four: perhaps Zens best mid-level table if not their best table
    Captain America: also good
    Sorcerer's Lair: crowd-pleaser, eye-candy, easy
    Mars: slow and painful, maybe a little boring, yet relaxing in a way, hard to get all achievements and to give the time necessary, a challenge
    Splosion Man: too easy and did not gain my interest much though the colors were nice
    Last edited by peglegp; 11-29-2011 at 01:35 AM.

i think i might just have to buy more points and get CA and Sorcerer's lair then! haha thanks for the advice guys, going to go for CA for the mo i think this has turned from a freebie into a very expensive (but great) arcade game!

Out of those my favorites are

Sorcerer's Lair
    Ms. Splosion Man
    Mars

I have not been able to play Sorcerer's Lair much but I have enjoyed the short time I have spent with it.

If you are not great at pinball like myself Ms. Splosion Man is great as you can easily learn how to do everything on the table by just playing.

Mars is long and challenging but easy on the eyes. The music is mellow and refreshing that is until it picks up during a mission.

I say sorcerers lair easily.
    Its got the new sound effects and great graphics, And is a real fun table. The best designing job Zen has done so far IMO.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

I would say Sorcerer's Lair is a great table esp for some one fairly new to the game, personally I'm not a fan of the CA table, FF is i believe a more fun table. I would also recommend Excalibur (just get lots of ms points and buy the lot lol) make sure you can afford the new V&V pack that should be out in a couple of weeks though

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    I would say Sorcerer's Lair is a great table esp for some one fairly new to the game, personally I'm not a fan of the CA table, FF is i believe a more fun table. I would also recommend Excalibur (just get lots of ms points and buy the lot lol) make sure you can afford the new V&V pack that should be out in a couple of weeks though
    Im gonna try to get into CA. Maybe I didn't gve it enough of a chance. It seems like people like it. I just got hooked on spidey and wolverine, so I'm always impatient with it.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    I would say Sorcerer's Lairmake sure you can afford the new V&V pack that should be out in a couple of weeks though
    New pack? Awesome who's going to be in that?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderQuarantine View Post
    New pack? Awesome who's going to be in that?
    Ghostrider
    X-Men
    Thor
    Moon Knight

The new pack will be releasing out in about two weeks.

Sorcerer's Lair without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Sorcerer's Lair without doubt.
    Lol, I also recommend Sorc's Lair, as have a lot of people here... be pretty surprised if you haven't gotten it yet.

Which is curious to me as it is the only table not owned by all mis amigos.

This and Paranormal are the only two I've been playing for nearly a month now. (Besides my daily run through of some Extreme.)

Hi again xD!

So I bought Sorc's Lair the other night after realising I hadn't played FX2 for a couple of weeks and...

I still say CA is a better table personally. I do not really like CA as a character either; so it isn't for the fan fiction - I just like how the table functions and flows.

Sorc's Lair is really good though; I love the new sound design and direction. More improvements can still be made but it is clearly a step in the right direction...

But yeah; I stick with my original vote for CA.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Hi again xD!

So I bought Sorc's Lair the other night after realising I hadn't played FX2 for a couple of weeks and...

I still say CA is a better table personally. I do not really like CA as a character either; so it isn't for the fan fiction - I just like how the table functions and flows.

Sorc's Lair is really good though; I love the new sound design and direction. More improvements can still be made but it is clearly a step in the right direction...

But yeah; I stick with my original vote for CA.
    Wel, opinion was split... so i got more points and bought both, aswell as excalibur, which is surprisingly good. so far, my favourite is CA but I have spent more time on that. They definitely keep upping their game so I cant wait for the next one now!

Also, I have no friends on XBLA who have PFX2 and have scores 30-50mil and 12 tables in counting, and will most likely keep buying slowly til i have them all so would love some people around that (dont mind if your better, somthing to aim for!)
    My GT is UnderQuarantine

Quote Originally Posted by UnderQuarantine View Post
    Also, I have no friends on XBLA who have PFX2 and have scores 30-50mil and 12 tables in counting, and will most likely keep buying slowly til i have them all so would love some people around that (dont mind if your better, somthing to aim for!)
    My GT is UnderQuarantine
    I'm Lepruk86 if you want to add me - I'm too lazy to add people these days but feel free