Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Technical Issues? Post Here

Happy New Year all. Very pleased with the Android version of Pinball FX, it runs great on the Moto G4 and has taken up a lot of my time over the festive period. I've encountered a couple of table bugs during play:

Device: Moto G4 / Android 6.0.1

Table: Might of the First Order
    The tick icon which appears on the left side of the screen regularly gets stuck until the end of the game, pressing or holding it does not clear it from view. This may be caused by event stacking, i.e. triggering an event, but not acknowledging it immediately due to the current ball position.

As a side note, I really struggle with the secondary flippers on this table. Their colour is too similar to the primary flippers which seems to draw my eyes toward the wrong play field (I have the same problem playing this table on PC/Steam). If they were a dark red or other complimentary colour it would make this table more enjoyable to play.

Table: Fear Itself
    Occasionally the ball cannot be launched with the plunger, although the hammer appears to strike the ball it does not move.
    This may be an animation glitch which occurs when the plunger is used before the new ball is ready.

Default Asus Chromebook Flip

I know this is probably a tall order but..

Zen Pinball is SO close to being fully playable in android mode on the Asus Chromebook flip. I know this isnt a huge priority as the tech is still being fiddled with on the Chromebook end. The only real fix needed is to allow for full screen. When i use the full screen button the game crashes and refuses to go to full screen. I know SOME android apps do work in full screen with full functionality on the Chromebook Flip so if this is a simple enough fix it would make me a very happy customer (have bought every single Zen Pinball table on android)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Happy New Year all. Very pleased with the Android version of Pinball FX, it runs great on the Moto G4 and has taken up a lot of my time over the festive period. I've encountered a couple of table bugs during play:

Device: Moto G4 / Android 6.0.1

Table: Might of the First Order
    The tick icon which appears on the left side of the screen regularly gets stuck until the end of the game, pressing or holding it does not clear it from view. This may be caused by event stacking, i.e. triggering an event, but not acknowledging it immediately due to the current ball position.

As a side note, I really struggle with the secondary flippers on this table. Their colour is too similar to the primary flippers which seems to draw my eyes toward the wrong play field (I have the same problem playing this table on PC/Steam). If they were a dark red or other complimentary colour it would make this table more enjoyable to play.

Occasionally the ball cannot be launched with the plunger, although the hammer appears to strike the ball it does not move.
    This may be an animation glitch which occurs when the plunger is used before the new ball is ready.
    Thanks for the report! The Fear itself issue is being looked at but as for the First Order table, here is how the check mark works:

It first appears when you manage to land the ball in the upper loop hole - the same where the fire comes from at Skillshot.

Holding this button during a loop shot or bumper play will activate the Tractor Beam magnet, helping you access the Star Destroyer directly from the loop. Tapping it at the right moment it can also be useful to give the ball a slight momentum to climb the spiral ramp.

Performing any of the two actions above will reduce the number of your Tractor Beam Catches remaining (displayed on the dotmatrix). When this number reaches zero the button will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by ecbremner View Post
    I know this is probably a tall order but..

Zen Pinball is SO close to being fully playable in android mode on the Asus Chromebook flip. I know this isnt a huge priority as the tech is still being fiddled with on the Chromebook end. The only real fix needed is to allow for full screen. When i use the full screen button the game crashes and refuses to go to full screen. I know SOME android apps do work in full screen with full functionality on the Chromebook Flip so if this is a simple enough fix it would make me a very happy customer (have bought every single Zen Pinball table on android)

Thanks
    I've passed your request along to the team

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for the report! The Fear itself issue is being looked at but as for the First Order table, here is how the check mark works:

It first appears when you manage to land the ball in the upper loop hole - the same where the fire comes from at Skillshot.

Holding this button during a loop shot or bumper play will activate the Tractor Beam magnet, helping you access the Star Destroyer directly from the loop. Tapping it at the right moment it can also be useful to give the ball a slight momentum to climb the spiral ramp.

Performing any of the two actions above will reduce the number of your Tractor Beam Catches remaining (displayed on the dotmatrix). When this number reaches zero the button will disappear.

Thank you Barbie, sounds like there's far more to this table than meets the eye!
    The in-game table guide makes more sense now. I think I was slightly thrown by the reference to the launch button which I had associated with the plunger rather than the check mark button.

If there's an industry award for customer service you thoroughly deserve it! (Sadly the best I can offer is a glowing review on the Play store). The development team have performed miracles getting these tables down to around 30mb each, very efficient!

Thank you Barbie, sounds like there's far more to this table than meets the eye!
    The in-game table guide makes more sense now. I think I was slightly thrown by the reference to the launch button which I had associated with the plunger rather than the check mark button.

If there's an industry award for customer service you thoroughly deserve it! (Sadly the best I can offer is a glowing review on the Play store). The development team have performed miracles getting these tables down to around 30mb each, very efficient!
    You're so welcome! Thanks for the kind words and the play store review!

These were made for the console versions of the game so the controls will be a bit different, but we have some really awesome tables guides written by forum member ShoryukenToTheChin on our blog if you're interested: https://blog.zenstudios.com/?page_id=637

Hello,

i have problems with downloading the tables on my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2). I own all tables, but downloading is really hard here. It start downloading 1 or 2 tables, then download stops and nothing happens. I have to cose the app, open and start download again. Sometimes 2 or 3 times till download continues. So i took hours and many, many app restarts to download all tables.
    On my Galaxy S5 its no problem, i get all tables one by one.
    The problem was first on this Tablet with Android 6, now i installed Android 7 and have to install the app again, including all tables. The problem is still the same.
    I tried to copy the table files fom Android/com.zenstudios.ZenPinball/files from my S5 to the Tab S2, but it dont work, i have to download all tables, which is nearly impossible.
    I hope there will be a fix or an information, how to get the downloaded tables on the tablet working.

Regards,
    Andreas

Hey Andreas,

does this happen when you tap on the restore tables icon as well, or only when you try to download individual tables? Would you mind sending a message from inside the app, with the contact us button (the one with the speech bubbles in the top right corner), it's prepopulated with some technical info which can tell us a lot about adressing the issue. Thanks!

I finally got a reproduction on this bug.

When the ball is rising during the Odin lock sequence, the game prompts you to use the plunger (slide finger).
    If you do it before the animation sequence finishes the ball gets stuck and you cannot launch it with the hammer.

Default Celebrating 1 year birthday for the Marvel Pinball issue

Quote Originally Posted by hane12345 View Post
    Hi, I am experiencing a crash on startup with
    Galaxy Tab 3 Android 4.2.2, unrooted vanilla rom.
    With both:
    Alien vs Pinball 1.1.4
    Marvel Pinball 1.7

The Star Wars Pinball 4.0.4 works fine, though.

I have tried reinstalling, clearing cache, rebooting, offline play, installing eithout sd card inserted. I have "reported" many times in the crash dialog with sending system logs, but that is like screaming in space, no answer.

What else should i try?

The issue has been fixed with Alien vs. Pinball 1.1.5.
    Marvel Pinball on the other hand, has not received any updates and is still at version 1.7.
    I enjoyed Marvel Pinball a lot since it wasn't pay to win, or watch ads to win, but you could just pay and play.
    I've got many tables, but not too much time to play nowadays.
    I do not get answers for simple questions, just "we'll get back at you" which never happens.
    I guess I will email Bobby from Zen again.

Default Can't verify game license

Hi im having the same issue with the archer, american dad, family guy, and portal apps.

When i load up the apps i get a popup of "checking game license", This popup will stay up seemingly indefinitely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i really enjoyed them before switching phones.

Default Pixel 2 XL. Zen/marvel/starwars pinball not displaying the whole screen

Just upgraded to a pixel 2 XL and when i pinball it up with my three pinball apps mentioned above and I play horizontally the right side of the screen is cut off regardless of which way i hold it horizontally (90 right or 90 left from the north position). There is a black bar which cuts off the right side menu buttons. This black bar is typically reserved for the back,google assistant, and menu buttons on the bottom of the phone. Other games will remove this black bar to display the entire game on all of the visible screen. On other games I can still swipe to bring up a faded overlay of the back button but on zen products the black bar is there the whole time obscuring the right side of the screen. Please help!

Hey there,
    we are aware of this and the Android developers are working on the optimization but this resolution needs more work to put in than they first thought.
    So sorry about that!
    Wishing you the best!