Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Issues? Post Here

KickBeaten Down

Default Technical Issues? Post Here

If you're having a technical issue such as poor performance, force closing, etc., please post the following information here:
    - The symptoms and their frequency (always, occasional, etc.)
    - The model of your hardware (e.g., Motorola Xoom)
    - The version of Android you are running (e.g., 2.3.4)
    - Anything else we should know (rooting, custom ROM, etc.)

There are a lot of different devices out there that all behave a little differently, so we appreciate your help in tracking down these problems!

Loving the game so far as usual. Just thought I'd let you know the game crashed on me playing Wolverine just after saving a high score. Only happened once so far, but I'll keep you posted.

Ipad 2
    IOS 5 (newest one whichever that is)
    Not rooted or anything. Brand new Ipad 2 =)

First of all why Zen Pinball isn't on my Android Market... I found it by link from Tegra Zone, the market page loads, but downloading is impossible... Why? My tablet is on Android 3.0.1. I get apk from another source... it isn't piracy but there is no way to get it from source!

Second I have v 0.91 on Sorcer's Lair on bonus stage - when voice is calling something like "this will be your prison" - the view Pan's to left and the flippers are frozen even when ball lands in the hole and scenery back to the normal pinball table. The same situation i found on my Iphone's 4 version. It is normal or some kind of bug?

Please release normal version for Android 3.x tablets, because I wan't buy and try anther tables!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by wiewiorcwaniak View Post
    First of all why Zen Pinball isn't on my Android Market... I found it by link from Tegra Zone, the market page loads, but downloading is impossible... Why? My tablet is on Android 3.0.1. I get apk from another source... it isn't piracy but there is no way to get it from source!

Second I have v 0.91 on Sorcer's Lair on bonus stage - when voice is calling something like "this will be your prison" - the view Pan's to left and the flippers are frozen even when ball lands in the hole and scenery back to the normal pinball table. The same situation i found on my Iphone's 4 version. It is normal or some kind of bug?

Please release normal version for Android 3.x tablets, because I wan't buy and try anther tables!
    The bug you describe is one we know about and are fixing ASAP.

What is the Brand and Model of your tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    The bug you describe is one we know about and are fixing ASAP.

What is the Brand and Model of your tablet?
    Notion Ink Adam - it is the same as Acer Iconia (it has ported version of Android 3.x from Iconia).

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by wiewiorcwaniak View Post
    Notion Ink Adam - it is the same as Acer Iconia (it has ported version of Android 3.x from Iconia).
    Ah, I think that is the problem. That tablet doesn't officially support Android 2.3.3 or higher or even the Android Marketplace unless you root it. Therefore, we can't add it to the list of compatible devices that can see the game on the Marketplace. You'll have to continue using a workaround to get the game, but with that tablet you should be used to doing things the hard way

Ah, I think that is the problem. That tablet doesn't officially support Android 2.3.3 or higher or even the Android Marketplace unless you root it. Therefore, we can't add it to the list of compatible devices that can see the game on the Marketplace. You'll have to continue using a workaround to get the game, but with that tablet you should be used to doing things the hard way
    Maybe (I have Market and tablet is rooted)... but other THD games are avalible for download from Market. So my question is when i download new version from other source (i am not promote piracy) there is some way to buy table from App-In Purchase? Or this will be impossible or sth. Maybe problem is not on my Tablet - maybe this is common to problems similar to Galaxy Tab 10.1, their also couldn't get Zen Pinball from market am I right?

EDIT: I have a small suggestion, maybe in a future update add the support for USB, for example, my tablet, has 2 usb ports. You could then connect a USB keyboard (flippers assign the Shift keys), or add support for the game pads like on Riptide GP did. In the Market There are several programs that allow you to connect with the PS3 game pad or other, and the Android 3.x allows you to work with USB gamepads.
    Last edited by wiewiorcwaniak; 12-01-2011 at 05:46 PM.

KickBeaten Down

It's possible that other THD games show as available because they don't require Android 2.3.3 like we do.

I am not sure whether the compatibility filter will prevent you from making in-app purchases. If it does, there's very little we can do about it.

The issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is different. It meets the required specs and therefore will be re-added to the list of compatible devices once we've done the relevant update.

We are definitely looking into adding USB controller support. But we want to work on bugs and technical issues first.

It's possible that other THD games show as available because they don't require Android 2.3.3 like we do.

I am not sure whether the compatibility filter will prevent you from making in-app purchases. If it does, there's very little we can do about it.

The issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is different. It meets the required specs and therefore will be re-added to the list of compatible devices once we've done the relevant update.

We are definitely looking into adding USB controller support. But we want to work on bugs and technical issues first.
    Ok thanks today everything is working properly - now it is possible to download Zen Pinball from Market.
    Now waiting for hardware keys support and it will be great fun.

I get a crash and can't send any report issue...

- Frequency: Always.
    - Hardware model: Motorola Milestone 2 (A953)
    - Android Version: 2.3.4
    - Rooting, custom ROM, chainfire.

Anyway, in the market It's say that the game is compatible with Motorola A953.

Any help? Thanks!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySonicO View Post
    I get a crash and can't send any report issue...

- Frequency: Always.
    - Hardware model: Motorola Milestone 2 (A953)
    - Android Version: 2.3.4
    - Rooting, custom ROM, chainfire.

Anyway, in the market It's say that the game is compatible with Motorola A953.

Any help? Thanks!
    Hmm, that device shouldn't be listed as compatible. The game only runs on Tegra-based devices. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to get it working on a PowerVR-based phone.

FYI - Galaxy Tab 10.1 issues should be resolved. Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Default App continues to run after closing it.

Beautiful game, thanks for making it! I'm not sure if this qualifies as a technical issue; when I quit the game it keeps a process running on the phone and makes it feel laggy. Is this a bug or by design? I really enjoy the game but having to go into 'manage apps' after playing isn't a feature I enjoy. G2X cm7.

Quote Originally Posted by AARPS View Post
    Beautiful game, thanks for making it! I'm not sure if this qualifies as a technical issue; when I quit the game it keeps a process running on the phone and makes it feel laggy. Is this a bug or by design? I really enjoy the game but having to go into 'manage apps' after playing isn't a feature I enjoy. G2X cm7.
    Yes indeed the process is still working, probably Zen Studio could make - real Exit button it is good idea. For now you could use some Task Killer/Manager from Android Market and kill this process manually.

Default Buying additional tables

Hi, i live in turkey. Android market is closed to our country. We can only download free aps or we can buy apps if the releaser sells it through it's website... So i guess, te appin purchase system tries to connect to android market to buy other tables. As a result i can't purchase any of them. Is there a solution for this. Because i really want to play all tables

Default Gateway tab a60 can not play this game

I have a Gateway Tab A60 which came stock loaded with 3.1 honeycomb and is now running 3.2. It is identical to the Iconia, and is not rooted. I wave tried to install this game from the device's android market, The market on my PC and also through the tegra zone app that came stock installed on my tablet. This game is absolutely impossible for me to get and am wondering why?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by taylankiran View Post
    Hi, i live in turkey. Android market is closed to our country. We can only download free aps or we can buy apps if the releaser sells it through it's website... So i guess, te appin purchase system tries to connect to android market to buy other tables. As a result i can't purchase any of them. Is there a solution for this. Because i really want to play all tables
    Me too I can't buy other tables, it says "connecting.." forever. We need a solution, for example 'purchasing from website' as Gameloft does.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by eyimen View Post
    Me too I can't buy other tables, it says "connecting.." forever. We need a solution, for example 'purchasing from website' as Gameloft does.
    I'm not sure what kinds of workarounds are available for in-app purchasing. It's going to be a different problem than simply purchasing an app. We'll look into it.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by bcsc View Post
    I have a Gateway Tab A60 which came stock loaded with 3.1 honeycomb and is now running 3.2. It is identical to the Iconia, and is not rooted. I wave tried to install this game from the device's android market, The market on my PC and also through the tegra zone app that came stock installed on my tablet. This game is absolutely impossible for me to get and am wondering why?
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Are you able to see and install other Tegra Zone games?

Question Performance issues.

Asus Transformer TF-101
    Honeycomb 3.2.1
    Unrooted

First I'd like to say this is THE best pinball app I've ever played, and I look forward to future additions to the three amazing sets I'm currently playing.

I've noticed a consistent decrease in performance during multi-ball play. It doesn't matter which of the 3 games it is- it happens every time, despite ensuring any other non-essential apps are closed.

I've also noticed a gradual decrease in overall performance the longer I play the game in general. Exiting the game, clearing the cache and force closing restores performance to original levels, but over time the issue returns.

Is this something I should expect from the game, given the specifications of my tablet? I have not experienced choppy game play playing other Tegra targeted apps, such as Shadowgun, but I also knw that it is unfair to draw comparisons between games.

Are you able to see and install other Tegra Zone games?
    Yes, I have just tried Dungeon Defender, Venedetta Online, Galaxy on fire 2, and Princess Punt, and all of them work.

Another issue... Volverine's Table - the table is freezing :/

Edit: Tested on arcade effects off and on (the same issue).

Then there is no way to kill the Zen Pinball process on memory. Sometimes the tablet is restarting.
    Last edited by wiewiorcwaniak; 12-14-2011 at 01:49 AM.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by bcsc View Post
    Yes, I have just tried Dungeon Defender, Venedetta Online, Galaxy on fire 2, and Princess Punt, and all of them work.
    We don't have the device on our "blacklist" - we will try to figure out why you can't see it.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by codebluechris View Post
    Asus Transformer TF-101
    Honeycomb 3.2.1
    Unrooted

First I'd like to say this is THE best pinball app I've ever played, and I look forward to future additions to the three amazing sets I'm currently playing.

I've noticed a consistent decrease in performance during multi-ball play. It doesn't matter which of the 3 games it is- it happens every time, despite ensuring any other non-essential apps are closed.

I've also noticed a gradual decrease in overall performance the longer I play the game in general. Exiting the game, clearing the cache and force closing restores performance to original levels, but over time the issue returns.

Is this something I should expect from the game, given the specifications of my tablet? I have not experienced choppy game play playing other Tegra targeted apps, such as Shadowgun, but I also knw that it is unfair to draw comparisons between games.
    Thanks for the report - we will look into this issue.

We don't have the device on our "blacklist" - we will try to figure out why you can't see it.
    Thank you. I will keep looking for a response. I appreciate the time.

Default Galaxy TAB 10.1 samsung keyboard dock problem

With the Galaxy TAB 10.1 samsung keyboard dock it's not possible to use
    the right flip and to launch the ball. For launcing the ball the spacebar button would be nice.

Hope you can fix this!

kind regards

Thanks for the report - we will look into this issue.
    UPDATE-

I reinstalled the game, and the gradual decrease in performance I described with the Transformer has not returned. Choppy/slow performance during multi-ball play persists.

Droid X2 here.
    Android version 2.3.4 (with as much as possible closed, although Android doesn't let me shut down as much as I'd like.)

The frame rate is pretty sketchy a lot of the time. All three of the Marvel tables run smoother than Sorcerer's Lair. I've got the scoreboard and arcade effects off. The thing is, particularly on Wolverine and Thor, there are relatively long periods (15-20 second stretches) where the game is running right. Probably 20-25 fps. Then it will dip back down into the 3-5 fps range. If it's something my phone is doing in the background, it's not announcing it to me.

If I'm playing and the phone goes into sleep/lock mode, when I unlock the phone again the pinball is gone and I have to restart it. Everything else I use and play just sleeps when that happens, like a 3DS being snapped shut mid-game. (At worst, I'll have to find the app again and re-click it to restore things to where we were.) Edit: This one is intermittent. It seems to be ok as long as you're on a menu, it just gets crashy when it has to sleep while you're actually on a table.

If I have the phone plugged in to the pc by usb for charging, the tables won't start at all. It will let me select them, and try to load them, and then just crash back out to the Home screen. Edit: This doesn't happen with the power charger plugged into a wall socket, as far as I can tell, only when you're USB charging from the pc.
    Last edited by Thirdrail; 12-22-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Default Flipper issues

I see that a few people have raised this issue but I haven't seen a solution. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 rooted with the latest operating system. I absolutely love Zen Pinball but consistently have issues with both flippers not working at the most inopportune times. Is there a solution yet?

Unhappy Zen Pinball load problem on Glaxy Tab 10.1

Hi, Can anyone help please. Got galaxy 10.1 tab for Christmas and downloaded Zen Pinball THD. Problem is the app won't open giving message "The application ZenPinball THD (process com.zenstudios.Zen Pinball) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again - Force close or Report"
    I've reported but would really like to play this game. Any idea what the problem might be please?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by bigals55 View Post
    Hi, Can anyone help please. Got galaxy 10.1 tab for Christmas and downloaded Zen Pinball THD. Problem is the app won't open giving message "The application ZenPinball THD (process com.zenstudios.Zen Pinball) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again - Force close or Report"
    I've reported but would really like to play this game. Any idea what the problem might be please?
    I'll get back to you on this soon.

any ideas yet, solitude? thanks

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by bigals55 View Post
    any ideas yet, solitude? thanks
    Still waiting on a response from the dev team. In the meantime, have you tried
    a) checking for a system software update
    b) uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

hi there,

been playing the sorcerer table for about 2 weeks now and just wanted to report game works fine on my asus transformer tf101 unrooted.

a thing that i am missing is antialiasing.

is it possible to make this option available for tegra2 devices ?

i really miss a smooth pixelfree table.

i don't have any performance issues, no significant decrease in performance with multiball either and think there should be room for some small level antialiasing where it is needed.

i will go and buy one of the marvel tables soon.

i would have done this earlier but i don't like to pay with my credit card on the net. google does not offer the option to pay with paypal, and my credit card company just recently froze my account for about 4 weeks because of a possbile internet credit card data theft. i had this a year ago and am just using about 3 sites that are very safe to pay.

so credit card payment via the google market is not a real option for me. i do not trust google in any way, there are so many ways on the android platform to fetch the credit card data by a trojan of some sort.

could you maybe implement a paypal paying system on the zen site or something outside of google ?

ah yes, i nearly forgot, would love to see the street fighter table on android !!

Default Can't purchase tables

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (current firmware, not rooted) and when i try to purchase any additional table the Google account login pops up asking for my password. I enter the password (and yes I know it's correct!) but nothing happens. The login box doesn't go away and I'm unable to continue. Uninstalled, rebooted... no joy. Little help?

Default Not compatible with my device

Hi,

I cant install this from the market since it says that its not compatible with my device.
    I have a Packard Bell Liberty Tab with Android 3.2.1
    It has a Tegra 2 and is almost identical to the Acer Iconia Tab A500.

Exclamation Problem with download

Hi ,

I wanted to buy Excalibur table but game was just hanging with message " Please Wait " ,
    so after few hours i reinstalled game and now i got same thing " Please Wait " when i try to download tables (all of them) that i allredy paid for . Order number was sent to your support .
    Using Asus transformer , game was working fine on it untill now .
    Sry for bad english

So far, I only have issues with the left flipper not responding occasionally, and the enters in the highscore prompt on the Excalibur table aren't all in order. W and V are mixed up.

Asus EEE Transformer Pad TF01
    Happy Zen Pinball Android Customer
    ASUS Transformer TF101

Default Paid for table not downloading

First off, love the game. Great you guys added a free table. Enjoyed the game so much I decided to buy the wolverine table. Purchased the table, but when it attempts to download to my Toshiba Thrive tablet (Android 3.2.1) it crashes the app. Any help with this matter will be much appreciated.

Default Additional Info

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyFix View Post
    First off, love the game. Great you guys added a free table. Enjoyed the game so much I decided to buy the wolverine table. Purchased the table, but when it attempts to download to my Toshiba Thrive tablet (Android 3.2.1) it crashes the app. Any help with this matter will be much appreciated.
    Sorry, forgot to mention. My Toshiba Thrive tablet (Android 3.2.1) is not rooted.

You tried rebooting the tablet? I'm guessing you probably did, but if not, it's worth a try. Turning the device off and on again has fixed about 90% of all the problems I've had with all Android and iOS devices.

KickBeaten Down

What exactly do you see before it crashes? Does the download window appear and downloading start, or does it crash before that?

Hey guys..

I have an issue where Feint keeps loading up.

At first, I would occasionally just see a toast that said "Welcome back" or "network issues".. but lately it now brings me to the Feint introduction screen randomly when waking up the tablet(as if i never setup my feint account). The first couple times it happened, I thought maybe I tapped the ZP icon as i picked it up, but it's happening enough that I know that's not the case(happening when i wake the device to a screen that doesn't have the icon on it, and i've never accidentally launched anything else while unlocking)

If I choose the "use feint" option, it loads up ZP. I haven't tried the skip option.

If I load ZP on my own, and click on the Feint button, I am properly logged in and everything is normal.

This may also be causing battery drain as well.. it seems like my tablet dies faster when i leave it sitting around unless I turn wifi off(never had to do this before)

My device is the Asus Transformer running the stock Honeycomb 3.2 build

Thanks for an otherwise awesome game!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by esmoger View Post
    Hey guys..

I have an issue where Feint keeps loading up.

At first, I would occasionally just see a toast that said "Welcome back" or "network issues".. but lately it now brings me to the Feint introduction screen randomly when waking up the tablet(as if i never setup my feint account). The first couple times it happened, I thought maybe I tapped the ZP icon as i picked it up, but it's happening enough that I know that's not the case(happening when i wake the device to a screen that doesn't have the icon on it, and i've never accidentally launched anything else while unlocking)

If I choose the "use feint" option, it loads up ZP. I haven't tried the skip option.

If I load ZP on my own, and click on the Feint button, I am properly logged in and everything is normal.

This may also be causing battery drain as well.. it seems like my tablet dies faster when i leave it sitting around unless I turn wifi off(never had to do this before)

My device is the Asus Transformer running the stock Honeycomb 3.2 build

Thanks for an otherwise awesome game!
    So what you are saying is that there is an OpenFeint process running even when pinball is not? Does it do this if you have not loaded ZP since rebooting, or does it only happen after you've run ZP at least once?

What exactly do you see before it crashes? Does the download window appear and downloading start, or does it crash before that?

I click on the wolverine table icon. It says "you are about to download a large amount of data". Then I click yes. Boom crash. force close or report.

I click on the wolverine table icon. It says "you are about to download a large amount of data". Then I click yes. Boom crash. force close or report.
    Figured it out, I didn't have enough space on my internal sdcard. Deleted some things, now I'm good. Thanks

So what you are saying is that there is an OpenFeint process running even when pinball is not?
    Yes -and not just that OpenFeint is running in the background- but that it activates itself. Mostly it has been when waking up the tablet after sleeping a while, but last night OpenFeint popped up while I was reading something in the web browser.

Does it do this if you have not loaded ZP since rebooting, or does it only happen after you've run ZP at least once?
    Good question.. I'll have to get back to you on that. I'll reboot the tablet tonight and avoid using ZP to see if Open Feint activates.

KickBeaten Down

Figured it out, I didn't have enough space on my internal sdcard. Deleted some things, now I'm good. Thanks
    OK, great! Still a bug, obviously, that we're not handling it properly.

Update on my OpenFeint issue -

I rebooted the tablet last night and didn't launch ZP. Checked a few times during the evening and this morning and OpenFeint never activated itself.. so it seems to be an issue only once ZP is launched.

Thanks again, looking forward to more tables!

Unhappy can't download

Hi Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I have a toshiba thrive and downloaded thor and excalibur from zen. Problem is it's starts to download then stops about 1-3 minutes later and says. "An error coccured while downloading. Please try again later." once that happens i cant download any othe three tables period that error message jsut pops up immediately. No internet issue's tried on two different fast connecxtions and have the exact same problem. If I uninstall the game and clear the cahce I cant staart downloading again then whamo it stalls and says an error has occured blah blah blah. Even IF dont clear the cache and reinstall it will start the downloads again. Very furstrated have a few of their games on the xbox 360 and love it and havent had a problem. I've emailed them (xzen) twice and gotten no resposnse. I know it's only 5 bucks. But at least reply to my email.

Default fixed

Nevermind I reset my tablet and it works. Mus have been some junk. Greta games

Quote Originally Posted by mikeswcal View Post
    Hi Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I have a toshiba thrive and downloaded thor and excalibur from zen. Problem is it's starts to download then stops about 1-3 minutes later and says. "An error coccured while downloading. Please try again later." once that happens i cant download any othe three tables period that error message jsut pops up immediately. No internet issue's tried on two different fast connecxtions and have the exact same problem. If I uninstall the game and clear the cahce I cant staart downloading again then whamo it stalls and says an error has occured blah blah blah. Even IF dont clear the cache and reinstall it will start the downloads again. Very furstrated have a few of their games on the xbox 360 and love it and havent had a problem. I've emailed them (xzen) twice and gotten no resposnse. I know it's only 5 bucks. But at least reply to my email.

Default Change Views on Tablet

I'm using an Asus Transformer Prime with ICS non-rooted, and have an issue with changing the views. Every time I touch the camera icon, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? It would be helpful to have a help file available as to how to handle this.

BTW: I have three tables (so far) and LOVE the game. The only issue that I have is that I'm not that fond of the superheroes stuff. I'm all over Excalibur, but haven't really enjoyed Fantastic Four much. I'd love some updates to classic pinball games, or new content that isn't comic-book related.

Quote Originally Posted by esmoger View Post
    Update on my OpenFeint issue -

I rebooted the tablet last night and didn't launch ZP. Checked a few times during the evening and this morning and OpenFeint never activated itself.. so it seems to be an issue only once ZP is launched.

Thanks again, looking forward to more tables!
    Still not having that issue.. I guess the reboot solved it. Sorry for the false alarm.

Now more tables please!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by FragU View Post
    I'm using an Asus Transformer Prime with ICS non-rooted, and have an issue with changing the views. Every time I touch the camera icon, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? It would be helpful to have a help file available as to how to handle this.

BTW: I have three tables (so far) and LOVE the game. The only issue that I have is that I'm not that fond of the superheroes stuff. I'm all over Excalibur, but haven't really enjoyed Fantastic Four much. I'd love some updates to classic pinball games, or new content that isn't comic-book related.
    Have you launched the ball yet? I believe the camera view is locked while the launch camera is active. Once the ball is in play, you should be able to use the camera icon to change the view.

Default Sound issues on IPAD

I am not able to get any sound to work on any of the tables that I have downloaded. I am using a IPAD 1 - latest software - the game works perfect except for the sound

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    I am not able to get any sound to work on any of the tables that I have downloaded. I am using a IPAD 1 - latest software - the game works perfect except for the sound
    Thanks for letting us know! Someone reported having the same problem last week, I let the team know, hopefully we can figure out what's going on soon.

I watched a video of the 3DS Zen Pinball and it seems to be running smoother than the iPad 1 version. I looked up the specs and I'm under the impression that the iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4, should be capable of running just as smooth. I have been a bit disappointed with older models of the iOS devices not getting taken full advantage of and I'm hoping this won't be the case.

Also on iPad 1, I noticed a glitch with Excalibur. Sometimes, when I hit the ball on the side of the middle ramp, it switches with the ball in play. Sometimes the ball in play gets stuck in the area with the ball in the middle of the playfield. This doesn't happen too often, but it has happened more than once. I also had to tilt the table in order to get the ball unstuck.

Edit: Downloaded the update. The flippers seem smoother now and the glitch seems to be fixed, but I'm still getting the prompt asking for apple ID and password that has been mentioned on the iOS forum.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 02-15-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Exclamation Epic Quest

I have downloaded Epic Quest 3 times and it doe snot appear active on list of boards? It still appears greyed out. How do I make it active so I can play it? I have an ASUS Transformer Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantanorth View Post
    I have downloaded Epic Quest 3 times and it doe snot appear active on list of boards? It still appears greyed out. How do I make it active so I can play it? I have an ASUS Transformer Prime.
    i'm having the same problems on my galaxy tab 10.1 i got payment reciet from market place but unable to dl table

Hello,

I've installed the game but it remains stuck on the loading screen, no matter how long I wait.
    I'm using a Transformer Prime with latest firmware (ICS 4.0.3).

I tried to reboot and I reinstalled the game, but I haven't been able to play so far :/

I'm having the same issue on g2x stock 2.3. I've DLed over wifi and 4g and have tried clearing the cache on the app to no avail.

Default Stuck on Table loading

I am having the same problem as a previous poster. I am getting stuck on the table loading screen. I have let it sit there for quite some time with no luck. I am running a Transformer Prime 4.03 with latest firmware, no root .

It was working great up until the last game update that I believe was earlier this week. I too have tried uninstalling, redownloading, rebooting with no luck. Otherwise it has been an awsome game.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsRage View Post
    I am having the same problem as a previous poster. I am getting stuck on the table loading screen. I have let it sit there for quite some time with no luck. I am running a Transformer Prime 4.03 with latest firmware, no root .

It was working great up until the last game update that I believe was earlier this week. I too have tried uninstalling, redownloading, rebooting with no luck. Otherwise it has been an awsome game.

Thanks.
    Same as above, Transformer Prime, ICS, Rooted
    Sorcerers Lair worked until last update now gets stuck at loading screen.
    Tried clear cache and clear data but still same, wolverine table still works fine.
    Please fix and I promise i will buy some more tables :-)

I posted this in my own thread too but maybe you can help me here.

I bought the Wolverine table but then my tablet crashed and I had to do a hard reset. The game automatically reinstalled but I know longer have my purchased table. I still have a receipt email but cant figure out how I can get the table back. Is there an answer? Much appreciated.

Using ASUS Transformer TF101

Quote Originally Posted by I AM 113 View Post
    I posted this in my own thread too but maybe you can help me here.

I bought the Wolverine table but then my tablet crashed and I had to do a hard reset. The game automatically reinstalled but I know longer have my purchased table. I still have a receipt email but cant figure out how I can get the table back. Is there an answer? Much appreciated.

Using ASUS Transformer TF101
    I'll look into it for you

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I'll look into it for you
    Thanks. If I can get the table back then I will definitely purchase more in the future. I love the game. I just wouldn't buy more if there was the possibility of losing them down the line. Never can trust technology :-P

Default Working after today's update

AFter downloading the update today - the table now shows as active

Quote Originally Posted by AARPS View Post
    I'm having the same issue on g2x stock 2.3. I've DLed over wifi and 4g and have tried clearing the cache on the app to no avail.
    I can now do and play Epic Quest. Thx ZEN!

Default Epic Quest

ordered Epic Quest
    downloaded it multi times and it doesnt activate says download complete
    I have a Acer A500
    Adroid 3.2.1
    no customs settings

All Fixed updated and good to go
    Last edited by Etalicus; 02-17-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ma2t View Post
    Hello,

I've installed the game but it remains stuck on the loading screen, no matter how long I wait.
    I'm using a Transformer Prime with latest firmware (ICS 4.0.3).

I tried to reboot and I reinstalled the game, but I haven't been able to play so far :/
    I've downloaded the update and it's working fine now, thank you :-)

The game has gotten a bit flaky since the last update.

Epic Quest often doesn't end. When I lose my last ball it just sits there. The game is still running, but doesn't respond to input, unless I hit the back key, where I can resume or restart.

It acts like the high score initials input dialog is running, but none is displayed.

When I press the home button in the menu (the game's home button, not the android one), the game just quits at times, where usually it would take me to the home screen to choose a new table.
    ASUS Transformer TF101

Just updated epic quest now working fine on my 10.1 tab thanks zen

I'm on iPad 1, iOS 5.01.

I noticed the very bottom of the screen is cut off on all tables when played in landscape (horizontal) mode. This is most troublesome with the Wolverine table since it makes the plunger meter harder to judge.

I also like how the balls look better in Thor and Excalibur (haven't played Epic Quest yet) compared to earlier tables on iOS. Any plans to change the ball for earlier tables?

There were complaints of preformance issues with Epic Quest on the iOS forum. Not sure how bad they are, since I don't have the table yet, but I found the framerate to be mostly stable on the other tables and the game plays great now that the input problem has been fixed. One thing is that, as I said, the 3DS version seemed to be a bit smoother, telling from videos I have seen, despite iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4 having higher specs, but it could be the video playing tricks on me.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 02-17-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Default Epic quest

the loot hole on Epic Quest when it shoots the ball to the left lane of the board the ball falls behind the monster target or punch target and gets stuck.

I have all the boards and i am addicted to the game
    plays great on the Acer A100 7inch tablet rooted with honeybar hides the bar and stops notifications from getting in the way. Or accidently hitting the home or back button.

Could you make the game use the full screen with this being used. like Netflix and you tube are able to.

Thanks and great work guys and gals

If someone could PM me when they have an answer for me, that would be great. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by I AM 113 View Post
    If someone could PM me when they have an answer for me, that would be great. Just saying.
    i just re downloaded the game with no charge after i did a factory reset on my tablet it is all through the Google market for your device so you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by max69power View Post
    i just re downloaded the game with no charge after i did a factory reset on my tablet it is all through the Google market for your device so you should be fine.
    I could've sworn I tried that and it came up asking me to buy again but now that I double clicked on the table it just started downloading. Thanks. I feel dumb but like I said, I'm pretty sure I tried it before with no avail

Default Epic Quest stays greyed out

I have downloaded Epic Quest 6 times (download succesfull) but it doesn't appear active on the list of tables? It stays greyed out. I have rebooted my tablet several times. How do I make it active so I can play it ? I have an ASUS Transformer TF101.

I have received a confirmation of the payment.

I like your Pinball game very much and want to buy more tables, but only if it works.

Talking request

I have the iconia a500. I tried plugging in a keyboard and tried a gamepad. Only the left flipper works on them. I would like to see support for gamepads and keyboards. Bluetooth keyboard would be cool too.

Also sometimes Epic Quest hangs after a game. Sometime the game sits there after the last ball drains. Sometimes it hangs on the loading screen after a game.

All in all one of my favorite pinball games for any digital platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    I have downloaded Epic Quest 6 times (download succesfull) but it doesn't appear active on the list of tables? It stays greyed out. I have rebooted my tablet several times. How do I make it active so I can play it ? I have an ASUS Transformer TF101.

I have received a confirmation of the payment.

I like your Pinball game very much and want to buy more tables, but only if it works.
    Have you checked to see if you downloaded the latest update from android market? There was a previous post mentioning once they updated, the table appeared.

Default Epic Quest stays greyed out

Quote Originally Posted by robotronjohn View Post
    Have you checked to see if you downloaded the latest update from android market? There was a previous post mentioning once they updated, the table appeared.
    Thank you robotronjohn, that did the trick

I also would like support for a keyboard (Asus Transformer TF101 with Asus docking keyboard).

Default Pausing All The Time

The game has been pausing itself at random almost nonstop ever since installing Epic Quest. It used to do it every so often on Thor and Excalibur but it has gotten to be almost nonstop with Epic Quest.. and has spread to the other games too. I tried uninstalling and re-installing and Sorcerer's Lair works great.. but as soon as I re-install Epic Quest, everything goes bad again. This isn't like lag or jittery game play... it literally pauses and goes to the pause screen. I have to click on Resume Game to go back to it and a lot of the time it instantly pauses again. Its almost impossible to play at this point.

Model: Dell Streak 7

Quote Originally Posted by BYTES007 View Post
    The game has been pausing itself at random almost nonstop ever since installing Epic Quest. It used to do it every so often on Thor and Excalibur but it has gotten to be almost nonstop with Epic Quest.. and has spread to the other games too. I tried uninstalling and re-installing and Sorcerer's Lair works great.. but as soon as I re-install Epic Quest, everything goes bad again. This isn't like lag or jittery game play... it literally pauses and goes to the pause screen. I have to click on Resume Game to go back to it and a lot of the time it instantly pauses again. Its almost impossible to play at this point.

Model: Dell Streak 7
    I'm having the exact same issue.
    Dell streak 7
    Android 3.2

Default freezes and crashes on Transformer TF 101

Device: Transformer TF-101
    ROM: Stock OTA ICS update , unrooted

Hi, all,

I've had and enjoyed Zen Pinball for my transformer for a couple of months, now, and it ran remarkably smoothly until the ICS update was pushed out yesterday. Now, I get frequent but not constant lockups, freezes, and crashes. And, since this isn't your fault ( and the update has only been out for a day or so I didn't think it was fair to go to the market and 1- star you.

Just wanted to let you all know that there are complaints in the market about this by other people as well.

Let meow if you needed any more info.

Thanks,

Brian

Same here, I got ICS on my Transformer today, and Zen is dead in the water as soon as a table loads. The screen goes black and it just quits to the desktop.

As for the above mentioned OpenFeint issues. OpenFeint does that stuff in other games too. It's gotten to the point where a few games, such as Sentinel 3, have gone ahead and completely removed it from the game per user request.
    ASUS Transformer TF101

Default ics tf101 crash issue

So i was having the same problem as the previous posts, i also unistalled nd reinstalled and was still having the same issue, then i powered down and rebooted my transformer tf101 and tried launching pinball and it worked, not sure if it will work for others but worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjaster View Post
    So i was having the same problem as the previous posts, i also unistalled nd reinstalled and was still having the same issue, then i powered down and rebooted my transformer tf101 and tried launching pinball and it worked, not sure if it will work for others but worth a shot.
    Same here. It works on and off.

Ice Cream Sandwich works 'on and off' so far on the TF101. I also get random reboots that crash on the Asus logo boot up screen.

On the bright side, we can run Chrome now...
    ASUS Transformer TF101

KickBeaten Down

I think it's safe to say that the game is busted on ICS. We're going to take a look as soon as we can.

Default Issue with Transformer Prime TF201 with ICS

ok, first, AMAZING pinball game, I'm really enjoying it, very seldom do i buy apps and i've bought every table you guys have available for my application

ok so basically i have no issues with the game on the tablet if im pushing the sides of the screen, HOWEVER, if i connect it to the keyboard that can be bought for the tablet. the left arrow works great for moving the LEFT flipper, however the right arrow on the keyboard does nothing

I went through all the keys on the keyboard to see if anything makes the right flippers move and i dont see anything that works, also it'd be nice to have a keymapping in the app so people could associate what key they want to initiate the action with

IE: i could make A be the left flipper and L be the right flipper for example

actually update -

since i connected the app to the keyboard even if i UNDOCK the device the right flipper is not even working now even if i push the screen where i used to; hrmmm....

another update -

i undocked - power cycled - booted back up -

the left flipper works fine (lower left hand corner in landscape mode) BUT the right flipper is activating on top of Loki (if you are playing thor), to give you a visual idea where you have to push for the right flipper to work.. crazy!

im going to uninstall and try reinstalling and hope i dont lose all my paid for boards..

please advise.
    Last edited by aixenv; 02-26-2012 at 10:25 PM.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by aixenv View Post
    ok, first, AMAZING pinball game, I'm really enjoying it, very seldom do i buy apps and i've bought every table you guys have available for my application

ok so basically i have no issues with the game on the tablet if im pushing the sides of the screen, HOWEVER, if i connect it to the keyboard that can be bought for the tablet. the left arrow works great for moving the LEFT flipper, however the right arrow on the keyboard does nothing

I went through all the keys on the keyboard to see if anything makes the right flippers move and i dont see anything that works, also it'd be nice to have a keymapping in the app so people could associate what key they want to initiate the action with

IE: i could make A be the left flipper and L be the right flipper for example

actually update -

since i connected the app to the keyboard even if i UNDOCK the device the right flipper is not even working now even if i push the screen where i used to; hrmmm....

another update -

i undocked - power cycled - booted back up -

the left flipper works fine (lower left hand corner in landscape mode) BUT the right flipper is activating on top of Loki (if you are playing thor), to give you a visual idea where you have to push for the right flipper to work.. crazy!

im going to uninstall and try reinstalling and hope i dont lose all my paid for boards..

please advise.
    You won't lose any of your purchases. That's a weird error. We don't have keyboard support yet (obviously).

KickBeaten Down

I think it's safe to say that the game is busted on ICS. We're going to take a look as soon as we can.
    If you are on ICS, please try going to Settings -> Apps and clear the game data. And give us a report on how things go - we're running without problems in the office.

Default Issues with downloading tables

Had a couple of issues last couple of days with freezing on ICS, but last night got custom ICS ROM on which everything works perfectly.

My problem is that I can't download additional tables. Had issues with inability to get on server (502 server response), but now I'm connected to server and when trying to get other tables it's stuck on Please Wait, before notification that it will DL a lot of data...

Any pointers?

If you are on ICS, please try going to Settings -> Apps and clear the game data. And give us a report on how things go - we're running without problems in the office.
    Well, knock on wood, but so faar, clearing data seems to have done the trick. Lost all my high scores, though.

Brian

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by agyar View Post
    Had a couple of issues last couple of days with freezing on ICS, but last night got custom ICS ROM on which everything works perfectly.

My problem is that I can't download additional tables. Had issues with inability to get on server (502 server response), but now I'm connected to server and when trying to get other tables it's stuck on Please Wait, before notification that it will DL a lot of data...

Any pointers?
    I wouldn't recommend the custom ICS. Custom ROMs often cause trouble with in-app purchases and the Market generally. It sounds like the reason it worked is because the installation process blew away the data that needed to be cleared (as per my post above).

I put some screenshots I was able to take in here. After a few rounds, everything goes really flaky. Tables crash, the home button crashes the app instead of going home, camera choices don't save between rounds like they used to...

Seems like a memory leak somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/9595...nball?h=9a7d30

Not all specific to ICS. I reported some of this above before the upgrade. It happened in the recent update that was issued.
    ASUS Transformer TF101

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaaark View Post
    I put some screenshots I was able to take in here. After a few rounds, everything goes really flaky. Tables crash, the home button crashes the app instead of going home, camera choices don't save between rounds like they used to...

Seems like a memory leak somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/9595...nball?h=9a7d30

Not all specific to ICS. I reported some of this above before the upgrade. It happened in the recent update that was issued.
    OK, thanks for the report.

Default TF201, stock ICS. Cannot buy tables

Hey Guys,

Would love to buy some extra tables but can't.

Open Up purchase screen for App.
    In-App purchase window comes up.
    No price is listed.
    Accept & Buy remains greyed out.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hellishboy View Post
    Hey Guys,

Would love to buy some extra tables but can't.

Open Up purchase screen for App.
    In-App purchase window comes up.
    No price is listed.
    Accept & Buy remains greyed out.

Cheers
    Make sure you have the latest updates, restart and see if that helps

Transformer Prime (Dock disengaged)

4.0.4 Android

THD Version

Home buttons always on the bottom in of landscape mode. When holding the tablet in portrait mode home button bar will create a dead zone for paddles.

Epic Quest:
    Pause game, wait for screensaver to activate, return to game -> music is crashed and will endlessly repeat the first 3 seconds of sound you hear when entering the pause menue.

Menu button is displayed but has no function. Tap repeatedly during boot process to crash game.

Default Cannot buy Tables

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Make sure you have the latest updates, restart and see if that helps
    Hey, I have the latest version from the Market and restarting didn't help me.