Thread: Kindle Fire

Default Kindle Fire

I bought this on the Iphone, loving it. However i would really really love to see this on the Kindle Fire any chance of that happening?

KickBeaten Down

It's not impossible, but we don't have any immediate plans for it.

hmm ok I know you guys probably heard of OnLive do you have plans to jump on that service, i would instantly buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    It's not impossible, but we don't have any immediate plans for it.
    I have been reading up on the Kindle Fire for when it comes to the UK as a cost effective way in to the Android Tablet market. But I would now want at least a tablet that supports ZEN pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by blackryn0 View Post
    hmm ok I know you guys probably heard of OnLive do you have plans to jump on that service, i would instantly buy it.
    We can probably take care of OnLive during PC development. We are checking it out.

As for Kindle Fire, it's possible however this device is far less possible than Tegra powered devices which would lower the quality of game we want to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    We can probably take care of OnLive during PC development. We are checking it out.

As for Kindle Fire, it's possible however this device is far less possible than Tegra powered devices which would lower the quality of game we want to develop.
    Thats fair enough if the kindle fire may not be able to run zen pinball smooth. I will keep saving up my pennies for a tegra two tablet.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    Thats fair enough if the kindle fire may not be able to run zen pinball smooth. I will keep saving up my pennies for a tegra two tablet.
    They should drop quite a bit in price once the Tegra 3 tablets are more widespread.

I started down loading ZEN PINBALL on a display tablet(assus with tegra two, i think) in CURRY'S (large retail chain in UK) but the MRS dragged me away before it finished down loading. How annoying was that, there would still have been a couple of hours play time left before closing time

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    I started down loading ZEN PINBALL on a display tablet(assus with tegra two, i think) in CURRY'S (large retail chain in UK) but the MRS dragged me away before it finished down loading. How annoying was that, there would still have been a couple of hours play time left before closing time
    At least she knows what to get you for Christmas now!

Trust me if you guys bring it to the kindle fire you would make so much money. Also OnLive has no pinball games atm so to be the first on there would be a big head start for you guys. I am a founding member of onlive, ( supported them from the beginning). I can tell you people would by your games on there without a second thought. If you want you can do a poll over at onlivefans.com and see the response of if they would buy it.

Post Don't leave money on the table...

I have a Tegra 2 device, so I'm tickled pink playing Zen Pinball already, but I saw this morning that Amazon is selling Kindle Fires at a clip of 1 million a week.

I think you would be well served to figure out how to get the game to run smoothly on the Fire. I appreciate that you don't want to compromise your game in any way, but a dual core 1 ghz machine isn't exactly an Atari 2600

I'm a fan of your games, and your company so I hope you can capitalize in that market.

Quote Originally Posted by josue85 View Post
    I have a Tegra 2 device, so I'm tickled pink playing Zen Pinball already, but I saw this morning that Amazon is selling Kindle Fires at a clip of 1 million a week.

I think you would be well served to figure out how to get the game to run smoothly on the Fire. I appreciate that you don't want to compromise your game in any way, but a dual core 1 ghz machine isn't exactly an Atari 2600

I'm a fan of your games, and your company so I hope you can capitalize in that market.
    Maybe its not (just) a technical issue with the kindle fire, if i understand it correctly they would have to sell the tables through the Amazon market place rather than Android, but yes i have to agree that ZEN should take a close look at the KF if its racking up sales like that.

Thumbs up Acer a100

if you want a Tegra 2 tablet in the 7 inch size the ACER A100. It is only $249 with the Tegra 2. They just announced that ICS will be coming in April. It also has the front and rear facing camera SD card slot and USB hdmi ports. runs great and the community is growing fast for tweaks. kindle fire has too many thing missing for 50 dollars difference. oh and it has GPS that works while away from WiFi.

Zen Pinball works great on my Kindle Fire gen 2. I downloaded it from Aptoide. That market is very strange, but it's an alternative to being stuck with what Amazon thinks I need. Anyway, how do I purchase tables?

Quote Originally Posted by androidlove View Post
    Zen Pinball works great on my Kindle Fire gen 2. I downloaded it from Aptoide. That market is very strange, but it's an alternative to being stuck with what Amazon thinks I need. Anyway, how do I purchase tables?
    When you open the app, there should be grey icons for more tables. Click whichever one you’d like to buy and it should prompt you to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    When you open the app, there should be grey icons for more tables. Click whichever one you’d like to buy and it should prompt you to purchase.
    Thanks for the reply. I get the error, "There was an authentication error with the table, please try again later." Amazon is the only place I've purchased from. It's their device, and they're slick about managing it. I have no idea how to buy something anywhere else. I have my doubts that Aptoide is legal or trustworthy. I hesitate to give that sprawling mess a CC #. Google Play won't let me buy because they don't allow Kindle Fire. I wish I could go through your site, pay, and dl the apk, updates, and tables.

I'll be busy for a while. Forgive me if I'm slow to respond.

Well, here in the US the Kindle Fire is the top selling Android tablet so it'd be nice for Zen Studios to jump on the bandwagon so those of us that don't want to use an outside source to download Zen Pinball don't have to.

That said, I went 1mobile.com route and I was able to get Zen Pinball HD, install it and run the default table with no hiccups.

As the other user encountered though, purchasing additional tables with the app does not work, so I'm stuck playing the one table. There is only 1 real pinball developer on the Amazon store and Zen Studio's tables are so much better I'm sure they could grab a good chunk of the Kindle Fire market.

Anyway...please Zen Studios, at least offer your product as a direct download from your site. It's already working on the Kindle Fire HD. It just lacks access to purchasing the tables.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughneckPS4 View Post
    Well, here in the US the Kindle Fire is the top selling Android tablet so it'd be nice for Zen Studios to jump on the bandwagon so those of us that don't want to use an outside source to download Zen Pinball don't have to.

That said, I went 1mobile.com route and I was able to get Zen Pinball HD, install it and run the default table with no hiccups.

As the other user encountered though, purchasing additional tables with the app does not work, so I'm stuck playing the one table. There is only 1 real pinball developer on the Amazon store and Zen Studio's tables are so much better I'm sure they could grab a good chunk of the Kindle Fire market.

Anyway...please Zen Studios, at least offer your product as a direct download from your site. It's already working on the Kindle Fire HD. It just lacks access to purchasing the tables.
    Thanks for the suggestion!