Thread: Epic Quest now available in PSN store.

Default Epic Quest now available in PSN store.

The title says it all. It wasn't scheduled to be released until the end of January, but it on the store.
    Last edited by SwitchBlade; 12-13-2011 at 11:35 PM.

yeah, i just started downloading it. What a surprise!

KickBeaten Down

It was a surprise for us, too :/

Solitude, so it wasn't supposed to be out today? Completely surprised me, but in a good way. Instead of just picking up the Marvel pack, I also grabbed this

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by GordLacey View Post
    Solitude, so it wasn't supposed to be out today? Completely surprised me, but in a good way. Instead of just picking up the Marvel pack, I also grabbed this
    No, it was supposed to be out next month. I have no idea if this is even the final version of the table and can't guarantee that it won't screw up your high scores and murder your family. I would hold off on getting it until we find out what is going on.

Oh, Sony.

Hahaha, too late! If it screw up my scores I won't scream bloody murder, I'll just shrug my shoulders and play on.

I assume you manage the twitter account as well?

Wow, what a crazy day...hell, crazy year. Enjoy this guys! What a nice surprise huh!

When this got announced by a user thread and not tweeted with the new Marvel tables, I assumed it was a mistake launch and downloaded it before it got pulled from the store. It's a fun table! I regret nothing! lol

Sort of funny that you guys go through these long approval processes from people like Sony, only to have them turn around and release the squirrels on you. I hope you get some free dashboard advertising out of this or something.
    Last edited by Thirdrail; 12-14-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Is the Epic Quest ninja Sony glitch only happening to the US or will it happen in Europe as well?

At the moment, Europe has nothing, no Marvel V&V -that should have been out yesterday, it's already the 14th here- and no Epic Quest.
    Hope that at least V&V for the X-Box will be on time. But I guess you can't be fooled by Microsoft and Sony in the same week.^^

I hope you Zen guys recovered from the shock. I think in a few months, this will be an awesome office story..."Remember the time Sony prereleased Epic Quest?"^^

Quote Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
    Is the Epic Quest ninja Sony glitch only happening to the US or will it happen in Europe as well?
    It's a Sony America goof up from what it looks like and this is not the first time they did this. It also appears that this is not the final version of the table either from what Zen is saying.

Currently, there is no way to obtain the trophies in the table from reports, so I'll be waiting until the official date before buying this.
    Last edited by shogun00; 12-14-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Yup, I can confirm the trophy thing. I earned one, but it didn't show up. Not a problem for me, it's an awesome table.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdrail View Post
    Sort of funny that you guys go through these long approval processes from people like Sony, only to have them turn around and release the squirrels on you.
    But, but, but... it's not like Sony to make really crazy mistakes...

I just hope this is a final build of the game, otherwise things are going to be even messier for Zen (and players).

Poor Zen, stuck with Sony and MS for partners. Zen, you need to create a ZenBox, and self-publish to it.

Sony has accidentally released Epic Quest table in NA. I recommend you not to buy it untill Zen finds out what has happened. It may not be the final version of the table and you can't earn any trophies. The table was supposed to release in January.

This is bad for Zen.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

I wouldn't mind paying 2.5 bucks to betatest the table.

So, this isn't out in Europe? I'm so glad that I didn't unbox the PS3 (and complete hours of updates) for nothing :P

When I first read about the surprise for PS3, I thought it was Zen's way of treating PS3 owners, but it turns out to be a mistake. Hopefully it doesn't mess anyones high scores. Assuming it doesn't mess up save files, I hope you enjoy the early release, as I've heard that the Epic Quest is really fun. I am really wanting to play it, and looking forward to the 360 release.

Enjoy

Still waiting to hear an definitive response from Zen as to whether this is the Final version or an unfinished version. My question is why would Sony have an unfinished beta version??

I think there's no need to overeact that its been released earlier/ by mistake. Your dog won't be put down if its not the final version you're playing @_@
    As for myself I just couldn't resist and bought it. Thus far I've been enjoying X-men on Marvel Pinball and haven't played much of Epic Quest. I hope Zen and Sony straighten things out and inform us on the details.
    Otherwise its a really pleasent surprise ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
    Still waiting to hear an definitive response from Zen as to whether this is the Final version or an unfinished version. My question is why would Sony have an unfinished beta version??
    How do you think Game Informer was able to make a preview of Epic Quest in their magazine? They got access to an unfinished version of the table via PSN or XBLA.
    Last edited by shogun00; 12-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkDNA View Post
    I think there's no need to overeact that its been released earlier/ by mistake. Your dog won't be put down if its not the final version you're playing @_@
    You might lose you game save. Sony also posted a premature update for Zen Pinball back in March to get ready for Sorcerer's Lair (I should of waited a few hours) and that update killed my game save with all of my scores.

I usually played the game offline and didn't take advantage of the leader boards at the time. It took me almost three months to get those high scores back.

Funny. Usually it is SCE Europe that messes up a lot. I checked the US PS Blog and Epic Quest was mentioned in the PS Store update as well. Obviously when they mess up in Europe it is because we do NOT get the DLC/Games we are waiting for.

Update on Epic Quest:

- Trophies are not currently supported
    - We are tying to figure out what to do with this, but it is likely it will be pulled from the store in early Jan and then re-released at the right time with full trophy support.

We will keep you updated.

I'm assuming that when this table is rereleased at the proper time, those of us that already bought it won't have to pay again to download the final version of the table.

I bought this 2 days ago only to come here and find out it's an unfinished version...

Im not happy...

So how will we be able to erase the unfinished version and replace it with the final version?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by jrolson View Post
    I bought this 2 days ago only to come here and find out it's an unfinished version...

Im not happy...

So how will we be able to erase the unfinished version and replace it with the final version?
    It will work properly once the final version is on the store.

Exclamation

I love this table. Thank you so much Zen.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Default epic quest in europe

today december 18th , epic quest is not avaliable in europen ps store.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBODYALIVE View Post
    today december 18th , epic quest is not avaliable in europen ps store.
    It probably won't be out until the official release date then, which is early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    It probably won't be out until the official release date then, which is early next year.
    NO!

epic quest download should either be blocked on PS American store or it should be released on europen store too!

NO!

epic quest download should either be blocked on PS American store or it should be released on europen store too!
    This is a pretty juvenile attitude Maxi, sorry for pointing it out. You should try to understand the ins and outs for Zen along Sony's mistake and show a little more sympathy.

While I myself would love to rip off of their mind, like RIGHT NOW, all the tables their creativity could deliver, I am as well able to savor the wait for each and every one of them, since I have more than enough to play with among all the amazing tables they already released, some of them I still even haven't had the time to delve into so far. (Gossh is that hard to say in english )
    Last edited by Tighttempo; 12-19-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tighttempo View Post
    This is a pretty juvenile attitude Maxi, sorry for pointing it out. You should try to understand the ins and outs for Zen along Sony's mistake and show a little more sympathy.

While I myself would love to rip off of their mind, like RIGHT NOW, all the tables their creativity could deliver, I am as well able to savor the wait for each and every one of them, since I have more than enough to play with among all the amazing tables they already released, some of them I still even haven't had the time to delve into so far. (Gossh is that hard to say in english )
    I got almost all Zen tables on both ps3 and xbox360.
    Its not a matter of waiting or be patient.
    Its a matter of equality.
    Usa release of Epic Quest was a mistake? Well let cancel from the store!

Since Epic Quest table is still now avaliable on Usa store ( about 5 days) and its still on their web catalogue I assume its NOT a mistake.
    So i dont see any reason to penalize millions of european players who paid MILLIONS both Sony and Zen Studios for their products.

Since Epic Quest table is still now avaliable on Usa store ( about 5 days) and its still on their web catalogue I assume its NOT a mistake.
    They already said it was a mistake.

It's a mistake (Zen confirmed it), but SCEA isn't fast in fixing mistakes unless a lawsuit is shoved down their throat.

KickBeaten Down

NO!

If we could have taken the Epic Quest table down on the North American store immediately, we would have. The soonest we can do so, according to Sony, is about 3 weeks after release.

Any chance Epic Quest will be available for iOS along with the proper launch for PS3 and 360?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by GordLacey View Post
    Any chance Epic Quest will be available for iOS along with the proper launch for PS3 and 360?
    That's our goal.

Thumbs up

this is an EPIC table the armor weapon/shield and XP carry over even when you lose this is a great idea for a pinball table, the save game feature is essential in this one too i hope everyone else gets it soon and hopefully xbox too.
    definitely one of my top favs and hopefully there will be more like this one.

For anyone interested I made an Epic Quest trophy guide here.

Default Epic Quest PSN Update?

It's January 4th, and the game is still available in the PSN store, so can someone (preferably someone from Zen) tell me if it is the final version and ready for download, or should I wait?

Also, FYI, the preview has no audio.

Thanks for the info.

Frank

The table seemed to work flawlessly for me and it's by far my favorite! I wouldn't wait if you don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    That's our goal.
    Can you please make it a goal to not require iOS 5 on iPad?

I noticed the other day that this table is now missing from the PS Store. Do you know when it will be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrastas View Post
    I noticed the other day that this table is now missing from the PS Store. Do you know when it will be back?
    Whenever the table officially releases, which is now set for sometime in February.

2700 of us that have it do we still own it? ..will our epic quest get patched on official release?

Solitude@ can't guarantee that it won't screw up your high scores and murder your family.

lol that was funny i missed that last time i don't mind that the score gets reset
    Last edited by RabidShark; 01-26-2012 at 07:49 PM.