Williams™ Pinball is now available on the App Store!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MBeeching
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by McLovin
    Can I ask which camera view do you play in?
    Mainly camera 2 at the moment, though I'm aware the DMD appears larger on camera 8 as it's part of the cabinet.
    My short sight is very good though I suspect it could be problematic for some players, especially those with smaller screens.

Most of the ball eject issues appear to be isolated to the timed challenge modes featuring unlimited ball drain (e.g. 5 Minute / Survival). Black Rose is the worst example, I had two balls stuck in Pirate's Cove for over 20 seconds and failed the challenge as I couldn't play.

I've managed to prepare most tables for Grade 2 however I require 4500 tickets to complete those promotions, that's proving tricky as the game usually crashes when I've watched an advert to obtain the reward - Clicking the retry button is a very bad idea at the moment. I'm currently using my home Wi-Fi connection which is stable so it appears to be a server issue.

Edit: Party Zone seems to have an eject issue in all modes, it takes 2-5 attempts to fire the ball up to the rails. As a result it can trigger multiple features as the ball keeps landing on the sensor.
    Last edited by MBeeching; 01-30-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• HighFive
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by McLovin
      Thanks for the list!
      Ya np. Here is a screen i took from TPA control settings. The green area are flipper, red area are nudge zone. With this control scheme, thumbs are controlling the flipper, and nudging is easy for left and right part, just doing it by touching with my index fingers while im still holding flippers. Its very easy to play on Ipad that way.

Oh and yeah, i volontary put Space Shuttle as example cause i hope we will see it soon in FX3

Comment

• surf1der
        Pinball Wizard
        • Jan 2012

Enables “Pro Physics,” a truly authentic physics simulation on all tables. What in the world is this? Truly authentic physics simulation? It sounds like you are locking improved game physics behind a paywall. That is disgraceful. It also seems like you locked a tournament mode ruleset behind a paywall as well. The more I dig around this game the more I hate it and the more respect I lose for Zen as a company. I’m deleting the game now.

Comment

• janduin68
          • Dec 2017

Table pricing is wayyyy too expensive!

First of all: congratulations on a great app. IÂ’ve started with AFM and it plays great, best pinball experience on ios in my opinion.
          I do have an issue with the pricing though. To unlock all tables will cost you 45 euros worth of zen tokens. For a mobile app this is way too much.
          I know you can unlock all tables by playing but this will take weeks (months?) playing challenges on the same table.
          Unlocking all tables for say 20 euros would be an instabuy for me. At the current price itÂ’s not going to happen.
          psn: janduin68

Comment

• McLovin
            Marketing Manager
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by HighFive
            Ya np. Here is a screen i took from TPA control settings. The green area are flipper, red area are nudge zone. With this control scheme, thumbs are controlling the flipper, and nudging is easy for left and right part, just doing it by touching with my index fingers while im still holding flippers. Its very easy to play on Ipad that way.

Oh and yeah, i volontary put Space Shuttle as example cause i hope we will see it soon in FX3
            Nice, thanks! Ooh Space Shuttle

Comment

• HighFive
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by janduin68
              First of all: congratulations on a great app. IÂ’ve started with AFM and it plays great, best pinball experience on ios in my opinion.
              I do have an issue with the pricing though. To unlock all tables will cost you 45 euros worth of zen tokens. For a mobile app this is way too much.
              I know you can unlock all tables by playing but this will take weeks (months?) playing challenges on the same table.
              Unlocking all tables for say 20 euros would be an instabuy for me. At the current price itÂ’s not going to happen.
              Yeah price make thing unbuyable imo. How i would fix it, i think that way it will make me think about it to spend money on Zen coins. Going to show example as CND dollar

25 Zen Coins : Remove it. I mean, there is nothing we can buy with 25 zen, except for the 5th reward from challenges.
              150 Zen Coins : 1.39 perfect of you want to buy some balls, flippers, pro physics , visual extra or pro difficulty
              350 Zen Coins : 6.99 perfect if you want to put your money on one table only, along with the possibility to get pro difficulty.
              800 Zen Coins : 13.99 perfect to get you a set of 3 tables, could fit the price of a pack on consoles.
              2250 Zen Coins : 27.99 perfect to get all 7 tables, along with any extra, pro physyic, difficulty,etc. Price match as console.
              5000 Zen Coins : 69.99 Well, it get you what you want, and at the same time make you have credit left for future tables, if you wish.

Other thing i would add is another multiplayer option, where you can spend Zen credit, and do tournament like on console. Zen credit price in 1rst,2nd and 3rd position. Would set tournament entry fee at 150 Zen credit. Possibility to win 800, 350 and 175.

The idea of balls, flipper skin is excellent, i would exploit that massively. I mean, paying for US red and white Black Rose flipper? You bet i will ! . Would exploit that with different bumper skins, inside table skins, etc.

I think lower price will give a reason to spend money. More money. Would make everything buyable, meaning feeling i could get more out of my money, making me wanting to spend money on the app.
              Last edited by HighFive; 02-01-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• HighFive
                • Sep 2018

Question about grade 2 challenge. My starter table, medieval madness, is at level 2. Yet, i never saw a daily challenge lvl 2 appear. Even if it can repeate itself, im still only limited to lvl 1 challenge. Why?

Comment

• MBeeching
                  • Dec 2016

Question about grade 2 challenge. My starter table, medieval madness, is at level 2. Yet, i never saw a daily challenge lvl 2 appear. Even if it can repeate itself, im still only limited to lvl 1 challenge. Why?
                  I've been making lots of notes about my grinding experience and this is a slight issue.

Basic (Grade 1) - Tables are only added to challenge rotation when the player has promoted them.
                  Advanced (Grade 2) - All 7 tables are rotated, including those not yet promoted.

If you spend a Zen coin to refresh Advanced Challenges you may still encounter a locked table. Medieval Madness will show up eventually but it's luck of the draw.

Comment

• HighFive
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by MBeeching
                    I've been making lots of notes about my grinding experience and this is a slight issue.

Basic (Grade 1) - Tables are only added to challenge rotation when the player has promoted them.
                    Advanced (Grade 2) - All 7 tables are rotated, including those not yet promoted.

If you spend a Zen coin to refresh Advanced Challenges you may still encounter a locked table. Medieval Madness will show up eventually but it's luck of the draw.
                    Woo. Was lucky i guess. Tonight finally got a challenge for Medieval Madness! And now tbh, i think this is going beyond being ridiculous. I really have to watch an add everytime i want to replay an advanced challenge i was not succesful? Watching an add to get a reward out of the box, ok, it pass. But i have a bit of a hard time digging this...

Id love to play the game the same way im playing on my Switch. My ipad screen is bigger. But if i want to do that, it will cost me 80$, 2250 points , with taxes in order to unlock the 7 tables, with pro physics, difficulty and visual extra.

God, really love your game, Zen, im just dissapointed im not able to play it as i want. Challenges can be fun once in a while, but im more about trying to get the best game and rank better in single player. Hoping you might fix this soon.

Comment

• MBeeching
                      • Dec 2016

Id love to play the game the same way im playing on my Switch. My ipad screen is bigger. But if i want to do that, it will cost me 80$, 2250 points , with taxes in order to unlock the 7 tables, with pro physics, difficulty and visual extra.
                      Those feature unlocks are slightly unclear, I thought they were optional purchases so players without Grade 4 tables can access features (visuals/difficulty/physics).

- Can you buy features then use them with with Grade 2 tables in Arcade Mode?
                      - If you buy a Grade 4 table are the difficulty/physics options unavailable unless you buy the feature?

Has anyone tried the pro physics or difficulty yet? I've got all but one of my tables to Grade 2, but by my calculations I can't see myself grinding many to grade 3, or any to grade 4.

Comment

• HighFive
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by MBeeching
                        Those feature unlocks are slightly unclear, I thought they were optional purchases so players without Grade 4 tables can access features (visuals/difficulty/physics).

- Can you buy features then use them with with Grade 2 tables in Arcade Mode?
                        - If you buy a Grade 4 table are the difficulty/physics options unavailable unless you buy the feature?

Has anyone tried the pro physics or difficulty yet? I've got all but one of my tables to Grade 2, but by my calculations I can't see myself grinding many to grade 3, or any to grade 4.
                        You might be right, maybe we dont need to purchase them. Havent test. I think you can buy these feature and use them in Arcade mode, with your lvl 2 tables. But, i cannot take my Ipad on the go if not online with lvl 2 tables, they need to be lvl 4. It was something i was considering, like be patient and leveling all tables to lvl 2 and buy the features, but that way, im not able to play on the go on the subway, since im not connected...

I also would love to know how many tickets are required to go to lvl 4. Lvl 3 required 3000 tickets. I bet it could take a loooong time lvling it way up to lvl 4..
                        Last edited by HighFive; 02-03-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• MBeeching
                          • Dec 2016

also would love to know how many tickets are required to go to lvl 4. Lvl 3 required 3000 tickets. I bet it could take a loooong time lvling it way up to lvl 4..
                          Basic grind calculations:

Grade 1 - 150 tickets (Challenge mode)
                          7x 150 = 1050

Grade 2 - 750 tickets (Arcade mode / League Play)
                          7x 750 = 5250

Grade 3 - 3000 tickets (Pro Challenge / Flipper Skins / Visual Extras)
                          7x 3000 = 21000

Grade 4 - Unknown ticket requirements (Offline play / Pro Physics / Pro Difficulty)
                          Estimate: 7x 12000 = 84000

Notes:
                          Grinding all seven tables to Grade 2 costs 6300 tickets, equivalent to 126 adverts on a 2 hour cycle (10.5 days clicked sequentially)

Grinding one table to Grade 4 costs 15900 tickets, equivalent to 318 adverts on a 2 hour cycle (26.5 days clicked sequentially)

You can earn additional tickets for leveling up your XP and playing challenges but in the grand scheme of things they're not going to cover major table upgrade costs.

Comment

• HighFive
                            • Sep 2018

Going to post something a bit more joyfull about it.

Realise by getting 350 zen coins, im able to get the pro physics, and buy 3 bunch of tickets at 1000 each. So with the 3 tables i have unlock lvl 2 already, i would have all 7 tables playable in arcade mode for rankings, playable with pro physics. Suck it cannot be played offline and be able to save games, but it still give me the full game after some little work for 13.99.

Edit: Also could be patient and could work my way to get 750 tickets per table missing, so would only cost me to buy the 150 zen coin pro physic.

Suggestion: Add an extra option we can buy like for visual extra, at 75 zen coins, the option to use the flippers skins we unlocked. It would be an excuse to maybe buy it and give us the envy to use, buy flippers skins. Would also add these lvl 4 option as buyable for Zen coins Hell, why not the option of offline play also buyable with Zens coin? Hoping this could be consider!
                            Last edited by HighFive; 02-05-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• MBeeching
                              • Dec 2016

It clearly has potential and is enjoyable after the initial grind (Grade 0-2), that's likely to be the hurdle for many players and possibly needs tweaking to keep people engaged during those early stages. Perhaps a basic rotation mode with very restricted play on other tables?

The first table you choose does have a bearing on your experience due to the way the tutorial walks you through the upgrades. Although I like Medieval Madness I felt railroaded before I fully understood the financial mechanisms, that's essentially the table you're stuck with for a considerable length of time.

I've got all seven tables to Grade 2, I bought a pile of 150 Zen Coins and spent 120 on 2000 tickets. Certainly considering the Pro Physics mode but awaiting confirmation it will work below Grade 4, curious to see if there's a performance difference and whether it's too difficult to play on a touch screen.

Hopefully the issue with Challenge reward videos will be fixed soon, I'm still losing out on those rewards due to crashes.

Comment

• HighFive
                                • Sep 2018

100 Zen coins ( + 100 table parts ) to upgrade a table to lvl 4? Really?

So 700 zen coins required for all, so the same price as console if buying the two packs, after hours and hours of challenges collecting tickets,parts, watching adds? The reward i get watching all these ads is paying the same price as consoles?

Id love try to be not too critic, but i cant. Im realy not liking this mobile app. Ok, i can still get the 7 tables for free by grinding them to lvl 2, but no offline play, no pro physics, no visual extra, no pro difficulty. I dont understand why your best features, pro physics, visual extra, are hidden behind paywall. These should be the selling point of your game. I think it could be more rewarding if pro physics was a table lvl 3 reward. I mean its where we could see the ‘real’ game.

Love your game, but really dont like the model on mobile. Hoping you will do some change in the future, cause i love playing it on my Ipad.

Comment

Working...