Williams™ Pinball is now available on the App Store!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Williams™ Pinball is now available on the App Store!

Williams™ Pinball is now available worldwide on the App Store!

Download for free on the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/will...l/id1406370101

IFPA_WMS_email_ad_04_ios.jpg

Williams™ Pinball ushers in a new era of mobile pinball excellence, uniting pinball players around the globe with new multiplayer features!

Experience a dazzling collection of classic premium pinball tables such as Fish Tales™, Medieval Madness™, Attack from Mars™, Junk Yard™, The Party Zone™, Black Rose™ and The Getaway High Speed II™ with more tables on the way!

Play head-to-head against players for real money and cash prizes, powered by Skillz!

Each table is playable in its original form or in a remastered version featuring newly created 3D interactive characters, side wall art and more, bringing these classic tables to life like never before!
    Zen’s Pro Physics simulation provides the most authentic pinball experience available.

From the makers of Zen Pinball, Marvel Pinball, Star Wars™ Pinball, Aliens vs. Pinball, Bethesda® Pinball and more!

FEATURES:

- Multiplayer matchups powered by Skillz provide endless competitive play and the chance to win real money and cash prizes in select countries
    - Daily challenges and competitions
    - Pro Physics delivers the most realistic mobile pinball experience available
    - New tables added frequently
    - Global leaderboards
    - Single-player challenges
    - Table customizations
  • surf1der
    Pinball Wizard
    • Jan 2012

Will the Williams tables be available in the Zen Pinball app? I would prefer having all my tables in a single app rather than multiple different apps.

Comment

• HighFive
      • Sep 2018

Question: Just downloaded it, and noticed the visual are static like the Switch version. Im playing on a Ipad Air 2. If i upgrade to let say the new Ipad Pro, which is a stronger machine, will the visual look better?( like PS4 version, lightning move )

Comment

• surf1der
        Pinball Wizard
        • Jan 2012

Wow. This app is a massive heap of garbage. DonÂ’t get me wrong, I was able to unlock and play Medieval Madness which was great. And I feel sorry for the devs that put so much work into recreating these great pins only for it to be ruined by this confusing and awful monetization scheme. What are zen coins, what are tickets, what are table parts? I donÂ’t need microtransactions for ball trails, ball skins, and this other crap. I think you can unlock a table for 250 zen coins (itÂ’s not exactly clear what you are unlocking) but you donÂ’t even have an option to buy 250 coins? I see 25, 150, 350, up to 5000 coins for 100 bucks? This is the type of shitty monetization schemes that piss people off and give mobile games a bad reputation. I just want to buy some tables and play some pinball. IÂ’m not spending a dime on this app until there is an option to directly buy tables with prices listed in U.S. dollar currencies.

Comment

• HighFive
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by surf1der
          Wow. This app is a massive heap of garbage. DonÂ’t get me wrong, I was able to unlock and play Medieval Madness which was great. And I feel sorry for the devs that put so much work into recreating these great pins only for it to be ruined by this confusing and awful monetization scheme. What are zen coins, what are tickets, what are table parts? I donÂ’t need microtransactions for ball trails, ball skins, and this other crap. I think you can unlock a table for 250 zen coins (itÂ’s not exactly clear what you are unlocking) but you donÂ’t even have an option to buy 250 coins? I see 25, 150, 350, up to 5000 coins for 100 bucks? This is the type of shitty monetization schemes that piss people off and give mobile games a bad reputation. I just want to buy some tables and play some pinball. IÂ’m not spending a dime on this app until there is an option to directly buy tables with prices listed in U.S. dollar currencies.
          Bah, its a shitty as like other shitty money grab, confusing menu app like we all see on Appstore. We might hate it, but the market on mobile is done that way, and its succesful that way. Still, i will give it a chance.

Grab a Switch man! Pay once, play forever, play in TATE mode, if you really want a good portable experience!

Comment

• shogun00
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HighFive
            We might hate it, but the market on mobile is done that way, and its successful that way.
            This is one of those "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situations. Just look at the reviews of the Zen Pinball app. The overall rating is pretty average with the common complaint being that there is only one free table.

I know the hardcore audience is going to hate this, but the casual market is going to gobble it up and praise it.

Comment

• McLovin
              Marketing Manager
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by surf1der
              Will the Williams tables be available in the Zen Pinball app? I would prefer having all my tables in a single app rather than multiple different apps.
              Not at the moment

Comment

• McLovin
                Marketing Manager
                • Apr 2017

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the feedback, be it constructive criticism or questions for the future!

It is always really cool to see how the good people of the Zen forum react to new stuff. It is always helpful to filter in what people doesn't like into development.

Although I would urge you to give the Williams Pinball app a little more play time, I think it has some great core elements that are really fun. The tables themselves of course are one of these, and they play really well on mobile in my experience. All options are available like 2 types of physics, the customization etc.

The Challenges you know from Pinball FX3 make their apperance for the first time in any of our mobile games (Aliens had them in a way, but I believe these are the evolved versions). Skillz has a great versus system.

Also, you can unlock all the tables eventually.

Again, thank you for being active here and leaving your opinions!

Comment

• HighFive
                  • Sep 2018

Quick wishlist for upcoming patch:

- Customisable area where you can touch the screen for nudge. On my Ipad, its like at the top to nudge. When holding down area with flipper, going there is problematic

- FX3 can be played both side or the other. Williams only available vertically.

- Zen credit. Played like a bit more than an hour total, and it only seem that we get credit out of leveling up? I think its very hard to esrn credit, unless i havent seen a way to do it. Like now, only limited to one challenge with medieval madness, which i must repeate, to level up.

Comment

• MBeeching
                    • Dec 2016

Android Beta Issues:

Missing reward icons - The icons occasionally appear blank.
                    Program crashes - The program frequently crashes after watching video advertisements to claim rewards.

Medieval Madness
                    Catapult - The catapult seems to throw the ball around the table at random. Possible eject issue or rail collision.
                    Pitch change - The music changes pitch in a similar manner to the PC beta.
                    Ramp transparencies - The plastic ramps look slightly odd (Moto G4: Snapdragon 617 / Adreno 405)

Black Rose
                    Ball Lock - The ball struggles to eject after the lock sequence.
                    Manual Plunger - The plunger is tricky to use on a touch screen without a visual cue, it frequently drains due to lack of power.

Fish Tales
                    Multiball - Balls frequently fail to eject on to the table during this mode.

Attack From Mars
                    Corrupt visuals / flickering black lines on rule inserts (Moto G4: Snapdragon 617 / Adreno 405)

DMD Minigames
                    The DMD is very small which makes several mini games difficult to play, particularly High Speed 2.
                    Players may struggle to understand what they are supposed to do unless they have prior experience playing other versions (PC/Console).

Score entry interface - the button overlays are far too small and difficult to press.

General notes:
                    I've been unable to test Junkyard or Party Zone due to randomised challenge rotation.

The tables seem ridiculously expensive in the UK: £42.67 Android vs £14.38 Steam. I'm a huge fan but I'm honestly not interested at those prices, bearing in mind they're technically inferior and a secondary purchase. I'm sure I could grind them all to Grade 2 and unlock their basic arcade mode but I'd rather just buy them at sensible prices for occasional play.
                    Last edited by MBeeching; 01-30-2019, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• HighFive
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by MBeeching

The tables seem ridiculously expensive in the UK: £42.67 Android vs £14.38 Steam. I'm a huge fan but I'm honestly not interested at those prices, bearing in mind they're technically inferior and a secondary purchase. I'm sure I could grind them all to Grade 2 and unlock their basic arcade mode but I'd rather just buy them at sensible prices for occasional play.

2075 Zen point is required to unlock the 7 tables for arcade play, pro physic, pro difficulty and visual extra.

2250 point cost 69.99$ CND. Tables with everything in Switch cost me what, 25$ like?

Yeah, i think there is a miss somewhere. . How do we win Zen points except for those random 1 and 5 i think i got from getting to lvl 5? Thats going to take a looong time if im waiting for this.

Id love to support, i mean, you will get my money on Switch ( and will probably also get them on special on PS4 since the visual are better but its not my primary console for playing ), but there is no way i feel tempt to put cash on IOS version.

Comment

• McLovin
                        Marketing Manager
                        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by HighFive
                        Quick wishlist for upcoming patch:

- Customisable area where you can touch the screen for nudge. On my Ipad, its like at the top to nudge. When holding down area with flipper, going there is problematic

- FX3 can be played both side or the other. Williams only available vertically.

- Zen credit. Played like a bit more than an hour total, and it only seem that we get credit out of leveling up? I think its very hard to esrn credit, unless i havent seen a way to do it. Like now, only limited to one challenge with medieval madness, which i must repeate, to level up.
                        Thanks for the list!

Comment

• Sygma
                          • Dec 2018

Android Beta Issues:

Program crashes - The program frequently crashes after watching video advertisements to claim rewards.

Medieval Madness
                          Catapult - The catapult seems to throw the ball around the table at random. Possible eject issue or rail collision.
                          Ramp transparencies - The plastic ramps look slightly odd (Moto G4: Snapdragon 617 / Adreno 405)

Black Rose
                          Manual Plunger - The plunger is tricky to use on a touch screen without a visual cue, it frequently drains due to lack of power.

Fish Tales

Attack From Mars
                          Corrupt visuals / flickering black lines on rule inserts (Moto G4: Snapdragon 617 / Adreno 405)

DMD Minigames
                          The DMD is very small which makes several mini games difficult to play, particularly High Speed 2.
                          Players may struggle to understand what they are supposed to do unless they have prior experience playing other versions (PC/Console).

Score entry interface - the button overlays are far too small and difficult to press.

General notes:
                          I've been unable to test Junkyard or Party Zone due to randomised challenge rotation.

I’m using IOS version but encountered the same bugs as you.

I totally agree with you about the price, way too high
                          The fact that no real money is indicated when you have to purchase the complete tables feels like Zen is trying to hide that the price is 3 times the price of the same tables on pc, PS4 or switch.
                          It doesn’t feel good. I would be ok to pay for the 1/3 of the price. No way I am paying right now

I also have to say that I enjoyed playing the app, also I was a bit disappointed by this new approach at first (I was expecting getting the tables on the existing zen pinball app)

And final wish : please Zen, allow the landscape mode!

Comment

• McLovin
                            Marketing Manager
                            • Apr 2017

Android Beta Issues:

Medieval Madness

Black Rose

Fish Tales

Attack From Mars

DMD Minigames

General notes:

Thanks for these, will put these into the issues system!

Comment

• McLovin
                              Marketing Manager
                              • Apr 2017

DMD Minigames
                              Players may struggle to understand what they are supposed to do unless they have prior experience playing other versions (PC/Console)
                              Can I ask which camera view do you play in?

Comment

Working...