X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wims_Beta
    • Jun 2017

Petition to fix major and known bugs

Hi Zen,

I write to you because yesterday, for the first time in my life, I was forced to do this :

rembt.jpg

This is a refund request to Steam (refused because I had more than 2 hours of game on the DLC Williams Pinball Volume 3, I explain why later).

So, how a fan can do this ? Believe me, it was a hard decision to take, I'm still sad to have to do it. Even though I didnt have to think twice, and have no regrets. I didnt find any best solution to try to affect you.

You know how much I like Pinball FX3 and Zen Studios, I dont have to prove it anymore. For those who still dont know, I'm a fan since 2010, I animate my forum the LUP's Club with the greatest passion, I always wanted to bring the game up, I always did it with care, love, and conviction. The quality and aesthetics of our forum is well established, all the members are fans of ZS.

But I made this refund request. Because for the first time in the history of Zen Studios, you too have released a DLC of 3 tables, knowing that all the games will be buggy.

I'm talking about the rewind issue, which has been reported to you several times, and appeared since the release of Williams Pinball Volume 2. This bug affects all games in Williams tables, when using the last quarter of the rewind power at level 10 : the gamer backs to Windows, seeing several hours of his game crashed. It's for this reason obviously, that Steam can not refund me, because it takes more than 2 hours of game to up the rewind at level 10.

Pinball FX3 is an awesome game, its quality is great. But it's just impossible for hardgamers who have the rewind level 10 to finish a game normally.

The most important is not the loss of time that you intentionally put to the gamers and your fans. It's their huge disappointment, when they understand that you have decide to release the game, and no matter if knowned major bugs that crash the games are still present.

What is going on ? Is there a finished product manager in your team ? This is a bug that I discovered in 5h34 on the DLC, and I could have discovered before if I had focused on it. Knowing that it already existed on volume 2, why not have it corrected, and above all, why did you release Volume 3 like that ?

For the release of Volume 4, it is now imperative you focus to correct this bug and all the other major bugs that have been listed in the appropriate topic, and affect all the leaderboards since too many time. Several members of LUP's Club have already made the decision to not continue their purchases til this work is done. We will wait for you to send us the fix patch notes before buying the next tables.

Please dont disappoint your fans, who have been following you for almost 10 years, who have always helped you by listing many bugs. You and us are married.

I let my friends continue and complete this thread if they want to.
    sigpic
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

Make sure you cross post this or at least a link to this on their facebook and twitter accounts. I will do my part and chime in as well. There are several here from the same community on ps4 that I'm certain will do the same.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• tritium03
      • Mar 2013

zen doesn't seem to care about bugs
      Zen doesn't seem to care about cheaters
      well, one day or another, players will do not seem to care about Zen and theirs products.

Comment

• cantankerous--
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by tritium03
        zen doesn't seem to care about bugs
        Zen doesn't seem to care about cheaters
        well, one day or another, players will do not seem to care about Zen and theirs products.
        All we have to do is have a coordinated effort and continue posting and hope others from the different communities see this as important as the stupid censorship bs that had everyones panties in a twist.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
        3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
        sigpic

Comment

• gaz5021
          • Feb 2013

Well said.

Originally posted by wims_Beta
          Hi Zen,

I write to you because yesterday, for the first time in my life, I was forced to do this :

This is a refund request to Steam (refused because I had more than 2 hours of game on the DLC Williams Pinball Volume 3, I explain why later).

So, how a fan can do this ? Believe me, it was a hard decision to take, I'm still sad to have to do it. Even though I didnt have to think twice, and have no regrets. I didnt find any best solution to try to affect you.

You know how much I like Pinball FX3 and Zen Studios, I dont have to prove it anymore. For those who still dont know, I'm a fan since 2010, I animate my forum the LUP's Club with the greatest passion, I always wanted to bring the game up, I always did it with care, love, and conviction. The quality and aesthetics of our forum is well established, all the members are fans of ZS.

But I made this refund request. Because for the first time in the history of Zen Studios, you too have released a DLC of 3 tables, knowing that all the games will be buggy.

I'm talking about the rewind issue, which has been reported to you several times, and appeared since the release of Williams Pinball Volume 2. This bug affects all games in Williams tables, when using the last quarter of the rewind power at level 10 : the gamer backs to Windows, seeing several hours of his game crashed. It's for this reason obviously, that Steam can not refund me, because it takes more than 2 hours of game to up the rewind at level 10.

Pinball FX3 is an awesome game, its quality is great. But it's just impossible for hardgamers who have the rewind level 10 to finish a game normally.

The most important is not the loss of time that you intentionally put to the gamers and your fans. It's their huge disappointment, when they understand that you have decide to release the game, and no matter if knowned major bugs that crash the games are still present.

What is going on ? Is there a finished product manager in your team ? This is a bug that I discovered in 5h34 on the DLC, and I could have discovered before if I had focused on it. Knowing that it already existed on volume 2, why not have it corrected, and above all, why did you release Volume 3 like that ?

For the release of Volume 4, it is now imperative you focus to correct this bug and all the other major bugs that have been listed in the appropriate topic, and affect all the leaderboards since too many time. Several members of LUP's Club have already made the decision to not continue their purchases til this work is done. We will wait for you to send us the fix patch notes before buying the next tables.

Please dont disappoint your fans, who have been following you for almost 10 years, who have always helped you by listing many bugs. You and us are married.

I let my friends continue and complete this thread if they want to.

Great post.

I feel the same way as you, wims_Beta. I too have been a fan of Zen’s pinball games for some time, going back to the ZP2 days. I have about 800 hours on FX3, a few #1 scores and absolutely love the game and competing with you and other “hardgamers”. I would like to add my support to your petition and make a plea with Zen to prioritise fixing some of the big issues with FX3.

Like wims_Beta, I’ve fallen victim to the “Rewind bug” - in every single game I’ve attempted on Fish Tales. After hearing that this bug affects all Williams tables, it was an easy decision to refrain from purchasing any of them, like your fellow LUP’s Club members. I like using Rewind, and to have it throw an error every game without fail makes for a tiring experience. Sure, I could use a different power, or play “classic” mode, but I chose to focus on “normal” mode first and Rewind is my power of choice. I’m looking forward to playing “classic” mode, but for now I enjoy playing through all of the tables I own on “normal”.

For the record, here are some examples of the bug in action:

As for other issues, the following come to mind:

The Paranormal table has a bug where the ball can get stuck in the lock mechanism / launcher, and the table cannot be tilted, so the player is forced to restart their game. I managed to alter my strategy and finish a game with a decent score, but this has been an issue since ZP2. I remember discussing it with our old mate Barbie. As far as I’m aware, this bug has never been addressed.

I heard that the Aliens Vs Predator table has a bug that allows the ball to get stuck inside a bumper, giving the player forever-increasing points. My “superscore” has always been in the even thousands, and all of a sudden I had dropped down to xx992, which seemed strange. A quick look at the leaderboards of the AVP table told me all I needed to know.

The “cheaters” who seem to be posting bogus scores that are always in the even millions. This has been well-documented here: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...rdenwolfe-and-!!!!!!

There has been a bug on the Doom table for a long time now that stops the player from being able to complete the Recharge mission, as the spinner and bumper counters get stuck and stop increasing.

I was told that all progress on the Epic Quest table now gets reset after every game. Assuming this is true, and not intended behaviour, I will continue to hold off updating my software in the small hope that this will be fixed in a future update.

Again, I love Zen Pinball. FX3 would probably be my favourite game of all-time if it weren’t for these issues, and I can guarantee I would have gone ahead and purchased all of the DLC. It’s only my passion for this game and the hope to see these issues resolved that has prompted me to make such a whiny post.

Comment

• Tech101
            • Jan 2012

In the mean time the last patch reset Switch users Epic Quest levels to one. It takes a long time to build that up.

I've always said when Zen sends a patch to fix something other things break. It happens nearly every time. Not to mention I couldn't even find the latest table pack on the eshop and no one was around to help me find them. It's like all of Zen has gone underground and disappeared. When you launch something and things go wrong as a company you need to have people available to help with those issues. You don't even seem to be bother about that these days......
            Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• FabeChe_LupsClub
              • Apr 2018

Brand image... Recent researches proved that now the Brand Image is one of the first factors that customers focus before buying...

Some of us are old guys/girls, so you (Zen Studios) may not be able to play with us a game we already know, because we played it yet with some Studios in past...

You are trapped, fix bugs and escape, EZ !
              The pinball, you opened it, we came !

sigpic

Comment

• gold wheelchair
                • Oct 2012

Hi Zen,
                It's the same for me, I played PFX since 2011, I bought all the table under PS2, under PS3, XBOX and now Steam support.
                It cost me a lot of money and it's not a problem, I'm a fan of Pinball (real and virtual).
                I don't buy this last Williams & Bally pack Vol.3, because there's no sense to buy DLC with bugs.
                Your team know the bugs before to sell new pack, and nothing have been done.

The day you try to fix those mistakes, I'll be back.

Sorry for my english and I still a fan of Pfx.

Waiting for what will happen now.

Comment

• eljulo
                  • Mar 2019

bugs on 2k resolutions, and tournaments mode

hey guys, i have multiple bugs on tournament mode

- the game crash 3 times for 5
                  - i have sometimes a latency on my flips

I try to play on 2k resolutions (i ve reinstalled my game)
                  - Impossible to play in 2k without crash and sometimes the zoom are too big, i need to restart my game to play.

On the table black rose :

- i cannot play without scores on the screens, i have to press y 2 times every games i played for display the score on the screen

Best regards

Comment

• wims_Beta
                    • Jun 2017

Thank you all.

ZS is now aware about this thread, I really hope it will have an effect and all major bugs will be fixed.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Chili
                      Community Representative
                      • Mar 2018

Hi Everyone!

We know about this issue already, and our team is currently working on a solution. We appreciate your patience!

Zen Team

Comment

• Tarek Oberdieck
                        • Sep 2018

Hard to say, but i can imagine that it's not possible to fix the Rewind Bug for the Williams tables. For me it looks like the original ROM itself chrashes and this result in a complete termination of the game. These ROMs are not developed from Williams for wayback operations and other things that Zen does. At least i guess that's the problem. Anyway a few words from Zen about this bug would be nice. Either fix it or give a statement that it's unsolvable...
                        Last edited by Tarek Oberdieck; 03-22-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Tarek Oberdieck
                          Hard to say, but i can imagine that it's not possible to fix the Rewind Bug for the Williams tables. For me it looks like the original ROM itself chrashes and this result in a complete termination of the game. These ROMs are not developed from Williams for wayback operations and other things that Zen does. At least i guess that's the problem. Anyway a few words from Zen about this bug would be nice. Either fix it or give a statement that it's unsolvable...
                          The rom was not set up to pause or double score or any of the things you can do and basically when you rewind you are merely pausing and rewinding the buffer then unpausing so I don't see how this is unfixable or contrary to the roms program. Btw............you da man Tarek. Why don't you play tournaments?

sigpic

Comment

• Tarek Oberdieck
                            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by cantankerous--
                            The rom was not set up to pause or double score or any of the things you can do and basically when you rewind you are merely pausing and rewinding the buffer then unpausing so I don't see how this is unfixable or contrary to the roms program.
                            I hope you keep right...

Originally posted by cantankerous--
                            Btw............you da man Tarek. Why don't you play tournaments?
                            I've played a few tournaments in FX3, mostly on the Williams tables, a few on Zen originals I like (Sorcerer's Lair, Ant-Man, Star Wars Solo...) My priority at the moment is it to go for some good scores that stay forever on the leaderboards. I also do not like all the tables and all tournament modes. Timed is ok, 1-Ball is good, the new tournament settings are great. Classic and Normal take too long for a tournament.
                            Last edited by Tarek Oberdieck; 03-22-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Tarek Oberdieck
                              I hope you keep right...

I've played a few tournaments in FX3, mostly on the Williams tables, a few on Zen originals I like (Sorcerer's Lair, Ant-Man, Star Wars Solo...) My priority at the moment is it to go for some good scores that stay forever on the leaderboards. I also do not like all the tables and all tournament modes. Timed is ok, 1-Ball is good, the new tournament settings are great. Classic and Normal take too long for a tournament.
                              Just one ball and normal game play that allows for saving to me at least have no integrity since they can be cheated too easily, so I rarely except for trophy hunting ever compete in them and prefer tournament and 5 minute and survival where at least to my knowledge other than the computer cheaters seem more legit.

sigpic

Comment

Working...