Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Llabnip
    • Jun 2012

Any New Non Real World Tables Upcoming?

While I’m super glad Zen got the Williams license and love that real world tables will be a part of the game now I do worry that with so many tables out there that they could now recreate that we’ll be seeing a lot fewer of the original made by Zen tables that have made their games so great. I enjoy the remakes and am glad for the added variety they offer, but I greatly prefer the Zen made tables. What I like most about Zen’s tables are that they feel like real pinball but allow for things that just wouldn’t be possible in real life. Plus I find them to be a lot deeper in terms of gameplay.
    I would have thought we’d have gotten a Black Panther Table well before now, especially with how successful that movie was. Now that Captain Marvel has arrived I’m hoping we’ll see a new Marvel table pack soon. If we don’t then I’m going to start getting worried that the near future might be replicas only.
  • Slaphammer
    • Feb 2014

I don't really care about any of the Williams recreations, I want more original tables. Not only do I prefer their themes but I think they play better as well. I'm not buying any of the Williams stuff (so far) so it's been a while since I've freshened up the collection.

Comment

• ALH2012
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Llabnip
      If we don’t then I’m going to start getting worried that the near future might be replicas only.
      Yeah i hope Zen isn't stretching themselves too thin.Zen Originals need to remain the foundation of the library.The emphasis towards Williams at the moment is too lopsided.

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

I guess there are two sides to every coin. I was burned out on Zen's original tables mostly because games are too easy and /or last forever once you reach a certain point of proficiency. I just don't have the time or interest anymore to play a single game that last for hours. I still find many of themes interesting and fun to play except for the long games. The release of the Williams tables, especially with the arcade physics, rekindled my interest and I'm playing it now more than ever (well, it is broken at the moment on Mac Zen Pinball 2 so I hope they fix the performance issues soon). I much prefer multiple goes on a table in the time I have available. I will find it very hard to purchase new Zen tables unless they also come out with the realistic, classic single player physics as well.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• cantankerous--
          Pinball Wizard
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Cloda
          I guess there are two sides to every coin. I was burned out on Zen's original tables mostly because games are too easy and /or last forever once you reach a certain point of proficiency. I just don't have the time or interest anymore to play a single game that last for hours. I still find many of themes interesting and fun to play except for the long games. The release of the Williams tables, especially with the arcade physics, rekindled my interest and I'm playing it now more than ever (well, it is broken at the moment on Mac Zen Pinball 2 so I hope they fix the performance issues soon). I much prefer multiple goes on a table in the time I have available. I will find it very hard to purchase new Zen tables unless they also come out with the realistic, classic single player physics as well.
          I wouldn't be into the floaty physics, assuming they have to use the same building tools as used prior to the williams release, but if they could make something new that had fast physics I would be into that.
          Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
          2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
          3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
          sigpic

Comment

• hitman12
            • Nov 2018

I can play real tables for hours on end while the tables invented by Zen very quickly bore me. The majority is very easy and has a very simple ruleset and the game is based on 90% Zen tables on whacking ramps and making combos. I like the Zen tables only Epic Quest and several others.

Comment

• Wotto
              • Aug 2018

I have said for ages we should have a vpx style editor option in FX3 where we can shorten the flippers etc. Love the game but they're too easy and there's no way to make em harder.

Likewise I have zero interest in WMS tables and want more originals with crazy ideas in them......and that's been a while

Comment

• Dazren
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by hitman12
                I can play real tables for hours on end while the tables invented by Zen very quickly bore me.

I agree. Playing these Williams tables has me starting up game console again which no other games has gotten me to do. I would love a few more Williams packs before they move to something else.

Comment

• rmaultra
                  Pinhead
                  • Jan 2018

Need More Original Tables

With the universal studios license that ZEN has I for one am looking forward to more movie related type of pinball tables. I sure enjoy the Star Wars tables the best as well as Doom and alien versus Predator. The Williams tables are certainly a nice addition to my collection but do you enjoy ability for them is far below anything that sin produces that is original it when I say original it could be an original table that they have created like Excalibar or anything else that they've done outside of that realm like Star Wars or Marvel However given the lack of marvel tables lately I'm thinking that ZEN may have lost their license for marvel.

Comment

• Buffaloball
                    • Jul 2017

I like everything ZEN does but I must admit it's been a while since I don't play on original ZEN tables , I'm so used to play with the arcade physics on Williams tables now !
                    Many of us would love to play original ZEN tables with arcade physics but I'm starting to think that this option would involve major changes to the tables and that it's just not cost-effective for ZEN reshape all the tables.
                    Who knows, maybe the next original ZEN tables will be designed so that they can be played with the Williams arcade physics , what a nice update it would be !

Comment

• Moosebox
                      • Jun 2018

If either real world or original tables, all I want are tables that actually punish you for poor shots. That's what is so great about the Williams/Bally tables, it actually takes some skill to get a nice score, and games don't last forever.

I've had games on zen original tables that I've just had to end because they go on forever since it's almost impossible to drain the ball down the center and the outlanes are pretty forgiving.

It seems like the next table/pack might be a Star Wars one, since they have a tweet saying that they have something new coming and are showing it next week at a SW convention. I believe Stern is also attending the same con, so maybe zen has the license for Stern Star Wars pinball... but probably not.

Comment

• Deco
                        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Buffaloball
                        ...I'm so used to play with the arcade physics on Williams tables now !
                        Many of us would love to play original ZEN tables with arcade physics...
                        this

Comment

• RonnieBoy
                          • Apr 2011

What you have to realize it's that it's not just applying physics and you are done. The whole tables are designed around the physics, things will break, not work as intended and you would have to re-balance everything, it might cost a lot of time and in the end it might not even be worth it. I think it's better if Zen focuses on new tables instead, both remakes and originals and maybe experiment with physics on new originals.

Comment

• hunter328
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Llabnip
                            While I’m super glad Zen got the Williams license and love that real world tables will be a part of the game now I do worry that with so many tables out there that they could now recreate that we’ll be seeing a lot fewer of the original made by Zen tables that have made their games so great. I enjoy the remakes and am glad for the added variety they offer, but I greatly prefer the Zen made tables. What I like most about Zen’s tables are that they feel like real pinball but allow for things that just wouldn’t be possible in real life. Plus I find them to be a lot deeper in terms of gameplay.
                            I would have thought we’d have gotten a Black Panther Table well before now, especially with how successful that movie was. Now that Captain Marvel has arrived I’m hoping we’ll see a new Marvel table pack soon. If we don’t then I’m going to start getting worried that the near future might be replicas only.
                            I was actually going to ask the same thing and saw your thread first. I too enjoy the change of pace and the variety having the Williams license offers, but for me those tables are missing the elements that made Zen Pinball, ZP2, PBFX3 etc one of my favorite games of all time. I think Zen’s Williams’ tables are the best recreations out there, but there’s always been other options for playing real world tables where as Zen Pinball offered something you could only get in their game and that’s the type of gameplay I fell in love with and am hooked on.
                            As far as difficulty goes, I know that when I first started playing Zen Pinball years ago I found the tables to be plenty difficult enough. With practice they became a lot easier, but I think Zen has done a good job of tweaking things as time moved on to make them more difficult (stronger slingshots started appearing around the time the South Park tables were released, and then everything got a difficulty bump with the transition to PBFX3). That said, I really don’t want my Zen tables to be as difficult as the Williams tables. Learning a new Zen table and eventually mastering it to the point where you feel like you’re really in control is an awesome feeling and one of the things I like most about Zen tables. Add in the extra depth, the impossible to do in the real world elements, and their awesome creative ability that provides entertaining, never before seen tables and for me that’s what makes their games so special.
                            I’m all for more real world tables coming. There are a few I’d like to see as much as an all new Zen table (getting the Data East license for their Star Wars table would be #1 on my list). I’m just hoping we’ll still be getting an equal amount of new Zen tables as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

• cantankerous--
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Nov 2016

According to Zens facebook page they are attending some star wars convention that I believe is tomorrow 4/11 and they said they might reveal something there. One would assume a new star wars table or perhaps a license allowing them to put current tables on the switch?

If its tomorrow, maybe we will find out something.
                              Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                              2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                              3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...