Thread: Cabinet Mode newbie question

Cool Cabinet Mode newbie question

Hi Guys!
    Only new to the ZEN cabinet. I have built a few with Future Pinball and Visual Pinball. Anyway I just have a quick question.

I have read through both FAQ's and have one question. Can the cabinet mode be turned off? Or does it stay resident on the machine it was turned on? For instance, I have my cabinet and also my gaming computer, If I shut down the cabinet and play on the computer, will I have to re-adjust everything?

Just hand built a Mini Cab and am debating putting ZEN on it. I have my code already.

Thanks!
    Doug in Oregon

I don't believe the is an 'off' option once you enable cab mode, but you can turn the 'cabinet mode' backglass and dmd off and on whenever you want.

I have a cabinet PC and and a separate gaming PC, and when I open Pinball FX3 on the gaming PC, it resets cabinet mode to disabled, and when I open it on my cabinet PC, I need to re-activate cabinet mode again using the code (but it does save the configuration details).

Quote Originally Posted by dnachristen View Post
    Hi Guys!
    Only new to the ZEN cabinet. I have built a few with Future Pinball and Visual Pinball. Anyway I just have a quick question.

I have read through both FAQ's and have one question. Can the cabinet mode be turned off? Or does it stay resident on the machine it was turned on? For instance, I have my cabinet and also my gaming computer, If I shut down the cabinet and play on the computer, will I have to re-adjust everything?

Just hand built a Mini Cab and am debating putting ZEN on it. I have my code already.

Thanks!
    Doug in Oregon
    I was in the same configuration.
    To avoid all possible problem with steam on two computers, i created a new account only for pinball fx3 on my pincab
    I still have fx3 on my "standard" computer with the first williams pack, i don't have problem to play on it with a different resolution and only one screen.
    As many games i think the video options are stored on each computer.

Note i didn' t tried recently, some tables are free to play, so ... try

Since i put fx3 on my pincab, i removed all others pinball simulations
    Last edited by stefb; 03-28-2019 at 07:59 AM. Reason: errors