Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pilda
    • Mar 2019

Ridiculously difficult Test of Skill

I have been doing Test of Skill for several hours and I am not able to do it. I even watched two videos on youtube and yet I am not able to do it. The test is ridiculously difficult and I cannot continue the game because of it.

It is totally frustrating. I want to play the game and I cannot. Could you make the test a bit easier? Or do it just optional, with option to fail it and continue. I am totally desperate.
  • Jermu11
    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Pilda
    I have been doing Test of Skill for several hours and I am not able to do it. I even watched two videos on youtube and yet I am not able to do it. The test is ridiculously difficult and I cannot continue the game because of it.

It is totally frustrating. I want to play the game and I cannot. Could you make the test a bit easier? Or do it just optional, with option to fail it and continue. I am totally desperate.
    Same, been stuck 2 hours most likely because of my computer is slow (not sure how good idea it is to have mandatory reflex game in turn based rpg..)

Comment

• Ghz
      Producer
      • Apr 2016

Just pay attention to the trapdoors, there are two of them which never open.

Comment

• Undero
        • Apr 2019

Sorry devs, but uve screwed this riddle a bit ;p. all timing u need is going FORWARD ONLY, just observe and time it right ;p
        Last edited by Undero; 04-03-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Ghz
          Producer
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Undero
          Sorry devs, but uve screwed this riddle a bit ;p. all timing u need is going FORWARD ONLY, just observe and time it right ;p
          We did implement a system where the puzzle gets easier the more you fall down. So if you managed to get through at the first time, then kudos to you!

Comment

• Undero
            • Apr 2019

Skill test

Originally posted by Ghz
            We did implement a system where the puzzle gets easier the more you fall down. So if you managed to get through at the first time, then kudos to you!
            Nope, it wasnt 1st try, ive screwed at least once (no more than twice) executing my plan Kudos to you for such great game!

Comment

• Pilda
              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Ghz
              Aha, then that's why I even was not able to reproduce the way I saw in some videos on Youtube. The two people that recorded it do it before it changed. I am afraid it did the puzzle even harder. People who are not able to solve it themselves cannot check the solution on the Internet. At least currently.

I did it the other day at last. It took me overaly about 3 hours and it was the most frustrating moment in a game in my life. I love the game and I want to play it again but I am really frightened to do that because I don't want to do it again.

Edit: Are you sure it is easier later and not on the contrary? Because the way the people went through in the videos seemed to be easier than I had to do in the end. Maybe it is a bug.
              Last edited by Pilda; 04-03-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Undero
                • Apr 2019

skill test

Aha, then that's why I even was not able to reproduce the way I saw in some videos on Youtube. The two people that recorded it do it before it changed. I am afraid it did the puzzle even harder. People who are not able to solve it themselves cannot check the solution on the Internet. At least currently.

I did it the other day at last. It took me overaly about 3 hours and it was the most frustrating moment in a game in my life. I love the game and I want to play it again but I am really frightened to do that because I don't want to do it again.

Edit: Are you sure it is easier later and not on the contrary? Because the way the people went through in the videos seemed to be easier than I had to do in the end. Maybe it is a bug.
                as stationed above, stay on the start tile... and watch... (DONT pay attention on lightning when it strikes tile just ahead of you, its not area reset time)... focus on tiles only... u can make it thru by just going forward.

Comment

• DawnrazorDCLXVI
                  • Mar 2019

Here's how I did it: go three tiles forward on the left, three tiles forward in the middle, duck left onto the unmoving tile, then when the tiles raise, go left onto the middle tiles, and two forward again.

Comment

• po1980
                    • Apr 2019

test of skill

Originally posted by DawnrazorDCLXVI
                    Here's how I did it: go three tiles forward on the left, three tiles forward in the middle, duck left onto the unmoving tile, then when the tiles raise, go left onto the middle tiles, and two forward again.
                    I was able to get through it after falling down one time, but i'm on Xbox One. I also remember that kind of watched what they were doing and went through quite quickly. i wonder if maybe the controls are actually better and easier for xbox. i really really love how the controls look and feel on the xbox version. there is a death trap later in the game (Deep Copper Forest) though that i'm having trouble getting through without taking damage but in this case, you can still progress fine if u get hit some number of times.

-po1980

Comment

• Farticusmaximus
                      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Ghz
                      I dont think you did.

Could you implement a way around? This kind of puzzle does not belong in a turn based game.

It has ruined the experience and is nothing but pure frustration.

Comment

• paulj80
                        • Apr 2019

I was able to do it by using the save and quit option I run to a non working trap then save quit then resume if I messed up I quit game and start it again . Falling down and doing it again dose slow the dropping traps. But I noticed that maybe the traps become out of sync so they are not dropping and rising. I got to last non working trap I go forward then right the one to my left I just stepped off drops they front one rises I go forward then I have completed trap puzzle but I noticed that when the traps have cycled dropping and rising that if I was to do it again going forward then then right that the one I stepped off and one I am on drop before the one in front of me. The first cycle of dropping and rising seem right but then all following cycles some traps seem to drop earlier than they should .

Comment

• DawnrazorDCLXVI
                          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by paulj80
                          I was able to do it by using the save and quit option I run to a non working trap then save quit then resume if I messed up I quit game and start it again . Falling down and doing it again dose slow the dropping traps. But I noticed that maybe the traps become out of sync so they are not dropping and rising. I got to last non working trap I go forward then right the one to my left I just stepped off drops they front one rises I go forward then I have completed trap puzzle but I noticed that when the traps have cycled dropping and rising that if I was to do it again going forward then then right that the one I stepped off and one I am on drop before the one in front of me. The first cycle of dropping and rising seem right but then all following cycles some traps seem to drop earlier than they should .

Look for the lightning that strikes each tile before it drops. Huge cue!

Comment

• jimmyfloyd
                            • Apr 2019

I wasted 3 days of my life to solve this test. Impossible for me. Is there any other option to skip the test ? It´s a great game, but this annoying test kills it for me.

Comment

• Pilda
                              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd
                              I wasted 3 days of my life to solve this test. Impossible for me. Is there any other option to skip the test ? It´s a great game, but this annoying test kills it for me.

No, there is not, unfortunately.

I did it in the end and a piece of advice from an user here helped me. Just forget about the lightnings and just look at the plates. The lighning is just disturbing there. It took me just a few attempts with ignoring the lightnings.

Comment

Working...