Thread: Breakable Wall in Balvanyos

Question Breakable Wall in Balvanyos

Hi,

Behind the secret door in Balvanyos, there is another wall that looks breakable. Has anyone figured out how to open it?

Also, there is a second rune door (I already found the first rune behind the secret wall) that needs opening.

Two questions for the price of one,

-Dawnrazor

Quote Originally Posted by DawnrazorDCLXVI View Post
    Hi,

Behind the secret door in Balvanyos, there is another wall that looks breakable. Has anyone figured out how to open it?

Also, there is a second rune door (I already found the first rune behind the secret wall) that needs opening.

Two questions for the price of one,

-Dawnrazor
    Could you upload your level map so I'll be able to help you with this?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by NSzF View Post
    Could you upload your level map so I'll be able to help you with this?
    Here is a map with the breakable wall next to where I am standing. There is also a rune door on the left. I circled both locations. Sorry for the quality. I couldn't figure out how to take a screenshot without external hardware, so I used a cellphone for the image.

https://oi6.photobucket.com/albums/y...erenciaMap.jpg

Default The door behind the dragon face

Here is a map with the breakable wall next to where I am standing. There is also a rune door on the left. I circled both locations. Sorry for the quality. I couldn't figure out how to take a screenshot without external hardware, so I used a cellphone for the image.

https://oi6.photobucket.com/albums/y...erenciaMap.jpg
    Hello, I have managed to achieve 13/14 secrets in this place, i will try to help you out! I believe you are referring to the locked wooden door that you can open behind the 3rd Dragon face that is on the wall that turns invisible as long as you follow the dragon's neck from the body drawing to this face drawing? **SPOILER**

This door is opened by a secret button that is on a wall,

**MORE SPOILER***in the area that is just BEFORE you enter the dragon-art area. as u enter that area, look to the wall on your left. you will find a button that can be pushed.

**MORE SPOILER***
    This button as you will figure out, opens that wooden door behind the 3rd dragon face. HOWEVER, even when i walked as fast as possible down the path of that dragon face's neck, to enter through the wall, the wooden door always shuts just before i can get there.

***MORE SPOILER You will observe a character say something like, "right now we cannot get there in time" or something like that, which i assume means that later in the game , we will acquire an ability that will allow us to reach that door in time! So dont worry about this secret for now!

Hope this helped!

PS: regarding your other question , YES, there are TWO secret rune keys that you can find on the walls after activating the Vial of Light - i will attempt to take screen shots of where these are for you, and if i cannot do that i will describe for you, i will reply again soon!

-po1980

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by po1980 View Post
    Hello, I have managed to achieve 13/14 secrets in this place, i will try to help you out! I believe you are referring to the locked wooden door that you can open behind the 3rd Dragon face that is on the wall that turns invisible as long as you follow the dragon's neck from the body drawing to this face drawing? **SPOILER**

This door is opened by a secret button that is on a wall,

**MORE SPOILER***in the area that is just BEFORE you enter the dragon-art area. as u enter that area, look to the wall on your left. you will find a button that can be pushed.

**MORE SPOILER***
    This button as you will figure out, opens that wooden door behind the 3rd dragon face. HOWEVER, even when i walked as fast as possible down the path of that dragon face's neck, to enter through the wall, the wooden door always shuts just before i can get there.

***MORE SPOILER You will observe a character say something like, "right now we cannot get there in time" or something like that, which i assume means that later in the game , we will acquire an ability that will allow us to reach that door in time! So dont worry about this secret for now!

Hope this helped!

PS: regarding your other question , YES, there are TWO secret rune keys that you can find on the walls after activating the Vial of Light - i will attempt to take screen shots of where these are for you, and if i cannot do that i will describe for you, i will reply again soon!

-po1980
    I'll keep the dragon puzzle in mind, but there is a wall you can see through cracks to the other side of that I haven't figured out how to open. Definitely appreciate any pics of the rune that opens the rune door, however. I'll go back and try to figure out the dragon puzzle, too. I didn't even know there was one. :O

Oh man, I'm sorry- dont read that stuff i wrote about dragon face then, you should try to figure it out first before you look at my hints I misunderstood what you were asking about. i will reply soon about the 2nd rune and that wall u asked about!

Oh man, I'm sorry- dont read that stuff i wrote about dragon face then, you should try to figure it out first before you look at my hints I misunderstood what you were asking about. i will reply soon about the 2nd rune and that wall u asked about!
    I circled both locations on the map I posted earlier in the thread. Lmk.

I circled both locations on the map I posted earlier in the thread. Lmk.
    SORRY about the delay on this! I have created a short 1min-ish video and posted it to YouTube to show u the location of the Light Runes and also to point out a chest that you haven't found (that is very good loot if i remember correctly) in that room with the Dice. I haven't shown you how to make it appear tho. A hint would be to try some things with the Dice...something that u havent had to do with them for the main puzzle to escape the area.

Link to you YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-zj...ature=youtu.be

i would be happy to make more videos like this if anyone needs help. also take a look at my map and u will see a couple chests i think that you havent found yet.

(Moderators if this link is not permitted I apologize please let me know, i assumed you would not mind me making and posting this video since it is easier than trying to upload a 56mb attachment video to help this user).

Regarding that wall where u can see a small crack through it, that is a red herring, you can't get behind that.

Also, i noticed you did not get that chest that is up on that pulley in the far far lower right corner of the map. i have a screen shot here of a spot that you can go to in order to progress on this chest. Since it is hard to attach my photo i will try to create OneDrive link to my photo so show you this.

PIC SHOWING HOW TO GET PULLY CHEST TO COME DOWN: HINT: THERE IS A BUTTON ON A WALL NEARBY IF U DONT WANT THE PIC TO SPOIL IT!! https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNBuSjiel_whhFXJ2yHnrAX07pr

-po1980
    Last edited by po1980; 04-08-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Cool

Thanks! I managed to find the secrets you mentioned, including the dragon head with the locked door behind it. I just have one question: can you give me some hint on how to get the chest in the room with the dice puzzle you mentioned? That's the only puzzle that has me stumped. Thanks!

Lightbulb

Thanks! I managed to find the secrets you mentioned, including the dragon head with the locked door behind it. I just have one question: can you give me some hint on how to get the chest in the room with the dice puzzle you mentioned? That's the only puzzle that has me stumped. Thanks!
    Also, it appears there is another breakable wall in the lower right corner, near the room with the dice. Is that another red herring?

Regarding the dragon faces on teh walls - all 3 of them are fake walls. have u figured out how to get thru all 3 of them? only the 3rd has a door tho.

with the dice - you just make all 4 of them SKULL.

you should be able to get 13/14 secrets before passing this level. i dont THINK the wall u asked about is anything.

if you dont have 13/14 after doing all this, let me know and i'll try to figure out what u missed.

-po1980

I mean to ask you, was that youtube video helpful?

Video was helpful, thank you. I have no idea how to get through the remaining dragon heads?

PS: I changed all the dice to the "chest" icon. Figured that would open it. Never would have guessed skulls, the former seems more obvious.
    Last edited by DawnrazorDCLXVI; 04-09-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Video was helpful, thank you. I have no idea how to get through the remaining dragon heads?

PS: I changed all the dice to the "chest" icon. Figured that would open it. Never would have guessed skulls, the former seems more obvious.
    The first thing i tried was all 4 skulls cuz those were not used in the main puzzle so i reasoned that htey must be there for a reason.

That dragon face puzzle- if u start at the dragon's body, u will see its a 3 headed dragon... there are 3 necks leading off the body to the heads. follow each neck to its head.

oh man there is a humdinger of a puzzle in the level i'm on now, lol. good news is i've found almost every secret in the prior levels except the statue head in level 1 and the small hole in level 3 tomb.

you should be able to find 13/14 secrets before u move on. the one u cannot do is that door behind the dragon face.
    Last edited by po1980; 04-09-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Have you found a use for the crown quest item and the stinky boots yet? They've been sitting in my inventory for quite some time.

Have you found a use for the crown quest item and the stinky boots yet? They've been sitting in my inventory for quite some time.
    yes, the stinky boots i had the idea to use wiht something that was pretty random. something that wants food. you found a note that references a copper crown right? when you find that thing the prisoner refers to, you will know.

Thanks! I will look back through my journal.

the clue I got was that when you interact with this particular thing yoshka says something about he wishes he could feed it something really nasty

What is the name of the note that references the copper crown btw? Thanks for all the help.

its a note u find in lake of anna i believe something about prisoner

Found the note. Deep into the copper forest now. There is a machine to smelt the copper branches with pictures above each dial. Without giving the solution, how do I figure this one out?

haha oh man is this the one that has the machine with the 3 pipes coming out the top? if it is, that's the clue right there. if this is the one i'm thikning of, i stared at this one for a while, lol.

haha oh man is this the one that has the machine with the 3 pipes coming out the top? if it is, that's the clue right there. if this is the one i'm thikning of, i stared at this one for a while, lol.
    Spot on. I'll observe the pipes. More later.