Thread: How can I brew more potions?

Question How can I brew more potions?

Not much more to add to that title Q; I've used up all my initial 3 potions but can't figure out how to brew more. I've gone back to the cauldron screen in camp many time but when I get to each potion's recipe screen, I don't see any way to brew more. So far I have cherry bomb, herbal tea and Rhodiola brew and can't make more of any of them.

Playing on Xbox. Please help.

Thanks.

You have to find more recipes if you want to brew more type of potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilda View Post
    You have to find more recipes if you want to brew more type of potions.
    Thanks for quick reply, Pilda. But I don't want to brew new potions, I only want to brew *more* of the recipes I already have. I have used up the first batch I made in combat and I want to make more of the same.

Thanks.

I believe potions recharge over time? Am I wrong?

You will have the possibility to buy an item that add +1 to your potions limit. Resting should restock the potions you have slots for (I am not sure about this, though).

Every time you "REST" at a campsite, it refills all your potions! plus keep your eyes open on Elia's special items later on you will find some good ones for potions, too.

-po1980

May I add, brewing potions was my favorite part of this game! I love how we are rewarded xp for actions outside of combat. I bought every potion recipe and brewed it just for the bonus xp. Haven't used a single one in combat yet, and only one healing potion outside combat if my memory serves. The puzzles make combat trivial by comparison, even if they did not have me as confounded as Myst/Riven.

How can I make more of the potions we use in combat, not the ones that we use outside of combat that refill with every campsite rest?

Quote Originally Posted by roosse View Post
    How can I make more of the potions we use in combat, not the ones that we use outside of combat that refill with every campsite rest?
    They are the same. You can use the potions in combat or out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilda View Post
    They are the same. You can use the potions in combat or out of combat.
    I'll be darned, how did I miss that?

Thank you everyone for your info and thoughts. I have so far resisted looking up any spoilers but as this game opens up and becomes larger and more complex, I suspect I will be back.

Have you all finished it? How many dungeon levels in total are there?

I am deep in the copper forest, and at this rate, I'd estimate 20+ hours of play.

the logic puzzles of the potions made me glad i took logic in college lol.