What are the chances of Pinball FX3 coming to Oculus Quest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tinyhorsesinmytea
    • Sep 2018

What are the chances of Pinball FX3 coming to Oculus Quest?

In a few weeks, Oculus is releasing their first standalone, game focused VR headset... take it out of the box, put it on, play it without any complicated setup process or expensive PC, phone, or game console necessary. I'm personally very excited and think it might be the first real chance for VR to be accessible enough to catch on if they market it properly and release the right content.

This of course gets one to thinking about how perfect those Williams/Bally tables would be in VR. It would pretty much be the best thing next to playing a real machine.

Please, Zen? I promise I'll repurchase every table in VR. <3
  • Boulderdash
    Pinball Wizard
    • Sep 2011

Exactly my thoughts. I'm totally unknown with any kind of VR, but seeing the specifications and price, this Oculus Quest looks like pinball heaven to me.

Comment

• kleio
      • May 2019

I would love to see this. I already have a regular VR headset but I don't use it often because it's not convenient. Something wireless and standalone I could see myself using much more frequently.

Comment

• chilli_cat
        • Jan 2016

Very interested in this too - Would be very cool!

Comment

• McLovin
          Marketing Manager
          • Apr 2017

We've been following the new advances in VR with great interest, and the Quest looks fantastic. No official word on this yet, but I'd say it makes sense to expand our VR spectrum

Comment

• The Omega M4n
            Pinhead
            • Apr 2013

They have FX2 VR is on the Go so i doubt the Quest would be too much of a chore to port fx2vr or fx3.
            xBL GT: The Omega M4N
            Steam OMEGA MAN
            PS4 Firefox2000

Comment

• king_pin
              • May 2019

Update?

Just wondering if there is any new information on Oculus quest support? I'd love to setup a system using the quest and the pinsim virtual controller. It would be great if you could support the quest as well as gamepads in the quest to make this setup possible. In my opinion this would be the ultimate VR pinball setup and make the experience so much more realistic. Thanks for all the hard work. Love pinballfx so much! Also, any plans on bringing Williams / bally tables to VR?

Comment

• tinyhorsesinmytea
                • Sep 2018

I'm loving this thing so far, but it sure could use some pinball! Hopefully it sells well and gives developers an incentive to support it. Everybody I've showed it to so far has seemed pretty blown away, so I'm optimistic Oculus might have a successful product here.

Comment

• Strategicleez
                  • Nov 2018

Darned VR makes me sick I tried it with the Switch and it didn't work out for me. It was really beautiful playing zelda in VR but it was a vertigo experience for me made me dizzy and sick. I hope you guys have fun with it though and VR would be awesome with pinball.

Comment

• DMR140
                    • May 2019

Every game platform deserves a descent pinball game. Better be there first! Already looking forward to a virtual arcade where you can walk around and pick a table.

Comment

• Strategicleez
                      • Nov 2018

I may try it out again, I do have a virtual reality arcade near my house maybe I'll try that.

Comment

• tinyhorsesinmytea
                        • Sep 2018

Yes, definitely give some real six degrees of freedom VR a shot. Those cheesy cardboard contraptions don't even come close to living up to a proper VR experience like Superhot.

Comment

• kurst
                          • May 2018

Originally posted by McLovin
                          We've been following the new advances in VR with great interest, and the Quest looks fantastic. No official word on this yet, but I'd say it makes sense to expand our VR spectrum
                          While I would hope some sort of cross buy with the Go..... But even if there is no cross buy and if it does get ported to Quest you got a person who is willing to pick it up again even it's FX2 with the same tables would love to be able to look around the side of the pinball machines.

Just loved it on the GO wish it on the Quest

Comment

• The Omega M4n
                            Pinhead
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Strategicleez
                            Darned VR makes me sick I tried it with the Switch and it didn't work out for me. It was really beautiful playing zelda in VR but it was a vertigo experience for me made me dizzy and sick. I hope you guys have fun with it though and VR would be awesome with pinball.
                            It is no wonder you got sick, that ninty branded google VR cardboard should not even be classed as vr, and i can't imagine the nausea it must have been causing with its unstable frame rate that must have been dropping down into single digits, now if you really want to try real pinball vr grab a WMR headset or a vive or Rift, or even PSVR on the PS4..... then play FX2 VR or Stern pinball or Zaccaria pinball which all support full VR, then you will see how real VR should work.
                            xBL GT: The Omega M4N
                            Steam OMEGA MAN
                            PS4 Firefox2000

Comment

• tinyhorsesinmytea
                              • Sep 2018

Yes, any cardboard nonsense is poisoning the well for proper VR. It's like comparing one of those Tiger Electronics games to a Nintendo Entertainment System. Cardboard attached to a mobile device is a novelty and nothing more.

Comment

Working...