X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Williams Pinball 4 update notes

Hi everyone, for some platforms this update arrived already, for others it will roll out before May 28.

What's in there:

- Support for Williams™ Pinball: Volume 4

- Williams™ Pinball: Volume 4 tables feature brand new, further improved physics for the flippers

- Fixed a possible crash while using the Rewind powerup

- Fixed an unexpected multiball mode start on the Family Guy table while the player used the rewind powerup during gameplay

- Fixed a rare table lockdown on The Champion Pub™ and Theatre of magic™ tables caused by viewing the table guide

- Fixed a bug on Epic Quest where a Tournament could reset the Single Player progress

- Theatre of Magic and Safe Cracker have been updated with minor bugfixes
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

Is it possible, before release to see a video of the new flipper physics in action? Also, this new physics will not work retroactively on previous williams tables? I assumed not since you continue to post it as a feature for Williams pinball tables 4 pack, but thought I would ask for clarification.

PS4 got the patch this morning, but included notes only say: Support for Williams™ Pinball: Volume 4
    Thanks for the additional information.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• McLovin
      Marketing Manager
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by cantankerous--
      Is it possible, before release to see a video of the new flipper physics in action? Also, this new physics will not work retroactively on previous williams tables? I assumed not since you continue to post it as a feature for Williams pinball tables 4 pack, but thought I would ask for clarification.

PS4 got the patch this morning, but included notes only say: Support for Williams™ Pinball: Volume 4
      Thanks for the additional information.
      I might check the Zen channels tomorrow *winky face* EDIT: The new system will come to WMS4 only to test it out and fine-tune. I am hopeful that we can retrofit it in the future.

Also, I'd like to convey the patch info more from now on per popular request.

Comment

• cantankerous--
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by McLovin

Also, I'd like to convey the patch info more from now on per popular request.
        I'm a trend starter, the others are just followalongers :P All kidding aside, good to hear about posting patch notes asap and any new improvements to physics that creates a more realistic game experience is always a blessing to the community.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
        3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
        sigpic

Comment

• tfhfony
          Pinball Wizard
          • Mar 2013

Still missing the following updates:

* 4K for PS4Pro
          * Being able to remove the censorship ZEN needlessly (in Europe) applies.
          https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
          https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• wims_Beta
            • Jun 2017

Hi !

What about the double scoring bug that affects all the tables and leaderboards since the Volume 2 release ?
            Please dont release a volume 4 with this bug.
            sigpic

Comment

• cantankerous--
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by wims_Beta
              Hi !

What about the double scoring bug that affects all the tables and leaderboards since the Volume 2 release ?
              What double scoring bug other than the black rose in classic mode double scoring bug?

sigpic

Comment

• wims_Beta
                • Jun 2017

What double scoring bug other than the black rose in classic mode double scoring bug?
                It happens on many other tables (may be all the tables). I saw this bug on Black Rose as you said, Theatre of Magic, Medieval Madness, Junk Yard. Always on classic modes.

The 3 packs are affected since Volume 2 release. I hope it wont be the case on Volume 4, but I have a little doubt.
                sigpic

Comment

• cantankerous--
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2016

It happens on many other tables (may be all the tables). I saw this bug on Black Rose as you said, Theatre of Magic, Medieval Madness, Junk Yard. Always on classic modes.

The 3 packs are affected since Volume 2 release. I hope it wont be the case on Volume 4, but I have a little doubt.
                  Dude, totally post a video please. After posting the bug on black rose I checked every other williams table and was unable to replicate the glitch on any table other than Black Rose.

sigpic

Comment

• VirtuaDream
                    • Nov 2018

Is it live?
                    Steam ID: virtuadream

Comment

• cantankerous--
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by VirtuaDream
                      Is it live?
                      Yes, its available depending on your location. Not in the US yet.

sigpic

Comment

• wims_Beta
                        • Jun 2017

Dude, totally post a video please. After posting the bug on black rose I checked every other williams table and was unable to replicate the glitch on any table other than Black Rose.
                        Well, I've already reported this bug with some videos on Medieval Madness, Junk Yard and Party Zone.
                        Remember, here : https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...l=1#post117990

And it's the same on Theatre (I've only discover the table this weekend) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKQ2gPq4hAQ
                        ("fifty millions" gives 100 millions)

Looks like a general problem, and that destroys all classic leaderboards.
                        I really hope it's fixed now for Volume 4.
                        sigpic

Comment

• DirkSteele
                          • May 2019

On Windows 10, both Theatre of Magic and Safecracker show pending updates, but when the option to update is selected, it hangs at 0% for a second and exits to table select. Haven't been able to actually update these tables from either the game menu or the Microsoft Store updates. Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

• cantankerous--
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Nov 2016

Hi !

I think after watching your videos, which frankly do not show an instance where your entire score doubles that you and I are talking about two seperate bugs. The one I talk about in black rose classic mode you merely have to push the button that adds the zen added 3d models (o button on ps4) at last balls drain and your entire score doubles. The bug you posted is difficult to even understand what it is you are trying to illustrate in those videos, but not the same bug.

sigpic

Comment

Working...