• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PinballVirtual-Victor
    Pinhead
    • Aug 2016

It's time to perfect Pinball FX3

Zen has been giving us joy for years.

But I think that since the Williams / Bally has been taken to the market and it is being tried with Stern, the time has come for Pinball FX3 to surpass itself and still offer a better cabinet support.

Pinball FX3 must recognize Real DMD, simply activate the corresponding box in the cabinet options and it works, no third party, it must be FX3 who offers this support.

I do not have Real DMD, I use 3 monitors, but this is very important.

Pinball FX3 should generate automatically download Zen Studios official images for the backglass, for 2 or 3 monitors, depending on what the user selects in the cabinet options.

I do not have any problem in putting the images in the corresponding folder, moreover, I make these images myself, but I think it would be very positive.

These backglass images should have some lighting effects depending on the development of the game.

It does not matter to me, it is played in the playfield, but the Visual Pinball DirectB2S like a lot of users and it would be great if Pinball FX3 had this feature.

Some of these options, I find it strange that Zen Studios, after so many years, has not already implemented them and I would like to think that they are working on it.

For the rest, everything is perfect, for me, you will always be the best and this is not a criticism, it is an intention to improve the excellent and turn it into perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------

Zen lleva años dándonos alegrías.

Pero creo que ya que se ha dado el paso de lanzar al mercado las Williams / Bally y se está intentando con Stern, ha llegado el momento de que Pinball FX3 se supere y ofrezca todavía un mejor soporte cabinet.

Pinball FX3 debe reconocer DMD Reales, simplemente activar la casilla correspondiente en las opciones cabinet y que funcione, nada de terceras partes, debe ser FX3 quien ofrezca este soporte.

Yo no tengo DMD Real, uso 3 monitores, pero esto es muy importante.

Pinball FX3 debe generar descargar automáticamente imágenes oficiales de Zen Studios para el backglass, para 2 o 3 monitores, según lo que seleccione el usuario en las opciones cabinet.

Yo no tengo ningún problema en poner en la carpeta correspondiente las imágenes, es más, yo mismo hago estas imágenes, pero creo que sería algo muy positivo.

Estas imágenes de backglass deben tener algunos efectos de iluminación en función del desarrollo del juego.

A mi me da lo mismo, se juega en el playfield, pero los DirectB2S de Visual Pinball gustan mucho a la mayoría de usuarios y sería genial que Pinball FX3 tuviera esta característica.

Algunas de estas opciones, me resulta extraño que Zen Studios, después de tantos años, no las tenga ya implementadas y me gustaría pensar que se está trabajando en ello.

Por lo demás, todo perfecto, para mí, siempre seréis los mejores y esto no es una crítica, es una intención de mejorar lo excelente y convertirlo en perfecto.
  • Gpd265
    • Mar 2019

I agree 100%

If I am purchasing tables for my cabinet, I should be able to use my real DMD, I have been trying for the last two months to figure out how to use my real DMD, and still have not been able to. I am still actively trying to figure out the third party version but it would be very much appreciated if Zen could make it a simple click.

Comment

• DMR140
      • May 2019

I came across this topic a while ago: https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic...th-a-real-dmd/

Maybe it helps you on your way? All I know is that I’ve read somewhere that ZEN doesn’t provide the functionality yet and you’ll need a third party solution like this: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

Can’t wait to try it myself but I first need to set-up a PC cabinet and that will take some time to safe money because I want it to be 4K.

Comment

• PinballVirtual-Victor
        Pinhead
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by DMR140
        I came across this topic a while ago: https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic...th-a-real-dmd/

Maybe it helps you on your way? All I know is that I’ve read somewhere that ZEN doesn’t provide the functionality yet and you’ll need a third party solution like this: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

Can’t wait to try it myself but I first need to set-up a PC cabinet and that will take some time to safe money because I want it to be 4K.
        I have tried several configurations and none has worked.

Lines of launch parameters to run, I will have tested at least 7.

External DMD works perfectly with Visual Pinball

I have reviewed both the reference topics in Gamex, and others that are in VPForums or VPUniverse, none of the solutions has worked with PIN2DMD in the VPinball that I have tested.

---------------------------

He probado con varias configuraciones y ninguna ha dado resultado.

Líneas de parámetros de lanzamiento para que se ejecute habré probado al menos 7.

External DMD funciona perfectamente con Visual Pinball

He revisando tanto los temas de referencia en Gamex, como otros que hay en VPForums o VPUniverse, ninguna de las solcuiones ha funcionado con PIN2DMD en el VPinball que lo he probado.

Comment

• PinballVirtual-Victor
          Pinhead
          • Aug 2016

Anyway, the point is that Zen Studios can not depend on third parties.

Much less if the third party, may be more interested in Visual Pinball than in Pinball FX3.

Or has nobody thought this?

---------------------

De todas formas, la cuestión es que Zen Studios no puede depender de terceras partes.

Mucho menos si la tercera parte, puede estar más interesada en Visual Pinball que en Pinball FX3.

¿O nadie ha pensado esto?

Comment

• stefb
            Pinhead
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by PinballVirtual-Victor
            Zen has been giving us joy for years.

But I think that since the Williams / Bally has been taken to the market and it is being tried with Stern, the time has come for Pinball FX3 to surpass itself and still offer a better cabinet support.

Pinball FX3 must recognize Real DMD, simply activate the corresponding box in the cabinet options and it works, no third party, it must be FX3 who offers this support.

I do not have Real DMD, I use 3 monitors, but this is very important.

Pinball FX3 should generate automatically download Zen Studios official images for the backglass, for 2 or 3 monitors, depending on what the user selects in the cabinet options.

I do not have any problem in putting the images in the corresponding folder, moreover, I make these images myself, but I think it would be very positive.

These backglass images should have some lighting effects depending on the development of the game.

It does not matter to me, it is played in the playfield, but the Visual Pinball DirectB2S like a lot of users and it would be great if Pinball FX3 had this feature.

Some of these options, I find it strange that Zen Studios, after so many years, has not already implemented them and I would like to think that they are working on it.

For the rest, everything is perfect, for me, you will always be the best and this is not a criticism, it is an intention to improve the excellent and turn it into perfect.
            I simply agree , before i thought pinball fx2 was a good pinball video game, now fx3 with those williams table is simply THE pinball simulator.
            I removed all the others from my pincab.
            And yes .... as the game can show the animated backglass, an option to have it on a second monitor is really the most important option needed (for me of course ) , even not playing in a pincab, many people have now monitors on their desk.

Comment

• McLovin
              Marketing Manager
              • Apr 2017

Hi guys,

there are some valid points in this thread and there is definitely a lot of room to make the cabinet mode play even better than it does now.

I particurarly like the cabinet mode backglass images being loaded into a game, provided by us. It would be great and I believe our artists would enjoy designing these as well.

It's crazy how many people are building cabs nowadays, our cab support code sending has been blowing up.

Comment

• PinballVirtual-Victor
                Pinhead
                • Aug 2016

If there are more requests, it means that things are being done well.

What does not prevent that everything is improved as much as possible.

--------------------------------

SI hay más solicitudes, quiere decir que se están haciendo bien las cosas.

Lo que no impide que se mejore todo lo que se pueda.

Comment

• Vincent
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Sep 2010

Maybe a nice start would be to allow Portrait Mode on the One ?

Comment

• FRAQATTAQ
                    • Sep 2017

Yes! I also appreciate your tables so much. And it`s blessing that you do the Williams / Bally tables. It`s so much more fun now.

But I agree. As a cab owner, it`s kind of annoying to use 3rd party stuff to make the cab fully work.

Having an active backglass, or the support of the most common boards like the pincontrol that makes my toys work would be just the final touch.

Comment

• stefb
                      Pinhead
                      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by McLovin
                      Hi guys,

It's crazy how many people are building cabs nowadays, our cab support code sending has been blowing up.
                      Maybe not only cabs, but just multiple screens ?

Comment

Working...