Williams Pinball Volume 4 sweeps into Pinball FX3 and Williams Pinball today!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Williams Pinball Volume 4 sweeps into Pinball FX3 and Williams Pinball today!

...and a few tips your kid-self would have loved to know when you were sinking quarters into these games.

Williams Pinball Volume 4 -- a three-pack including White Water, Red and Ted’s Road Show and Hurricane -- is now available to download on:
    PlayStation 4
    Xbox One & Windows 10
    Steam
    Nintendo Switch
    Mac
    Also individually on Google Play on mobile. iOS Appstore will soon follow.

It’s the early ‘90s. Life is good -- you’ve just beaten Super Metroid.
    You go down to the local arcade to play some pinball. You finally managed to start multiball on Road Show, hit the skillshot on Hurricane, and nailed that shot into Insanity Falls on White Water on White Water. As these tables arrive to Pinball FX3 here are a few tips you wish you knew back then:

White Water has a tricky sinkhole return, just left above the flippers. If you don’t want to lose your ball right when you would get it back, keep the right flipper upright to catch it safely. Another advanced trick to be aware of is that if you miss your first shot on the upper playfield - no problem! You can just nudge the ball back to the flipper and try again.

Souvenirs might be worth your while on Road Show, as they give bonuses to the main modes. Try for the skillshot -- which gives you one for free -- or trade in some of your points in Bob’s Souvenir Bunker. If you’re having trouble landing that shot on the Blast Targets, you can trap the ball on the flipper adjacent to them for a short time to aim your shot better.

Hurricane rewards consistent ramp shots, so if you get into the rhythm of shooting the middle ramp, you will shoot to the top of the leaderboards. Same goes for the Hurricane ramp on the right, you can rake in big millions as the game gives you back the ball to make the next shot instantly.

You can try these tricks out right now in Williams Pinball Volume 4 now available PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Windows 10, Steam, Nintendo Switch and Mac. Also on the iOS App Store and Google Play on mobile.
  • Threescoopz
    • Oct 2018

Zero responses

Please, please, please start switching these up with actual liscenced tables.

Look at the silence that this release has been met with. The lack of interest is deafening.

The new plan seems to be to copy what the other pinball game did with real tables and real physics. But that game crashed and burned. You guys won by doing Star Wars and Marvel and Universal and Universal and rad Video game pinball style.

Why would you change gears to copy the losers? It makes zero sense. Please go back to the reason people loved this game in the first place. Bring these out every three or so packs. But please go back to being good.

This is like when WWE beat WCW and then brought over their writers and started making the same mistakes.

Comment

• shogun00
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2011

You're gauging interest by forum posts? Go take a gander over on their social media pages. Hundreds of players are talking about this release.

Acquiring licenses takes time and Zen Studios have been pretty open on sales through interviews (mostly BlahCade). These non-licensed Williams table packs are selling so well, that they've delayed their release plans on their original tables (3 are in the works) until next year.

They also revealed that their first license William table will be coming out in the Fall.

Comment

• ALH2012
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Threescoopz
        You guys won by doing Star Wars and Marvel and Universal and Universal and rad Video game pinball style.
        I hear ya.I appreciate the simulation tables and pinball diversity but as i feared the simulation tables just might be the beginning of the end of Zen as we knew and loved it.The censored simulation tables are cheaper to produce and if they sell well enough they won't go through the effort of producing original tables anymore.Not a fair trade.

Comment

• PainkillerJTL
          Pinball Wizard
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by shogun00
          You're gauging interest by forum posts? Go take a gander over on their social media pages. Hundreds of players are talking about this release.

Acquiring licenses takes time and Zen Studios have been pretty open on sales through interviews (mostly BlahCade). These non-licensed Williams table packs are selling so well, that they've delayed their release plans on their original tables (3 are in the works) until next year.

They also revealed that their first license William table will be coming out in the Fall.
          I like certain original Williams tables but the ones that have come out recently haven't really stoked the fire. I'm waiting for Indiana Jones, Terminator, Star Trek, and Scared Stiff. I'd like to see a staggered release of original zen / Williams / original zen etc. but I can imagine the staff are super excited about having the Williams license so that's what they are focusing on right now.

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
            Pinhead
            • May 2018

Originally posted by McLovin

...and a few tips your kid-self would have loved to know when you were sinking quarters into these games.

Williams Pinball Volume 4 -- a three-pack including White Water, Red and Ted’s Road Show and Hurricane -- is now available to download on:
            PlayStation 4
            Xbox One & Windows 10
            Steam
            Nintendo Switch
            Mac
            Also individually on Google Play on mobile. iOS Appstore will soon follow.

It’s the early ‘90s. Life is good -- you’ve just beaten Super Metroid.
            You go down to the local arcade to play some pinball. You finally managed to start multiball on Road Show, hit the skillshot on Hurricane, and nailed that shot into Insanity Falls on White Water on White Water. As these tables arrive to Pinball FX3 here are a few tips you wish you knew back then:

White Water has a tricky sinkhole return, just left above the flippers. If you don’t want to lose your ball right when you would get it back, keep the right flipper upright to catch it safely. Another advanced trick to be aware of is that if you miss your first shot on the upper playfield - no problem! You can just nudge the ball back to the flipper and try again.

Souvenirs might be worth your while on Road Show, as they give bonuses to the main modes. Try for the skillshot -- which gives you one for free -- or trade in some of your points in Bob’s Souvenir Bunker. If you’re having trouble landing that shot on the Blast Targets, you can trap the ball on the flipper adjacent to them for a short time to aim your shot better.

Hurricane rewards consistent ramp shots, so if you get into the rhythm of shooting the middle ramp, you will shoot to the top of the leaderboards. Same goes for the Hurricane ramp on the right, you can rake in big millions as the game gives you back the ball to make the next shot instantly.

You can try these tricks out right now in Williams Pinball Volume 4 now available PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Windows 10, Steam, Nintendo Switch and Mac. Also on the iOS App Store and Google Play on mobile.
            Is the advertised "tap pass" featured in the new flipper physics trailer possible on the PS4 Dual Shock controller? I've tried repeatedly to execute it but the triggers don't seem sensitive enough. I'd be pretty disappointed if it's only possible on PC.

Comment

• shogun00
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TuttiDeLeon
              Is the advertised "tap pass" featured in the new flipper physics trailer possible on the PS4 Dual Shock controller? I've tried repeatedly to execute it but the triggers don't seem sensitive enough. I'd be pretty disappointed if it's only possible on PC.
              I've been able to pull it off with the L1 and R1 buttons.

Comment

• Cloda
                Pinball Wizard
                • Nov 2010

I'm on Mac, Zen Pinball 2 using an Xbox One controller. I generally struggle with the fine sensitivity shots if only using the Right or Left shoulder buttons. I have figured out though that if I get the timing just right, I can play sensitive shots by letting go of e.g. the right shoulder button and then transitioning over to the right trigger. It is going to take a bit more practice before I can do it consistently, but it works.

With the new physics I have been able to pull off all the tricks / skills, now it is just a matter of practicing so that I can do it consistently. The game has never been better even though it is now as hard as anything... I love the challenge. For me, playing with Zen physics is in the past, I won't be able to go back again and I don't think I'm the only player that feel that way. Unless new Zen originals comes with Classic Arcade physics, I can't see myself playing it. My main reason is that I don't have the time and also don't want to spend the time anymore to play hours at one game. Last night I played Road Show 30min before going to bed and managed to finish 3 games; in my best game setting a new record for me whilst starting multi-ball twice and moving about halfway through the city challenges. I immediately wanted to try again and love this process of iteratively improving on my scores and getting better at a table by having the opportunity to play many shorter games.
                Last edited by Cloda; 06-03-2019, 06:02 AM.
                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
                  Pinhead
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by shogun00
                  I've been able to pull it off with the L1 and R1 buttons.
                  I haven't been able to get it to work on buttons or triggers. I realise it's a non-essential technique, but would be pleased to be able to make it work just for fun. I can't make the flipper twitch, no matter how deftly I tap the triggers or buttons. Perhaps they're a bit sticky from wear & tear.

Comment

• shogun00
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2011

Perhaps they're a bit sticky from wear & tear.
                    That might be the case, since I usually buy a new controller yearly (during the holiday sales).

Comment

• cantankerous--
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Nov 2016

I haven't been able to get it to work on buttons or triggers. I realise it's a non-essential technique, but would be pleased to be able to make it work just for fun. I can't make the flipper twitch, no matter how deftly I tap the triggers or buttons. Perhaps they're a bit sticky from wear & tear.
                      They don't seem different to me either, but it's hard to say because the new tables have the flippers at a lower catch angle it seems. IDK.
                      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                      sigpic

Comment

• tfhfony
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Mar 2013

Why why why... Why did you guys even feel the need of censoring the bikini girl in White Water. Really... It's was a decent bikini, not reveiling anything. This has nothing to do with being 12+ or 16+ anymore.
                        https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
                        https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• McLovin
                          Marketing Manager
                          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by tfhfony
                          Why why why... Why did you guys even feel the need of censoring the bikini girl in White Water. Really... It's was a decent bikini, not reveiling anything. This has nothing to do with being 12+ or 16+ anymore.
                          Hi tfhfony, we don't feel like doing this, it is not us who make these rules. We have to have some alterations in order to keep our ratings on consoles.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by McLovin
                            Hi tfhfony, we don't feel like doing this, it is not us who make these rules. We have to have some alterations in order to keep our ratings on consoles.
                            What is the purpose of keeping a G rating when the game is only played by adults mostly in their 40's or later by a huge majority?
                            Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                            2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                            3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                            sigpic

Comment

• surf1der
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Jan 2012

Why have a G rating when the Williams app serves up ads like this (I took these screenshots today)...

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I assume these images are fine to post on the website since they are available within your app. Advertising an adult slot machine gambling game on your app is totally cool but they dare not show any cigars or beer cans. I guess the characters in these images have just enough clothes to NOT be considered "scantily-clad"?

Who cares though when it costs $20 to buy a single table on mobile? Unless you're a kid who wants to grind challenges to slowly unlock featureless tables while being served ads like those above.
                              Last edited by surf1der; 06-26-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...