Thread: FX3 Medieval Madness vs real table. Zen's doing something really special here....

Default FX3 Medieval Madness vs real table. Zen's doing something really special here....

Hi guys,

So I only just found out a few weeks ago that Zen picked up the Williams license and was super excited.

I've been playing their FX3 Medieval Madness on Classic Arcade mode for a week now and I must say I LOVE it! I really, really love the realistic physics and tough difficulty. This is the way pinball should be.

I've been practicing MM on FX3 for a week and just today I stopped by two different pubs to play their real MM tables just to compare. And was pleasantly surprised to report that the real tables play almost exactly the same as the the FX3 version. The tricks i've learned from the FX3 table on when to trap the ball and how the ball reacts when I try to do certain things it in certain situations matches the way the real table reacts too. The points where you aim on the flipper are almost spot on too (every table might shoot a bit differently with flipper wear). This is really something special what Zen's doing here and they're really doing the pinball community a massive service.

We can literally use these FX3 williams tables as practice tables it seems. I don't have as much experience with real tables in the other williams packs, but I'm confident they play quite close to their real counterparts. If anyone has any of their more in-depth experiences on this I would be very interested.

I noticed today my average scores on the real MM tables almost matches the average scores I get on the FX3 version perfectly. This is huge as back in Pinball Arcade I always found it too easy to get high scores. Really, REALLY loving what Zen is doing here with these real tables.

Will be buying all your Williams tables and every future real table you recreate. Please keep up your great work on the realistic physics/gameplay. Please keep improving and making the physics even more real. You're getting so close to the real thing.

On a side note, it would be great if you could eventually pick up other licenses from other manufacturers like Stern, Spooky Pinball, Jersey Jack and Heighway. With the realistic physics in these williams tables I find it really hard to go back to your old Zen tables now. I really prefer playing your recreation of real tables instead cause it feels so real and I enjoy the challenge. Also authentic pinball tables have this charm and character.

Thanks again for your great work. And please make Monster Bash! =D

Hey Eric,

thank you for your kind words, we are very happy you love our version of Medieval Madness! If you can learn a few tricks and practice in our digital rendition and can put that to use in the real life table that is the highest praise for us.

It would be pretty awesome if we could branch out to other manufacturers, although we don't have license agreements with them yet. My personal wishlist is

Data East - Stargate
    Stern - Walking Dead and Ghostbusters
    Jersey Jack - Dialed In
    American Pinball - Oktoberfest - I haven't played this one, but looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    American Pinball - Oktoberfest - I haven't played this one, but looks cool
    It looks very cool indeed, but I'm afraid that with the ZEN Censorship, the girls in the dirndl will probably end up in dresses as high up as in their necks. I mean... The fact that you guys even censored the bikini in White water.. Man... Quite pathetic..
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    It looks very cool indeed, but I'm afraid that with the ZEN Censorship, the girls in the dirndl will probably end up in dresses as high up as in their necks. I mean... The fact that you guys even censored the bikini in White water.. Man... Quite pathetic..
    Dude, they are wanting the games to be amish friendly for when the amish start using electricity.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Totally agree. Really hope they can figure out a way to give us the uncensored tables on PS4. There's so many tables in the past with such risque themes that it would be a shame if they'd have to censor it all out.

Was also thinking it would be great if they can let us choose the type of physics we want to use in practice mode. So far I think we only get Zen physics in practice.

And hopefully they keep improving the physics even more, making it more realistic. They're really on the verge of something special here with the physics if they keep improving it. I find true pinball players on average enjoy the challenge. I love the higher difficulties in their realistic classic physics. Always hated how easy the Pinball Arcade versions played.

Oktoberfest would be awesome! Also, Stern Ghostbusters, Walking Dead, ACDC, Lord of the Rings would be amazing. And some tables from Spooky Pinball and Heighway would be sweet. =D

It's also very surprising that a European company lke Zen is worse with this type of censorship compared to a US company like Farsight.

well they got bitchslapped by the ESRB before so they are playing it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod77 View Post
    well they got bitchslapped by the ESRB before so they are playing it safe.
    With something completely else....
    All these tables are already on the market with the original sounds/gfx/animations without any problems at all.

A years ahead from what FarSight Studios did.
    Playing the two versions are day and night.
    Steam ID: virtuadream