• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray
    Community Representative
    • Jun 2019

Replacing Chili

Hi Zenners,

My name is Ray and I’m the new Community Representative at Zen. I’m replacing Chili in this position and hopefully, I can be as much of an assistance as she was.

I can help you out at CastleStorming, crawling in Operencia and of course pinballing.

I joined Zen because of my love of pinball. To be frank though, my mom likes them more. Also better at them than me. I’m terribly good at Data East’s Last Action Hero. I haven’t seen that machine for 15 years now, so past tense would be more appropriate. I remember it malfunctioning: the ball could get stuck and you could only get it out by tilting the machine. I developed the technique of nudging the apparatus in the side without tilting it. I taught the trick to a classmate of mine. He seemed grateful. Don’t ask me how I did it though, I don’t remember.

Other than pinballs, I enjoy games of all kinds. Thumper was a big favorite of mine not long ago. I also think that Lucas Pope is a genius. At my most leisurely, I like to relax with some CAVE-developed bullet hells.

All in all, I’ll be haunting this forum with my presence and will definitely try to plunge the bugs that I bump into out of the playfield which could only be done with your help. So let’s do it!
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

Chili is a girl? lol..........seriously, I had no idea.......btw welcome.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• shogun00
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2011

Welcome Ray!

Comment

• PainkillerJTL
        Pinball Wizard
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Ray
        Hi Zenners,

My name is Ray and I’m the new Community Representative at Zen. I’m replacing Chili in this position and hopefully, I can be as much of an assistance as she was.

I can help you out at CastleStorming, crawling in Operencia and of course pinballing.

I joined Zen because of my love of pinball. To be frank though, my mom likes them more. Also better at them than me. I’m terribly good at Data East’s Last Action Hero. I haven’t seen that machine for 15 years now, so past tense would be more appropriate. I remember it malfunctioning: the ball could get stuck and you could only get it out by tilting the machine. I developed the technique of nudging the apparatus in the side without tilting it. I taught the trick to a classmate of mine. He seemed grateful. Don’t ask me how I did it though, I don’t remember.

Other than pinballs, I enjoy games of all kinds. Thumper was a big favorite of mine not long ago. I also think that Lucas Pope is a genius. At my most leisurely, I like to relax with some CAVE-developed bullet hells.

All in all, I’ll be haunting this forum with my presence and will definitely try to plunge the bugs that I bump into out of the playfield which could only be done with your help. So let’s do it!
        Welcome aboard! Operencia is pretty cool. Bard's Tale was my first addiction on the Commodore 64 and this game reminds me of that.

Comment

• Ray
          Community Representative
          • Jun 2019

Originally posted by PainkillerJTL
          Welcome aboard! Operencia is pretty cool. Bard's Tale was my first addiction on the Commodore 64 and this game reminds me of that.
          Oooh, Bard's Tale. Yeah. Never played it, always wanted to.
          These crawlers are pretty scarce now, for some reason. Although there is this game called Aeon of Sands that looks interesting...

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
            Writer of Guides
            • Apr 2011

Hiya Ray!

Originally posted by Ray
            Snip
            Welcome Ray. I am sure you will be a Ray of light on our playfields. I know, I know, sorry I couldn't help myself lol.
            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Ray
              Community Representative
              • Jun 2019

My family name is Kiss... really

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
              Welcome Ray. I am sure you will be a Ray of light on our playfields. I know, I know, sorry I couldn't help myself lol.
              Showmeyoucan keep the puns coming!

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                Writer of Guides
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Ray
                Showmeyoucan keep the puns coming!
                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• The Omega M4n
                  Pinhead
                  • Apr 2013

I completed Operencia on the XBX and it was a fantastic game, took me right back to Dungeon master, Lands of Lore and Eye of the beholder days, and it worked perfectly with a gamepad, that was impressive.
                  xBL GT: The Omega M4N
                  Steam OMEGA MAN
                  PS4 Firefox2000

Comment

Working...