Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unhorsti
    • Jun 2019

test of skill

i am fed up. i can´t get trough this test. i can only reach the the two fixed panels. the last third is impossible to match - i can not move fast enough.
    a bug or too tricky. trying for more than three ours is not funny. does any one have a walktrough that works or a cheat?
  • Ray
    Community Representative
    • Jun 2019

That one

Originally posted by unhorsti
    i am fed up. i can´t get trough this test. i can only reach the the two fixed panels. the last third is impossible to match - i can not move fast enough.
    a bug or too tricky. trying for more than three ours is not funny. does any one have a walktrough that works or a cheat?
    Hi unhorsti,

We made a video for this Test of Skill - hopefully, it'll get you through the challenge!

Find it here:
    You've been telling us that the Test of Skill in Bálványos can be a real stickler sometimes. For any of you still struggling with this puzzle we made a littl...

Comment

• unhorsti
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Ray
      Hi unhorsti,

We made a video for this Test of Skill - hopefully, it'll get you through the challenge!

Find it here:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hg...ature=youtu.be
      Still can´t get through. Especially the last third after the second fixed plate, it is not possible to
      reach the end. And after three hours trying i am frustrated. a challenge like this, should not be
      part of a dungeon crawler game. And it even don´t get easier the often i fell down.
      Any other idea?

Comment

• Ray
        Community Representative
        • Jun 2019

Go straight ahead

Still can´t get through. Especially the last third after the second fixed plate, it is not possible to
        reach the end. And after three hours trying i am frustrated. a challenge like this, should not be
        part of a dungeon crawler game. And it even don´t get easier the often i fell down.
        Any other idea?
        Hey unhorsti,

I tried to solve the puzzle and found a method that worked for me: forget the second fixed plate, aim for the third one.
        The third plate is the second to the last one in the corner. You only need to go straight ahead to reach it. Don't bother going to the right at all. When a bolt strikes a plate just go ahead or dance backward (there is a possible fall inherent in going backward, but still). After you've reached the third fixed plate, just wait around (try to reach the gate from the corner) until you have a clear shot at leaving this puzzle behind you once and for all.

Try it out, I'm interested if it'll work for you too!
        Last edited by Ray; 06-28-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• unhorsti
          • Jun 2019

-

Your are partly right. I can reach the third plate without problems. But the problem occurs at the last third. From the third plate the trapdoors are opening to fast an to many at once therefore i can not reach the doorway. Any ideas?

Comment

• Ray
            Community Representative
            • Jun 2019

Like a crab

Your are partly right. I can reach the third plate without problems. But the problem occurs at the last third. From the third plate the trapdoors are opening to fast an to many at once therefore i can not reach the doorway. Any ideas?
            I managed to reach the gate by going into the corner in the upper left of the room then turning my back on the wall or positioning myself next to the wall so it would be on my left. From there, you have a good view of the lightning bolts. It seemed like the tile just before the gate and the one in the corner are never opened at the same time, but they are frequently struck one after the other. I never entered the gate facing forwards, only managed to get inside facing sideways or going backward - like a crab.

Comment

• unhorsti
              • Jun 2019

Test of Patience

Originally posted by Ray
              I managed to reach the gate by going into the corner in the upper left of the room then turning my back on the wall or positioning myself next to the wall so it would be on my left. From there, you have a good view of the lightning bolts. It seemed like the tile just before the gate and the one in the corner are never opened at the same time, but they are frequently struck one after the other. I never entered the gate facing forwards, only managed to get inside facing sideways or going backward - like a crab.
              Sorry i have tried it for the last two day´s an i am annoyed. For me it is not possible to get further through the doorway. The trapdoors are opening to fast, and to many of them at once, so that there is no space for maneuvering. And the worst of all, when you fall down you have to start from the beginning. Is there a cheat existing for this eventuality or can you offer me manual how to edit my savefile. And do me a favor rename the "Test of Skill" to "Test of Patience".

Comment

• Ray
                Community Representative
                • Jun 2019

Test the Test

Sorry i have tried it for the last two day´s an i am annoyed. For me it is not possible to get further through the doorway. The trapdoors are opening to fast, and to many of them at once, so that there is no space for maneuvering. And the worst of all, when you fall down you have to start from the beginning. Is there a cheat existing for this eventuality or can you offer me manual how to edit my savefile. And do me a favor rename the "Test of Skill" to "Test of Patience".
                Hey unhorsti,

Do you play the game on Xbox or on PC? If PC, which store did you buy the game from?
                I'm only asking because if you could send us your save file, we will try to put this Test of Skill through the wringer for you.

Let me know if you're okay with this!

Comment

• unhorsti
                  • Jun 2019

Epic

Originally posted by Ray
                  Hey unhorsti,

Do you play the game on Xbox or on PC? If PC, which store did you buy the game from?
                  I'm only asking because if you could send us your save file, we will try to put this Test of Skill through the wringer for you.

Let me know if you're okay with this!
                  I play the game on PC and bought it on the epic store. This would be perfect if you can wringer it for me. Tell me where to send the save-file.

Comment

• Ray
                    Community Representative
                    • Jun 2019

Mangling the wring!

I play the game on PC and bought it on the epic store. This would be perfect if you can wringer it for me. Tell me where to send the save-file.
                    Thanks! Please send the save file to [email protected]

Comment

• unhorsti
                      • Jun 2019

*sav-File

Originally posted by Ray
                      Thanks! Please send the save file to [email protected]
                      I sent the save-file at the obove mentioned e-mail-adress …

Comment

• unhorsti
                        • Jun 2019

Test of Patience

I sent the save-file at the obove mentioned e-mail-adress …
                        Thanks that works great. I am starting for the next Test … and to find all the hidden secrets ...

Comment

Working...