Thread: FX3 Cabinet button mapping issues

Default FX3 Cabinet button mapping issues

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this has been covered in a past post and I never post to forums but I am currently at a complete loss.

I have recently built a cabinet and have vpx, pinupplayer, and future pinball working without issues but am still unable to map my Virtuapin V3 to work with FX3. I have tried x360ce and everything seems to work fine until I boot the game and it doesn't register the controller. I boot it in the same folder as fx3.exe, tried the 32 bit and 64 bit version as well as running as administrator. I have also tried xpadder which seemed to work as well but the game didnt pick up the controller that time either.

I really hope someone can help me figure this out because these tables are amazing and I dont want to give up on it.

Thank you all in advance.

Edit: I am running windows 10
    Last edited by Chiefbubbafat; 07-05-2019 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Adding information

I set mine up as a steam generic controller. I set all the buttons in the steam controller setup.

Quote Originally Posted by AcadDude View Post
    I set mine up as a steam generic controller. I set all the buttons in the steam controller setup.
    Thats what i was initially going to do but when i went to assign buttons it seemed like the only way you can do that is if you map every button on the 360 controller. Is there a way to not fill every button input and still save?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefbubbafat View Post
    Thats what i was initially going to do but when i went to assign buttons it seemed like the only way you can do that is if you map every button on the 360 controller. Is there a way to not fill every button input and still save?
    I cannot remember how many buttons are minimum. I have 6 mapped. Primary Action, Go Back, Tertiary Action, Secondary Action, Left Shoulder, DPAD Left.
    I mapped the plunger to the right analog and the accelerometer to the nudge by moving the board to map them. So I have a total of 9 things mapped. 6 buttons and 3 of the Axis's (Axis 0 Axis 1 Nudges for Left Stick X and Y) and (Axis 2 Plunger for Right Stick Y)

I got it working! You arn't able to save the generic controller mapping until you go through the entire button list once. Thanks for the help.