Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DMR140
    • May 2019

Williams Bride of Pinbot

I know this table is pre-DMD but I would love to play it in FX3! Maybe as a Pinbot set? It’s classic and the gameplay is perfect.
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

They have been releasing williams table bunches about every two months or so, so based on that I would expect to see an announcement shortly as to what will be releasing. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• The Omega M4n
      Pinhead
      • Apr 2013

After the censorship that has hit some of the recent tables on Consoles and W10 versions for some really minor things i doubt BOP will ever appear on FX3, they have to sell the same table on both the PC and consoles, so i imagine the censorship of the console/W10 versions would be so invasive for that it would kill the tables stone dead and any viabilty of making any money from it as i doubt they are ever going to make exclusive tables for the PC alone.
      xBL GT: The Omega M4N
      Steam OMEGA MAN
      PS4 Firefox2000

Comment

• DMR140
        • May 2019

Originally posted by The Omega M4n
        After the censorship that has hit some of the recent tables on Consoles and W10 versions for some really minor things i doubt BOP will ever appear on FX3, they have to sell the same table on both the PC and consoles, so i imagine the censorship of the console/W10 versions would be so invasive for that it would kill the tables stone dead and any viabilty of making any money from it as i doubt they are ever going to make exclusive tables for the PC alone.
        You’ve got a point. I was thinking the same but also hoping that the whole robot theme wouldn’t be that graphic. Or maybe it’s too sexist but on the other side, it’s a cartoony woman robot with a weird cleavage that can be removed. The sound she makes with multiball is classic but maybe that can be adjusted too.

I’m just being optimistically hopeful here.

Comment

• The Omega M4n
          Pinhead
          • Apr 2013

^^I don't mind being completely worng and seeing BOP appear on Zen, one of my fave tables on PBA.
          Steam OMEGA MAN
          PS4 Firefox2000

Comment

• GruffMckenzie
            • Sep 2017

Think of the children!

Comment

• cantankerous--
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2016

I doubt it is the overall silver female robot that adorns the backglass that is the real issue and maybe the sex doll O face she has on the playfield that is kind of blatantly sexualized.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
              3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
              sigpic

Comment

• cantankerous--
                Pinball Wizard
                • Nov 2016

See what I mean?

brideofpinbot.jpg

sigpic

Comment

• DMR140
                  • May 2019

Sure, the sex doll thing could be an issue too. But it’s also depends on how you look at it. I’ve never seen a sex doll with holes in her eyes. I mean, that may be a hint that this is about upgrading speak and vision instead of... or maybe there’s a market for that, not sure.

Bride was my first pinball love so let’s stop calling her a sex doll ok? It hurts.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Nov 2016

I'm a grown man and find none of it offensive, and merely providing things I think might be too much, given the current state of ease to which some might find offense. I would love all the pinbot tables and the slight censorship is no issue to me. I honestly think some are carrying on a bit much over it.

sigpic

Comment

• shogun00
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2011

FWIW, when Farsight released BOP for Pinball Arcade, it was before they increased the rating to E-10. In other words, it was actually passable for the regular E rating.

Comment

• The Omega M4n
                        Pinhead
                        • Apr 2013

I actually thought of this table as a mix of Frankenstien and the 1927 movie Metropolis, with the robot becoming a woman and all that.
                        Steam OMEGA MAN
                        PS4 Firefox2000

Comment

• DMR140
                          • May 2019

I actually thought of this table as a mix of Frankenstien and the 1927 movie Metropolis, with the robot becoming a woman and all that.
                          I think it is. One of the sound bites is “she’s alive” which is based on the classic Frankenstein movie.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Nov 2016

My thoughts exactly.

sigpic

Comment

Working...